Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,785
    Unrelated - just saw the building where Downey's is pulled a demo permit. God. Fucking. Damnit. Just tear everything down while you're at it you sons a bitches.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Unrelated - just saw the building where Downey's is pulled a demo permit. God. Fucking. Damnit. Just tear everything down while you're at it you sons a bitches.
    They're tearing down the entire city, dude.  All going to look the same soon.

Granted Downey's must be a complete disaster in there for no one to take that space in what, over 5 years?  But still...another unique looking structure coming down.
  • Options
    There's a problem when it's cheaper to demo than to reuse. Such a good looking building, especially on that corner.
  • Options
    There's a problem when it's cheaper to demo than to reuse. Such a good looking building, especially on that corner.
    It’s why I love what they did with Abigail vare so much. They may be condos but at least they look like it always has 
  • Options
    It’s why I love what they did with Abigail vare so much. They may be condos but at least they look like it always has 
    True. At the same time I don't think that building could be demoed. It's a giant old ass piece of granite. Plus who knows how much asbestos is hidden inside.

But yeah big fan of what they did there, lest I know plenty of public school advos that hate that it's not a school anymore. Same thing with Bok, too, good work there. Actually, pretty sure the same people bought and developed both.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    True. At the same time I don't think that building could be demoed. It's a giant old ass piece of granite. Plus who knows how much asbestos is hidden inside.

But yeah big fan of what they did there, lest I know plenty of public school advos that hate that it's not a school anymore. Same thing with Bok, too, good work there. Actually, pretty sure the same people bought and developed both.
    haha...this is true.  Would like to see them try to bring that down.

Yeah, man.  Bok is a good example for sure.  That space is incredibly well used for the community as well.  It has bigger development written all over it long term, but yeah. Didn't know it was the same developers though
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Miller time!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    Miller time!
    What a game. 

Son of a bitch....I'm getting sucked the hell back in...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Speaking of HBO and the Sopranos, how much are yous looking forward to this prequel movie? The casting actually looks not that bad. Crazy that his son is playing Young Tony.
  • Options
    Speaking of HBO and the Sopranos, how much are yous looking forward to this prequel movie? The casting actually looks not that bad. Crazy that his son is playing Young Tony.
    I have not been this excited for a movie since Dark Knight came out. I am literally frothing at the mouth right now in anticipation. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I have not been this excited for a movie since Dark Knight came out. I am literally frothing at the mouth right now in anticipation. 
    Haha, aw, man. I hope for your sake you're not let down.
  • Options
    Haha, aw, man. I hope for your sake you're not let down.
    I'm sure I will be. The trailer looks so fucking good. Hopefully it's not all the good parts of the movie. Lol

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Started watching Sopranos episodes again....very stokes for it!
  • Options
    When the hell are they going to give up on Velasquez? Jesus. At best he can be a middle inning reliever.
  • Options
    When the hell are they going to give up on Velasquez? Jesus. At best he can be a middle inning reliever.

yeah. Maybe bring someone up from the minors?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,436

yeah. Maybe bring someone up from the minors?
    Exactly - give someone else a chance.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Holy hell Nola scratched from today's start, along with Bohm and a few others, due to covid. This thing is really going to pull down the veil on everything isn't? Like there will be nothing left to enjoy. My god, to be a multimillionaire to play a child's game and all you have to do is get a fucking shot but you're too much of a fucking dunce with too much privilege. Goddamn idiots.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Ugh. Hope the Sox stay healthy. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Morons
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Are they not vaccinated?  

The NFL is gonna try to make it miserable for the non vaccinated to "force" them to just take the shots and keep the games going, since they can't outright mandate they take them.
  • Options
    Are they not vaccinated?  

The NFL is gonna try to make it miserable for the non vaccinated to "force" them to just take the shots and keep the games going, since they can't outright mandate they take them.
    I think there's some kind of incentive for getting the vax rate on each team to 85%, but the MLB being the MLB and making everything really convoluted I have no idea what that is. I have to think this is an instance where a union is not a good thing, especially a super powerful one.

At any rate, I stand by that MLB players out of the 4 major sports would be the fucking worst to hang out with.
  • Options
    Holy hell Nola scratched from today's start, along with Bohm and a few others, due to covid. This thing is really going to pull down the veil on everything isn't? Like there will be nothing left to enjoy. My god, to be a multimillionaire to play a child's game and all you have to do is get a fucking shot but you're too much of a fucking dunce with too much privilege. Goddamn idiots.

well both players are off to pretty bad starts so not a huge loss, IMO. Least the Phills won the game.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    Teammates gotta be pissed at morons not getting vaccinated.  Start calling these idiots out
  • Options
    "The Phillies are among the few Major League Baseball teams that haven’t reached an 85 percent threshold of vaccinated personnel that triggers fewer health protocols. They are unlikely to reach that mark in 2021, and thus will continue to play at a competitive disadvantage for the remainder of the season." Christ. Almighty.
  • Options
    Jesus. I should've waited till the end of this article to post something, it gets worse:

"Team officials will not divulge how many players aren’t vaccinated. It is a meaningful number, to the point that months ago, the Phillies were certain they would never reach the 85 percent threshold. The clubhouse’s contentious relationship with the vaccine is driven by a handful of influential players who have voiced opposition to it. Some of them have already contracted COVID-19 and consider the antibodies as enough protection, although the CDC recommends people who’ve had the virus still be vaccinated. Other Phillies players have questioned whether injuries they’ve suffered were a result of vaccine side effects."

There's more dumb stuff included, like how multiple players cop their injuries and/or poor play to the vaccine. Gimme a fucking break.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,436
    These guys sure do make it hard to root for them.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Prominent players...injuries...sounds like a certain someone leading the charge
  • Options
    These guys sure do make it hard to root for them.
    Easy. Makes it easy to hate this team. The winning only numbs it. I didn't think I'd even contemplate going to my Sunday games and yelling at the dugout/bullpen that they're a bunch of fucking dipshits, but here we are.
  • Options
    :lol:

Youse guys are fucking funny.

Lots of Philly area/South Jersey talent going in the first few rounds of the MLB draft this year.  Pretty cool to see.

So, is Bryce meant to be the anti-vaxx ring leader?