Options

Rule 19: Never, under any circumstances, wear the t shirt of the band you are going to see

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    callen said:

The whole premise of this thread is so juvenile . Like I was transported back to 8th grade. Please die thread. Please for the love of pj DIE.

This thread is awesome. Too bad there's people that are too serious to take a joke. It's a freaking forum. That means you're free to talk about anything you may want to talk about. My man Hank left the forum because of a dry, boring atmosphere and people who took themselves too damn seriously. Loosen up. No one is too cool for school. No one is ashamed to have gone to high school. If 8th grade is a miserable memory for you I feel bad for you- how could 8th grade not be awesome, you were freaking 13?! We all were that age, it's a part of life. If you hated it, sorry. But you can't just act like it never happened. If this thread isn't the one for you, go to another and post your favorite song or perhaps write a note about Ed's haircut or what flip flops Stone was wearing. Does Matt like bologna or turkey? cheddar or swiss? Maybe even start a thread bashing this one! It's a forum. Sorry you don't like it, but tough shit!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

callen said:

The whole premise of this thread is so juvenile . Like I was transported back to 8th grade. Please die thread. Please for the love of pj DIE.

This thread is awesome. Too bad there's people that are too serious to take a joke. It's a freaking forum. That means you're free to talk about anything you may want to talk about. My man Hank left the forum because of a dry, boring atmosphere and people who took themselves too damn seriously. Loosen up. No one is too cool for school. No one is ashamed to have gone to high school. If 8th grade is a miserable memory for you I feel bad for you- how could 8th grade not be awesome, you were freaking 13?! We all were that age, it's a part of life. If you hated it, sorry. But you can't just act like it never happened. If this thread isn't the one for you, go to another and post your favorite song or perhaps write a note about Ed's haircut or what flip flops Stone was wearing. Does Matt like bologna or turkey? cheddar or swiss? Maybe even start a thread bashing this one! It's a forum. Sorry you don't like it, but tough shit!
    I am with you, this place should be fun and entertaining. Make love, not war!!!!
    :)>-
  • Options
    Totally, no more hate y'all!
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    edited March 2014
    you know I would believe you when you say it's all just joking and kidding around but I know better- I'm with Callen now - just kill the damn thing - it was fun when it was fun. Peace out
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219

I agree with you... the 8th Grade is great... like you said. No worries about jobs and taxes and relationships and bills.... just playing over the line with your school mates and trying to keep air in your bicycle tires. The 8th grade IS great, if you are a 13 year old.
    If you are 30 something and still in the 8th Grade... i suppose that could be awesome, too. But, personally... i wouldn't know anything about that because... sadly... i have advanced beyond the 8th grade.
    Now, i admit, sometimes it would be great to revert back to the 8th grade where i didn't have to worry about mortgages and car payments and electric bills and all of that stuff. My greatest worry would be something like.... ummmm.... what to wear to school so the 'cool kids' wouldn't make fun of me. But, then i realize that it is better to know the things i know now... then when I was an 8th grader. I mean, did you know how escrow worked when you were in the 8th grade? Probably not... but, you know how it works now, right? That came in pretty handy when you bought your house, don't you think?
    Anyway, I get where you're coming from... the 8th grade, where and when it was fun. I wish I could be more like you, sometimes... locked in a time warp of arrested development so i didn't have adult matters to contend with... like a job and taxes and all of that grown-up, icky stuff. Then, i come back to reality and think about it... i don't want to be an 8th grader my entire life.
    Have fun.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

callen said:

"Tough shit". HA!!!

Guess the whole premise of caring what others wear just hits a nerve. Even in eighth grade I knew people that cared about what others do was weak. So the whole subject matter is weak. And it's been rehashed on this board many times though you may not have known so all good. And yeah I don't want to again lose Big Bank Hank cause he is a great fellow that has offered up some tasty you tube treats. So I'll leave this thread be and allow the fun and games to continue. Oh don't much care about what Ed and boys wear or look like , hence my post.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Seems like this place has lost the fun. I used to come on here to laugh my ass off, read some rumors and shoot the shit. Too many people have let life interfere I suppose. Lets get back the jam.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219

Seems like this place has lost the fun. I used to come on here to laugh my ass off, read some rumors and shoot the shit. Too many people have let life interfere I suppose. Lets get back the jam.

Actually... this thread has a lot of funny shit in it...
    And here's something else... Since when do GUYS give a shit about fashion? I mean, on a scale of 0 to Girl... where does a GUY that cares about FASHION fit in?
    What's next... guys worrying if their jeans make their asses look fat? If so.. YOU'RE a GUY! You have a fat ass. ANYTHING you put over your fat ass is still going to leave you with a fat ass.
    Guys understand that. That... is why guys don't care about fashion.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608

callen said:

Lol. Well that's a good point - i loved high school, lol! But i was no more interested in talking about what's appropriate to wear to a concert then than i am now! I actually thought there were people in this thread seriously considering whether or not it mattered. If every single person was joking, well, i guess i didn't pick up on that. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    I go by that rule too! Sometimes wearing different band tees gets the band your seeing attention. It's happened to me a couple times, even PJ.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Everyone to themselves as long as your Not hurting anyone :)

• Options
    Just received my Yield and Binaural concert T's in the post. Can't wait to wear them to Amsterdam 1 and 2. :)>-
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,655
    More wag, less bark!

Peace.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    It's like a walking history of the band, I love the shirts.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

callen said:

+1
    I do have an exception to the rule that I would like to put forward for consideration.

I was recently at the Welcome to Rockvile Fest in Jacksonville.Because it was so hot, Sweaty sun soaked pretty ladies were buying concert shirts of bands playing and bringing them to a tent/booth that would customize rip/cut and tear the shirts for a more revealing and "cooler" application to the standard shirt wearing situation.The results on most were stunning,(some scary)and I feel it enhanced the scenery at the show.So this most certainly is a good thing.Now this applies only to female concert shirt attendees.
    Can I get a ruling on this??
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    [-(

That's a stupid rule.
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611

I think the forum needs to have an intervention. It's kinda like a "what have we become" scenario.
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    Two shows coming up - gotta pick two PJ Shirts, which ones would you wear?photo photo_zps15b150e2.jpg
  • Options
    CD1083CD1083 Albany, NY Posts: 58

Two shows coming up - gotta pick two PJ Shirts, which ones would you wear?photo photo_zps15b150e2.jpg

I'd go with the white and Binaural.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Monkey / Avacado and flout that supposed "rule"
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I was sorta thinking Binaural and Avocado myself.....
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I've my Seattle 2013 and Yield era Shepard shirt ready for the Euro shows
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    Euro tour '10 with the boat and Euro '12 ''shut up and listen'' are ready for package..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I agree that you are to never wear the band shirt to any concert ever.

The only exception to the rule is PJ. That's it. Nobody else.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    CD1083CD1083 Albany, NY Posts: 58

Sid Vicious missed this memo
  • Options
    paulipauli Seattle Wa Posts: 70
    I dont follow anyones rules. Ill wear what i feel like wearing that day! Its my show my shirt my rules.
    Easy Street Queen Anne, I MISS YOU ALREADY! Thanks Matt
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    ready for next week shows..

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

ready for next week shows..

That's cool.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    that's a big ass shirt.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    got some new ones from the Euro tour. Decisions, Decisions. On to Detroit and Moline!!!!