Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    So at what point, do I allow myself to get sucked back in to this team at all?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,380
    Just casually watching. The bullpen is still a disaster and there's like one starting pitcher who is capable. The offense will go back to slumping.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Just casually watching. The bullpen is still a disaster and there's like one starting pitcher who is capable. The offense will go back to slumping.

The most Philly call and response!  :lol:  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    No one allows the suck. You have no choice, it will happen to all of us again, and again, and again, and again.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Going to see y'all's Phillies at Fenway on Sunday.

Should be a fun day!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Nice to see them actually hitting the ball though. Rhys is on fire. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Also....my family is so weird with Mare.
    My parents, whose taste in movies and tv shows centers mostly around Jennifer Anniston projects, liked it.
    My wife, whose taste in tv shows centers around it being "reality" and if any of the stars is of any relation to a Kardashian, loved it.
    My one brother who couldn't get into Breaking Bad says it is overrated and couldn't get past it not being the "real" Eastown.
    My other brother, who couldn't get into The Wire, is currently watching it but says it is not interesting. 

None of this makes any sense to me.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    My parents, whose taste in movies and tv shows centers mostly around Jennifer Anniston projects, liked it.
    My wife, whose taste in tv shows centers around it being "reality" and if any of the stars is of any relation to a Kardashian, loved it.
    My one brother who couldn't get into Breaking Bad says it is overrated and couldn't get past it not being the "real" Eastown.
    My other brother, who couldn't get into The Wire, is currently watching it but says it is not interesting. 

Still haven't tried out The Wire and it's feeling too late to do it now...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

The hell it is!

I rewatched the whole series last year and want to do it again in the near future. Although it's almost 20 years old, it holds up so well. It's probably the best show ever made. I cannot stress this enough: you are doing yourself and your loved ones a disservice by not watching it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    The Wire is a must.

Juggs, you said one brother didn't like Breaking Bad (Tuco forever!) and the other didn't like The Wire (Omar's coming!)....the thing that makes sense is that Mare was really good so you should expect they would be wrong in their opinions, right?  What stock can you put in the show-opinions of those two?

• Options
    I'd say your brothers have rocks for brains, Juggs.

Also never too late for The Wire. Weird watching how much is centered around pay phones and Nokia cell phones early on though.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    The Wire is a must.

Juggs, you said one brother didn't like Breaking Bad (Tuco forever!) and the other didn't like The Wire (Omar's coming!)....the thing that makes sense is that Mare was really good so you should expect they would be wrong in their opinions, right?  What stock can you put in the show-opinions of those two?

Yeah good point. The one who doesn't like Breaking Bad loves The Sopranos but his taste is usually questionable on movies and tv. And the one who doesn't like The Wire is the one who's opinion I usually value the most out of all of them. I don't know. Just bugs me that they can't get into it. Dummies. 

One thing we all agree on is Succession is the tits and I just saw the new season's trailer yesterday. Looks good. Comes out this Fall. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422

The hell it is!

I rewatched the whole series last year and want to do it again in the near future. Although it's almost 20 years old, it holds up so well. It's probably the best show ever made. I cannot stress this enough: you are doing yourself and your loved ones a disservice by not watching it. 
    I just started watching The Wire. I'm up to about 6 E in S 1 and so far I like it. I had NEVER saw one second of it when it was on.
  • Options
    cutz said:

The hell it is!

I just started watching The Wire. I'm up to about 6 E in S 1 and so far I like it. I had NEVER saw one second of it when it was on.

Buckle up, it gets much better - so if you like it now you are going to love the series.
  • Options
    Cutz I am incredibly jealous of you right now. Give us your reviews as your make your way through!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wire and Succession - noted.

• Options
    Wire and Succession - noted.
    Get with the program Johnny
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    I'd like to watch Succession.  People like it.
  • Options
    My hot takes, especially the latter: Personal season fave for me is season 4. I think season 2 has been getting wayyyy too much love lately (for some reason).
  • Options
    My hot takes, especially the latter: Personal season fave for me is season 4. I think season 2 has been getting wayyyy too much love lately (for some reason).
    Eh, I don't know about that. Everything's not always about race (assuming that is what you mean). To me, the reason why 2 is so good is because they were daring enough to change up their main characters so dramatically and it worked to perfection (would be the musical equivalent of Achtung Baby or No Code maybe). I don't think any other show, that's not a one season type of thing like Fargo, has even attempted it. 

SPOILER*-*-*-

I actually wish we saw more of those characters in subsequent seasons although it was cool how they kept them operating in the shadows and stuff like they would in real life.

But yeah, 4 is my favorite as well...1-4, to me, are almost all on the same level though. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'd like to watch Succession.  People like it.
    Highly recommend. Great combination of thrilling drama and laugh out loud comedy, at times. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Hamsterdam may be my favorite storyline, as whacked as it was.  That was S3 I believe....
    2,3, and 4 were amazing.

• Options
    Eh, I don't know about that. Everything's not always about race (assuming that is what you mean). To me, the reason why 2 is so good is because they were daring enough to change up their main characters so dramatically and it worked to perfection (would be the musical equivalent of Achtung Baby or No Code maybe). I don't think any other show, that's not a one season type of thing like Fargo, has even attempted it. 

SPOILER*-*-*-

I actually wish we saw more of those characters in subsequent seasons although it was cool how they kept them operating in the shadows and stuff like they would in real life.

But yeah, 4 is my favorite as well...1-4, to me, are almost all on the same level though. 

Haha, what? Nah nothing about race. Though, while we're at it - 9 out of 10 times it is indeed about race. But, anyway, regardless, all the stevedore/longshoremen casting was great. The guy who plays Frank Sobotka is great.

SPOILER RUINER AHEAD: Other than that, it was just not great. Especially the way it concludes, more than anything the way it concludes. 

Seems like the season gets a lot of love for somehow being "underrated" which I do not think is the case. It's properly rated, just ahead of season 5. I go 4, 1, 3, 2, 5.

But I'll consume any of Simon's shit. It's all so good 
  • Options
    First time I watched it I hated 2 and gave up. Next time I loved it. Ziggy sucks 
  • Options
    Hamsterdam may be my favorite storyline, as whacked as it was.  That was S3 I believe....
    2,3, and 4 were amazing.

And now there’s a real life hamsterdam in philly…
  • Options
    2,3, and 4 were amazing.

And now there’s a real life hamsterdam in philly…
    You should see the area right outside my wife's work. It's in Norristown and there are people shooting up literally right outside her window. They've called the cops. The people scatter. The cops leave. The people are right back in the same spot. It's crazy
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    How sad....
  • Options
    God damn, man.  That is brutal. Not sure how I'd deal with that being right out my window.

K&A is literally Hamsterdam.  They shut down the Septa station even.

The messed up part is that there is literally no help for these people.  Without a ton of money, there's nothing worthwhile that will get you out of it.

• Options
    There was at the very least an SIS planned to go in there but people have lizard brain and politicians get in the way, so on we go with the hellscape.