Options

Malaysia Airlines loses contact with passenger jet

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

Man to not know what happened to loved one's has to be excruciating mental pain ..

this!

just to simply vanish along with a few hundred other ppl... fucked up stuff. here it was a commercial airliner with most probably a pretty full load.

then nothing...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/malaysia-airlines-flight-recorder-beacons-send-signal-for-30-days-before-batteries-die/2014/03/11/1d1cb3d8-a8a2-11e3-b61e-8051b8b52d06_story.html

good information on black boxes & work done in the past to recover them

the navy & whoever else can find a ping if one is being sent out
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    chadwick said:

Man to not know what happened to loved one's has to be excruciating mental pain ..

this!

just to simply vanish along with a few hundred other ppl... fucked up stuff. here it was a commercial airliner with most probably a pretty full load.

then nothing...
    That's exactly what we're dealing with locally with the missing since 3/3/14 of local musician Broughty Cole. It's excruciatingly difficult for his family to not know where he is though his car has been found.

I hope it's ok that I mention this here and I'm sorry if I'm capitalizing on this thread but I posted about Broughty in AET and only mention it here because I know some of you only check this section of the forum.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

Ok, so I've been keeping up with the Malaysia Airlines aircraft that vanished three days ago, it was lost in the area of the Dragons triangle, very similar to the Bermuda triangle, I'm curious as to why no one has brought this up. The Dragon's and Bermuda Triangles align point to point through the center of the Earth, with the same latitude and longitude. Both are located at the eastern end of large continental masses, where the sea's currents are colliding with warm and cold water, over volcanic areas. Deep trenches are another commonality, with the triangle in the Pacific Ocean featuring the Mariana Trench, the deepest known point in all the seas. The Dragon's Triangle in particular, reports an ever-changing seascape with professionally charted landmasses and islands literally forming and disappearing overnight. The Japanese call it the Ma-no Umi: the Sea of the Devil. Often compared to the Bermuda Triangle, the Dragon's Triangle is an area where sea-going vessels and aircraft allegedly mysteriously disappear. Besides disappearing planes and ships, phenomena that are linked to the Dragon's Triangle include ghost ships, USOs, lapses in time, and electronic equipment malfunctions. Some writers, including Charles Berlitz3, even link the Dragon's Triangle to the disappearance of Amelia Earhart. Hmmmmmm, VERY interesting!

I was just about to make a comment about the Bermuda triangle having moved East. You beat me to it.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    a think a couple hot ass broads schmoozed their way into the cockpit, shut off all radar capabilities, roofied the pilots, and safely landed the plane in indonesia.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited March 2014

a think a couple hot ass broads schmoozed their way into the cockpit, shut off all radar capabilities, roofied the pilots, and safely landed the plane in indonesia.

I also read that this pilot had a history of inviting broads into the cockpit..doesn't sound too safe..
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

I also read that this pilot had a history of inviting broads into the cockpit..doesn't sound too safe..
    but if they are hot broads, i would say it's okay.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Annafalk said:

:) well off course..
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

Hell if you can keep your eyes on the road and your hands up on the wheel......................receiving while on autopilot is nothing. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    edited March 2014

Annafalk said:

Hell if you can keep your eyes on the road and your hands up on the wheel......................receiving while on autopilot is nothing. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

It's not hard to understand what you mean...are you angry?
    I don't think a plane would crash just because there are passengers in the cockpit, but since the pilot hasn't followed the rules before it says something about his character that's all..
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    according to the person who was invited into the cockpit with this co-pilot ... she just sat there and watched ... i've been invited up to a cock pit before (and i am definitely NOT a hot broad) ... it's not a big deal ...

i think my possibilities are looking stronger by the day ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

according to the person who was invited into the cockpit with this co-pilot ... she just sat there and watched ... i've been invited up to a cock pit before (and i am definitely NOT a hot broad) ... it's not a big deal ...

why were you invited into the cockpit?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

polaris_x said:

why were you invited into the cockpit?
    was traveling with a buddy and we were chatting with the flight attendants ... it kind of came up and they said they would see if we could have a gander ... and that was that ... i should preface this was pre 9/11 ... so, probably not gonna happen now ... but we are talking malaysian airlines here ...
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Byrnzie said:

Ok, so I've been keeping up with the Malaysia Airlines aircraft that vanished three days ago, it was lost in the area of the Dragons triangle, very similar to the Bermuda triangle, I'm curious as to why no one has brought this up. The Dragon's and Bermuda Triangles align point to point through the center of the Earth, with the same latitude and longitude. Both are located at the eastern end of large continental masses, where the sea's currents are colliding with warm and cold water, over volcanic areas. Deep trenches are another commonality, with the triangle in the Pacific Ocean featuring the Mariana Trench, the deepest known point in all the seas. The Dragon's Triangle in particular, reports an ever-changing seascape with professionally charted landmasses and islands literally forming and disappearing overnight. The Japanese call it the Ma-no Umi: the Sea of the Devil. Often compared to the Bermuda Triangle, the Dragon's Triangle is an area where sea-going vessels and aircraft allegedly mysteriously disappear. Besides disappearing planes and ships, phenomena that are linked to the Dragon's Triangle include ghost ships, USOs, lapses in time, and electronic equipment malfunctions. Some writers, including Charles Berlitz3, even link the Dragon's Triangle to the disappearance of Amelia Earhart. Hmmmmmm, VERY interesting!

I was just about to make a comment about the Bermuda triangle having moved East. You beat me to it.

truthfully it's a hard for me to believe anything about bermuda triangle,ufo's or anything like that when it comes to a plane or ship and people that just up and disapere like that,to me it's just a way to give up and tell the public that all seaech efforts have been exhausted and the victims along with the craft they were on have mysteriously vanished. but it does make good t.v programs.

Godfather.

• Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    edited March 2014
    Apparently there's some oil rig worker now claiming that he saw it go down in flames. I don't know how many oil rigs are in that area but It was Huffington Post that published the article...

Bursting into flames upon contact is one thing but "going down in flames" suggests that it was definitely on fire in the air.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Byrnzie said:

I disagree I believe ALIENS needed some test subjects and this flight was chosen. In the end I hope all the passengers and crew are still alive somewhere on this earth.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    norm said:

Scary..

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539

Apparently there's some oil rig worker now claiming that he saw it go down in flames. I don't know how many oil rigs are in that area but It was Huffington Post that published the article...

Bursting into flames upon contact is one thing but "going down in flames" suggests that it was definitely on fire in the air.

When did this oil rig worker mention this little bit of info?? Did he wait four days just for shits and giggles, or were the authorities withholding that info for some reason?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Plane may have been flying for over 4 hours after last contact.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-flight-mh370-hunt-jet-may-have-flown-4-hours-without-contact-1.2570313

Strange stuff.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    PJ_Soul said:

When did this oil rig worker mention this little bit of info?? Did he wait four days just for shits and giggles, or were the authorities withholding that info for some reason?
    and he was the only one working on the rig? and they don't have radio or phones or tv or anything on the rig....

dubious
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    the email does not pass the smell test.

but the last contact was early in the morning, like 1:30-2 am or something so it would have been dark. a flaming object in the night sky would have been pretty apparent in my opinion. would this guy be the only person on the rig at that time? does the rig run around the clock? if it does, then surely there would have been more than one person on it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

and he was the only one working on the rig? and they don't have radio or phones or tv or anything on the rig....

dubious
    if you read the letter ... it says he contacted malaysian and vietnamese authorities right away ... also, according to news reports ... this email has been authenticated ...

http://www.news.com.au/world/oil-rig-worker-says-he-saw-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-burst-into-flames/story-fndir2ev-1226853302184
  • Options
    dignin said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-flight-mh370-hunt-jet-may-have-flown-4-hours-without-contact-1.2570313

Strange stuff.

this is bat shit crazy. gotta be the weirdest story i have seen in years.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    canuckie007 -

"Certainly, if your plane has been hijacked to Pakistan then, because the Sun rises in the East, you would use the code " Good night" to indicate your plane was being turned in a westerly direction; vice verse " Good morning" to indicate the plane would continue to the East."

this caught my attention. the very last message from the cockpit. "All right, good night" - pilot or whoever

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    For the suspected crash area picked up by satellite turning out to be two boats parked beside each other? Appears desperate to me. I read somewhere that when a representative was being interviewed they broke down and were no longer able to participate.
  • Options
    i am curious though as to why certain instruments have not been installed in commercial planes. maybe they have not yet been invented? instruments like water indicators, water pressure sending out pings, things like this.

mount the instruments in or on the ceiling, flooring, walls & where else. it would narrow the search down. did the plane go down in the sea or jungle? at 75feet under water or 3,000 ft under water, you'd know the plane is not in the bush

heck in the black box. water pressure activated. ping ping ping

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

dignin said:

Strange stuff.

Surprise, the story has changed.

"The Wall Street Journal newspaper quoted U.S. investigators on Thursday as saying they suspected the plane remained in the air for about four hours after its last confirmed contact, citing data from the plane's engines that are automatically transmitted to the ground as part of a routine maintenance program.

Hishammuddin said the government had contacted Boeing and Rolls Royce, the engine manufacturer, and both said the last engine data was received at 1:07 a.m. local time, around 23 minutes before the plane lost contact."

• Options
    dignin said:

dignin said:

Strange stuff.

Surprise, the story has changed.

"The Wall Street Journal newspaper quoted U.S. investigators on Thursday as saying they suspected the plane remained in the air for about four hours after its last confirmed contact, citing data from the plane's engines that are automatically transmitted to the ground as part of a routine maintenance program.

Hishammuddin said the government had contacted Boeing and Rolls Royce, the engine manufacturer, and both said the last engine data was received at 1:07 a.m. local time, around 23 minutes before the plane lost contact."

this plane landed in pakistan. i'm calling it now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349

Annafalk said:

people still say broads....? lol!
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018