Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    isn't Kobe kind of a philly guy?

fuck him! he's jacking up every shot he can get against my Jazz. what a fucking joke.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,660
    edited April 2016

A new Wawa announced at 19th and Market. People in my office are pumped. I was excited until I remembered that Wawa is incredibly overrated.

Pack your shit, put your house on the market and get the hell out of here with this nonsense.

There is no better convenience store in all the land.
    Hahaha

Yeah, but at the end of the day it's just a convenience store with half way decent sandwiches. I am pretty sure there is nothing this region takes more pride in that a convenience store chain. I envision the people of Rome being similarly proud of the Vatican or coliseum.

People are all pumped for a wawa when there are 10 delis within a couple blocks with much better food
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832

A new Wawa announced at 19th and Market. People in my office are pumped. I was excited until I remembered that Wawa is incredibly overrated.

Pack your shit, put your house on the market and get the hell out of here with this nonsense.

Hahaha

Yeah, but at the end of the day it's just a convenience store with half way decent sandwiches. I am pretty sure there is nothing this region takes more pride in that a convenience store chain. I envision the people of Rome being similarly proud of the Vatican or coliseum.

People are all pumped for a wawa when there are 10 delis within a couple blocks with much better food
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Wobbie said:

fuck him! he's jacking up every shot he can get against my Jazz. what a fucking joke.

LM SUCKS
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA
    Hahahaha

Old nelson's > wawa...unless it's 2AM

Oh, there's a nice little anti cop protest going on over by you at 4th and Market. Just messed up my commute. Have market between 3rd and 5th blocked off.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    Wobbie said:

not really. he went to high school in the suburbs for the most part lived in Italy as a kid as his father played there. and we pretty much hate Kobe even though he is one of the greatest of all time.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks said:

Wobbie said:

not really. he went to high school in the suburbs for the most part lived in Italy as a kid as his father played there. and we pretty much hate Kobe even though he is one of the greatest of all time.
    His Dad is a Philly guy.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

Wobbie said:

His Dad is a Philly guy.
    yea I remember when he was Speedy's assistant and Speedy thought he had a real chance at getting Kobe. Imagine if Kobe had gone to LaSalle?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

Wobbie said:

His Dad is a Philly guy.
    yea I remember when he was Speedy's assistant and Speedy thought he had a real chance at getting Kobe. Imagine if Kobe had gone to LaSalle?
    Ha. He wouldn't even go to the Hornets.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Hahaha

agree on the food but it's great in the suburbs with the gas. cheapest gas in the philly area. the other thing is people are like incredibly nice at Wawa. i mean even I hold doors for people there and i pretty much dislike everyone.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

Wobbie said:

His Dad is a Philly guy.
    That was a nice dream to have at the time, either LaSalle or the NBA. Haha but that was nice of Joe to make LaSalle think they had a chance for Kobe while getting himself the gig.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Hahaha

agree on the food but it's great in the suburbs with the gas. cheapest gas in the philly area. the other thing is people are like incredibly nice at Wawa. i mean even I hold doors for people there and i pretty much dislike everyone.
    Solid points. The gas is cheap and for some reason everyone does hold doors. It is also a very good company in general too.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

Hahaha

Solid points. The gas is cheap and for some reason everyone does hold doors. It is also a very good company in general too.
    If I could just stick to the gas at Wawa, I'd save a lot of money and I'd be much thinner.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

Hahaha

If I could just stick to the gas at Wawa, I'd save a lot of money and I'd be much thinner.
    i don't eat their sandwiches too much. I think their rolls sucks since they started making them themselves.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    velazquez is filthy. hope they let him finish this game
  • Options
    Holy shit VV
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

25ks in 16 innings. he's got a big arm. starting pitching has been great so far even though it hasn't been the best competition yet. up to .500. how many games back of the wild card?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

25ks in 16 innings. he's got a big arm. starting pitching has been great so far even though it hasn't been the best competition yet. up to .500. how many games back of the wild card?
    I was considering waiving my "No Phillies Under Any Circumstances" rule in my fantasy league for him but someone picked him up before I could.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Young bucks!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

I was considering waiving my "No Phillies Under Any Circumstances" rule in my fantasy league for him but someone picked him up before I could.
    Get Eickhoff
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Nice to see Odubel walk 3 times too
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    edited April 2016
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

Get Eickhoff
    Somebody already grabbed him too. Earlier today in fact. My pitching staff is okay for now though. Just looking for some depth.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    jason groome suspended for rest of the season. kinda sucks for the phillies
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,277
    The Fixer said:

Who? ok i had to look him up. Actually it's for half the season
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

The Fixer said:

That would be good news if it's only half the season.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,277
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

That would be good news if it's only half the season.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15202407/daniel-stumpf-philadelphia-phillies-suspended-80-games
    The Fixer said:

Damn, i forgot the had a business persons day today. 16K's?????????????
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    From everything I'm trying to read - he'd still be eligible for the draft, no?
  • Options
    What's he suspended for? I saw he just tossed a no hitter, or close to it, the other day
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Since 2000, the number of MLB pitchers to strike out at least 16, walk zero in shutout win: Max Scherzer (10/3/15), Vince Velasquez (today).
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

From everything I'm trying to read - he'd still be eligible for the draft, no?

yeah, won't affect his draft eligibility. highly doubtful he'd be in the mix for the top pick if he doesn't pitch this spring though.