Options

chad's opinion thread

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    I know I'm not first in line, but.........dental floss?

I just can't do it. my hygienist asks if I'm on a regular schedule and I tell her.....very regular.....very strict....twice a year, when I see you.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    When I get shit stuck in my teeth that I cant pick out, I use floss
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    You should stop eating shit that's just gross ;)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited April 2014
    dental flossing is a real skill to accomplish. i suck with the waxed string version, therfore i use the dental floss on the little plastic hook/pick fuckers. works great & it may require two pick/hook fuckers as i can easily bust the floss before finishing.
    this is truly a wonderful invention in the realm of dental hygiene.

yeah i should be doing this procedure more often. i am one brushing son of a gun though & just the other day switched back to tom's of maine natural toothpaste from using arm & hammer

pure baking soda... try this
    it sure cleans your mouth
    this is why i liked using complete care arm & hammer toothpaste
    they add baking soda
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    the "little plastic hook/pick fuckers" are no good either. I think Big Business Dental Floss is just scaring us for their own profits.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    i'm up for avoiding a screaming nerve in my face that presents itself in a bunk ass manner such as this, therefore i really dislike like superduper dislike a stupid ass toothache. without question some of the worst pain out there

although drilling a hole into your shorts with a electric powered drill can smart

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Very interesting, run-the-gamut thread!

So chadwick, with this talk of Kenny Wayne and badass guitar-playing, what do you think about (who I believe) is the greatest badass of guitar badassery?

I watched this the other evening and it gave me tears in that really sweet, oh-my-god-this-is-the-fucking-apex kind of way.

(plus I always dug his fashion sense; dude could sport a hat like nobody's business)

youtube.com/watch?v=sIeHeUCtM2Q>
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    not a fan & i'll tell you how much grief i get from this fact. my brother enjoys stevie ray vaughan & is throughly amazed i take a pass. sure the man had huge talent, that is clearly heard. i just don't like the sound his guitar is set up with nor his voice nor his actual lyrics. call me crazy but that is how i hear it. i have never owned not one single s. ray vaughan album, tape, cd or whatever & generally turn the dial if it is on the radio

although his interpretation of voodoo child is pretty frickin great until i hear his voice then i wanna jab those plastic dental floss/toothpicks under my fingernails

the house is a rockin & cold shot .... omg please no

"I respect what he did. I know he was superb guitar player that slapped out the alter with huge magical musical hands. Just not my favorite style or taste" - a friend's opinion that i throughly agree with

hell im an ass who just recently started enjoying the chili peppers, tool & a lot of other bands. years ago the chili peppers & tool both had me taking a potato or cheese shredder to my back

early years peppers was rap sounding & made me wanna go nuts like in a tiny bathroom
    you ever saw frankenstein in a tiny ass bathroom with the toilet up against the wall & tub shower 1 foot from the sink? wtf, dude!
    am i an elf trying to use the sink, toilet & shower tub simultaneously? i highly doubt it

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Fair enough and you're not an ass, but...ouch.

Though I know beauty of all kinds are in the eye and ear and on of the beholder.

I'm a late-bloomer on many fronts, so...guess I can relate.

Have a great night out there, man.

I'm gonna do the same.

• Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Pick/ floss fuckers: GUM brand makes the best ones. The rest are junk.

SRV: great talent, amazing player, example of a one man band. Awesome but as a whole not great.

Toms of Maine toothpaste is great. Most Mainers are given a tube of this and never reach the end because of their overall lack of teeth. Rumor has it the tooth brush was invented in Maine. Anywhere else it would have been called teeth brush.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    oysterjar said:

Pick/ floss fuckers: GUM brand makes the best ones. The rest are junk.

SRV: great talent, amazing player, example of a one man band. Awesome but as a whole not great.

Toms of Maine toothpaste is great. Most Mainers are given a tube of this and never reach the end because of their overall lack of teeth. Rumor has it the tooth brush was invented in Maine. Anywhere else it would have been called teeth brush.

as in his band mates?

i have always wanted to visit maine. i am pretty amazed i haven't ever made it up that a way. maine folk are missing a few teeth huh? sounds like arkansas & missouri

missouri/iowa border is like 20 odd miles away. this here part of iowa is riddled with hicks. many are teethless

pomoola - maine's indian devil
    i'll post just a quick example of this
    there are piles of bizarre documented stories very well aged to way back into the 1700's & earlier & up into present day
    http://bigfootsrealm.blogspot.com/2013/02/pomoola-maines-indian-devil.html
    where's mount katahdin?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    hedonist,

stevie sure did sport quite the hat & fashion statements. if you can give me a small list of songs i promise i will give my fullest attention to the music. pm me if you like. one thing is for sure, i am not into the blues sound. kenny wayne the young ass kicker on his guitar sure is a boss but not someone i want to listen to

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I meant that although SRV can make his guitar bend in ways that very very very few have ever come close to the music falls short because he wasn't around people of his caliber or of alternate but great music ability. I have felt this way about many musicians-Jimi Hendrix, Kenny Wayne as example. Great musicians but their music is so one sided. I think this is what sets Pearl Jam apart.

People from New England make fun of Mainers, albeit everyone from another state in NE make fun of one another (I should note I only consider Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts apart of New England)

Aaaahhh Mt Katahdin. In Maines great Baxter State Park. Located in the north central part of the state if you are looking at a map. Me and my brother are hiking and fishing this area in May.

Maine is a diverse state. You have the coastal lobster/fisherman and towns-very neat
    Western mountainous backwoods Maine (Appalachian trail area- where I am from)
    Southern Maine is like Massachusetts, Portland is like Boston but smaller
    The great northern Maine is just woods, moose, potatoes and French Canadian/americans

There is a lot of great places in Maine. Let me know Chadwick if you ever venture this way.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    maine sounds glorious

& honestly i am worn out w/ hendrix & agree with your statement about these great musicians bending the strings in an unreal manner or whatever... yeah very much one sided sounding

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    People from one state making fun of people from neighboring states is pretty common nationwide I guess. I grew up in Nebraska and wow look out for those Iowa drivers! :) what's your opinion on that one, Chadwick? Actually now living in New Jersey, I have absolutely no room to poke any fun at drivers from anywhere else at this point.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    nebraska - long & long & long & a very long, flat, boring drive. i never knew iowa drivers were being looked out for in your state growing up... nebraska

i would wager though that nebraska folks are pretty darn A-ok. when entering nebraska from colorado at the first DOT truck weighing & inspection station on whatever the heck highway, there's a crew of all women DOT officers & they are a trip. one is 87 years old, one is built like king kong & the other one wears a patch over her L eye. what a trip

new jersey scares the tar out of me

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    oysterjar said:

Rumor has it the tooth brush was invented in Maine. Anywhere else it would have been called teeth brush.

have to remember that one. I may have to substitute another state.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802

You should stop eating shit that's just gross ;)

Half expected that to be someone's response after I posted it!
    :))
  • Options
    Chad,
    Spent some time speaking with the wife this AM more about Cord Blood Banking.
    We are hatching a youngling in less than 2 months (if all goes well) and are pulling the trigger on the full package.

Stem Cell / Cord Blood & Tissue Banking -
    Enables expectant parents to store their newborn's umbilical cord blood & tissue as a potential source of stem cells to help treat cancers and other disorders.

What do you think? Scam or advancement in science?
  • Options

We are pulling the trigger on the full package.

sounds like you already did.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

We are pulling the trigger on the full package.

sounds like you already did.

LOL, yeah I guess so!
  • Options

Chad,
    Spent some time speaking with the wife this AM more about Cord Blood Banking.
    We are hatching a youngling in less than 2 months (if all goes well) and are pulling the trigger on the full package.

Stem Cell / Cord Blood & Tissue Banking -
    Enables expectant parents to store their newborn's umbilical cord blood & tissue as a potential source of stem cells to help treat cancers and other disorders.

What do you think? Scam or advancement in science?

news to me big time. but then again i've never been a dad so i'm not really sure at all what's going on with umbilical cord blood & tissue these days. if this helps treat cancers, stem cell work & other disorders... good stuff

advancement in science for sure.

good luck & enjoy your healthy & happy little hatchling

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Thanks!

Bowfishing -- what do you think?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    the asian carp invasion

http://youtu.be/nc-e8EGkLMo

medieval fishing equipment
    http://youtu.be/Yhfd9dIkXEk

boomerang
    http://youtu.be/k7Z35X7tFBM

& there's bikini bowfishing
    http://youtu.be/Hqpz_dSQD8U

i believe in some states where the asian carp has found themselves, the state just wants the asian carp destroyed as they are an invasive species. eat 'em you fuckers!

silver carp/asian carp
    http://youtu.be/rPeg1tbBt0A

fox reels in a massive catfish
    http://youtu.be/r_n3hrbJW_I

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Awesome, I knew about flying carp and have watched stuff on them before but never the dudes going medieval on their asses. That rocked.
    The bikini girls of course get the vote overall.
    Going on my annual trip with the boys into the bayous of Louisiana this weekend and we will be doing night/bowfishing Friday. It is a fuck of a lot harder than it looks. We will have women with us but none of them will be in their bikinis. (Too many mosquitoes)
  • Options
    I bow hunt for deer and turkey and have always wanted to bow fish. I wanna see pictures. What are you going after?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Will try to do pictures, we are always loaded by the time we get on the night fishing trip, which is when the guy comes for bowfishing. He has one of those boats with the lights all around and he brings us around in/up around the sides of the bayous and we look for whatever we can find. Speckled Trout and Redfish are what we go after during the days there but I think they are not out at night....usually see Gar and catfish. Between being drunk and trying to adapt to shooting into the murky water (even with the floods at night it is tough to see until they are very near the boat) the amateurs have a low kill rate. My buddy that lives down there and does this frequently gets most of the fish.

During the daytime it is different -- even the occasional anglers like myself still pull 20+ fish on a good morning on the water. Black Drum, Redfish and Specks are all good fighters.
    In the afternoon we do a crawfish & crab boil. At night we all horse around and there have been musical guests in the past. One year they paid John Mooney to come out and put on a show for about 30 of us lucky drunk fools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kUMMq7ldMlg

They have local band play there for frequently as well. The guys like to fish so they dont mind toting their crap out on boats to make a few bucks and do some fishing.
    They actually recorded a goofy video during one of the gatherings at my buddies camp -- I wasn't there for that one but they are a fun band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTyZMOcnyUg&feature=player_detailpage

My friends are crazy bastards, we have fun down there -- it is always interesting to have a group of us from around the country go out into swamp people territory. Lots of interesting people/conversations/times.

If I think of it I will try to snap some pics. My phone always dies too as I forget to plug it in since it is worthless for connectivity/phone out there.

• Options
    That sounds like a blast. I haven't been to a crawfish boil in years. Have fun.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    mmm crayfish/crawfish
    freshwater lobster
    grub up on them dudes

i've never shot a bow at a fish but i can assure you i would try it & i would cook that fish on a fire or deep fry it depending what kinda fish it is. i've noticed catfish isn't good to my notion unless fried. i recently steamed some catfish with some knda asia wontons or something.... edible, yes but not wonderful at all

is bowfishing having the exact regulations as pole fishing? like could a guy get lets say, 5 trout with a bow & put each trout on a stringer or in a bucket?

we used to be some pretty serious fishermen, dad, my brothers & myself. i have not went fishing, not one single time ( in 12 yrs) since dad up & died on us. it is like a curse or something & i am good with that. i have no desire whatsoever to go fishing. it sure is like living a different life without trying

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Funny crawfish boil story:

I was is Arkansas for an Army recruiter training and we had the weekend off. One of the guys in the class lived locally and wanted to know if I wanted to go with him and his wife to his friends farm and have a crawfish boil. I was hanging out with his redneck friends drinking, riding four wheelers, shooting good old fashioned fun. We drove to a nearby crawfish farm and picked up an ungodly number of these mini lobsters. While cooking them they asked my if I liked spicy foods. Shit ya I do, I can suck down tabasco and frequent other spicy foods.

I was elbow to elbow with some good looking women and their mates while the guy cooked the crawfish, seasoned them and then threw them on a piece of plywood. After about the fifth one I had eaten my lips started throbbing. I had to stop which made it worse. An attractive girl next to me, without skipping a beat, was cracking a crawfish with one hand, reached down into a cooler for a beer bottle with the other and with crawfish in her mouth said "just put the bottle against your lips"

Arkansas is a crazy place.

Wind this thing up.