Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited January 2014
    pdalowsky said:

Provide an option to send an automatic response to an unsolicited person to your wall stating "please ask the intended recipient for permission to post on his/her wall"

Fuck off wall posters

you could have just made your point once? cluttering up the thread with post after post of the same comment is seriously unnecessary
    He gets his point across though, by repeatedly posting, though, doesn't he?

And if it were happening to me, I'd be pissed.

I still think it's pathetically poor that 10c has addressed nothing, and improved little things when the glaring big thing (the whiteness) is still there!!!
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    edited January 2014
    New forums suck. So ugly, so hard to read.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

10c get rid of this FB wall bullshit

if you don't at least provide a delete option for the member who has no idea why they have a comment they have to deal with posted on their profile

FUCK OFF WALL POSTERS

as far as i can tell, you have nothing on your wall anyway?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    vaggar99 said:

if you don't at least provide a delete option for the member who has no idea why they have a comment they have to deal with posted on their profile

FUCK OFF WALL POSTERS

there was a nasty comment last night..good the mods delete it
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Not a fan of the new forum.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,935

Spags said:

PJ_Soul said:

Spags said:

Bring back the LIKE button please!

Yeah, a like button is fine.... no dislike though. That's lame.
    Are you kidding? If you want to "like" something, go to Facebook!
    Wasn't kidding, no. If it makes you feel better we could call it a 'POS' button, as in 'Positive' - just a suggestion, no need to tell me to leave the forum BackSeatLover12...

I wasn't telling you to leave, Spags...
    I'll stick around then.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Shetellsherself, thank you for the info re my wall. I never would have known how to find it otherwise.
    Well, the good thing about all this is that I'm getting more done!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    This business of a wall? What wall? Where's the wall? Why a wall in the first place? The staring into the sun effect of this site. The not-so-user-friendly make up of this new layout. The grade school kiddy emoticons. The fact that most of us don't like the new site and never wanted it. The unanswered question. Etc. Frown.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    brianlux said:

...The grade school kiddy emoticons...

As opposed to the post-secondary young adult emoticons we used to have? Emoticons.

Emoticons.
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    Yep, still ugly. I'll check back next week...
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    adam42381 said:

Yep, still ugly. I'll check back next week...

Thanks, cant wait for next week.....
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

vaggar99 said:

FUCK OFF WALL POSTERS

there was a nasty comment last night..good the mods delete it
    how was it nasty? it was just someone's opinion about the band. telling someone to fuck off is nasty.

some people take things too seriously.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

10c newletter:

"We recently made some much-needed changes to our forums. Because of the high volume of traffic and activity caused by our active and growing fan-base, we switched our forums platform to a hosted solution that offers substantially more options and the ability to handle more traffic.

We're aware that there will be some growing pains for the users and we will be monitoring the boards for suggestions.

The moderators have created a dynamic post that covers tips and features associated with the new forums.

Go forth and POST!"
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I would like the thread title on top of the comment like in the old forum as well. I never really know what thread I'm in because I don't see a reminder.

As for the block on the left... I don't mind that. But I would like it more if the comment section on the right, where I'm writing right now, would scroll up. So that you can see the navigation bar on the side the whole time. That would help me at least navigating a little better and would maybe reduce the glaring white space on the left a little. It somehow seems like there are more comments on each site now. If you enable the signatures, which I have because I like seeing them, it feels like a LONG way up to the top of the site again if I want to check out a different thread or section of the forum.
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723

10c newletter:

"We recently made some much-needed changes to our forums. Because of the high volume of traffic and activity caused by our active and growing fan-base, we switched our forums platform to a hosted solution that offers substantially more options and the ability to handle more traffic.

We're aware that there will be some growing pains for the users and we will be monitoring the boards for suggestions.

The moderators have created a dynamic post that covers tips and features associated with the new forums.

Go forth and POST!"

That explains why they made the change. The previous board was hosted by 10C, whereas this one is 'in the cloud.'
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Just saw it now for the first time. Not a real fan so far. Hurts the eyes to be honest. Hard to read as said before (small font size) and the tags on the left are useless. Just bring the old forums already ;)
  • Options
    Mike D88 said:

10c newletter:

Go forth and POST!"

That explains why they made the change. The previous board was hosted by 10C, whereas this one is 'in the cloud.'
    we all remember what happened the last time hosted something from outsiders..
    Sabotage!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    Mike D88 said:

10c newletter:

Go forth and POST!"

So does this mean we can go back to F5'ing for 10club tickets? O:-)
  • Options
    now i understand the need for change..
    they want to solve the traffic..
    they did..so many dont come here anymore..look at AET..was a party at friday..now..1 post per hour...
    stiil didnt realise what they did there at the club..sad....but it is how it is.....
    lets take a break now,before i get blind
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    I'm having a real tough time with the look so far. I was just checked the forums yesterday for the first time in weeks and thought something was wrong. Came back on today and still can't get used to it. Looks like not many people agree. I won't be able to use this forum anymore. I'll sign on to read some posts but that's all every now and then.

One good thing I can take away from the change is at least I won't be on here so long everyday!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611

now i understand the need for change..
    they want to solve the traffic..
    they did..so many dont come here anymore..look at AET..was a party at friday..now..1 post per hour...
    stiil didnt realise what they did there at the club..sad....but it is how it is.....
    lets take a break now,before i get blind

I get the reason to change too, but isn't there a more user-friendly way of approaching this? Make the forums usable. Change the design so people don't have to squint to read each other's posts.

I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    I enjoyed this months TenClub newsletter.

There aren't any growing pains, we just don't like the new forum layout.
  • Options
    I love the reboot. white is fresh and new. that is my pearl jam experience in a nutshell......
    J/K this blows my friends...my $40 a year countless (plus many other $,$$$'s to the band directly or indirectly) says to blow up this whack version of the forums and bring back the old shite!
    11.18.1997 - OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA
    06.06.2003 - LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
    10.22.2003 - SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
    10.28.2003 - SANTA BARBARA, CALIFORNIA
    09.28.2004 - BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS
    09.29.2004 - BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS
    11.25.2005 - BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
    11.26.2005 - BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
    07.07.2006 - SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
    10.01.2009 - UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA
    10.30.2013 - CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA
    10.01.2014 - CINCINNATI, OHIO
    09.15.2023 - FORT WORTH, TEXAS
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Because of the high volume of traffic and activity caused by our active and growing fan-base, we switched our forums platform to a hosted solution that offers substantially more options and the ability to handle more traffic.

$-) $-) $-)
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    Does anyone remember last time the forums were updated? It was years ago now but was there any communication then?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Does anyone remember last time the forums were updated? It was years ago now but was there any communication then?

they did update the forum a year or 2 ago. The warned us saying some might lose their PMs, so everybody was rushing to save messages, then the site was down for a week or two...(?) then they came back and it was in BETA mode. some little quirks, but still functioned. (I miss that layout)

I would search for the thread "did you make it back?" but search doesn't work so great.
    We were all trying to be 'last man posting' then...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    ugh............................................................................................
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I would like it if all the posts could have the font size of the OP. That's a readable and nice looking size.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I would like it if all the posts could have the font size of the OP. That's a readable and nice looking size.

this
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    I think the layout suffers from looking too much like a lot of the other stuff that annoys us about the internet. Facebook, Twitter, basically all the social networking BS. I'm sorting of getting it. The old PJ forum had a sense of 'home'. I think we might get that over time. Right now we are in a new home with no furniture and bare walls.