Options

Pearl Jam limited edition chrome Pono Player

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,697
    am I the only idiot that has bought this thing with zero intention of using it?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
    edited March 2014
    pdalowsky said:

Did you ever use that inferior Pearl Jam iPod item? If not then no. Not an idiot.
    Many of us are collectors & will probably not open this one.
    So you know, we can always buy 2 & open one of them. ;)
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    demetrios said:

pdalowsky said:

Did you ever use that inferior Pearl Jam iPod item? If not then no. Not an idiot.
    Many of us are collectors & will probably not open this one.
    So you know, we can always buy 2 & open one of them. ;)
    use the ipod???

absolutely not!!! LOL
  • Options
    okblueduckokblueduck Posts: 427
    I couldn't help myself - I signed up for the Pearl Jam edition Pono player.

I've been wanting something that could play FLACs so this will be perfect.

When they say that it is signed by Pearl Jam - do you think someone will just sign generically "Pearl Jam" on it - or will we get the signatures of Eddie, Mike, Stone, Matt and Jeff all on it?
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • Options

I couldn't help myself - I signed up for the Pearl Jam edition Pono player.

I've been wanting something that could play FLACs so this will be perfect.

When they say that it is signed by Pearl Jam - do you think someone will just sign generically "Pearl Jam" on it - or will we get the signatures of Eddie, Mike, Stone, Matt and Jeff all on it?

good question, I wonder if anyone has asked them this? I would expect it to be signed by the 5 members?
  • Options
    okblueduckokblueduck Posts: 427
    I really hope its all the individual signatures!

Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Love how this has just taken off! Relieved that there doesn't seem to be any spring tour dates planned, now I can save up for the (hopefully) fall dates! Or I should say try to save! :)
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I read it as saying "Pearl Jam" on it and not 5 sigs...we'll see and yet to pull the trigger so, you'll see
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    Going, going......
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    they are at double their goal in 24hrs. amazing.
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    I've backed kickstarter projects before, but I forget...are you changed when the campaign ends (4/15) or closer to release date?
  • Options
    62 left...
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,439

I've backed kickstarter projects before, but I forget...are you changed when the campaign ends (4/15) or closer to release date?

on 4/15
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,339
    'Sounds like a great idea. I would have bit on the early bird $200 Black Pono player, but I was too late for that. Hopefully everyone is happy with their purchase in the future.

There's something off to me that multi-millionaires turn to Kickstarter to help fund a project of theirs......

Have a nice day
  • Options
    God, I want this more by minute, I'm gonna have pull the trigger on this :D
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    BF89905 said:

There's something off to me that multi-millionaires turn to Kickstarter to help fund a project of theirs......

I dont mind this. They are providing things people generally want in exchange for money, and much of it is "committing" to purchase a 1st run unit.

Just check out Curt Schilling's foray into real world business... this seems like a good, legit idea
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    45 left...
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited March 2014
    Would wearing a PONO music tshirt to a Neil Young Concert fall under Rule #19?
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    Do these come with headphones? If not what are some good ones to take advantage of the audio quality?
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,339
    I dont mind this. They are providing things people generally want in exchange for money, and much of it is "committing" to purchase a 1st run unit.

Just check out Curt Schilling's foray into real world business... this seems like a good, legit idea

I think the idea is great. If the product is as good as the supporters/musicians say it is then there should be no need to have a pre-sale to validate consumer interest. I wouldn't wish financial bankruptcy on anyone, but not too many people are going to feel sympathy for Schilling if he has indeed burned through his $100 million pus career earnings
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited March 2014
    I do not believe so. I like Sennheiser headphones, Grado makes some good cans. Reading Amazon reviews always help me make a good choice. :-B
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Travelar said:

Does anyone know how much storage capacity these have? My MP3 player has 16GB, but its been full for a long time.

The PonoPlayer ships with a total of 128GB. 64GB of memory is built into the player and another 64GB of memory on a removable microSD card. The expansion slot can accept microSD cards of up to 64GB each. Unlike many other portable music players, the microSD cards are designed to be easily swappable. For example, you can build a library of various playlists or genres on different cards and simply swap them in and out, much like you'd swap game cards on a portable gaming console. So in reality you have infinite capacity on the PonoPlayer.

How many songs can it hold? That depends on the quality of your music files:

• CD lossless quality recordings (44.1 kHz/16 bit): About 5000 tracks.
    • High-resolution recordings (48 kHz/24 bit): About 3200 tracks.
    • Higher-resolution recordings (96 kHz/24 bit): About 1600 tracks.
    • Ultra-high resolution recordings (192 kHz/24 bit): About 800 tracks.

This is a LOT of high-resolution music, and we say, “the more the better”. You’ll get hooked on how good this music sounds.

Thank you so much....now its too hard to say NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400

I read it as saying "Pearl Jam" on it and not 5 sigs...we'll see and yet to pull the trigger so, you'll see

I also read it as the words "Pearl Jam" will be engraved in it. I definitely wouldn't expect sigs
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited March 2014
    BF89905 said:

BF89905 said:

I think the idea is great. If the product is as good as the supporters/musicians say it is then there should be no need to have a pre-sale to validate consumer interest. I wouldn't wish financial bankruptcy on anyone, but not too many people are going to feel sympathy for Schilling if he has indeed burned through his $100 million pus career earnings

I dont feel sorry for him at all. Its just an example of an entertainer who "foolishly" jumped in way over his head thinking his skills would easily convert in the business world. (He was also apparently extremely greedy). As a result, it may have cost him everything, and also was pretty shitty for his employees (and the state of Rhode Island).

This Pono is a unique product and would likely serve a niche. Audiophiles.

• Options
    RocketninoRocketnino SLO, CA Posts: 42

I also read it as the words "Pearl Jam" will be engraved in it. I definitely wouldn't expect sigs
    Totally disagree here. Imagine how lame that would look. The words "Pearl Jam" engraved next to the Limited Edition wording? Would make zero sense whatsoever. It's called an artist SIGNATURE edition here, folks.

Plus, this:

• Options
    AB80458 said:

Totally disagree here. Imagine how lame that would look. The words "Pearl Jam" engraved next to the Limited Edition wording? Would make zero sense whatsoever. It's called an artist SIGNATURE edition here, folks.

Plus, this:

Yes, it will be a signature; now how many of the guys is the next question...
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,312
    Neil will be on CNBC sometime during the 4'oclock hour.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    15 left - will be all gone real soon!!
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    RocketninoRocketnino SLO, CA Posts: 42
    Well, consider me a kool aid consumer - eager to see how this thing sounds!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    It'll be an engraved of facsimile...