Options

chad's opinion thread

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,760

chadwick said:

chadwick said:

what kinda mushrooms are up there? you wanna see something crazy watch videos on the invading asian carp in u.s. rivers. that is some silly ass stuff right there.

Dont know, I will take a picture and share this summer if it rains like a bastard and they come back. The idiot part of me that is still 18 wants to wash them down with chocolate milk and see if I trip balls or just barf my ass off.
    how's this work? why chocolate milk?
    We used to try to use stuff we liked the taste of because boomers taste horrid typically. (Did you ever eat those thing? :) )
    Sometime we would put them in the middle of a PBJ and then eat 'em. Anything for a trip at that age.
    Sandwich them between Harvest Cheddar SunChips. Makes them super easy to eat, and I would get the gag reflex from them by themselves. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    imalive said:

ya know how sometimes you don't know whether a board member is male or female..........?

does chad realize a lot of his fans are of the female persuasion? or is this old news?

:O)
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    imalive said:

ya know how sometimes you don't know whether a board member is male or female..........?

does chad realize a lot of his fans are of the female persuasion? or is this old news?

This has got to be old news. How could we help but have an affinity for a tough Iowan who is clearly comfortable in his own skin, could swim circles around us all, catch, wrestle or harvest us some dinner and cook it up Asian-style all while telling us like it is and listening to pj?

I forgot to mention... Write about it all later in a very unique and poetic fashion.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,670
    in that case........chad? what's your opinion on groupies?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    huh, i'll be damned

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,806
    :)>-

Chad did you happen to read that VT is the first state to pass laws about labeling food for GMOs? What is your opinion on labeling food so that we know what kind of fake bullshit is going into the food?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    vermont kicks ass

i did not read this or hear of it. labeling throughly what we are eating is so important. things are changing for the better, i can feel it in my bones. i think folks are sick & tired of the bullshit. people are gonna start eating healthier & many companies will have to change there ways & many will go broke

is it actually a good idea to eat doritos? what is in a frickin dorito? what is that red/orange spice sprinkled on those chips?
    why is there jet fuel in milk, lettuce & whatever else? good luck

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,806
    They just banned (late last year) drugs with Arsenic being used on pigs & chickens. I am not a freak-flag flying, food monitor (like my wife is) but I think that a lot of our health issues can be attributed to how we eat.
    Knowledge is power, once again.
  • Options
    why would anyone inject arsenic into a hog or chicken & then cook the critter & grub it down? just wow!

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,670
    Chad - what is a GMO?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    g... genetically m...modified o...organism organisms whose genetic material has been screwed around with using genetic engineering techniques or basically assholes = engineers w/ their fancy labs

also

gas, mucus & owls

anything else?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Not that anyone asked, but I see nothing wrong with eating genetically modified food. It's not bad for us at all, and if the health and condition of the food itself can be improved through genetic modification without having any health disadvantages for the people eating, that seems like a damned good idea to me. The HUGE problem with GMF, and why I don't support it, is because it fucks up the world's farming economy. Poor farmers in the developing world can't afford to attain the seeds (nor can some independent farmers in the developed world for that matter), so it will cause millions of farmers to lose their farms, thus creating more poverty, shrinking local produce sources, and allowing big money farmers to create a monopoly. For those reasons and those reason alone I am very much against GMF. I don't believe that the scientists who create GMOs are assholes - their intentions are very good. They just forgot to consider how poor people would get fucked over by it. In a perfect world where people shared, GMF would probably cure famine. If that problem of the food economy could somehow be remedied, there is no logical health reason based on fact that should prevent people from eating GMFs. If it weren't for that, GMO could solve a lot of serious problems in the world.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Scientists know what they are doing. They're scientists, after all. Scientific method requires that you consider basically everything before an experiment is confirmed/produced.

"Now we are all sons of bitches." -- Kenneth Bainbridge to J. Robert Oppenheimer immediately after the Manhattan Project's Trinity nuclear test.

They know.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    dankind said:

Scientists know what they are doing. They're scientists, after all. Scientific method requires that you consider basically everything before an experiment is confirmed/produced.

"Now we are all sons of bitches." -- Kenneth Bainbridge to J. Robert Oppenheimer immediately after the Manhattan Project's Trinity nuclear test.

They know.

Scientists actually do not tend to consider economic ramifications when they are researching and creating things. I mean, it's not like they're stupid - it may cross their minds. But they do not (and should not) let those considerations impact their research or exploration. I dated a material physicist for a long time (he specialized in fuel cell technology), so did get to know the ins and outs of how scientists generally approach research and development. Their primary focus is to create new discoveries, not to restrain themselves based on possible sociological impacts that the research might lead to. That's not their job, and actually they usually make a POINT of not considering such future ramifications, because it taints the scientific process. And yes, I've heard that those scientists involved in the Manhattan Project had regrets, but that was in hindsight. But I can guarantee you that those who split the atom were simply excited as fuck when they managed it, because they knew what it meant as an energy source. The regrets came later.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    so who's bright idea was it to fill bad teeth with mercury fillings?

yeah ok

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    science fails a lot & that is how they learn just like us all do.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

so who's bright idea was it to fill bad teeth with mercury fillings?

yeah ok

Someone who didn't realize that it was poisonous yet I think.
  • Options
    but went on for decades... mercury. the dental association .... just wow .

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I dated a material physicist for a long time (he specialized in fuel cell technology), so did get to know the ins and outs of how scientists generally approach research and development.

Paging Dr. Freud.

:-*
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    chadwick said:

science fails a lot & that is how they learn just like us all do.

That is of course true.
    But when you think about it, GMOs are not a failure at all. It's an outstanding scientific feat. The problem is not with the science, so scientists should not be blamed. The problem is with how the science is used. So the problem is with corporations or politicians. Not GMOs or scientists. It is perfectly possible for GMOs to be made available to those who need it most, but corporations and politicians of course don't give a fuck about what's best for the world overall. Just about how they can get more money and/or power for themselves.
    Science is still righteous. :)

• Options
    chadwick said:

but went on for decades... mercury. the dental association .... just wow .

Well no one likes dentists, lol. ;)
  • Options
    dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

I dated a material physicist for a long time (he specialized in fuel cell technology), so did get to know the ins and outs of how scientists generally approach research and development.

Paging Dr. Freud.

:-*
    Hardly. He was French, but he was still pretty bad in the sack. image I think the French think they are great lovers just because they make the statement that they are French and therefore great lovers. image
  • Options
    Beautiful French girls make me very stupid.

I swerved my to miss a French tourist who was walking in the bike lane on the Brooklyn Bridge, crashing my bike into a wall and my face into an iron gate. After I gathered myself and heard her apologizing and saw her visibly shaken by what she had caused, I asked her through my blood-filled mouth if she was OK, and I may have even apologized to her.

The accident resulted in oral surgery for me and quite possibly could have killed me if the iron gate had met any other area of my face than my teeth.

:\">
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

I swerved my to miss a French tourist who was walking in the bike lane on the Brooklyn Bridge, crashing my bike into a wall and my face into an iron gate. After I gathered myself and heard her apologizing and saw her visibly shaken by what she had caused, I asked her through my blood-filled mouth if she was OK, and I may have even apologized to her.

The accident resulted in oral surgery for me and quite possibly could have killed me if the iron gate had met any other area of my face than my teeth.

I totally remember you talking about that right after it happened. imageimage You are quite the gentleman, asking her if she was okay! image
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    dankind said:

Haha! Sorry to laugh as I'm sure it involved a fair bit of pain but that is quite the funny picture.

GMO... My issue is that time will tell if eating GMO really is safe for the long term. I'm not really interested in being part of that experiment and would appreciate the chance to opt out by choosing foods and products that don't contain them. That's why labeling is a good idea. Already non celiac gluten intolerance is sky rocketing. Some feel that this is better awareness, some feel it's all in our heads, some feel it's due to over-reliance on over processed wheat in our diets, some feel it could be connected to genetically modified wheat. I don't know and am frankly too busy to debate it. I'd rather just use common sense... Avoid GMO, experiment with other grains and try to eat as varied and unprocessed as possible. That's my opinion but this is not my thread so :-h
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    shetellsherself,

nicely done & i agree. we should have the chance to opt out of this experiment
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Yeah I think I prefer to make my own choice on what I consume. I would like the option to pay more for real sugar or real corn rather than not have the option. Science is bitchin but I'm not a fan of everything being fake/engineered.

Chad what is your opinion on bees - friends or stingy pests?
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Wow, I missed a lot.

These discussions is why I asked to keep it alive Chad.

Rob we are not all girls that look for his wisdom :D

My take on it:

Science overall is good. I don't believe everything I see/hear but over time more truths come out. I think that GMO was a great break through, but keep it out of my food. I started chickens so that I know where I am getting my eggs that I eat daily. Overall I don't think altering food from its natural state is good for anyone's health.

Modern medicine is controlled by big drug corporations.

Vermont does kick ass, but its not Maine though...

Dankind did you get her number? Is she now your wife? I'd lose some teeth for a time with a European woman.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    oysterjar said:

Dankind did you get her number? Is she now your wife? I'd lose some teeth for a time with a European woman.

No, I did tell my wife my reaction when I got home all busted up. I think she said something like, "Oh, sweetie, you're such an asshole."

And agreed, Maine is the best!

Chad, what would you have done in my situation? Raged or turned into a doofus?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    dankind,

brutal accident well worth the few moments to be in the vicinity of wonderment. well played, sir. however, oysterjar's last line above.

she could've been your french teacher, you could be speaking french, you could've been to paris & met her parents, you could've helped show french men how to shoot, you could've become even thinner than you are, you coul've become an artist wearing a beret, you could've learned the secrets of french fries, toast, bread & other french cuisine like french fried onions for green bean casserole

for your entertainment & ours, below i have pasted a link of french women. please show us your accident woman
    thank you

https://www.google.com/search?q=french+women&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0ldaU-raNMSy2wXIpYHgCg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1093&bih=427
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce