Malaysia Airlines loses contact with passenger jet

Comments

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Funnily enough my ex boarded the plane to the same place but luckily we checked and his name and it was not on the list so it it was the wrong plane, phew! not meaning to come across mean or anything.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited March 2014
    At this point I think its rather obvious that this plane and 2,436,385 single unmatched socks have slipped into another dimension.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    brianlux said:

At this point I think its rather obvious that this plane and 2,436,385 single unmatched socks have slipped into another dimension.

Yep! at least 3000 of those sock are mine. Black.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    rival. said:

250+ passengers means 250+ cell phones. if the plane was hijacked and landed on a remote airstrip, hidden & tucked away, i find it hard to believe one of those 250 people would not have sent a text message or call to someone. how does a hijacker possibly confiscate 250 cell phones? strip search?

This is my thinking. The flight path must have been adjusted and the transponders turned off without anyone on the flight noticing.

If I was on a hijacked plane then I would have turned on my cell phone and tried to get a signal. Leads me to think that the passangers were oblivious to the change in course.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Byrnzie said:

I wonder if it's possible that the plane could have crashed into the sea and gone straight to the bottom without breaking up on impact? I mean, if it had entered the water at a certain angle then could it have just continued downwardsr?

I think it's more likely that the plane landed on the water safely (like the Miracle on the Hudson plane) and then sank as one piece. I that happened in the middle of the Indian Ocean, we will never find it.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Investigators conclude flight hijacked

http://news.yahoo.com/malaysian-investigators-conclude-flight-hijacked-035744022.html

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/2014/03/14/search-for-lost-malaysian-jet-expanding/1go6A6IeGpudZF6eiC2ISN/story.html

Investigators have concluded that one or more people with significant flying experience hijacked the missing Malaysia Airlines jet, switched off communication devices and steered it off-course, a Malaysian government official involved in the investigation said Saturday.

No motive has been established and no demands have been made known, and it is not yet clear where the plane was taken, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the media. The official said that hijacking was no longer a theory.

‘‘It is conclusive,’’ he said.

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dignin said:

http://news.yahoo.com/malaysian-investigators-conclude-flight-hijacked-035744022.html

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/2014/03/14/search-for-lost-malaysian-jet-expanding/1go6A6IeGpudZF6eiC2ISN/story.html

Investigators have concluded that one or more people with significant flying experience hijacked the missing Malaysia Airlines jet, switched off communication devices and steered it off-course, a Malaysian government official involved in the investigation said Saturday.

No motive has been established and no demands have been made known, and it is not yet clear where the plane was taken, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the media. The official said that hijacking was no longer a theory.

Maybe. But then again, they've been singing a different tune every day since it disappeared. They'll probably be saying something else tomorrow.

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Byrnzie said:

dignin said:

Maybe. But then again, they've been singing a different tune every day since it disappeared. They'll probably be saying something else tomorrow.

Very true, but this is starting to sound a little more legit.

Now they are saying the plane sent a "signal" 7 and a half hours after takeoff. The mystery deepens.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    It's a big plane? Would require large airstrip to land at ... correct? Find it hard to believe that some law enforcement agency doesn't know the local of most. if not all airstrips that this plane could have flown to ... seems strange.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Someone turned off the communication systems..
    They must find this plane soon god damn it!
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Now they are saying plane was in the air for at least 7 hours.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i do believe the oil rig worker is lying or maybe saw a meteorite
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    This is very frustrating. I hate to be a family of the missing at this point.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    still no clue whatsoever ... despite what is considered to be factual - they are nowhere close to finding this plane ...
    may never know where this plane is.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited March 2014
    if the NSA was allowed to spy in Malaysia I'm guessing we'd have found this sucker already. maybe spying isn't such a bad thing? X_X

either way got to think there has been some serious incompetence going on with this. now maybe they knew it flew off course for 7 hours and didn't tell the public but that's pretty ridiculous if it took them a week to determine that. I am so intrigued on what happened. got to be tough on the families of the passengers. I guess it gives them a little hope that they are still alive but even that hope must just be a cruel taunt.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Why the hell are the Maldives only saying NOW that they saw a low flying plane?????
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Loulou said:

Why the hell are the Maldives only saying NOW that they saw a low flying plane?????

Exactly, everything is so weird. Before I thought our planet was beginning to feel small now it feels bigger then ever..
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Annafalk said:

Loulou said:

Exactly, everything is so weird. Before I thought our planet was beginning to feel small now it feels bigger then ever..
    It really does doesn't it? :-/
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    it was taken and safely transported into the second demintion by ailens from the planet E069,all cell phones and the planes communication system were disabled and all passengers are being preped for life in the second demition as servents for the ruler Barecltiums Obawimama,all servents will be paid with hope obawbucks and feed bulshytells which is a staple of the obawiminions and there is pleanty to go around according to sources that ruler Barecltiums has sent .......whaoooooo I'm back now hahhahhahhahhahha.

Godfather.
    Loulou said:

i think this just goes to show that airspace is kind of open out there ... thailand reported the same thing ... saw an unidentified blip and ignored it ...
    Even if eventually debris were to surface and be found I would think that would not be much help, how far would the debris be carried under water before surfacing? It might be a real possibility that the crash site will never be know and this plane will never be found and may just lie on the bottom of the ocean somewhere. Saw some guy interviewed yesterday that's involved in the search that said "it's like looking for a needle in a thousand haystacks".

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    that's a lot of haystacks.

so the pilot deleted info off his flight simulator?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    except nothing really points to the plane crashing ...

we now know that the plane was intentionally diverted and that primary communication devices were turned off ... why would someone do that, fly the plane for another x hours only to crash it when it could have happened a long time ago?

i would say it looks more and more like the plane was stolen
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I'm inclined toward the stolen plane theory as well but then question then is, why?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited March 2014
    polaris_x said:

except nothing really points to the plane crashing ...

we now know that the plane was intentionally diverted and that primary communication devices were turned off ... why would someone do that, fly the plane for another x hours only to crash it when it could have happened a long time ago?

i would say it looks more and more like the plane was stolen

but if the plane was stolen, whoever took over control would have to be pretty proficient in flying a plane of this size, no?
    and didn't the pilot say "goodnight" after the plane made that left turn?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    maybe whoever diverted this plane wanted to make it as difficult as possible to find ... and they are spending a lot of time investigating the pilots of this flight ... and I wonder how many pilots have their own personal flight simulators? As for landing this particular I would think it would need a fairly large runway, I would think any remote airport with a sufficient runway the drug enforcement agencies know about ...

that's a lot of haystacks.

so the pilot deleted info off his flight simulator?

I know ... I wonder what they are not telling people.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    lukin2006 said:

maybe whoever diverted this plane wanted to make it as difficult as possible to find ... and they are spending a lot of time investigating the pilots of this flight ... and I wonder how many pilots have their own personal flight simulators? As for landing this particular I would think it would need a fairly large runway, I would think any remote airport with a sufficient runway the drug enforcement agencies know about ...

If that were true, then the drug smugglers wouldn't be bothering. ;)
    I think it's pretty feasible that, if there are people with money behind this, the plane did manage to land somewhere undetected. I mean, the possibilities are almost endless in the "plane was stolen" scenario..... But the thing that makes it seem somewhat unlikely is that it's hard to imagine why it would have been done considering that no one has made contact about ransom or terrorist threats or anything..... so far, no motive. That's what has me thinking that it was perhaps a hijacking or something, but the plan went awry and the plane crashed anyway.
    Whatever it is, this must be absolute torture for the poor families of the missing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

If that were true, then the drug smugglers wouldn't be bothering. ;)
    I think it's pretty feasible that, if there are people with money behind this, the plane did manage to land somewhere undetected. I mean, the possibilities are almost endless in the "plane was stolen" scenario..... But the thing that makes it seem somewhat unlikely is that it's hard to imagine why it would have been done considering that no one has made contact about ransom or terrorist threats or anything..... so far, no motive. That's what has me thinking that it was perhaps a hijacking or something, but the plan went awry and the plane crashed anyway.
    Whatever it is, this must be absolute torture for the poor families of the missing.
    It seems everyone has their own theory ... my guess it's at the bottom of the Ocean.