PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    this is not the kind of comp that I like to see about phils prospects

Jorge Alfaro, c, Phillies. Alfaro, part of the package the Phillies received for Cole Hamels, strained his right oblique, the team announced. He could miss several weeks. Alfaro was off to a terrific start, going 18-for-36 to start the season with six extra-base hits. Alfaro’s defense trails his bat right now, so the Phillies were having him get plenty of repetitions behind the plate. He has been compared to former Phillies outfielder Jeff Francoeur for his power and aggressive approach and some scouts believe he might end up in right field.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,951
    And now Prince is dead. THANKS, OBAMA.

And now Prince is dead. THANKS, OBAMA.

game, blouses
    ...New Orleans in the morning...I think I'll be joining Prince on Monday....

...New Orleans in the morning...I think I'll be joining Prince on Monday....

haha. I was just there a few weeks ago. Still recovering

be careful -- dude with us got jumped the first night. was walking back to our hotel by himself.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    FrancoSMASH
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

FrancoSMASH

twice!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

FrancoSMASH

twice!
    Nola was dealing last night too. Good game.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

FrancoSMASH

twice!
    Nola was dealing last night too. Good game.

picked up his first win of the season. :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Boom!
    www.myspace.com
    Whoa....we got shows this week.

Weather better hold up.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Weather better hold up.

Looks like showers Friday morning. I am only really concerned with Friday afternoon as that is when we'll be tailgating. Hopefully it stops by then. Can't.Wait. Going all out on the tailgate, I do believe

Weather better hold up.

Looks like showers Friday morning. I am only really concerned with Friday afternoon as that is when we'll be tailgating. Hopefully it stops by then. Can't.Wait. Going all out on the tailgate, I do believe
    I just checked the comment section on those club box seats I got and it says "food and drink available for purchase." Not too confident on that being open bar for 3 hours now. Oh well.

We're playing Broad Run Friday morning and then heading straight down. You ever play there? Supposed to be an awesome course.
    www.myspace.com

Weather better hold up.

I just checked the comment section on those club box seats I got and it says "food and drink available for purchase." Not too confident on that being open bar for 3 hours now. Oh well.

We're playing Broad Run Friday morning and then heading straight down. You ever play there? Supposed to be an awesome course.
    That stinks. At least booze/bathrooms are convenient.

I did, a couple years ago with guys I worked with at the time, one of which is like a 7 handicap. Really nice course.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Anyone around the 2100 block of Locust Street? I'm looking for a place for a quick 1 or 3 before the show Thursday and possibly after the show (may just overpay at xfinity afterwards)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

Anyone around the 2100 block of Locust Street? I'm looking for a place for a quick 1 or 3 before the show Thursday and possibly after the show (may just overpay at xfinity afterwards)

you gotta hit Monk's...

starting thursday it's 4 shows in 5 nights for this guy.

Work about 3 blocks away. Lots of stuff. Depends on what type of atmosphere you're looking for.
    Smiths is a good spot. Good Dog is a solid spot and is right by the subway for you. Devil's Alley. Monk's (belgium beer bar), Jose Pistola's. Then of course there's Drinkers and the like.

Work about 3 blocks away. Lots of stuff. Depends on what type of atmosphere you're looking for.
    Smiths is a good spot. Good Dog is a solid spot and is right by the subway for you. Devil's Alley. Monk's (belgium beer bar), Jose Pistola's. Then of course there's Drinkers and the like.
    I'm staying right in that area as well. Somehow I always end up at McGillins at the end of the night
    The Fixer said:

I'm staying right in that area as well. Somehow I always end up at McGillins at the end of the night
    Ha, yeah, sounds about right. It is always a shit show, but I dig McGillans in small doses...
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Monk's noted.

Atmosphere we may be looking for is a place that can handle 10 PJ fans from across the US / Canada who may get loud.

I'll look those places up you listed Cliffy.

The golf talk may have me getting up earlier and stopping somewhere on the way down to play 18
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

The Fixer said:

Ha, yeah, sounds about right. It is always a shit show, but I dig McGillans in small doses...
    exactly. have to at least have a buzz to deal with that place...which makes it the perfect late night spot

ever been to U-Bahn? went there after Dr Dog a couple of weeks ago. lot of talent in that place
    edited April 2016

Monk's noted.

Atmosphere we may be looking for is a place that can handle 10 PJ fans from across the US / Canada who may get loud.

I'll look those places up you listed Cliffy.

The golf talk may have me getting up earlier and stopping somewhere on the way down to play 18

Good times. Monk's is a great spot, but could potentially be tough depending on what time you get there. If there's space at the back bar, you could be good to take that area over.

All of the spots I listed aren't huge, so all depends on the time. Could be touch and go around Happy Hour on a Thursday for a big group as there are a ton of office buildings in the area. If you know what time, call ahead and grab a big table. Devil's Alley should definitely be able to set you up with a table. A bit on the nicer side of the places I listed, but not fancy or anything.

Of course there are a ton of big spots that typically serve a serve a younger crowd. Misconduct, Drinkers, Fado, Fox and Hound, Ladder 15 (ha).

Irish Pub is right by you too. So so, but serves it's purpose.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

exactly. have to at least have a buzz to deal with that place...which makes it the perfect late night spot

ever been to U-Bahn? went there after Dr Dog a couple of weeks ago. lot of talent in that place
    ha, yeah. Always a loud mess.

Yeah, only once though. Was right by my old gig. Downstairs from Bru, which is a spot I like and went to often when I worked around there.

misconduct is really cool since they redid the bar area
    The Fixer said:

misconduct is really cool since they redid the bar area

Yeah, it's alright. Fine for happy hour for sure, but not my scene at night. Too old for crowds and tools.
    I will prob hit Good Dog or Fergie's for happy hour. then make my way towards xfinity for a few as showtime gets closer.
    The Fixer said:

I will prob hit Good Dog or Fergie's for happy hour. then make my way towards xfinity for a few as showtime gets closer.

Word. Always dig Fergie's.

Where are you staying?
    F. Me.

Just an FYI - Jazz Fest is nothing but lines and lines and lines and lines of people. I don't think I've ever been around that many people - I'm going out on a limb and am going to say there was at least 100-120k people. But go at least once, pretty fucking sweet.....when not covered in people.

The Fixer said:

Where are you staying?
    doubletree on broad st.
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Where are you staying?
    doubletree on broad st.
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Where are you staying?
    doubletree on broad st.
    Nice. Convenient.