PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Beat it Rube
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    About time.

Was in my car coming back from a client in north jersey today and wanted to listen to philly sports radio to see what they had to say. Put on Josh Innes (spelling?). Holy fuck he is the absolute worst. And this spike eskin fellow I assume is the spawn of that awful Burger King looking jackass?

About time.

Was in my car coming back from a client in north jersey today and wanted to listen to philly sports radio to see what they had to say. Put on Josh Innes (spelling?). Holy fuck he is the absolute worst. And this spike eskin fellow I assume is the spawn of that awful Burger King looking jackass?

Beyond brutal
    www.myspace.com

About time.

Beyond brutal
    It's almost like he is a character that is playing a radio host that is everything that is wrong with sports talk radio.

About time.

Beyond brutal
    It's almost like he is a character that is playing a radio host that is everything that is wrong with sports talk radio.
    Words can't express how awful that turd is in every way possible.

www.myspace.com
    Tried to get a ticket to see the pope speak at independence hall. Thought it would be a cool thing to see. Tickets were gone immediately. Looking forward to that weekend though. Hope philly represents well
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Not quite Granite Run MAll, but this is better and closer to me :smile:
    We found our MALL, y'all! This January, the @extonsquaremall in Exton, PA will star in #Mallrats 2! @jayandsilentbob are coming to Chester County! Big thanks to financiers StarStream, who found the mall & the money! They're making this #MR2 dream come true!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    YAY, no more Amaro!! :smiley:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    I can remember when you guys all thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

I can remember when you guys all thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Not quite
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

Not quite Granite Run MAll, but this is better and closer to me :smile:
    We found our MALL, y'all! This January, the @extonsquaremall in Exton, PA will star in #Mallrats 2! @jayandsilentbob are coming to Chester County! Big thanks to financiers StarStream, who found the mall & the money! They're making this #MR2 dream come true!

nice although the setup of that mall is kind of retarded. it's like upstairs is not the same as downstairs. it's just weird.

About time.

Sports talking radio was a good idea when it started but it's just horrible these days. i can't tell you the last time i even tried to listen to any of them. Mike and Mad Dog back in the day wasn't bad. Missinelli had his moments too.
  • Hooooooly shit. Just back from a couple weeks out on the High Sierra Trail. What a fucking beautiful place.

Hooooooly shit. Just back from a couple weeks out on the High Sierra Trail. What a fucking beautiful place.

You made it out alive, I take it. Good time?
  • Hooooooly shit. Just back from a couple weeks out on the High Sierra Trail. What a fucking beautiful place.

You made it out alive, I take it. Good time?
    Amazing. Definitely will do it again down the line...

Trying to post a pic or two, but me not read too good.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

imalive said:

Not quite
    maybe the fixer was not on board.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    you guys see middleton's son call papelbon a moron? hahaha

this new phils era might be entertaining
    www.myspace.com
    without Franco and Howard in the lineup and Andres Blanco hitting 4th is this the worst lineup the Phils have put out there in our lifetimes? my god what a shit show. Makes you appreciate Ryan's career a bit more to see the shit show they are putting out there these days doesn't it?

Wouldn't it be funny if the Mets blew a huge lead in the division again? don't see it happening but would be funny as hell
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

Hooooooly shit. Just back from a couple weeks out on the High Sierra Trail. What a fucking beautiful place.

Isn't there a big fire in that area?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin said:

Yeah, the Rough Fire is about 30-40 miles north. Which is crazy, because when we summit'ed Mt. Whitney to watch sunrise we thought the cloudy stuff at the bottom was mist/clouds....nnnnnope all smoke billowing in from a fire....40 miles away. Pretty crazy shit.

I think it's at 90k acres now, possibly over 100, and only like 25% contained. The entire state felt like it could go up in a spark.
    pjhawks said:

without Franco and Howard in the lineup and Andres Blanco hitting 4th is this the worst lineup the Phils have put out there in our lifetimes? my god what a shit show. Makes you appreciate Ryan's career a bit more to see the shit show they are putting out there these days doesn't it?

Wouldn't it be funny if the Mets blew a huge lead in the division again? don't see it happening but would be funny as hell

I wish the Reading series was on tv somewhere. I'd rather watch those young bucks at this point...
    www.myspace.com
    Only 9 losses away from 100. image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited September 2015

pjhawks said:

Bill Baer might as well be on the Phils payroll? Ha. Talk about laughable. Is Keith Law on it to now? No reason even reading the rest of that novel of a post. You know as well as I do that Baer was one of Amaro's loudest and staunchest critics. You've copied and pasted articles from his site multiple times here over the years.

I guess you're having a tough time coming to terms knowing that all your "go to" websites have come around and admitted this team has done a pretty good job restocking over the last year or so.

Bill Baer might as well be on the Phils payroll? Ha. Talk about laughable. Is Keith Law on it to now? No reason even reading the rest of that novel of a post. You know as well as I do that Baer was one of Amaro's loudest and staunchest critics. You've copied and pasted articles from his site multiple times here over the years.

I guess you're having a tough time coming to terms knowing that all your "go to" websites have come around and admitted this team has done a pretty good job restocking over the last year or so.

the dude was incredibly negative during the greatest stretch in franchise history, do you really expect him not to be negative now? besides it's September he needs to figure out who he is cheering for this year. last year this time all of a sudden he was an O's fan. he's probably a Mets fan now.
    just a couple instances of him linking to stories by baer (who he now dislikes apparently) ripping howard:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/2937982#Comment_2937982

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/3293950#Comment_3293950

notice how he's stopped quoting keith law too? a couple years ago he was talking about how law had the phils farm system ranked 27th...but now when they're top 10 rankings mean nothing? i find that unsurprisingly ironic.

sooner or later he's gonna have to come to terms with the fact that almost universally, baseball pundits across all spectrums-- saber supporters like baer and law, to guys like stark and salisbury mostly agree that the phils have done better than expected in the rebuild, despite being a couple years late to the party. time will tell, of course. but it looks like they are further along than most thought they'd be at this point with another top pick coming next june.
    I don't believe in macphail (he is like stefanski...remember how much you loved him -- and how much I despised him? you even stuck up for rod thorne...hahahahahahah)

why do you believe in macphail?

Guys like keith law have continually ripped nick williams, who is arguably the key piece in the hamels haul. Law and BP (BA is mostly irrelevant since Callis left and BP is a pay site so you will never read it) are the best analytic sites around. Law likes the Phils plan more than I do, but he is still highly critical of some of the prospects received.

I will talk baseball with you anytime. I don't respect your baseball opinions. you liked the howard contract. called wigginton a 'solid' move. ripped analytics in general. you don't even give baseball opinions anymore because you know you're up way past your bedtime. keep waiving your macknow pompoms and 'being a die hard fan'.

I have my own sports opinions, which unlike yours, are smart, articulate, and mostly accurate

thanks for playing
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    imalive said:

imalive said:

Not quite
    maybe the fixer was not on board.

hey, I'm just here to educate and eliminate fan stupidity. It's a really fucking hard job being in Philadelphia

JK_Livin said:

Yeah, the Rough Fire is about 30-40 miles north. Which is crazy, because when we summit'ed Mt. Whitney to watch sunrise we thought the cloudy stuff at the bottom was mist/clouds....nnnnnope all smoke billowing in from a fire....40 miles away. Pretty crazy shit.

I think it's at 90k acres now, possibly over 100, and only like 25% contained. The entire state felt like it could go up in a spark.
    dude, this story is underrated. I pay attention to all news, especially domestic stuff and I think it's crazy that this isn't being discussed more. Our president...are we still calling him that (because he is really really bad at his job)? I don't know...you'd think he'd do or say something. I guess he's busy entertaining high school kids with science projects that may be mistaken for bombs.

sad stuff though. I cannot imagine living near that fire knowing if the wind blows a certain way that my house could be an inferno. crazy
    The Fixer said:

JK_Livin said:

dude, this story is underrated. I pay attention to all news, especially domestic stuff and I think it's crazy that this isn't being discussed more. Our president...are we still calling him that (because he is really really bad at his job)? I don't know...you'd think he'd do or say something. I guess he's busy entertaining high school kids with science projects that may be mistaken for bombs.

sad stuff though. I cannot imagine living near that fire knowing if the wind blows a certain way that my house could be an inferno. crazy
    Doe Sarah palin post on this board now?

What is he supposed to say? for the last 2 years one of his biggest initiatives has been climate change, which you know, likely has a pretty big impact on the reason that state is so dry and having one of the worst wild fire seasons it has ever had.
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

the dude was incredibly negative during the greatest stretch in franchise history, do you really expect him not to be negative now? besides it's September he needs to figure out who he is cheering for this year. last year this time all of a sudden he was an O's fan. he's probably a Mets fan now.
    just a couple instances of him linking to stories by baer (who he now dislikes apparently) ripping howard:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/2937982#Comment_2937982

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/3293950#Comment_3293950

notice how he's stopped quoting keith law too? a couple years ago he was talking about how law had the phils farm system ranked 27th...but now when they're top 10 rankings mean nothing? i find that unsurprisingly ironic.

sooner or later he's gonna have to come to terms with the fact that almost universally, baseball pundits across all spectrums-- saber supporters like baer and law, to guys like stark and salisbury mostly agree that the phils have done better than expected in the rebuild, despite being a couple years late to the party. time will tell, of course. but it looks like they are further along than most thought they'd be at this point with another top pick coming next june.
    I don't believe in macphail (he is like stefanski...remember how much you loved him -- and how much I despised him? you even stuck up for rod thorne...hahahahahahah)

why do you believe in macphail?

Guys like keith law have continually ripped nick williams, who is arguably the key piece in the hamels haul. Law and BP (BA is mostly irrelevant since Callis left and BP is a pay site so you will never read it) are the best analytic sites around. Law likes the Phils plan more than I do, but he is still highly critical of some of the prospects received.

I will talk baseball with you anytime. I don't respect your baseball opinions. you liked the howard contract. called wigginton a 'solid' move. ripped analytics in general. you don't even give baseball opinions anymore because you know you're up way past your bedtime. keep waiving your macknow pompoms and 'being a die hard fan'.

I have my own sports opinions, which unlike yours, are smart, articulate, and mostly accurate

thanks for playing
    you can't dispute what i said, so you have nothing to do but lob childish insults...at 3 in the morning.

gotta grow up at some point, man.
    www.myspace.com

The Fixer said:

JK_Livin said:

Doe Sarah palin post on this board now?

What is he supposed to say? for the last 2 years one of his biggest initiatives has been climate change, which you know, likely has a pretty big impact on the reason that state is so dry and having one of the worst wild fire seasons it has ever had.
    guaranteed trump supporter. gotta be.
    www.myspace.com
    Odd:

@Kazuto_Yamazaki: Cole Hamels has tossed at least 6 innings in each of first 8 starts with the Rangers, Last pitcher to do so was Cliff Lee.
    www.myspace.com