Options

Pearl Jam Announces Summer 2014 European Tour

Comments

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,027
    Friends Arena in Stockholm looks like a nice place on Google satellite image too :

http://goo.gl/maps/OTYzs
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Thanks DamianK for sharing experience! In a positive mind, I've entered the 2 italian shows, waiting for tomorrow ! ;)

edit : and sorry for my english!! :fp:
    London O2 18/08/2009
    Berlin 1 04/07/2012 Berlin 2 05/07/2012
    Milan 20/06/2014 Trieste 22/06/2014
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    scotty2003 wrote:
    Cant believe they announced Leeds. The new arena has just opened and me and the wife were discussing whether they would stop here if a European tour happened. I normally travel to Manchester, which is no trouble, but to have them on my doorstep is amazing. Now I just need the tickets. Fingers crossed.
    So, I told one of my friends at work who grew up in Leeds that PJ was playing there and he was super excited, but didn't know where the arena was. So he looked it up at Googlemaps and told me I should probably check to make sure it's been constructed (check out the picture on Googlemaps) lol.

Yes - First Direct Arena only opened this year -

Saw Vampire Weekend there a month ago and it was a great show! It's a great venue - sounded great and was really intimate because it's smaller and also I imagine any seat will be a good seat because (aside from the fact that it's PJ) the arena is rounded, so the seats are curved on (if I'm remembering properly) about half of the arena wall rather than the rectangular layout you get at most arenas.

SO excited about this tour - was really hoping for a Pearl Jam show next year because 2012 was filled with Pearl Jam and Eddie shows and the tour this year sounded AMAZING and looked AMAZING --- fingers crossed I get tickets.

EDIT: PS: if anyone needs a GA ticket buddy for Leeds or Milton Keynes, let me know. May be going to these shows solo.
  • Options
    veredcnveredcn Tel Aviv Posts: 43
    Just to make sure,
    If I win the lottery tomorrow, I can purchase 2 tickets to the show right? Not just one for me...
    Amsterdam 16.6.2014 Amsterdam 17.6.2014 Berlin 26.6.2014
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Suziemay wrote:
    scotty2003 wrote:
    Cant believe they announced Leeds. The new arena has just opened and me and the wife were discussing whether they would stop here if a European tour happened. I normally travel to Manchester, which is no trouble, but to have them on my doorstep is amazing. Now I just need the tickets. Fingers crossed.
    So, I told one of my friends at work who grew up in Leeds that PJ was playing there and he was super excited, but didn't know where the arena was. So he looked it up at Googlemaps and told me I should probably check to make sure it's been constructed (check out the picture on Googlemaps) lol.

Saw Vampire Weekend there a month ago and it was a great show! It's a great venue - sounded great and was really intimate because it's smaller and also I imagine any seat will be a good seat because (aside from the fact that it's PJ) the arena is rounded, so the seats are curved on (if I'm remembering properly) about half of the arena wall rather than the rectangular layout you get at most arenas.

SO excited about this tour - was really hoping for a Pearl Jam show next year because 2012 was filled with Pearl Jam and Eddie shows and the tour this year sounded AMAZING and looked AMAZING --- fingers crossed I get tickets.

EDIT: PS: if anyone needs a GA ticket buddy for Leeds or Milton Keynes, let me know. May be going to these shows solo.
    If I were to pick shows based on venue alone, Leeds would have been #1 on my list for sure! "13,500 capacity entertainment focused arena"? YES PLEASE!!
  • Options
    veredcn wrote:
    Just to make sure,
    If I win the lottery tomorrow, I can purchase 2 tickets to the show right? Not just one for me...

You will have purchased two in that event.
    Copenhagen 2007 / Copenhagen 2012 / Amsterdam 1 2014.
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Suziemay wrote:
    scotty2003 wrote:

Depending on how this lotto goes, I may have to take you up on the ticket buddy thing! :)
    Leeds sounds like an awesome venue! Hopefully it'll get a second show as well.
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    I've entered for both Italian shows as well. My wife and I had planned to take the kids to Italy the next time PJ played Milan. They are age 16 and 18, so old enough to appreciate all seeing several cities in Italy have to offer, yet just young enough to go on this kind of trip with their parents. Hopefully there will be enough 10C tickets to make us and so many others happy in about 24 hours. Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    Entered for Amsterdam, Milan, Trieste, Vienna and Berlin. Fingers crossed! Its going to be an expensive summer :D
    1996: Hamburg, Berlin 2000: London 1, Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester, Berlin, Hamburg, Roskilde 2003: Brisbane1+2, Sydney 1+2+3, Melbourne 1+2+3, NY 1+2, Seattle 2006: London, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Arnhem, Antwerp, Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisabon 1+2, Madrid, Marsaille, Paris, Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Torino, Pistoia, Praque, Berlin, Vienna, Zagreb 2007: Lisbon, Madrid, Munich, Vienna, London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen 2009: London, Berlin, Manchester, London, Seattle 1+2, Vancouver, Portland 2010: Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park, Berlin, Arras 2011: Montreal, Toronto 1+2, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver 2012: Amsterdam 1+2, Praque, Berlin 1+2, Copenhagen 2014: Amsterdam 1+2, Milan, Trieste, Berlin
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    Kathi wrote:
    KateA wrote:
    Thinking of going either to Amsterdam or Berlin (can't afford both unfortunately).
    Anyone experienced know what would be better option?
    I mean flight prices, getting to the venue from airport, hotel prices/nearness ?
    Thanks for any tips :)

If it's a money issue, definitely go for Berlin. You can probably get cheap flights for both cities, but Berlin is a lot less expensive than Amsterdam, especially regarding accommodation. Many cheap hostels to be found.
    The venue is in a big park in Berlin, it's a very special place. No hotels/hostels in the immediate surroundings, but if you find something that is near an s-bahn (train) going there, you'll be fine and able to get there quickly.

Thank you for your help. I've just entered for Leeds and Berlin :D I'm so exited and nervous at the same time... :crazy:
    Well, I guess we will know tomorrow. :)
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! :):):)
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    sarnocmsarnocm York, ME Posts: 81
    Just put in for Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo. This will be the first trip for my wife of 17 years and me that doesn't involve someone's wedding or a meeting. Just pure fun! I can't wait to see which tickets we get drawn for.

1993 Berkeley
    1995 SF Polo grounds
    2010 Boston
    2013 Worcester 1, Worcester 2, Hartford
    2014 Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Denver
    2015 GCF
    2016 Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2
    2017 RRHOF

2018 Wrigley 1, Fenway 1&2

2022 EV—NYC 2, Berlin, Imola, Quebec City, Camden

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,027
    Berlin and Stockholm for me. Really wanted to do Amsterdam too, but the dates are not really suitable.

Flights (cheap and non-refundable) and hotels (refundable) booked, now just need the tickets
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    mrk2 wrote:
    Berlin and Stockholm for me. Really wanted to do Amsterdam too, but the dates are not really suitable.

Flights (cheap and non-refundable) and hotels (refundable) booked, now just need the tickets

same selection here. Amsterdam would have been super, but just can't fit it to schedule.

Speaking of hotels. Any suggestions for cheap, yet ok accommodation in Berlin? Preferably not too far from the gig venue. I've never visited that city before, so I'm looking forward to it. For Stockholm leg of the trip I will probably go with some familiar hotels.. Flights I will book after xmas holidays.

And good luck to all for today's lottery! :thumbup:
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Dear Northern Hemisphere,

Is it Wednesday afternoon/evening yet?

Yours fondly,

mortonbayfig x
    Arse-end of the world

P.S. good luck in the draw everyone! :D
  • Options
    Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
    Good luck to you all. I dreamt last night that I won the actual lottery so I'll be hoping that's a good sign.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Options
    Comatosed wrote:
    Hi all. I was lucky enough to get a pair of ten club tickets to the Eddie Vedder solo show at the Opera House in Feb next year. I am going by myself so only need the one ticket. I was hoping there is someone in the same boat as me but with a ticket for the Sydney State Theatre show. Would be perfect if I could get a clean swap. Please contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tardo_2001@yahoo.com">tardo_2001@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> if you are interested.

I think you've got the wrong thread there. Try next door...
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    gmdishgmdish Plymouth Posts: 26
    Well I have everything crossed for Amsterdam and Milton Keynes. The day is dragging as each minute ticks by
    given to fly
  • Options
    In for Leeds, though I can't afford it. I know damn well they'll announce a 2nd show as soon as it sells out, but much as I'd love to, I won't be able to.

Something tells me in a few months time, when I'm a bit more flush, I'm going to be on here pathetically pleading for spares to that, or to MK...
  • Options
    veredcnveredcn Tel Aviv Posts: 43
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL !!!
    Amsterdam and Berlin >>> keeping my fingers crossed to all of you. and me.
    Amsterdam 16.6.2014 Amsterdam 17.6.2014 Berlin 26.6.2014
  • Options
    gmdish wrote:
    Well I have everything crossed for Amsterdam and Milton Keynes. The day is dragging as each minute ticks by

Yeah, it used to go so much quicker when we were bashing out the seconds on the F5 key, hearts pounding hamster-speed ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,269
    good luck to all entered the lottery
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    This year to me will be Milan, Trieste and Vienna.
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • Options
    The waiting drives me mad...
    Antwerp 2006 Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Berlin 2009 Manchester 2009 London 2009 Dublin 2010 Belfast 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Manchester I 2012 Amsterdam I 2012 Amsterdam II (Hell Yeah!!) 2012 Berlin II 2012 EV Amsterdam I 2012 Brad Utrecht 2013 Amsterdam I 2014 Amsterdam II 2014 Berlin 2014
  • Options
    Yield72 wrote:
    its sad they dont play at your country..will go for sure..great crowd,great people..
    i talked to sergio earlier seems,the promoters cant seel ticket with those prices in south europe as they can do in the north..sucks to be and concider so poor the south.the same time the crowd are better by miles
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Gold 26 wrote:
    Good luck to you all. I dreamt last night that I won the actual lottery so I'll be hoping that's a good sign.
    It will! Makes me laughing how PJ is making us completely crazy!!! :lol:
    London O2 18/08/2009
    Berlin 1 04/07/2012 Berlin 2 05/07/2012
    Milan 20/06/2014 Trieste 22/06/2014
  • Options
    JustynaJustyna Posts: 132
    I do hope that at some point they will add London to the tour - Brixton, Sheped's Bush...
    Spodek 2000, Roskilde 2000, O2 2009, Belfast 2010, Hyde Park 2010, Wuhlheide 2010, Open'er 2010, Manchester 1&2 2012 , Amsterdam 1&2 2014, Wuhlheide 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Open'er 2014, MK 2014, Amsterdam 1&2 2018, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Barcelona 2018, London 1&2 2018
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Tick tock tick tock. Is it weird that I'm nervous? I'm gonna be busy in the general time frame they said the drawing will be (that's "afternoon"in the US kids, though since I suspect they meant Seattle time, probably closer to dinner time for me) so I'm probably gonna be one of those assholes that's constantly checking their phone.

I'll probably end up dropping it into a pot of boiling water or another hot pan of some sort. :fp:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    Yield72 wrote:
    its sad they dont play at your country..will go for sure..great crowd,great people..
    i talked to sergio earlier seems,the promoters cant seel ticket with those prices in south europe as they can do in the north..sucks to be and concider so poor the south.the same time the crowd are better by miles

True. I wish for more concerts in south europe, but it seems not this year :(
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • Options
    Yield72 wrote:
    Yield72 wrote:

True. I wish for more concerts in south europe, but it seems not this year :(
    im not sure when will be the year..ok,my country will never have the honor again..so im waititng the combo of portugal-spain again,so visit you guys there..i fuckin love iberia,is my favo place at europe