Options

Rule 19: Never, under any circumstances, wear the t shirt of the band you are going to see

Comments

• Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,924
    Hobbes said:

rr165892 said:

This didn't even become a "rule" until it was a quote in PCU.

I don't even know how I should respond to this.
    That, we're not gonna protest?

=))
    We're not gonna protest
    :))
    Gutter is a tool
    Glad someone got it! :-c
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Tonight at the pit everyone gets laid!

Hobbes said:

rr165892 said:

This didn't even become a "rule" until it was a quote in PCU.

I don't even know how I should respond to this.
    That, we're not gonna protest?

=))
    We're not gonna protest
    :))
    Gutter is a tool
    Glad someone got it! :-c
    Took me a second,I'm getting old.sorry
    "Can you blow me where the pampers are"
  • Options
    It's been years since I gave it a proper go
  • Options
    I haven't seen this movie in such a long time, great movie IMO. Up to you what rules you want to follow, but if you hate the "rule" or the quote, still a funny movie. My answer to "what kind of beer do you want?" is almost always "multiple, cold and domestic."
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

I felt weird for wearing a Pearl Jam shirt to an Alice in Chains show last night.

I wore a PJ shirt to a Seether concert once. Did not feel weird at all.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I wore my PJ euro 14 to the Neil Young show, I felt like the youngest person in the crowd. :)
  • Options

I haven't seen this movie in such a long time, great movie IMO. Up to you what rules you want to follow, but if you hate the "rule" or the quote, still a funny movie. My answer to "what kind of beer do you want?" is almost always "multiple, cold and domestic."

I think rule 19 has come up at every concert since 94.Love when a movie ruins me
  • Options
    "You passed out cigarettes for a smokeathon on earth day, you installed speed bumps on the wheelchair ramps, and most recently you dumped 100 lbs of raw meat on a peaceful vegan protest. - Oh come on, that was way more than 100 lbs "

Pigman is trying to prove the Caine-Hackman theory. No matter what time it is, 24 hours a day, you can find a Michael Caine or Gene Hackman movie playing on TV.
  • Options
    "Just one little binger to brighten up your day."
  • Options
    amw101282amw101282 Wisconsin Posts: 185
    If I followed this rule Chris Cornell wouldn't have called me out bout my vintage Soundgarden shirt and signed my Temple of the dog record at his solo show and I wouldn't have gotten a signed poster with SG/NiN. The vintage shirts kinda proved I was a dedicated fan in those two scenarios and I was rewarded for it. So I don't agree.
    {Alpine Valley '03/United Center '06/Summerfest '06 (Both Nights!!)/Alpine Valley '11 (PJ20) (Both Nights!!)/Wrigley Field '13}

"a truant finds home, and a wish to hold on too, he saw the trapdoor in the sun, immortality" PLEASE SUPPORT CCFA!!!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Piven=peen. He has more hair 30 years later. who listens to him :))
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    amw101282 said:

If I followed this rule Chris Cornell wouldn't have called me out bout my vintage Soundgarden shirt and signed my Temple of the dog record at his solo show and I wouldn't have gotten a signed poster with SG/NiN. The vintage shirts kinda proved I was a dedicated fan in those two scenarios and I was rewarded for it. So I don't agree.

+1
  • Options

"Just one little binger to brighten up your day."

"Hey,hey,ho,ho this penis party has to go"

"Bong hits anyone"
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Gibbs' Rule 51...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    It's the cardinal sin. It's bad luck! I don't do it!
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    edited August 2014
    I love the quote in the movie, but don't buy it for reals.

I love wearing shirts of the bands I'm going to see, and I love seeing my fellow fans wearing the shirts. When you're wearing the shirt and you see someone else wearing the shirt it's like a visual cue you both like wicked music. Give each other a little head nod and get that much more amped for the show.
    Post edited by EnterThanman on
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

I love wearing shirts of the bands I'm going to see, and I love seeing my fellow fans wearing the shirts. When you're wearing the shirt and you see someone else wearing the shirt it's like a visual cue you both like wicked music. Give each other a little head nod and get that much more amped for the show.

WOW...
    Your post just took me back to some GREAT memories from my high school days!!!
    Remember how much fun it was to wear your concert T-shirt to school the day after the show & see who else went too!!
    The Who...Pink Floyd...Rush...Bob Seger...plus many more,
    We ALWAYS did the little head nod too or would discuss the show if we weren't hurrying to get to class.
    GOOD TIMES A LONG, LONG time ago!!!
    Thanks for the MEMORIES!!! :-bd
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    edited August 2014
    derbydave said:

WOW...
    Remember how much fun it was to wear your concert T-shirt to school the day after the show & see who else went too!!
    We ALWAYS did the little head nod too or would discuss the show if we weren't hurrying to get to class.
    Dave,
    You just reminded me of some good times.There was a very cute shy rocker girl in my math for dumb asses class.I had a swanky blue and white 2 sided Ozzy blizzard of Oz tour shirt on.She walks up to me while wearing A Black and white "Florida Jam" concert Jersey(ZZ Top,Billy Squier,Pat benetar) and Says."I love Ozzy and love your shirt,you wanna trade"?I of course said "right now"? She said" yes but not here" soooo we went down hall to an empty class and Traded.It was awesome.Got a new shirt and saw Boobs.I was a freshman and it was early in the year,so HS got of to a great start for me.
    She and I traded and would get each other more shirts all through high school.

Edit-sorry it was Reo Speedwagon not ZZ Top.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    derbydave said:

WOW...
    Absolutely! Glad you got something out of the post :)

Also sounds like you saw some amazing bands in their prime!

I've always loved that part of the show experience, and definitely the post show experience, where you're kind of united with people who you might otherwise not have that much in common with. It's tangible proof of the power of music.

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

derbydave said:

WOW...
    Dave,
    You just reminded me of some good times.There was a very cute shy rocker girl in my math for dumb asses class.I had a swanky blue and white 2 sided Ozzy blizzard of Oz tour shirt on.She walks up to me while wearing A Black and white "Florida Jam" concert Jersey(ZZ Top,Billy Squier,Pat benetar) and Says."I love Ozzy and love your shirt,you wanna trade"?I of course said "right now"? She said" yes but not here" soooo we went down hall to an empty class and Traded.It was awesome.Got a new shirt and saw Boobs.I was a freshman and it was early in the year,so HS got of to a great start for me.

Sounds like a good start to High School...
    the "shy rocker girl" really wasn't that shy after all :)
    Growing up in Louisville...
    we had some GREAT "Derby Eve Jam" concerts!!!
    Sure wish I still had some of those T-shirts now.
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options

derbydave said:

WOW...
    Absolutely! Glad you got something out of the post :)

Also sounds like you saw some amazing bands in their prime!

I've always loved that part of the show experience, and definitely the post show experience, where you're kind of united with people who you might otherwise not have that much in common with. It's tangible proof of the power of music.

:-bd

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    yeah, that rule doesn't make much sense. i do avoid listening to PJ too much before a show. it actually makes me cringe to hear people blaring PJ in the parking lot, especially songs like Even Flow and Alive.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Rule 20, don't ever use rules made in fictional movies and or books, though fiction can be fun, it is just that, fiction.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    derbydave said:

WOW...
    Ha - "little head nod"

I'm joining the "thanks for the memories" ranks (cue Bob Hope :D )

Guessing we grew up around the same time. I too had The Who and Rush. Van Halen as well, when DLR was the frontman.

Man, I wish I still had those T's. They eventually got decimated over time.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

derbydave said:

WOW...
    Ha - "little head nod"

Guessing we grew up around the same time. I too had The Who and Rush. Van Halen as well, when DLR was the frontman.

I got to see Rush on the 2112 & Farewell to Kings tours...never got to see Van Halen!!
    I was a HUGE Bob Seger fan back in the day & saw him 4 times!!!
    GOOD TIMES!!

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    cant wait to rock my vienna shirt in cincinnatti!!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834

You don't think the fact you are are all at the same show indicates that you all have a shared taste of wicked music?!

• Options
    hedonist said:

derbydave said:

WOW...
    Ha - "little head nod"

I kept a lot of mine from 70s and 80s in a box.not sure why I did but it turned out just fine.My youngest is 19 and she took all my old ones including the one I mentioned above.That shirt is like 35 years old and its still kicking.She wears an old "Us Festival" jersey also thats about as old and of course an old stick man shirt from early nineties.
    I broke out a classic Joan Jett bad reputation shirt this weekend.Fits like a glove
  • Options
    derbydave said:

hedonist said:

derbydave said:

WOW...
    Ha - "little head nod"

I got to see Rush on the 2112 & Farewell to Kings tours...never got to see Van Halen!!
    I was a HUGE Bob Seger fan back in the day & saw him 4 times!!!
    GOOD TIMES!!
    Old VH was great.If you get to see them on tour again don't miss it.Eddie still kills it.I bet Seger was great.I saw Journey about that many times back in the day
  • Options
    derbydave said:

rr165892 said:

derbydave said:

WOW...
    Dave,

Sounds like a good start to High School...
    the "shy rocker girl" really wasn't that shy after all :)
    Growing up in Louisville...
    we had some GREAT "Derby Eve Jam" concerts!!!
    Sure wish I still had some of those T-shirts now.
    She came out of her shell pretty quick.She turned out to be a fun party buddy.One of those really cool chicks who "got it" ya know