Eddie Vedder - Australian Solo Tour - Shows ADDED

Comments

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    DonJon wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    DonJon wrote:
    Wow good stuff

Opera House option one followed by State Theatre.

Im just gonna brave 10c tickets and hope for the best

Hi there. We were talking about in the Pearl Jammers group on Facebook the other day. What BDO shows are you going to??
    Why hello!

Auck and Adel....may add Sydney and or Perth - depending on band announcements

Oh ok. Quite a few PJammers are going to the Adelaide BDO and would love to see you (Wozza, Rob, Stacey, Stella)

I'm going to the Gold Coast BDO and will be trying for tickets to Ed's Brisbane solo show.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Whoa! Very cool. Have fun Aussie's!

My thoughts:
    Dam thats expensive.
    If Eddie toured the US I would probably only go to 1 show..
    Why did Matt Cameron go on Hiatus from Soundgarden for Eddie to do a solo thing?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Brisbane shows fall on a sat and Sun nights, that works out well :)

I think the Sunday night show will be good.. the last show of the tour.

I'm going to buy my tickets through the Qtix general sale next week.
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    Awesome news, I'll be there in Melb

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    Kiwi In OzKiwi In Oz Canberra Posts: 266
    "$261 U.S. for 2 tickets :shock: ...that seems reasonable :?"

" $261US = 287.92 Aus....$143.96 local currency per ticket...Is that standard for current shows of any band in Australia? WTF"

I think generally Aussie ticket prices are steep!
    Usually between AUD$100-150 depending on performer.
    I think PJ was around AUD$135 inc bf in 2009. I also thought EV was around AUD$120-130 in 2011?

I don't like it but that's the way it is out here :?
    1995 - Auckland, New Zealand
    1998 - Wellington + Auckland, New Zealand
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2006 - Melbourne, Australia x 3
    2009 - Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2011 - PJ20 & EV Brisbane 2, Canberra, Melbourne x 2, Adelaide 1, Perth 2
    2013 - San Diego, Los Angeles, Oakland, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle
    2014 - Auckland, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney & EV - Sydney x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    2016 - Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Hampton, Fenway x 2
    2023 - Fort Worth x 2, Austin x 2
  • Options
    Aw. Shit, ed, come to Canada would you? Good for all those down under, tho. I guess you can't really surf lake Winnipeg,but still!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Hi there. We were talking about in the Pearl Jammers group on Facebook the other day. What BDO shows are you going to??[/quote]
    Why hello!

Auck and Adel....may add Sydney and or Perth - depending on band announcements[/quote]

Oh ok. Quite a few PJammers are going to the Adelaide BDO and would love to see you (Wozza, Rob, Stacey, Stella)

I'm going to the Gold Coast BDO and will be trying for tickets to Ed's Brisbane solo show.[/quote]

And seeing me they most definitely will.....will be great.

Good old Adelaide. Booked same apartments as we all stayed in 2009.

Have fun at Goldie. We will fit right in at BDO with our age :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Did.not.see.this.coming. Well played to all involved. Fingers and toes crossed for ballot...
  • Options
    mgr76mgr76 Posts: 7
    Hey that's cool, but where is Adelaide on the tour?
    heal the world with duct tape
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    DonJon wrote:
    And seeing me they most definitely will.....will be great.

Good old Adelaide. Booked same apartments as we all stayed in 2009.

Have fun at Goldie. We will fit right in at BDO with our age :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Which is why I am going to get there about an hour before PJ's set when it's dark outside. I don't want to look like someone's mum. :D
    Post edited by EKluvsPJ on
  • Options
    dj75dj75 Posts: 7
    Devastated there is no Adelaide show. Really surprised by that.

Can anyone tell me what to expect from an Eddie solo show? I went to the Ukulele show at Thebarton Theatre. Would this be the same? Will he do PJ songs? I wonder if he will cover the music he recently discovered from his dad? That would be cool.
  • Options
    Terryible wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Wow

Sydney opera house :D

That'll be Amazing

Nah, it's State Theatre, which is still a pretty nice location. I saw his three shows last time there.

http://www.statetheatre.com.au/

http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/whatson ... edder.aspx

Wow, that is awesome! The media I saw shows State Theatre.
  • Options
    Well have just submitted for the ten club pre sale Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please. let it be...... :D:D
  • Options
    AlfonzAlfonz Posts: 125
    As far as ticket prices go, everything is ridiculously expensive in Australia. For our American friends, a 24-pack of Budweiser or Corona will set you back about $50 (if you get a good deal). A pint of beer will cost $10 (or more) in a bar in Perth.

So glad I've moved to Austin. Bands that come through here and charge $15-$20 ... if they make it to Oz it will be $40-$50. Once you go out to the $600 Rolling Stones tickets, prices are about the same.

One thing ... Eddie is already in the country, and so I don't think he needs to bump up the prices. It's still worth it to me, but still. Not a bad effort for him to make a few million bucks in a few weeks with just a suitcase, surfboard and a few guitars to carry around.

Was going back to Perth for a month in February, so I'm glad I'll be able to see him. Filthy that I'm going to miss the BDO due to bastard airlines charging $1k more to leave on 31st January compared with 1st February.
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    I bet everyone in sydney puts Opera House as first preference. Though I have little faith in quality seats being handed out to (most of) the winners. Considering I picked up 2nd row through TM in 2011, and all my other public bought tickets were better than what i got through 10c... maybe shouldn't even bother with lottery... it's more a convenience thing nowadays.
    Still would rather be seeing PJ (no bdo for me).
  • Options
    So god damn excited. Pearl Jam at BDO Gold Coast & Sydney...and now hopefully Eddie solo in Brisbane. 2014 the best year of live music.
  • Options
    loffy81loffy81 Posts: 153
    fuck yeh!!! Was so pumped for Gold Coast and Melbourne BDO now Eddie solo shows.. I need a shot of whiskey and a joint to calm me down. Christmas, Pearl Jam, Eddie shows = no money but who cares, good times ahead.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Alfonz wrote:
    One thing ... Eddie is already in the country, and so I don't think he needs to bump up the prices. It's still worth it to me, but still. Not a bad effort for him to make a few million bucks in a few weeks with just a suitcase, surfboard and a few guitars to carry around..

You think Eddie still carries his own guitars around?!?! :lol: just kidding

Sounds like the routine EV ticket lotto... Your seats will most likely be nothing to brag about. There's a difference when that's the case for an instant sell out show and one that doesn't sell out for 8 months like the show I went to last year... I'm sure Australia will be popular shows especially with all those surprise Springsteen appearances! ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,305
    Awesome news!!!

I've only entered for the Sydney shows as the budget won't stretch to travelling interstate unfortunately. EV at the State Theatre was awesome in 2011, and so was Chris Cornell at the Opera House. They're both great venues for a solo show. The 10C seats I had for EV Sydney 2 weren't great but at least I was in the room, that's what counts.

Good luck everyone, fingers crossed! :D
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Yipee............fingers and toes crossed.

This is awesome news, I really hope I get tickets :corn: :corn: :corn:
  • Options
    loffy81loffy81 Posts: 153
    Brisbane 22nd of feb is also the soundwave festival if any one was going, make sure you go for the 23rd if you want to do both!
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Perhaps Eddie's solo shows give the stage enough time to be shipped to say...Hawaii? :corn:
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    loffy81 wrote:
    Brisbane 22nd of feb is also the soundwave festival if any one was going, make sure you go for the 23rd if you want to do both!
    good point i got soundwave ticket which i was thinking about selling looks lke it definitely for sale now, any takers?
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    We can only get 1 pair of tickets to 1 show - which I suppose is fair to ensure everyone gets a shot to see a show.
    From memory last time, the QPAC website crashed when trying to get tickets to the Brisbane shows - should be an interesting day when they go on sale to public. Wonder if Chugg will have a presale as well?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    No Coder wrote:
    From memory last time, the QPAC website crashed when trying to get tickets to the Brisbane shows - should be an interesting day when they go on sale to public. Wonder if Chugg will have a presale as well?

Oh no.. really? I had no problem getting Cornell solo tickets through them in 2011 and was amazed to get 6th row.
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    E.K wrote:
    No Coder wrote:

Oh no.. really? I had no problem getting Cornell solo tickets through them in 2011 and was amazed to get 6th row.

Yeah - I know I had a few issues with selecting seats then it returned to front screen (I know of a couple of others as well) - Hopefully its improved now. I hate the stress of getting tix
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    Fingers Crossed for tickets in draw
    Off He Goes - The Jammer
  • Options
    No Coder wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    No Coder wrote:

Yeah - I know I had a few issues with selecting seats then it returned to front screen (I know of a couple of others as well) - Hopefully its improved now. I hate the stress of getting tix

We should be ok for Brissie. I think the Sydney shows (especially the one at the Opera House) are going to be harder to get.
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    I wonder who will open?! Gareth Liddiard would be fucking amazing, but is too good to open for anyone.

On a side note... Pearl Jam DEFINITELY should be made aware of THE DRONES and watch them at the Big Day Out. Best band in Australia now!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    vollmie32 wrote:
    So god damn excited. Pearl Jam at BDO Gold Coast & Sydney...and now hopefully Eddie solo in Brisbane. 2014 the best year of live music.

+1
    I also bought John Butler Trio tickets in the pre-sale this morning! Jan/Feb/Mar 2014... why now u dont hurry-upping?!