Malaysia Airlines loses contact with passenger jet

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    no broads.....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,677
    And definitely no hippies...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    yes and no hippies
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,576

dignin said:

dignin said:

Plane may have been flying for over 4 hours after last contact.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-flight-mh370-hunt-jet-may-have-flown-4-hours-without-contact-1.2570313

Strange stuff.

this is bat shit crazy. gotta be the weirdest story i have seen in years.

Surprise, the story has changed.

"The Wall Street Journal newspaper quoted U.S. investigators on Thursday as saying they suspected the plane remained in the air for about four hours after its last confirmed contact, citing data from the plane's engines that are automatically transmitted to the ground as part of a routine maintenance program.

Hishammuddin said the government had contacted Boeing and Rolls Royce, the engine manufacturer, and both said the last engine data was received at 1:07 a.m. local time, around 23 minutes before the plane lost contact."

this plane landed in pakistan. i'm calling it now.
    I heard on the AM that the plane has been hijacked and flown to a FEMA camp outside of Chicago where the passengers are to be exchanged for Osama Bin Laden who will then be flown to Benghazi and released so that he can unite the warring tribes, conquer Syria and bring on the Third Caliphate. This will force President Obama to not only admit to willingly authorizing but directly participating in Fast & Furious and finally admit that he also personally directed and oversaw the IRS target right wing, and right wing only, political organizations. The resulting political crises caused by impeachment proceedings will result in Putin reconstituting the former Soviet Union and the world slips back into an extended period of Cold War. Sarah Palin predicted it and for her astute global political understanding is rewarded with being elected president of the US of A.

And those supposed contrails that the oil rig worker mentions in his email, those aren’t contrails. They’re the New World Order controlling the weather and modifying our food supply, in this case fishes in the ocean. Heard this on the AM as well.

If its on the AM, it must be true.

Peace.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ^^^ Halifax2TheMax, brilliant! :))
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i also believe the plane did not crash and was hijacked or perhaps the pilots were in on it ... i think it landed in a remote air strip and has been hidden away ... not sure the motive ...

but before people start ridiculing ... i come to this conclusion because of the evidence so far ... what we do know is that the plane lost contact and that a crash is the most likely possibility ... but it's been 5 days now and there has been a massive search involving an extraordinary number of ships, planes, crews, satellites, etc.. and yet no signal from the black box, no wreckage debris ... nothing has been picked up ... not anywhere ... i understand that finding wreckage of this sorts is very difficult but the search has been quite extensive ... so, if the plane DID not crash ... what are the other possibilities ... i would also add that the plane lost contact and that no transmission of distress was issued ... that is also very rare ...
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    that's IT!!!

time to bring in the Hardly boys. i am sure one of them has a raging clue as to where the plane might be....

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    edited March 2014
    250+ passengers means 250+ cell phones. if the plane was hijacked and landed on a remote airstrip, hidden & tucked away, i find it hard to believe one of those 250 people would not have sent a text message or call to someone. how does a hijacker possibly confiscate 250 cell phones? strip search?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Good point, however if its an remote airstrip it's probably going to be difficult to get a signal from there to send a text or call

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dignin said:

"The Wall Street Journal newspaper quoted U.S. investigators on Thursday as saying they suspected the plane remained in the air for about four hours after its last confirmed contact, citing data from the plane's engines that are automatically transmitted to the ground as part of a routine maintenance program.

Hishammuddin said the government had contacted Boeing and Rolls Royce, the engine manufacturer, and both said the last engine data was received at 1:07 a.m. local time, around 23 minutes before the plane lost contact."

And so it goes on...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/13/malaysian-officials-deny-flight-mh370-missing-plane-flew-hours
    Malaysian officials deny claims that missing flight MH370 flew on for hours

Malaysian authorities have said reports that the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 may have flown for an additional four hours beyond its last sighting are inaccurate, and that the final information received from its engines indicated everything was operating normally...

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edited March 2014
    I wonder if it's possible that the plane could have crashed into the sea and gone straight to the bottom without breaking up on impact? I mean, if it had entered the water at a certain angle then could it have just continued downwardsr?
  • Options
    Byrnzie said:

I wonder if it's possible that the plane could have crashed into the sea and gone straight to the bottom without breaking up on impact? I mean, if it had entered the water at a certain angle then could it have just continued downwardsr?

not possible ... you would need a really sharp entry point to break the surface tension ... from that height - it's like hitting pavement ...
  • Options
    Byrnzie said:

I doubt the structure of the plane could withstand the impact force at any angle.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited March 2014
    Byrnzie said:

http://www.boeing.com/boeing/commercial/777family/pf/pf_300product.page

i think the wings would break free for sure & the tail wing would possibly break free as well but i'd think for sure the wings would not take that kind of impact. boeing 777 has just one inch under a 200 foot wing span. 199 feet & 11 inches is correct.
    45,220 gallons or 171,160 liters maximum fuel
    maximum takeoff weight 660,000 pounds 299,370 kg

these fuckers are huge

slamming into the water at 300-400 mph or faster... i believe wings are coming apart
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    now they think it went down in the indian ocean
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    g under p said:

Good point, however if its an remote airstrip it's probably going to be difficult to get a signal from there to send a text or call

if someone attempts to use their phone, it will ping towers even if it cant get a signal, this is used in search and rescue often.
    Peace</blockquote

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    If hijacked why has it taken this long for the responsible group to take credit for it ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532

If hijacked why has it taken this long for the responsible group to take credit for it ...

Because they aren't done
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    With all of the satellites, surveillance and communications systems out there is it really possible no one knows what happened?

• Options
    Well so far i heard through the grape vine that the engine sends a radar message every so hours when in flight and it was reported to have sent a reading 4 hrs after it was reported missing, so Hijacking doesnt seem impossible. Also too celular phones of loved ones say that they are still ringing, but im not sure if it would still be ringing in any event of a crash or would.
    And it makes sence that the authorities would want to keep it hush hush if that was the case or there would be chaos and panic everywhere.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    rival. said:

250+ passengers means 250+ cell phones. if the plane was hijacked and landed on a remote airstrip, hidden & tucked away, i find it hard to believe one of those 250 people would not have sent a text message or call to someone. how does a hijacker possibly confiscate 250 cell phones? strip search?

i find this whole situation hard to believe. you can say stuff like this about every scenario---if there was a catastrophic engine failure, there would have been a distress signal sent out...people would have

dignin said:

dignin said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-flight-mh370-hunt-jet-may-have-flown-4-hours-without-contact-1.2570313

Strange stuff.

I heard on the AM that the plane has been hijacked and flown to a FEMA camp outside of Chicago where the passengers are to be exchanged for Osama Bin Laden who will then be flown to Benghazi and released so that he can unite the warring tribes, conquer Syria and bring on the Third Caliphate. This will force President Obama to not only admit to willingly authorizing but directly participating in Fast & Furious and finally admit that he also personally directed and oversaw the IRS target right wing, and right wing only, political organizations. The resulting political crises caused by impeachment proceedings will result in Putin reconstituting the former Soviet Union and the world slips back into an extended period of Cold War. Sarah Palin predicted it and for her astute global political understanding is rewarded with being elected president of the US of A.

And those supposed contrails that the oil rig worker mentions in his email, those aren’t contrails. They’re the New World Order controlling the weather and modifying our food supply, in this case fishes in the ocean. Heard this on the AM as well.

Peace.
    ...you need to stop listening to that "am" my friend...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    reuters is saying military data suggest that it was deliberately flown hundreds of miles off course towards india's andaman islands......hmm
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

it's possible the hijacking wasn't terrorism related ... it also could be that the pilot was involved ... the plane was deliberately diverted to facilitate either further use of the plane; maybe someone on the plane was being extradited to china? ... dunno ...
  • Options
    Why do i feel like my post was in vain?
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

because statistically speaking ... 91.3% of posts on the AMT are in vain ...
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,576

rival. said:

i find this whole situation hard to believe. you can say stuff like this about every scenario---if there was a catastrophic engine failure, there would have been a distress signal sent out...people would have

dignin said:

dignin said:

Strange stuff.

Peace.
    ...you need to stop listening to that "am" my friend...
    But then, how will I get the TRUTH?

Peace.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    polaris_x said:

JWPearl said:

Because some of my post was actually fact about the radar information about the engine?

Post edited by JWPearl on
  • Options
    they are now saying that there is a 50% chance the plane actually changed course after losing contact ...

more and more likely the plane landed somewhere and is hidden ...
  • Options
    I totally agree! Feel for those on board and their families, worst not knowing what happened.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    So much for technology's omniscience.

If the plane didn't crash and the passengers are indeed still alive, I can only wonder what - for this past week - they're doing (or being given?) for food, shelter, washing, basic comfort.

Really feeling for them and their families.