Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Fuck the DH.....but clearly that played a role in this decision .
    If it wasn't for the DH, you wouldn't have your guy so you can't say fuck it when you've been slurping him for a 3 months
    I'm confused by this. Why would the DH have played a role in him coming to an NL team? I just assumed that if the DH was a factor, then you'd want to go to the AL team so when you can't play the field anymore, you can still bat. Or is this rumored switch to the entire MLB having the DH definitely happening?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    If it wasn't for the DH, you wouldn't have your guy so you can't say fuck it when you've been slurping him for a 3 months
    I'm confused by this. Why would the DH have played a role in him coming to an NL team? I just assumed that if the DH was a factor, then you'd want to go to the AL team so when you can't play the field anymore, you can still bat. Or is this rumored switch to the entire MLB having the DH definitely happening?
    Yeah, the DH is definitely coming to the NL in the next CBA, and no shot they sign a 13 year contract not knowing that.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    13 years?  wow thats kind of nuts. Bring it Bryce.  let's get's Middleton his fucking trophy back.

let's hope cigar money still has enough for Trout after 2020 as well :)
    Congrats Phillies.

No Way you get Trout next year.
  • Options
    Yeah, the DH is definitely coming to the NL in the next CBA, and no shot they sign a 13 year contract not knowing that.
    That's good to hear. Hopefully it shortens games. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    pjhawks said:
    13 years?  wow thats kind of nuts. Bring it Bryce.  let's get's Middleton his fucking trophy back.

Congrats Phillies.

big local guy, wife local, Eagles season ticket holder and when asked by Angels media a week or two ago he didn't dismiss that he might end up here.  i think it's 50/50 he stays with Angels or comes here.  i don't see him playing elsewhere...but it's damn fun to imagine.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Congrats Phillies.

big local guy, wife local, Eagles season ticket holder and when asked by Angels media a week or two ago he didn't dismiss that he might end up here.  i think it's 50/50 he stays with Angels or comes here.  i don't see him playing elsewhere...but it's damn fun to imagine.
    It may also depend on where the Phillies are at, and where the Angels are at, when his contract comes up. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    13 years, 350M, and no opt outs
    MLB.com says it's "only" 330 million.

Either way, this is starting to look like a ballclub again. 
    I wonder if the 13 yrs is a mistake...its "only" 25.38Mil per yr at 13 and 330M, would seem like 10 yrs and 330M would be more likely.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Congrats Phillies.

He just said his favorite player growing up was Derek Jeter, so he is definitely going to the Marlins.  IT IS ABOUT THE MONEY
  • Options
    The AAV of this is great.  It's gonna hurt at the end, but helps out the luxury tax.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    The AAV of this is great.  It's gonna hurt at the end, but helps out the luxury tax.
    This is all I care about. Having Bryce Harper at $25M/year for luxury tax purposes? Plenty of room to stay aggressive.
  • Options
    This is all I care about. Having Bryce Harper at $25M/year for luxury tax purposes? Plenty of room to stay aggressive.
    We'll be 50ish and our daughters will be pushing high school when this ends.  Incredible.

I don't hate the deal by any stretch.  I mean they are going to fucking hate each other at the end, but the $25ml AAV is as good as it gets.
  • Options
    We'll be 50ish and our daughters will be pushing high school when this ends.  Incredible.

I don't hate the deal by any stretch.  I mean they are going to fucking hate each other at the end, but the $25ml AAV is as good as it gets.
    Basically, the Comcast/NBCSN RSN deal is in place to pay Bryce Harper before they even do anything else.

Everything hurts now, I can't imagine 50. I will also take this Harper Time to announce that I might have multiple daughters to be worrying about...
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,900
    13 years, 350M, and no opt outs

13 years?! I guess they really didn't want him to have an opt out...
    Yeah i was surprised to hear the 13 year and no opt clause.  Actually heard it on my way home from work on WMMR: :lol:

Hoping they sign Keuchel next and we will be good to go this year.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628

Basically, the Comcast/NBCSN RSN deal is in place to pay Bryce Harper before they even do anything else.

Everything hurts now, I can't imagine 50. I will also take this Harper Time to announce that I might have multiple daughters to be worrying about...
    Yes!
    That is cool news!
    I have been running (or trying) this month and it is not my cardio, but my old man fucking knees.  Also, I am 45 shortly so will be 58-sih, and just about dead.  ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    I will say "Fuck the DH" for ALL OF ETERNITY and you will like it.

But--yeah, obviously I know that....hence the post you're replying to. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Congrats Phillies.

There absolutely is a way we get Trout next year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Congrats Phillies.

I don't think he leaves LA, but I wouldn't rule it out, haha...

And isn't it 2021?
  • Options

Yes!
    That is cool news!
    I have been running (or trying) this month and it is not my cardio, but my old man fucking knees.  Also, I am 45 shortly so will be 58-sih, and just about dead.  ;)
    Ya know when you cross your legs? Just something like this? 

Image result for guy crossing legs

I can't do that anymore. It fucking killllllls.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Congrats Phillies.

And isn't it 2021?
    I thought it was 2020  but could be wrong

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Congrats Phillies.

Stop it.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Congrats Phillies.

And isn't it 2021?

Yeah his contract's up after 2020, possible new team in 2021.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,772
    ^what he said
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Congrats Phillies.

And isn't it 2021?

Yeah his contract's up after 2020, possible new team in 2021.
    I opened this can with my 1st post but we are getting ahead of ourselves a bit.  either way I can't see the Angels letting him walk for nothing.  so traded in off season or at deadline in 2020. I think they said they were trying to open talks already to re-sign him.  

Nice to have a baseball season to look forward to again.  going to be an interesting team.
  • Options
    oh and I hope they don't give Harper Hallday's #34
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    YEAH BABY!!!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,900
    pjhawks said:
    oh and I hope they don't give Harper Hallday's #34
    oooh that's a good point, Wonder what number he'll take?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

AHHH FUCK!  Congrats, brother.  How have our daugthers not met yet when we live a mile from each other?!  Congrats though.  All the best to you and the bride.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    He is #34, I suspect he will want and get the same number.

If Roy was still alive it would be Harper's, right?

• Options

Yes!
    That is cool news!
    Ya know when you cross your legs? Just something like this? 

Image result for guy crossing legs

I can't do that anymore. It fucking killllllls.
    Sorry to hear it!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    He is #34, I suspect he will want and get the same number.

If Roy was still alive it would be Harper's, right?

Correct. And please, Doc was here for four seasons. Just because the guy's dead doesn't mean no one ever wears 34 again. Plus, this guy is going to get whatever he wants.

WITH THAT SAID - I think he wears 7.