Options

Pearl Jam limited edition chrome Pono Player

Comments

• Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    3 Left...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    3 left!!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Just can't be an Early Adopter on this one. Kinda like the days of paying $1000 for a DVD player.
  • Options
    2 Left...
  • Options
    One more left...
  • Options
    Sold Out....
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,285
    500 backers All gone!

ARTIST SIGNATURE SERIES: PEARL JAM – Limited Edition Artist PonoPlayer in Chrome.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited March 2014

500 backers All gone!

ARTIST SIGNATURE SERIES: PEARL JAM – Limited Edition Artist PonoPlayer in Chrome.

I know :( I submitted my credit card details etc when there were 7 left and by the time I had finished...they were all gone :(

• Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    ALL GONE!!!
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    What's left for Lenny Kravitz fans?
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355

500 backers All gone!

I know :( I submitted my credit card details etc when there were 7 left and by the time I had finished...they were all gone :(

That sucks, Tash.
    :(
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    i missed out .....so much for sleeping on it
    ajb
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Thank goodness...saved $400. Now to keep on the lookout for promos leading up to the release of these things
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    edited March 2014
    So last night I look over at my nightstand and think dang, near the same size too...

Sleep Number Remote
    Post edited by fanofzs on
  • Options
    What the first one on Lost Dogs going to go for? $1,500?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,212
    the webpage currently lists 1 pj pono left...
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,212
    and of course now it's gone.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    im glad time is up. Was very tempting.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    You guys be crazy. $400+ on something that you don't know what it's gonna look like it but it's ok cos it says Pearl Jam on it?!!?

A serious case of people with more money than common sense!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SP96445SP96445 Posts: 214
    Count me as a fellow kool-aid drinker. Excited about the possibilities especially in the car!
    Was lucky enough to be able to snag a Portland poster and PJ PONO this week
    Fool and his money? Maybe, but I have no buyers remorse
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,468
    edited March 2014
    E
    boyo79 said:

You guys be crazy. $400+ on something that you don't know what it's gonna look like it but it's ok cos it says Pearl Jam on it?!!?

Why? The retail version has a "stated" price of 399 dollars. So 400 for a limited PJ version (you can see how the chrome looks on the bottom of the page) with two albums - whats so weird about buying that?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

E

boyo79 said:

Why? The retail version has a "stated" price of 399 dollars. So 400 for a limited PJ version (you can see how the chrome looks on the bottom of the page) with two albums - whats so weird about buying that?
    I see both sides...if this thing takes off, not a bad $400 spent. If this thing goes the way of the Zune...uh oh
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,748
    Project Update #1: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
    Posted by the PonoMusic Team Black heart (cards) Like

Dearest backers,

We are absolutely thrilled and overwhelmed by the amount of LOVE we have received from AROUND THE WORLD in just the past 24 hours. It's incredible. Your donations show that PonoMusic should exist... You have officially joined our movement to keep the heart of music beating.

On our end, we are continuing to spread the PonoMusic word. We were at SXSW yesterday unveiling the product and are continuing to spread the word today in Austin. If you could not make it to Neil's talk at SXSW, you can listen to it here on NPR. We also included a photo below of (most of) the team--can you tell how happy we all are to be here?!

Some other announcements:

Please know that we are working very hard to answer your each of your questions personally, as quickly as we can. (A note: if you scroll down to the bottom of the campaign page, there is a huge FAQ section too!)

We also added two more offerings to the Artist Signature Series--James Taylor and My Morning Jacket! More to come so stay involved and stay tuned...

Thanks again... We feel so blessed.

Stay righteous,

the PonoMusic Team
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,015
    edited March 2014
    Lucky I pulled the trigger in the 400s because if I slept on it aussie hours I would have woken to an unhappy world today. :D
    Yes I also don't know what pono is but it may just stay in the box.
    @ Paul d - if u want a new home for the ipod u know who to call :)
    Post edited by Release EV on
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 862
    Wow, Pearl Jam fans snatched those up in a hurry. Once again I miss out. Probably for the best though- I want to see how this plays out. On the plus side, it could be "like vinyl in the car". I would be into that, especially since my car has an audiophile grade sound system that never gets to play anything audiophile grade. On the down side, I really don't want to be buying every song/album this many times over. Hmmm.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options
    october22 said:

Fuck.

I really want this. I remember seeing NY talk about it on Letterman and have been interested since. One problem is that I really should not be spending $300-$400 on anything right now, let alone something I really don't "need".

Also, I'm wresting with the whole "new format" thing. I love vinyl. That's where I spend my money on albums that I know are worth it. Am I now going to have decide between vinyl and Pono? Pono music looks to be very expensive (between 20-25 bucks an album). No way I'm spending $50 on average to have both the vinyl and digital format of a record. That leaves me in most cases to have to choose between the two and I just can't see myself abandoning physical for digital (no matter how good the digital may be).

Of course, I could take all my cd's and dump them on there, which would certainly be an improvement to the mp3 files I now have of them (though still lower quality than Pono versions) but I lost all my cd's in fucking Hurricane asshole Sandy. This can be solved by annoying the fuck out of my friends and going around to their houses to try to borrow cd's and reestablish my collection but it still doesn't solve the above problem of future buying.

Anyone else wrestling with this?

Yeah, I'm wrestling with it. I think that for vinyl collectors, a good alternative might be to learn how to do high quality needle-drops at a high bit-rate and play those in the car. I want to learn how to do that. I'm just getting into vinyl, and I can't see myself trading it for Pono, and I can't see myself financing both habits.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, I'm wrestling with it. I think that for vinyl collectors, a good alternative might be to learn how to do high quality needle-drops at a high bit-rate and play those in the car. I want to learn how to do that. ____________This is exactly what you could/should do with PONO. :D
  • Options
    BF89905 said:

There's something off to me that multi-millionaires turn to Kickstarter to help fund a project of theirs......

No doubt.
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    I bought the CSN&Y version yesterday thinking it would be best to get one with Uncle Neil's signature on it since this is his baby. I also imagined it would be 5 very small engraved signatures for PJ. Granted I went with 4 signatures, but 5 seemed like it would be too small. Either way I don't think CSN&Y or PJ is a bad choice.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    davidos said:

Do these come with headphones? If not what are some good ones to take advantage of the audio quality?

Entry level audiophile = around $300+. Sennheiser is a good place to start. Mine are HD 650s. Or you could go the nuts path and get Stax Electrostatics. Seriously, check those out:

http://kenrockwell.com/audio/stax/sr-lambda-pro.htm