Options

Eddie Vedder - Australian Solo Tour - Shows ADDED

Comments

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Wow..kind of suprised..thought he was done with the solo gigs for a while..did he do Australia before?? Probably a vacation more or less to keep fresh with a few gigs...would like to hear the electric come out a bit more.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Wma31394 wrote:
    Wow..kind of suprised..thought he was done with the solo gigs for a while..did he do Australia before?? Probably a vacation more or less to keep fresh with a few gigs...would like to hear the electric come out a bit more.
    That was my first thought ... an excellent way to fund a vacation to Australia. I'd do the same thing if I had the skills to pay the bills.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Wma31394 wrote:

yeah did a full Aussie tour in 2011
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    totally a way to fund his vacation. Bullshit, yeah let the fans pay for my 6 weeks (2 w/PJ and 4 solo) surfing vacation in Australia.

it's getting pretty old
  • Options
    um, I don't think he needs the fans to subsidize his vacation, people. maybe he just likes touring there.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    um, I don't think he needs the fans to subsidize his vacation, people. maybe he just likes touring there.

no he doesn't, that's the issue I have, the tour pays for his hotel and travel arrangements, probably all the meals, thus pretty much a free vacation
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196

no he doesn't, that's the issue I have, the tour pays for his hotel and travel arrangements, probably all the meals, thus pretty much a free vacation

What's it of our business how he funds his holidays ... Or spends any of his dough for that matter :/ ... If you have such an issue with it ... Just don't go see him ... Then you're not helping him ... I'm sure everyone else who IS going to see him couldn't give a rats how he choses to fund his travels
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    Emm wrote:

What's it of our business how he funds his holidays ... Or spends any of his dough for that matter :/ ... If you have such an issue with it ... Just don't go see him ... Then you're not helping him ... I'm sure everyone else who IS going to see him couldn't give a rats how he choses to fund his travels

oh no I completely understand those who are going to see him, if it were here in Philly, I would be there. It just must be nice not to have to pay for your vacation.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Haha I simply said vacationing.. Funding?? Lol
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,851

no he doesn't,

:lol::lol::lol:
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    GotMyLeash wrote:
    omg so happy for this, but my wife is due on Feb 11th...she said yes I can go!!! I love you honey

Double cool man :thumbup:
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,033
    totally a way to fund his vacation. Bullshit, yeah let the fans pay for my 6 weeks (2 w/PJ and 4 solo) surfing vacation in Australia.

it's getting pretty old

And who are you? IRS??? I can't believe this post! :fp:

He doesn't steal or take donations from the fans to pay for his vacations. His money is well earned by performing for his fans. He can do whatever he pleases with the money he's earned.
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,965

it's getting pretty old

Ed prob wouldn't have to work another day in his whole life. My take is with only 5 Aussie PJ shows being the BDO he's prob rewarding kick ass Aussie fans that have supported he and the band since day 1 with some great intimate respectful rock in' fucking shows! And to be honest I don't give a flying f$&@ if I was paying for his kids tuition fees! It's Ed and the music I wanna hear and see!!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    I'm entitled to my opinion, and God forbid anybody say anything about Ed that doesn't praise the ground he walks on.

I love the man, I love the band, just telling how I feel

not the first time he's done this. I understand, he's there, might as well give the fans what they want, which is always more. I understand that completely.
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 582
    I'm entitled to my opinion, and God forbid anybody say anything about Ed that doesn't praise the ground he walks on.

not the first time he's done this. I understand, he's there, might as well give the fans what they want, which is always more. I understand that completely.

Yeah what a prick that Eddie Vedder is. Playing concerts during a holiday. Terrible.

:?:
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    Wma31394 wrote:

For me, pleasantly surprised! Other than a PJ show, it is fantastic to see Ed solo. I hope he keeps doing it between band tours and comes back to the Northeast!!!
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,033
    JK109224 wrote:

Yeah what a prick that Eddie Vedder is. Playing concerts during a holiday. Terrible.

:?:

Yeah, and he's a prick for spending HIS OWN money to pay for his vacation... :lol:
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    -Emma- wrote:
    Emm wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:
    I think the Opera House show will be very difficult to get tickets for...the last time I tried to buy tickets from the Opera House (for Flight of the Conchords) it was absolutely impossible to get a ticket and they pretty much sold out instantly.

I had success with ticketmaster for EV when I intentionally chose to buy tickets for the third show, in the hope that other people would be trying for the first show. I'm not sure if my theory was correct, but I ended up with incredible seats.

Ok, i might try and shoot for that then and withdraw my 10club lotto entry ... just prey I don't miss out all together :think:

What preferences did you put in for the 10C lottery?

I only need single tickets so I think I will just buy directly. If 10C offered single tickets I would try for the Opera House, then buy from ticketmaster for the state theatre or any other venues.

If I can get tickets I'm even thinking about travelling to other shows...I've been searching on expedia for flights to get an idea of the cost and looking at accommodation prices. I'll probably be lucky to get one ticket in Sydney though!
    Sorry Emma, missed that .... I put down for the two Melb shows but I need 2 tickets
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    WesCWesC Posts: 92

it's getting pretty old

Seriously? He could spend the rest of his life in Australia, never play another gig, drink $500 bottles of wine daily and still have enough money leftover. If you think he's really thinking about doing solo gigs to "fund" a 6 week vacation, you my friend are mistaken about how much this guy has.
    6/30/06 Milwaukee 8/23/09 Chicago 05/03/10 Kansas City 09/03/11 Alpine Valley 09/04/11 Alpine Valley 11/16/13 Oklahoma City
    11/19/13 Phoenix 11/29/13 Portland 10/03/14 St. Louis 10/17/14 Moline 10/19/14 St. Paul 04/26/16 Lexington 08/07/16 Boston
    08/22/16 Chicago 08/08/18 Seattle 08/10/18 Seattle 08/13/18 Missoula 08/18/18 Chicago
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    WesC wrote:

it's getting pretty old

Seriously? He could spend the rest of his life in Australia, never play another gig, drink $500 bottles of wine daily and still have enough money leftover. If you think he's really thinking about doing solo gigs to "fund" a 6 week vacation, you my friend are mistaken about how much this guy has.

yeah unless he's got a serious coke, heroin and gambling addiction, i don't think he needs to fund anything. He obviously likes Australia and surfing of course. And the Aussie's seem to love him, so why not hang around. Yes, he will make a butt load of money, but theres nothing wrong with that. I personally think that EV is much better with Pearl Jam, but who cares? people want to see the man and hear his magical voice. Go EV!!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,701
    BrainofBGA wrote:
    Ed prob wouldn't have to work another day in his whole life. My take is with only 5 Aussie PJ shows being the BDO he's prob rewarding kick ass Aussie fans that have supported he and the band since day 1 with some great intimate respectful rock in' fucking shows! And to be honest I don't give a flying f$&@ if I was paying for his kids tuition fees! It's Ed and the music I wanna hear and see!!

Exactly. Ed loves Australia, has mentioned before that he has a lot of friends here and also appreciates his Australian fans. He will be working a lot of the time he is here anyway, not having a holiday. Ed can stay here as long as he wants. 8-)
  • Options
    "...see the man and hear his magical voice"

This.

Here's to sweet waves every day of his Oz tour so that he's stoked at every show!
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
  • Options
    I'd really love to see an Adelaide date. Honestly, we have no right to bitch after that truly spectacular last show at Thebby, which was probably one of the best shows I've ever seen by anyone.

Ed has been consistently outspoken about Adelaide being special, and has delivered some truly special shows here, so it is very surprising that it's not on the itinerary.

There were some jerks yelling requests at the last show, but he told them they could have their money back to go away, and the crowd backed him up. And then he played Blackbird, Hide Your Love Away, and I Got You, and it was the greatest thing ever.

I really hope they are able to work it out.
  • Options
    Hmm, what to do, what to do...

Threw my name in the hat for the Melbourne show on the 18th. I just want to be there. I don't usually like doing the eBay thing, but Eddie is the one man I would go to the dark side for if I had to. Everything is crossed in hopes I come up with two tickets one way or another.

Good luck one and all with your ticket quests.
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    I'd really love to see an Adelaide date. Honestly, we have no right to bitch after that truly spectacular last show at Thebby, which was probably one of the best shows I've ever seen by anyone.

Ed has been consistently outspoken about Adelaide being special, and has delivered some truly special shows here, so it is very surprising that it's not on the itinerary.

There were some jerks yelling requests at the last show, but he told them they could have their money back to go away, and the crowd backed him up. And then he played Blackbird, Hide Your Love Away, and I Got You, and it was the greatest thing ever.

Great post! Adelaide really loves you Ed, please please pleeeeeeease visit here, I personally promise to slap anyone who shouts out stupid dumb arse requests or tells you to take your gear off. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    PLEASE REMEMBER US HERE IN LEMONADE... GATORADE... ADELAIDE!!!!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:

Great post! Adelaide really loves you Ed, please please pleeeeeeease visit here, I personally promise to slap anyone who shouts out stupid dumb arse requests or tells you to take your gear off. ;)
    ^^^^ this!
    1995 • 2006 • 2009 • Adelaide
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
    2010 • Madison Square Garden
  • Options
    GotMyLeash wrote:
    omg so happy for this, but my wife is due on Feb 11th...she said yes I can go!!! I love you honey

This is very cute. : ) I'm another that's thankful for my very understanding spouse.
  • Options
    Will be cool as was in 2011 but is Adelaide being bypassed due to our surf? Sign the petition to get him to Adelaide. http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bri ... laide.html
  • Options
    andrewstr wrote:
    Will be cool as was in 2011 but is Adelaide being bypassed due to our surf? Sign the petition to get him to Adelaide. http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bri ... laide.html
    Love it! Signed and going to pop this link on my thread. I've tweeted the link too!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2