Malaysia Airlines loses contact with passenger jet

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

polaris_x said:

except nothing really points to the plane crashing ...

we now know that the plane was intentionally diverted and that primary communication devices were turned off ... why would someone do that, fly the plane for another x hours only to crash it when it could have happened a long time ago?

i would say it looks more and more like the plane was stolen

but if the plane was stolen, whoever took over control would have to be pretty proficient in flying a plane of this size, no?
    and didn't the pilot say "goodnight" after the plane made that left turn?
    well ... it could have been one or both of the pilots ... we already know that whoever turned off the communications had a reasonably good knowledge of that ...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

except nothing really points to the plane crashing ...

we now know that the plane was intentionally diverted and that primary communication devices were turned off ... why would someone do that, fly the plane for another x hours only to crash it when it could have happened a long time ago?

i would say it looks more and more like the plane was stolen

but if the plane was stolen, whoever took over control would have to be pretty proficient in flying a plane of this size, no?
    and didn't the pilot say "goodnight" after the plane made that left turn?
    well ... it could have been one or both of the pilots ... we already know that whoever turned off the communications had a reasonably good knowledge of that ...
    Yeah, the pilot seems shady. But also, I don't find it hard to imagine that if someone else took over the plane they are proficient in flying. Or they could simply force the pilots to do it, and maybe they happen to not be brave enough to take a nose dive instead of following orders (or maybe it took them 7 hours to realize they weren't getting out of the situation, and then took a nose dive). And finally, it's not hard to turn a plane. Anyone can do it if they just look up how on the internet. I took flying lessons and I mastered turning in the air in about 5 minutes. The hard part is taking off and landing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    safe to say ... that all options are on the table now ... pretty bizarre story all around ... hopefully for the sake of the families - they will find out something soon ... although i gotta say that i almost rather think they are alive than know that they are dead ...
    polaris_x said:

..... rather think they are alive than know that they are dead ...

Only if they turn up alive eventually.... If they just never turn up at all, that's probably a lot worse than knowing they're dead.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

Only if they turn up alive eventually.... If they just never turn up at all, that's probably a lot worse than knowing they're dead.
    it's not great but i think i'd rather go through not knowing than knowing they are dead ...
    polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

it's not great but i think i'd rather go through not knowing than knowing they are dead ...
    Yikes. Not me. Because if they never show up, the chances of them being alive is maybe 0.000001%. Yet with the hope that they're still alive, moving on with your life would be basically impossible. Zero closure. I think that would ruin lives rather than make them liveable.
    But hey, to each their own!
    PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

Yikes. Not me. Because if they never show up, the chances of them being alive is maybe 0.000001%. Yet with the hope that they're still alive, moving on with your life would be basically impossible. Zero closure. I think that would ruin lives rather than make them liveable.
    closure is overrated ... for me, i wouldn't need it to move on ...
    polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

Fair enough. If it was my husband or child, I would. I'd have a total mental breakdown if I just didn't know one way or the other.
    PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

Fair enough. If it was my husband or child, I would. I'd have a total mental breakdown if I just didn't know one way or the other.
    ya ... can't imagine how you would feel if backseatlover disappeared! :D
    polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

:)) I actually hadn't seem him post for a long time - thought maybe he was gone. Not sure how I got through it! .... Then I saw him post today. ;))
    PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

:)) I actually hadn't seem him post for a long time - thought maybe he was gone. Not sure how I got through it! .... Then I saw him post today. ;))
    see ... take that feeling of pure joy when you saw him posting ... you don't want to deprive yourself with a grief that can't be broken ...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Just read a report that our govt is very nervous about this plane and that they think it's intact and in the hands of a group that will use it as a weapon.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    unsung said:

Just read a report that our govt is very nervous about this plane and that they think it's intact and in the hands of a group that will use it as a weapon.

unsung said:

You did, did you?

Anyway.....hopefully this object off Australia is it. Largest object is supposed to be 79 feet though....hmm
    chinese-happy.jpg
    unsung said:

Oh rilly?
  • jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332
    polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

closure is overrated ... for me, i wouldn't need it to move on .....
    see ... take that feeling of pure joy when you saw him posting ... you don't want to deprive yourself with a grief that can't be broken ...
    so we might get this wedding back on track after all... Never say never...

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

closure is overrated ... for me, i wouldn't need it to move on .....
    so we might get this wedding back on track after all... Never say never...
    ;)
  • DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
    edited March 2014
    Weirdness I have found RE:MH370

Last known coordinates in South China Sea:
    6°55′15N 103°34′43″E

Rolls Royce detects engine pings for at least 5 hours after it goes missing.

None of the explanations for MH370's disappearance stand up to much scrutiny.
    Some of them are down right laughably self-contradicting. For example, this Wired article which starts on about a tire fire, but then seems to need to change up in to a bit about an electrical fire, but then back in to the tire fire, where the pilot who writes the article maintains that the very heavy plane, taking off on a very long run way, on a very hot day, caused the tires to catch on fire at take off (or start smoldering, which turned in to fire) ... he claims the crew flew on, unaware for a time, but then somehow, magically, at the exact MOMENTS when the plane is switching air space, the pilots, still clearly unaware of the fire, say "good night", which the author assures us is just perfectly normal language for switching airspace ... but then, BAM, before they can change over in to Vietnamese airspace (should be a mere SECONDS after leaving Malaysian airspace) ... BAM, everyone is unconscious from a fire, and the plane is now a ghost plane ... THINK ABOUT THE STUPIDITY HERE, folks ...

Brings me to NEXT point:

The plane seems to have disappeared by COLD CALCULATION at essentially the EXACT MOMENT IT CHANGED AIR SPACE ... how **CONVENIENT** ... further, we now know that the flight checkpoint data was manually changed in the navigation system BEFORE contact was loss ... further indicating a deliberate attempt to shake and lose contact with authorities.

NEXT:
    Malaysian\Thai military primary radar picks up an unknown aircraft heading TOWARDS the Straights of Malaca, a COMPLETE REVERSE OF COURSE, now west bound, on the WEST side of Malaysia ...

NEXT:
    Residences of the Maldives report seeing a low-flying plane just over 6 hours after it dissapears, heading South, South East ... initial mainstream media reports even contained the phrase, "heading South, South East, on a course towards DIEGO-GARCIA" ... BUT THIS LANGUAGE WAS LATTER REMOVED FROM THE ARTICLES. Also, this information is IMMEDIATELY DISCOUNTED "by Malasian Authorities" but all articles asserting this GIVE NO REASON OR PROOF THAT THE SIGHTING IS FALSE.

NEXT:
    Two of the five runways found DELETED on the pilot's home simulator are:
    Male International Airport (THE MALDIVES)
    AND
    DIEGO-GARCIA (a US naval base, alleged CIA torture site, where Saddam's weapons were routed from, etc)

NEXT:
    distance from 6°55′15″N 103°34′43″E to Diego Garcia: 3,275 Miles

Speed of 777 appx 575mph
    3,275/575 = FIVE POINT SIX HOURS

you can add in a little longer (call it 6, or 6.5 hours?) if you want to take in to account that it came DOWN from Maldives to Diego-Garcia ... only 647 miles from Maldives to Diego-Garcia:

You got 20 High Level Freescale Employees on the plane headed to Bejing for ???
    Company is owned by CARLYLE GROUP AND BLACKSTONE (seriously?)

And APPARENTLY THE PILOTS FAMILY IS JUST STRAIGHT UP MIA?
    Seriously, questions of the sources authenticity aside, HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING FROM THE GUYS WIFE? No news articles like, "Grieving wife of MH370 Pilot losing hope" or "Wife of Pilot Remains Vigilant, Kids Say They Are Still Holding Out Hope" etc ... NOTHING ... hello ???

???

Some relatives of those on board the flight already known \ suspect clearly what has really happened:

Hunger strike protest,
    Respect life,
    Return my relative,
    Don’t want become victim of politics,
    Tell the truth

Post edited by DriftingByTheStorm on
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 'ended in southern Indian Ocean,' PM says

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-ended-in-southern-indian-ocean-pm-says-1.2584000
    they found wreckage yet?
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited March 2014
    i heard some real crazy talk sunday on the car radio. the family members of the folks missing from this plane mystery are staying in a hotel near some capital building or something. well, in this city they are staying in a car race of some kind, maybe grand prix style race cars, not sure, is underway. anyways, those race car drivers (fucking wow!) & crew & others affiliated with this race need accomodations & so the families of the missing folks from this plane mystery have been asked to take a hike somewhere

im sure the story is online. i'll look later.

i fucking can't stand race cars & i really throughly dislike race car drivers! how about, fuck you
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    dignin said:

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 'ended in southern Indian Ocean,' PM says

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-ended-in-southern-indian-ocean-pm-says-1.2584000

if true, i wonder if anyone will apologize for smearing the two pilots faces and the two iranians faces all over the newspapers and declaring them terrorists.

i'm just not sure the purpose of officially saying the plane crashed in the indian ocean without any evidence to present!??

it's like they want to nip all the speculation by "officially" saying it crashed ... for the past two weeks - the speculation is that it has crashed - it's a question of where ... why come out with such a statement when there is not confirmation of the crash site!?
    polaris_x said:

i'm just not sure the purpose of officially saying the plane crashed in the indian ocean without any evidence to present!??

it's like they want to nip all the speculation by "officially" saying it crashed ... for the past two weeks - the speculation is that it has crashed - it's a question of where ... why come out with such a statement when there is not confirmation of the crash site!?

It does seem like a big risk to come out a say that it has crashed without any physical evidence yet. I can only assume that the new "data" they have is pretty conclusive.

If it has crashed there one can only hope that the waters are not really deep.
    But everyone has cause to be suspicious of this new statement given the BS that has come out in the past.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick said:

i fucking can't stand race cars & i really throughly dislike race car drivers! how about, fuck you

Whoa, whoa.

What's wrong with driving the fuck out of a fast car around a track? Not to mention the person driving said fast car.

I hope this is just misplaced anger.

I did a quick search about this displacement and couldn't find anything on this mess except "race for time".

(and maybe I should re-think giving my fella a race-car-round-the-track birthday gift this year. Hmm!)

As to this announcement, yeah...not too confident in the statement presented. What prompted it?

And...as a heavy-hearted bystander to this mess...nothing but compassion for those who love the lost.

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Maybe there was no plane, maybe this is a hoax being played out by governments of the world to see how they get everyone including the media to follow along like lemmings :)). its no crazier a theory than some of the theories heard in the last 2 weeks.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    lukin2006 said:
    Thanks for the link, lukin. I hope the Ferrari folks will step up and step down.

As to the hoax side of things - wouldn't be so implausible if not for the families of these people going nuts trying to get some answers.

• FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    i definitely dont understand why they announce that the plane crashed in the south indian ocean without having any mre evidence than they did 3 days ago...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7