PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Annnnd Cliff's got a new follower...
    Hahah. Try to lay low on this thing and mostly cause trouble when I am drunk then end up deleting things hahah
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

I figured cliffy for a guy with hair :lol:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

I figured cliffy for a guy with hair :lol:

Hahah not so much
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Want a chocolate covered pretzel?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,081
    edited July 2015
    Bringing my 10 yr old nephew and his best friend to Marlins-Phillies on Shaturday. A toothless battle w/o Stanton & Gordon. :sleepy:
    At least the boys will have fun trying to get autographs before the game and costing me $50-$60 in food action throughout the game.
    Hoping there will not be drunken aholes in the seats directly around us but that is sort of like hoping for Santa to be real.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953

Bringing my 10 yr old nephew and his best friend to Marlins-Phillies on Shaturday. A toothless battle w/o Stanton & Gordon. :sleepy:
    At least the boys will have fun trying to get autographs before the game and costing me $50-$60 in food action throughout the game.
    Hoping there will not be drunken aholes in the seats directly around us but that is sort of like hoping for Santa to be real.

Due to this comment I hope you are inundated with large balloon knots in all directions.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Aaron Nola will make his major league debut on Tuesday and wear 27.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Bringing my 10 yr old nephew and his best friend to Marlins-Phillies on Shaturday. A toothless battle w/o Stanton & Gordon. :sleepy:

Due to this comment I hope you are inundated with large balloon knots in all directions.
    :lol:
    Thank you kind sir.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    JK_Livin said:

Aaron Nola will make his major league debut on Tuesday and wear 27.

And his offense will generate nothing for him
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

it's a Philly thing.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

it's a Philly thing.

In fairness I have been to plenty of games around the country and I think it is also a USA thing.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

well since the ballpark will be over half empty shouldn't be a problem finding a place where that doesn't occur. and hey at least it's easy getting in and out of the parking lot these days.

imalive said:

it's a Philly thing.

In fairness I have been to plenty of games around the country and I think it is also a USA thing.
    just got back from three games in SF....I was probably the drunk in our section but I totally behaved myself!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

imalive said:

it's a Philly thing.

just got back from three games in SF....I was probably the drunk in our section but I totally behaved myself!

Love that stadium.
    And the gilroy garlic fries. ..holy shit.
    Philly has awesome eats at stadium as well.
    Frenchy with a pinch hit Homer last night....hope we see some shots tonight.
    imalive said:

imalive said:

it's a Philly thing.

I'm sure you behaved
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

congrats Ryan on career home run number 350. that was a blast yesterday.

looks like Francouer is making himself trade bait. guys has proven to be a nice veteran addition. good attitude guy for sure.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    unfortunately this team did not need any veteran additions like him. be awesome to get something for him though.
    www.myspace.com
    HAPPY AARON NOLA DAY!

figures i'm working late tonight and can't watch the only game I've looked forward to this year. doh.

GO PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    Lol
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

HAPPY AARON NOLA DAY!

figures i'm working late tonight and can't watch the only game I've looked forward to this year. doh.

GO PHILS.

i was working late too. Pitched well in the loss apparently.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    so.....your GMs are ruben (who you hate), hinkie (who you think has a plan but doesn't) and chip (who you don't trust). is that about the size of it?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

so.....your GMs are ruben (who you hate), hinkie (who you think has a plan but doesn't) and chip (who you don't trust). is that about the size of it?

Ahhhhh, 95% of this city thinks chip kelly is some combination of Vince Lombardi and Jesus

HAPPY AARON NOLA DAY!

GO PHILS.

Pitched great I thought. Gave up a homer to the opposing pitcher, but gets no help.

Amaro needs to say the kid is great and trade him tomorrow for 2 guys since we'll be stuck with Hamels
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

edited July 2015

imalive said:

Ahhhhh, 95% of this city thinks chip kelly is some combination of Vince Lombardi and Jesus
    Not even close. 1/3 despise him. 1/3 love him. The other 1/3 are giving him the proper amount of time to put his team together. Guess which one I'm in? When he got hired I said this is a 3-4 year project.

Kinda the same ratios with Hinkie actually--these two are easily the most polarizing two guys in this town right now
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

HAPPY AARON NOLA DAY!

GO PHILS.

Pitched great I thought. Gave up a homer to the opposing pitcher, but gets no help.

Amaro needs to say the kid is great and trade him tomorrow for 2 guys since we'll be stuck with Hamels
    Awesome debut.

Hamels rumors heating up...
    www.myspace.com
    edited July 2015
    X Double post
    www.myspace.com

imalive said:

Not even close. 1/3 despise him. 1/3 love him. The other 1/3 are giving him the proper amount of time to put his team together. Guess which one I'm in? When he got hired I said this is a 3-4 year project.

Kinda the same ratios with Hinkie actually--these two are easily the most polarizing two guys in this town right now
    wow retreating from how fantastic you think Chip is already? interesting...

Nola was great. great command and great presence out there. going to be really good

any offense with Cesar Hernandez batting 3rd is going to be pretty bad.

pjhawks said:

imalive said:

wow retreating from how fantastic you think Chip is already? interesting...

Nola was great. great command and great presence out there. going to be really good

any offense with Cesar Hernandez batting 3rd is going to be pretty bad.

Retreating from what? The job he did turning that garbage 4-12 team into a division winner in his first year was remarkable. When he was hired I said it would take 3-4 years to turn that team around. Not sure what you don't understand.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Helluva amount of control, movement by Nola.

Hate to take promise and be down on it, but that dude's elbow looks like it's going to come out of his skin.