Options

chad's opinion thread

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    hedonist said:

You did rescue work, whispering hands? Bravo to you.

Tia Torres is a badass and an angel over those dogs (and the parolees). I absolutely adore her.

"My mission is to rescue; my hope is that one day I won't have to."

chadwick, you'd dig her and maybe the Pits too.

Yeah, I hope to get to go out and do some volunteering fir them
    One day!! Another day further in the future, I'd like to havea rescue open to allll animals!
    At any one given time we'd have 9-22 dogs and we had 12 cats always! The last of the rescue cats passed away last year. Not all those dogs were Pits though. Craziest list we ever had was ten Pits, 4wolf-dogs, ( counting my two that lived there full time), two Siberian Huskies, three German Shepherds, a Doberman Pinscher, a Papillon, and One Rat Terrier! It took four people to walk all those dogs!! We were the K9 Mafia Animal rescue! And it was crazy hard work, but very rewarding most of the time.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jesus, that sounds like heaven to me. My husband and I have often talked about "if we ever win the lottery". Animal rescue all the way.

Bless you for the work you did (and still want to do).

It's not so much about the breed or even the species...moreso about giving these animals a good, loving, happy and humane life.

(and hopefully having those who abused or neglected them being served a few or more jugs of justice - or at the least, education so they never again tread that road)
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Aren't machines that make our lives easier nice?

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited October 2014
    :)) that's the funniest thing i've ever saw. thank you
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Chad, is it difficult to maintain a beard like yours? (At Ieast the beard you had in your old profile picture.)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,792
    Chad --
    Cold, crisp Iowa morning. Sun just coming up over the horizon to punish the frost laying on the lawn. You walk out on the porch with bare feet, enjoying the cold & the world as it wakes up. You sit down and take a sip ....what do you have in your mug?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    last-12-exit,

my beard maintenance nearly doesn't exist. all i do is take a clippers & run the thing around my mouth every couple weeks or something. im not much of a metrosexual man. i don't give two shits about fashion or going to get a manicure & pedicure or shaving nicely or keeping my hair nicely done. i trim my own toenails & fingernails because im a dude. i trim the whiskers around my mouth when im actually eating whiskers w/ the food i grubbin on. i do wash the area of my beard where my mouth is located after i eat as those whiskers collect food, sticks, leaves, prawn shells/tails, olives & flavors. i doubt i grow a zz top though. at some point i'll stop it, i suppose that would be my beard maintenance program

sometime i'm gonna have a few trinkets & beads braided into my face

http://youtu.be/CNDA_DPy3oM

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    rollings said:

lmao, thanks. I needed that. Just hilarious.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    f me in the brain, (maybe you are a poet? that was a awesome description. care to write something & post it over there in the poetry section?)

most pulp orange juice
    chia seed water
    coffee (black)
    hot tea (no sugar. i miss honey, maybe this winter)
    maybe a mad smoothie blender morning: banana, orange, grapes

yes i have multiple drinks going at once

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
  • Options
    What do you think about the ever growing dependence on technology?
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    rollings said:

i've never seen the garbage truck one. that's hilarious.

chad, have you checked out mastodon?

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    the page won't loud for me

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    i've heard mastodon. i'll give em another listen as i don't remember much

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:
    Lmao at the first three.. That last one.. A little freaky....
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,620
    chadwick said:

last-12-exit,

my beard maintenance nearly doesn't exist. all i do is take a clippers & run the thing around my mouth every couple weeks or something. im not much of a metrosexual man. i don't give two shits about fashion or going to get a manicure & pedicure or shaving nicely or keeping my hair nicely done. i trim my own toenails & fingernails because im a dude. i trim the whiskers around my mouth when im actually eating whiskers w/ the food i grubbin on. i do wash the area of my beard where my mouth is located after i eat as those whiskers collect food, sticks, leaves, prawn shells/tails, olives & flavors. i doubt i grow a zz top though. at some point i'll stop it, i suppose that would be my beard maintenance program

sometime i'm gonna have a few trinkets & beads braided into my face

http://youtu.be/CNDA_DPy3oM

OMG.....I played the shit out of that album....back in the day, on vinyl....it was circa the same time as my buddy's motorized gas mask pot pipe :wistful:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,792
    chadwick said:

f me in the brain, (maybe you are a poet? that was a awesome description. care to write something & post it over there in the poetry section?)

most pulp orange juice
    chia seed water
    coffee (black)
    hot tea (no sugar. i miss honey, maybe this winter)
    maybe a mad smoothie blender morning: banana, orange, grapes

yes i have multiple drinks going at once

Thanks dude, I have never written poetry but I have your book and another by a great board member (JonnyPistachio) and I do read that thread often to see what cool things come from the minds here. I enjoy picking up poems and reading again and again.
    Never made it beyond writing short stories but I hope one day to do as many here have done and put something of substance out there.

Interesting choice of beverages, love the multiple selections. Makes me remember the Cereal thread and my sharing that I take the speedball approach and mix at least 3 cereals every time.

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Chad,

Where did you go?

RK
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,720
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,620
    RKCNDY said:

Chad,

Where did you go?

RK

I was wondering the same.....

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    I''m sure he'll pop up again when he's ready.
    I think fondly of him every morning when I sprinkle chia seeds on my fruit. ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Chad, as the previous posters indicate, you are missed. I hope everything is going well with you, good sir, and I just got caught in a long daydream like the Ben Still character in The Secret Lift of Walter Mitty about what it might be that you have been up to lately.

Perhaps you are playing games of Viking Hide & Seek with your pet baby sasquatch?

Giving seminars in the far reaches of the Peruvian Andes on the societal and personal merits of 'unchopping wood'?

In secret talks with a new, Iowa-based, spirits company about marketing your father's patented Vodka & Milk nightstand drink?

All of those were good/happy daydreams...but where I ended up was with you and Dut upping your respective games of shit & piss and chasing one another around the yard with boiling hot forks and trying to stab each other. (In the most loving and brotherly fashion of course.)

Hope all is well buddy!
  • Options
    good morning, folks

been looking for my knife sharpener & got distracted the last few weeks. ?ever butchered a elk w/ a dull & boring spoon, not a table spoon either but a bullshit little teaspoon all fancy & normally for one's girly ass tea sipping assembly. so ever gave it a shot? the other day i had two sticks of wrigley's big red cinnamon gum. i am positive i would enjoy a 5 lb red hot cinnamon disc hard candy or hot tamale black box version but in straight liquid form so it can be sipped on like a special upper crust englishman operating his antique tea cup & saucer... no sugar lumps, it's wrigley's big red plenty pack gallon for convenient pouring

today i ate turkey pretty much like a gentleman. I still dislike capital letters too. I actually did not spill or drop anything onto the table, floor or onto my shirt, nor did any food hang out on, in, or around my beard area as it normally chooses to do so. tomorrow is black sabbath at the local walmart = kiss my grits, geezer. angry, mean & nasty ppl irritate the holy Toledo out of me. thanks for automatically capitalizing Toledo for me. at this point I am too tired to make it a lower case t. (my neighbor told me today that he likes a fire in the firepit or fireplace. I said, "cool, me too, I also like glowing red forks from boiling cooking oil or motor oil.) almost nothing is as screwy & bothersome as capital letters. in my next books it may just be impossible to locate a single capital letter - in fact, I may write a book or write a paper on why capital letters are not well behaved. 23scidoo, tombs are pretty gnarly. maybe Indiana jones will find himself there, yes/no?

i hope everyone had some food today. that bothers me more than anything, people going hungry

http://youtu.be/pddSWlj_BVU

http://youtu.be/LVO-3_pjuSg

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    chadwick said:

good morning, folks

been looking for my knife sharpener & got distracted the last few weeks. ?ever butchered a elk w/ a dull & boring spoon, not a table spoon either but a bullshit little teaspoon all fancy & normally for one's girly ass tea sipping assembly. so ever gave it a shot? the other day i had two sticks of wrigley's big red cinnamon gum. i am positive i would enjoy a 5 lb red hot cinnamon disc hard candy or hot tamale black box version but in straight liquid form so it can be sipped on like a special upper crust englishman operating his antique tea cup & saucer... no sugar lumps, it's wrigley's big red plenty pack gallon for convenient pouring

today i ate turkey pretty much like a gentleman. I still dislike capital letters too. I actually did not spill or drop anything onto the table, floor or onto my shirt, nor did any food hang out on, in, or around my beard area as it normally chooses to do so. tomorrow is black sabbath at the local walmart = kiss my grits, geezer. angry, mean & nasty ppl irritate the holy Toledo out of me. thanks for automatically capitalizing Toledo for me. at this point I am too tired to make it a lower case t. (my neighbor told me today that he likes a fire in the firepit or fireplace. I said, "cool, me too, I also like glowing red forks from boiling cooking oil or motor oil.) almost nothing is as screwy & bothersome as capital letters. in my next books it may just be impossible to locate a single capital letter - in fact, I may write a book or write a paper on why capital letters are not well behaved. 23scidoo, tombs are pretty gnarly. maybe Indiana jones will find himself there, yes/no?

i hope everyone had some food today. that bothers me more than anything, people going hungry

http://youtu.be/pddSWlj_BVU

http://youtu.be/LVO-3_pjuSg

There he is \m/
  • Options
    if you could straight up smack someone in the mouth, why would you do it & what would happen? let's read everyone's essays on this subject. low wage paying slave drivers & sweat shop kings & queens deserve to be jacked upside the head just because it is the right thing to do & if one did ring their bell for 'em, a carnival on wheels they'd win, it'd land at their feet out of the thin clear blue sky, bam - pow- bang & crash, kaboom... your mystical carnival genie on wheels is now your funbomb w/ bad gas

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Missed you, chadwick. Seems I encounter you while listening to those Highwaymen.

Those fellas remind me of you, in the best of ways.

Hope you and all of yours are well and more happy/satisfied/satiated than not.

(will get back to you on your initial question though probably not in essay form)

Good thoughts, sir.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    hope your ok chadwick ;)
  • Options
    I hope we get to share recipes for elk sausage. ;)

I also will need to reply to your good questions later....on a proper keyboard. I have to unchop some wood right now!