Options

chad's opinion thread

Comments

• Options
    chadwick said:

if you could straight up smack someone in the mouth, why would you do it & what would happen? let's read everyone's essays on this subject. low wage paying slave drivers & sweat shop kings & queens deserve to be jacked upside the head just because it is the right thing to do & if one did ring their bell for 'em, a carnival on wheels they'd win, it'd land at their feet out of the thin clear blue sky, bam - pow- bang & crash, kaboom... your mystical carnival genie on wheels is now your funbomb w/ bad gas

We've had a good winter blast in our neck of the woods.

I came across a dozen people driving out on the roads that I wanted to smack. Idiots driving way too fast or following way too close on our roads which are sheets of ice.

I wanna smack them. Nothing more than that. Just a really good open hand smack.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

I hope we get to share recipes for elk sausage. ;)

I also will need to reply to your good questions later....on a proper keyboard. I have to unchop some wood right now!

I read that, as PAPER keyboard!! Lol
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Chad, what's up with this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faSt1mi9FC8
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,638
    chadwick said:

if you could straight up smack someone in the mouth, why would you do it & what would happen? let's read everyone's essays on this subject. low wage paying slave drivers & sweat shop kings & queens deserve to be jacked upside the head just because it is the right thing to do & if one did ring their bell for 'em, a carnival on wheels they'd win, it'd land at their feet out of the thin clear blue sky, bam - pow- bang & crash, kaboom... your mystical carnival genie on wheels is now your funbomb w/ bad gas

I'm not 100% sure what chad is after, what with his discourse on butchering elk, big red gum, turkey and black friday....but his mention of sweat shops and smacking people brings this to mind...

my poor mother-in-law, bless her heart, is forced to work at a wal-mart in a shitty wyoming town....a town created by the oil boom but now just there...a town where you buy fireworks and liquor in the same store. anyways, mom-in-law was forced to go into work thanksgiving night (bastards!)...some bargain hunting shoppers got into a fist fight over a four dollar DVD....punches were thrown and the instigator went to jail...when all is said and done, I'm quite sure he will spend much more on his fine than he stood to save on the DVD.

quite fitting and/or ironic I think. this person definitely deserves to be "jacked upside the head."

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

Chad, what's up with this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faSt1mi9FC8

timing how long a guy holds in the smoke is fucking stupid. that timing guy should be thrown on the floor. idiots all three of them smoking synthetic weed
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    imalive said:

chadwick said:

I'm not 100% sure what chad is after, what with his discourse on butchering elk, big red gum, turkey and black friday....but his mention of sweat shops and smacking people brings this to mind...

my poor mother-in-law, bless her heart, is forced to work at a wal-mart in a shitty wyoming town....a town created by the oil boom but now just there...a town where you buy fireworks and liquor in the same store. anyways, mom-in-law was forced to go into work thanksgiving night (bastards!)...some bargain hunting shoppers got into a fist fight over a four dollar DVD....punches were thrown and the instigator went to jail...when all is said and done, I'm quite sure he will spend much more on his fine than he stood to save on the DVD.

quite fitting and/or ironic I think. this person definitely deserves to be "jacked upside the head."

neither am i, rob

your mother in law deserve a mighty big check from walmart. that is incredible. fighting over a dvd at the walmart is one of the dumbest-shit things anyone can do. what would be dumber is fighting over the last jar of grape jelly. who the frig? what grown ass man uses grape jelly?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

I also will need to reply to your good questions later....on a proper keyboard. I have to unchop some wood right now!

How does one unchop wood? Does this put the tree back together again?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    unchopping wood. Is that when the ax blade flies backwards off the handle and buries itself in the wet clumpy leaves and you can't find it?
  • Options
    "The Chopping, Part II - The Wood Fights Back". Now in backyards near you.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    chad.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    yes shortstack?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795

I cannot take credit for the genius concept of unchopping wood -- that would be our friend Chadwick. My belief has been, since this concept was introduced, that unchopping wood is more of a mental exercise and means something different for everyone.
    How do you do the impossible?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    edited December 2014
    chadwick said:

if you could straight up smack someone in the mouth, why would you do it & what would happen? let's read everyone's essays on this subject.

If I could straight up smack someone in the mouth, it would be a result of my frustration with some people pushing their beliefs, lifestyles, etc onto the rest of us.
    [If there is one thing I strive for in my life it is to not tell people what to do beyond being someone who doesn't cause harm to others. If you want to be a dirtbag, help yourself! Know that there are often repercussions for being a scum and you need to be prepared to accept them.]
    So the 'holy rollers' are the worst offenders of all to me. The people who take it to the extreme of picketing the funerals of fallen warriors with signs about why their god wanted the soldiers to die? I want to smack them first. With a fucking 2x4. (Google 'church picketing funerals' and look at the images. I wont post any here because they make me want to pummel the fucking pieces of dog shit holding those signs.)

What would happen? In the best case scenario there would be one person who would learn the very harsh and real repercussion of picketing the funeral service of one of our fallen heroes and who would choose to not do this again. (After going to the dentist to get new teeth of course.)

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options

I cannot take credit for the genius concept of unchopping wood -- that would be our friend Chadwick. My belief has been, since this concept was introduced, that unchopping wood is more of a mental exercise and means something different for everyone.
    How do you do the impossible?
    Thanks for the clarification. I must have missed this earlier zen moment.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

chadwick said:

if you could straight up smack someone in the mouth, why would you do it & what would happen? let's read everyone's essays on this subject.

If I could straight up smack someone in the mouth, it would be a result of my frustration with some people pushing their beliefs, lifestyles, etc onto the rest of us.
    [If there is one thing I strive for in my life it is to not tell people what to do beyond being someone who doesn't cause harm to others. If you want to be a dirtbag, help yourself! Know that there are often repercussions for being a scum and you need to be prepared to accept them.]
    So the 'holy rollers' are the worst offenders of all to me. The people who take it to the extreme of picketing the funerals of fallen warriors with signs about why their god wanted the soldiers to die? I want to smack them first. With a fucking 2x4. (Google 'church picketing funerals' and look at the images. I wont post any here because they make me want to pummel the fucking pieces of dog shit holding those signs.)

What would happen? In the best case scenario there would be one person who would learn the very harsh and real repercussion of picketing the funeral service of one of our fallen heroes and who would choose to not do this again. (After going to the dentist to get new teeth of course.)

And top o'the morning to you too :D

I can relate to this and quite honestly, was a nice vicarious release.

• Options
    nice job, f me in the brain. I thoroughly agree. im actually surprised it hasn't happened already or maybe it has, i don't know

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited December 2014

chadwick said:

Isn't it those westboro baptist people that do that shit? Saying our dead soldiers are punishment for homosexuality? Agreed, those are the worst fucking people. I thought I read somewhere that a gay rights group bought a house across the street from their church and painted it rainbow colored. If true, that is fucking FABULOUS!
  • Options

chadwick said:

Isn't it those westboro baptist people that do that shit? Saying our dead soldiers are punishment for homosexuality? Agreed, those are the worst fucking people. I thought I read somewhere that a gay rights group bought a house across the street from their church and painted it rainbow colored. If true, that is fucking FABULOUS!
    LOL, awesome. Yes, that is the particular group of people I was answering Chad's question about. They are at the top of the list but anyone who works to actively convert me to their cult is also susceptible to the backhand of god in the form of my person.
  • Options
    I think Westboro is up there with the worst of the worst.

As to attempted conversion, I had to end what was a nice and rare friendship after she attended a church service, passed out there and awoke speaking in tongues, and ultimately spent many early morning hours typing out the words of god for me (and others).
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I think Westboro is up there with the worst of the worst.

As to attempted conversion, I had to end what was a nice and rare friendship after she attended a church service, passed out there and awoke speaking in tongues, and ultimately spent many early morning hours typing out the words of god for me (and others).

I hope she gets some professional help when she is open to accepting. It is like the people who go to evangelist tents and are cured. More power to them, I guess, so long as they leave me alone.

I often wonder if I insisted on saying a prayer to Satan before eating...how a mixed group of regular, everyday people would react?
    It just so happens that I dont believe in anything like that and I do not have any qualms about anyone believing whatever helps them - but what if I believed in Satan? Would insisting on praying over my food to my chosen deity be any more offensive than someone who believes in another god?
    Something tells me that group would find all sorts of problems with anyone praying to a god that wasn't one of the established gods.

Chad, what do you think of evangelists?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,638
    in my opinion, "opine" is an underused word. I wonder if chad would care to opine upon that?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

in my opinion, "opine" is an underused word. I wonder if chad would care to opine upon that?

I love the connection between opinion and opine (both would make fine Irish names, too).

F Me, I don't think there's any offense in any belief, until as you mention, the reactions - or maybe the ripple-effects. That's where folks need to keep themselves in check.

Otherwise, cue Lennon and Elton (or John and John :D) - whatever gets you to the light...your own light.

It's alright.
  • Options
    PS - chad is one fine(r) opiner
  • Options
    hedonist said:

PS - chad is one fine(r) opiner

Ohh yeah!
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,319
    why has this thread not had a question this year?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote: »
    why has this thread not had a question this year?

its only been 10 days
  • Options
    Chad, how long do you think 12 days feel like from space?
  • Options

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    LOL, as always...fantastic!