PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Yes, ZAMA is top notch for Philly sushi. 3 hours, many drinks, few bottles of sake, many rounds of ordering sashimi....the bill was pretty hefty for 4 of us.
    Mission is OK, my wife loves the drinks there.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Yes, ZAMA is top notch for Philly sushi. 3 hours, many drinks, few bottles of sake, many rounds of ordering sashimi....the bill was pretty hefty for 4 of us.
    Mission is OK, my wife loves the drinks there.

Nice. That's awesome. My office is block away so whenever we have reps take us out, it's often Zama...it does add up.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    edited October 2016

Mrs FMe and I met some friends @ ZAMA last night for a nice sushi/sake extravaganza. Went in at 7...walked through the park on the way to ZAMA from the train. Noted how many fucking derelicts were out with the warmer weather.
    Came out of the restaurant at 10:00 and saw Action News trucks at the end of 19th/on the park. Asked someone what happened and they told us. Pretty crazy.
    philly.com/philly/news/20161019_Man_shot_trying_to_stop_a_stickup_in_Rittenhouse_Square.html
    (Went to Mission Taqueria for a few tasty tequila drinks after.)
    Good night out in Philly but the animals are taking this place over.

For one, Zama is awesome. Gotta get to Mission

I saw this last night on Twitter. Pretty crazy. Nothing ever happens in Rittenhouse. Also my hood had SWAT all over it last night. Watched for about a half hour. Was boring...

http://6abc.com/news/man-surrenders-to-police-in-south-philadelphia-barricade/1561526/

Center City is fine. If anything they are just clearing it out like NY did with midtown and sending the problems elsewhere. Was just in Kenzington this morning...now good god on that...
    Haha, so that's what that chopper was for? I thought the Flyers were home or there was a concert or something.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    edited October 2016

Mrs FMe and I met some friends @ ZAMA last night for a nice sushi/sake extravaganza. Went in at 7...walked through the park on the way to ZAMA from the train. Noted how many fucking derelicts were out with the warmer weather.
    Came out of the restaurant at 10:00 and saw Action News trucks at the end of 19th/on the park. Asked someone what happened and they told us. Pretty crazy.
    philly.com/philly/news/20161019_Man_shot_trying_to_stop_a_stickup_in_Rittenhouse_Square.html
    (Went to Mission Taqueria for a few tasty tequila drinks after.)
    Good night out in Philly but the animals are taking this place over.

For one, Zama is awesome. Gotta get to Mission

I saw this last night on Twitter. Pretty crazy. Nothing ever happens in Rittenhouse. Also my hood had SWAT all over it last night. Watched for about a half hour. Was boring...

http://6abc.com/news/man-surrenders-to-police-in-south-philadelphia-barricade/1561526/

Center City is fine. If anything they are just clearing it out like NY did with midtown and sending the problems elsewhere. Was just in Kenzington this morning...now good god on that...
    Haha, so that's what that chopper was for? I thought the Flyers were home or there was a concert or something.
    Yeah, dude. There were a few choppers. It was rather boring though, which I guess is a good thing. I was ready for excitement.
  • So, anyone else think that maybe Howard will end up in Boston as their DH now that Ortiz has retired...?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    F'me took me to Zama and it was top fucking notch. F'me and cliffy are top notch, too. juggler avoided me :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • That's only because we told him what you were like in person, Wob. (Jk, I had a blast with you in Philly...all three nights)

Howard would be a good fit in Boston.

Wobbie said:

F'me took me to Zama and it was top fucking notch. F'me and cliffy are top notch, too. juggler avoided me :angry:

You don't strike me as a sushi guy. Regardless, good times...
    Yo, ya bastards, anyone know if Liacouras Center sells booze for concerts or non NCAA sporting events? I had a suite once for a Temple game and we had beer but that may have been just because it was through people who work there...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

Yo, ya bastards, anyone know if Liacouras Center sells booze for concerts or non NCAA sporting events? I had a suite once for a Temple game and we had beer but that may have been just because it was through people who work there...

saw the Counting Crows there and have seen a bunch of Temple BBall games and they have always sold beer for those events.
    pjhawks said:

saw the Counting Crows there and have seen a bunch of Temple BBall games and they have always sold beer for those events.
    Nice. Thanks. Good stuff.
  • Wobbie said:

He did well eating stuff he had never seen/eaten/heard of before.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

Wobbie said:

love me some sushi! the wife doesn't like it (or doesn't think she likes it), so it's not often an option.

so bored I'm watching temple football. go owls!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Question for the Center City guys....sports bar / pub / good places in Center City to watch Thursday night football in a relatively relaxed atmosphere?
    When I go out there I am typically with my wife so it is dinner drinking and then a spot or two after -- most certainly not a sports bar. I know some dive bars as well but not a place with at least a handful of TVs. Serving good food would be a bonus.
    Can Yelp but thought "Help?" was a better request here.
    Thanks!
  • Oh, and I think my buddy is staying at Marriott downtown so proximity would be another bonus. (For next week prior to ToTD fun the following night.)

Question for the Center City guys....sports bar / pub / good places in Center City to watch Thursday night football in a relatively relaxed atmosphere?
    When I go out there I am typically with my wife so it is dinner drinking and then a spot or two after -- most certainly not a sports bar. I know some dive bars as well but not a place with at least a handful of TVs. Serving good food would be a bonus.
    Can Yelp but thought "Help?" was a better request here.
    Thanks!

If you can get a spot at the bar at Good Dog, that's pretty perfect.

As for "sports bar" I'd go O'Neal's at 3rd & South.

I don't know what's your limits on Center City, so I either freeze and immediately think of a small handful of places or way too many.

If you're looking for a DEAD place with a bunch of TV's, good food, then SouthHouse, but that's more in deep South Philly.

If I'm going somewhere near me then I'm going POPE or Fountain Porter.
  • Thanks for those, will look them up!
    edited October 2016

Thanks for those, will look them up!

Bru is a good spot that is right near you.

Smiths over in rittenhouse isn't bad either

Also, went to mission the other day. Not a bad spot. Can't believe how much they changed that space

Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Thanks for those, will look them up!

Also, went to mission the other day. Not a bad spot. Can't believe how much they changed that space

Cool, thanks! I didnt eat @ Mission since we just had sushi but the eats didn't look bad.

Thanks for those, will look them up!

Cool, thanks! I didnt eat @ Mission since we just had sushi but the eats didn't look bad.
    Yeah I didn't eat either. Got drinks there before deo friscos. I definitely want to get food there though
  • Del Friscos, tough to go wrong with Martini & Classic Caesar then Porterhouse or Bone In Strip steak. That place is kicking.

Del Friscos, tough to go wrong with Martini & Classic Caesar then Porterhouse or Bone In Strip steak. That place is kicking.

Dude, I love del friscos but it was extremely disappointing. Pretty sure they grew the grapes our bottles of wine took so long to come out. The oysters were average at best and were sitting and a bit dried up. Steaks took a good half hour plus after appetizers and were overcooked. Was very disappointing. Sales reps took us out so glad I wasn't paying.
  • You should send them a note. I was at Flemings a while back and had the same experience and they totally fucked my steak on top of the waiting. Gave me $50 off next visit and free Dessert for my wife.
    I never complain at restaurants but the waiter could see I was pissed and had his GM come over to talk to me. (Drawback for them on being slow? 2-3 martinis for me, becomes pretty obvious if I am happy or not.)
    Anyway, I bet they would tell you they just had a bad night and entice you to visit them again soon.
    edited October 2016
    This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. There are a bunch of planes flying in circles around Philly. Have gone directly by my office a good dozen times over the past 90 minutes. They all have a banner trailing the plane

"Black Americans For Trump"

"Asian Americans Vote For Trump"

"Women Vote For Trump"

"Hispanics Vote For Trump"

Edit: Made out one of the others "Bring jobs home. vote for Trump"

and a whole bunch more that I can't make out. Incredible.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • I have so many comments that are either 'not nice' or 'just fucking awful' that come to mind.
    Will leave it with - What about White Men?
    (And yes, said totally in jest.)
    Man, I cannot wait for this shit to be over and Trump gone from the spotlight. Know it is going to get ugly and take some time but am so sick of it.

I have so many comments that are either 'not nice' or 'just fucking awful' that come to mind.
    Will leave it with - What about White Men?
    (And yes, said totally in jest.)
    Man, I cannot wait for this shit to be over and Trump gone from the spotlight. Know it is going to get ugly and take some time but am so sick of it.

hahah, there is not one of them...go figure.

This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. There are a bunch of planes flying in circles around Philly. Have gone directly by my office a good dozen times over the past 90 minutes. They all have a banner trailing the plane

"Black Americans For Trump"

"Asian Americans Vote For Trump"

"Women Vote For Trump"

"Hispanics Vote For Trump"

Edit: Made out one of the others "Bring jobs home. vote for Trump"

and a whole bunch more that I can't make out. Incredible.

They are getting desperate. ALSO - watch those voting booths!...You know....look out for....you know what I'm talking about.
  • I'm still looking for any TOTD tickets for Saturday Philly show... Please let me know if you hear of any.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA