Friend at work just cutting me off for no known reason

12346»

Comments

• some words when spoken....can't be taken back.
    I feel like if she was a true friend, she wouldn't have ditched you like that no matter what
    the circumstances were. You can't figure people out, worry about yourself for the New Year
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• some words when spoken....can't be taken back.
    I feel like if she was a true friend, she wouldn't have ditched you like that no matter what
    the circumstances were. You can't figure people out, worry about yourself for the New Year

Don't be a pushover, OP! There's nothing more appealing than a person with a spine. Don't fall for any tricks from this girl. It appears that she may merely be using you when it's convenient.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    some words when spoken....can't be taken back.
    That's my reaction too. Here you are calling yourself an asshole and feeling guilty and oh so sorry for her and everything.... Sorry, but SHE is the asshole here, no matter what might have happened to a friend of hers. I can't believe how easy it was for her to draw you back in when she happened to feel like it after treating you so poorly for so long and after everything that has happened. This chick has you absolutely wrapped around her little finger! I think you should stay the hell away from her! She sounds like a man-eater!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
    so heres where we are now, he was all up in arms about what he perceived as an "dumping" by his friend. Was going to blah blah blah. Now he finds out something WAS in fact going on but not what he thought it was. So he feels like an asshole.

Guess what folks. It doesnt matter what happens in his life. He uses it as an excuse to be an asshole to himself. Period.

Forgive but I'm a little pissed. He has answered EVERY single other post usually with soem excuse or other BS reason to discount whats offered, but I post something that connects him with others who walk in his shoes and can give support that no one else can and it gets ignored. He doesnt want help. he wants attention and the sympathy that comes from this place.

Good luck, go sell that story to the papers, cuz I'm no longer buying it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    so heres where we are now, he was all up in arms about what he perceived as an "dumping" by his friend. Was going to blah blah blah. Now he finds out something WAS in fact going on but not what he thought it was. So he feels like an asshole.

Guess what folks. It doesnt matter what happens in his life. He uses it as an excuse to be an asshole to himself. Period.

Forgive but I'm a little pissed. He has answered EVERY single other post usually with soem excuse or other BS reason to discount whats offered, but I post something that connects him with others who walk in his shoes and can give support that no one else can and it gets ignored. He doesnt want help. he wants attention and the sympathy that comes from this place.

Good luck, go sell that story to the papers, cuz I'm no longer buying it.

Sorry if I have pissed you off, I am not after sympathy, just advice.
    This place is full of great people with good advice.
    I am seeking advice here because I have nowhere else to receive it.
    I am very confused by this situation and don't know how to handle it right now.
    How am I an asshole to myself? I'm hurt for being treated how I've been treated but I understand if someone is going through a tough time that they cannot be there.

I don't know if I should be upset at her or not, I feel bad she's lost someone recently.
    But how recent I don't know, I should have asked her.
    She started acting weird a while ago, but her text said she's had a lot going on in her life recently, I guess the passing of her friend was one of them.

I still have a strong feeling she is having something going on with our colleague.
    In a way I was starting to get over it and feel better lately, now I feel like I am back to where I was when I started this thread, kind of wish I didn't get a text, I regret opening up so much during our phone chat.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014