PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Sheeeit. Spring tour tumors starting up
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

Do what now?
    www.myspace.com

Do what now?
    Apparently autocorrect prefers tumors to rumors. Regardless, tour rumors for New York and philly are popping up on the porch
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953

Do what now?
    Apparently autocorrect prefers tumors to rumors. Regardless, tour rumors for New York and philly are popping up on the porch
    I'm actually at a point where I'm thinking puhhhhh-leeease don't tour within the year. The woman will be pissed when I try to do more than one show with a wedding coming up. But, oh well, she's just going to have to make some sacrifices...

Do what now?
    I'm actually at a point where I'm thinking puhhhhh-leeease don't tour within the year. The woman will be pissed when I try to do more than one show with a wedding coming up. But, oh well, she's just going to have to make some sacrifices...
    I did 2 shows within 2 weeks of my wedding, haha. She went to one of them though.

Do what now?
    I did 2 shows within 2 weeks of my wedding, haha. She went to one of them though.
    Going to a PJ show for her is like going to the dentist for a route canal. Little bit of a sore subject in the household with me, not gonna lie.

Do what now?
    Going to a PJ show for her is like going to the dentist for a route canal. Little bit of a sore subject in the household with me, not gonna lie.
    oh man.....you gotta get that straightened out
    www.myspace.com
    edited October 2015

Do what now?
    oh man.....you gotta get that straightened out
    You ain't kiddin'. But, alas, it's been nearly 5 years now, and it's pretty much a little of columns A & B: A) she likes to fuck with me & B ) she's just "meh" to PJ. And that's fine, that's fine, just fine. JUST TOTALLY FINE.
    Hopefully Ng gets the job - http://philliesnation.com/archives/2015/10/phillies-to-interview-ng-atkins-for-general-manager-role/

If for no other reason but to have sports talk radio/tv implode.
    edited October 2015

Hopefully Ng gets the job - http://philliesnation.com/archives/2015/10/phillies-to-interview-ng-atkins-for-general-manager-role/

If for no other reason but to have sports talk radio/tv implode.

would be the most un-phillies like move in the history of the phillies.....love that they're getting outside their comfort zone though...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    is that a met?

fucking right I'm gonna kill that MF'er. I'm chase utley, that's what I do...beat the mets

I will forever love him. fuck the cubs...fuck them mets. go dodgers
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited October 2015
    I couldnt find the mets thread. because it died in 2007 (sorry)

this is amazing. phillies own them...even when they're not playing them. I LOVE IT..GO DODGERS (and fuck the cubs too...no one is rooting for an eagles super bowl so I hope the masturbating bears get fucked to death by matt holiday's enormous forearms)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzefQumEuwQ

Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,548
    The Fixer said:

is that a met?

fucking right I'm gonna kill that MF'er. I'm chase utley, that's what I do...beat the mets

That was a garbage dirty play but of course a Phillie fan would love it.

Brotherly Love.
  • BCBABCBA Posts: 220
    Dirty "slide"
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

The Fixer said:

is that a met?

That was a garbage dirty play but of course a Phillie fan would love it.

Brotherly Love.
    regular season i'd say it was dirty but in a playoff game that is fair game. was a huge spot in the game. you gotta take the guy out. sucks he fucked him up but right play during the playoffs.
    All you surburban folk have orders from yours truly for the next time you are in the city. Go to 9th st, find cappuccio's and get a couple nice thick dry aged rib eyes (I believe the only place in the city that dry ages steak). By far the best steaks I have ever had at home. It's not really close either.

While you're at it, you might as well grab some pork belly as well. Espisito's has the best selection in the Italian market, there is no cut they don't have, but cappuccio's has the best stuff
    So Ruben wants to be a manager now?

HAHA
    www.myspace.com
    Ramsey officially retiring. I know there are a lot of cops who don't like him, but it always seemed like he did a good job (don't know if it is just messing with statistics, but violent crime is down from prior to him coming in) and represented this city well. The Pope's security talked about how he was one of the best police leaders they have ever worked with and he has represented the city well on the national stage with the initiatives he has worked with Obama on.

Ramsey officially retiring. I know there are a lot of cops who don't like him, but it always seemed like he did a good job (don't know if it is just messing with statistics, but violent crime is down from prior to him coming in) and represented this city well. The Pope's security talked about how he was one of the best police leaders they have ever worked with and he has represented the city well on the national stage with the initiatives he has worked with Obama on.

I didn't mind him. Most cops suck, though, but that's just me. Also, he's black, so there's always the racial undertones.

I feel like things are going to suck if (when) Kenney becomes mayor. I'm voting for Murray, even though it's a waste of time. One day Philadelphians will realize Republicans in the city are not the same as the Republicans at the federal level, or even the state level.

I didn't mind him. Most cops suck, though, but that's just me. Also, he's black, so there's always the racial undertones.

I feel like things are going to suck if (when) Kenney becomes mayor. I'm voting for Murray, even though it's a waste of time. One day Philadelphians will realize Republicans in the city are not the same as the Republicans at the federal level, or even the state level.
    I don't know what to think about Kenney. Very progressive on social issues, in bed with Dougherty, will obviously have a better relationship with city council than Nutter. None of that matters all that much considering the schools are a joke and the city is broke. I continue to see good things for greater center city, but that's not really what matters for the mayor.

I have liked what I have heard from her, but she was apparently extremely light on details on Monday. Kenney can be, pointless for her to be.
    He just seems like he'll go completely in the direction of whatever the powers-to-be will tell him to do - ala Johnny Doc - a complete puppet. I don't see him being progressive, only when it gets him votes.

Unions need to be blown up, the "old guard" of city council need to be turned upside down, city wage tax torn up and replaced with higher property taxes, education a first priority. Oh, and fucking city-wide street sweeping (Kenney said he wants to implement this, but who the fuck really knows).

He just seems like he'll go completely in the direction of whatever the powers-to-be will tell him to do - ala Johnny Doc - a complete puppet. I don't see him being progressive, only when it gets him votes.

Unions need to be blown up, the "old guard" of city council need to be turned upside down, city wage tax torn up and replaced with higher property taxes, education a first priority. Oh, and fucking city-wide street sweeping (Kenney said he wants to implement this, but who the fuck really knows).

He has done a lot of the gay community in Philadelphia, and I don't necessarily think that was just for votes. I don't disagree with the Johnny Doc comment. That's everyone's biggest worry. Unions in the city are destroying business tourism. How many times have we heard about how bad the convention center is doing? Well, it's because it cost anyone who comes to town $9034853490 and 5 people for a light bulb to be changed. I swear I am going to start deflating those awful inflatable rats. There has been one at a condo building going up a block away from my house at least weekly for almost a year now. I'd agree with the rest. Kenney talked about high property taxes on Monday, especially corporate. It's really all about education to me. I don't want to leave the city, but I am going to be forced to if we ever decide to have kids.

He has done a lot of the gay community in Philadelphia, and I don't necessarily think that was just for votes. I don't disagree with the Johnny Doc comment. That's everyone's biggest worry. Unions in the city are destroying business tourism. How many times have we heard about how bad the convention center is doing? Well, it's because it cost anyone who comes to town $9034853490 and 5 people for a light bulb to be changed. I swear I am going to start deflating those awful inflatable rats. There has been one at a condo building going up a block away from my house at least weekly for almost a year now. I'd agree with the rest. Kenney talked about high property taxes on Monday, especially corporate. It's really all about education to me. I don't want to leave the city, but I am going to be forced to if we ever decide to have kids.
    Hear you on the gay community, and part of that is his connection with Mark Segal.

I just think Murray-Bailey is a complete 180 from the standard quo, and Kenney is ostensibly is Old Philly disguised in New Philly clothing.

Unions had a time and place. That time and place are far gone.

And that's what I fear. People need to speak up, vote, get involved, and then maybe something will change. If not we all move out of the city and leave it to shit.

Had my first civic association meeting last week, happy hour tomorrow night. Any way I can be involved going forward I will be, what with the squeaky wheel getting the oil and what not.

I even signed up to get a rain barrel and rain garden installed. This is what I do with my time now. Weird.
    as long as people blindly vote the same party in year after year after decade after decade nothing significant is gonna change.
    www.myspace.com
    edited October 2015

as long as people blindly vote the same party in year after year after decade after decade nothing significant is gonna change.

This is one part of it. 50 years before it was a streak of Dem's it was a streak of Republican. Party affiliation should really mean dick at this point at the local/city/municipal level.

The other part is no one votes except for the shitty old people complaining about parking...
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/mayor/data/Graphic_Voter_turnout_by_age_group.html

If you want change ya gotta vote.
    When Baseball America ranked the top 20 players in each minor league, no team in MLB had more of its players appear on those lists than the Phillies.

http://www.thegoodphight.com/2015/10/15/9538657/summarizing-bas-league-top-20-lists
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    your boy Cole deserved better.

that said, fuck chase and jimmy.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

When Baseball America ranked the top 20 players in each minor league, no team in MLB had more of its players appear on those lists than the Phillies.

http://www.thegoodphight.com/2015/10/15/9538657/summarizing-bas-league-top-20-lists

Some scary teams at the top of that list