Options

Dear Pearl Jam, let's re-think this whole GA thing..

Comments

• Options
    Faithful_DaughterFaithful_Daughter West Chester, PA Posts: 23
    I couldn't agree more. Went to 2 seated and 1 GA show and strongly prefer reserved seating. Hands down a better way to handle ticket sales and to enjoy the shows. Thanks.
    03: Philly 4/28, Camden 7/6, Hershey 7/12, Holmdel 7/14 
    04: Reading 10/1, Washington, DC 10/11 
    05: Philly 10/3
    06: Camden 5/27 & 28, East Rutherford 6/3
    08: Camden 6/19 & 20 
    09: Philly 10/27, 28, 30 & 31
    10: Newark 5/18 
    13: Philly 10/21 & 22, Baltimore 10/27 
    16: Philly 4/28 & 29, NYC 5/1 
    17: Brooklyn Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony 4/7
    20: Toronto 3/18, Baltimore 3/28, NYC 3/30 
    Eddie Vedder-09: Philly 6/11 & 12; 11: Philly 6/25
    Tres Mountains-11: Philly 3/23 
    Temple of the Dog-16: Philly 11/4 & 5, NYC 11/7
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,638
    MS130304 wrote:
    I couldn't agree more. Went to 2 seated and 1 GA show and strongly prefer reserved seating. Hands down a better way to handle ticket sales and to enjoy the shows. Thanks.
    But not everyone feels that way. Many would say the exact opposite. Which is why having a GA pit makes so much sense. The people who prefer having a seat can have a seat. The people who prefer the pit can be in the pit. If it's all reserved seating, then only the seat people get their preference. With a pit, EVERYONE gets their preference.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    MS130304 wrote:
    But not everyone feels that way. Many would say the exact opposite. Which is why having a GA pit makes so much sense. The people who prefer having a seat can have a seat. The people who prefer the pit can be in the pit. If it's all reserved seating, then only the seat people get their preference. With a pit, EVERYONE gets their preference.

Not if they don't win tickets, they don't.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    GA people can go to festivals
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I like the lottery. :D
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    But not everyone feels that way. Many would say the exact opposite.
  • Options
    meganamram.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yeah, no shit. I was just saying what I think personally. The thing is, GA pit and the lottery have something in common. They are both the most fair system overall.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    GA people can go to festivals
    Why the fuck should we have to do that??
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yeah, no shit. I was just saying what I think personally. The thing is, GA pit and the lottery have something in common. They are both the most fair system overall.

Yet, you are wrong.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    MS130304 wrote:

Not if they don't win tickets, they don't.
    That is ALWAYS the case no matter what. There are more fans than tickets. No matter what system you use, that will be true.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yet, you are wrong.
    I don't think so.... and I guess lucky for me, neither does 10C. ;)
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    meganamram.jpg
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    meganamram.jpg
    Wtf is this bullshit?? Are you guys serious? So fucking rude.
  • Options
    TT98TT98 Posts: 135
    I like GA for the reason i'm not 200 feet from the stage when I pay the same, (or more) for a membership than everyone else. It gives the younger crowd a chance to get closer and have a better experience as well. If you prefer sitting with your 100xxx number then get reserved right beside stage. I joined back in 2007 when I was 20, should that mean I have to sit in 30th row or worse just because I was born 10-20 years later than everyone else? there is no doubt that this is the most fair way to go about it, the lottery system for 4 rows is not enough, you could go to 10 shows and never win it. If anything they should make seating completely random, or stay the way it is with a small pit a 1/3 of the floor is perfect, possibly more to accommodate everyones 1st priority . You could still get seats right behind pit and be the equivalent to row 20 at a reserved seating show, which is closer than I ever got at my 3 previous shows. Keep it the way it is please :D
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    shortstack wrote:
    meganamram.jpg

omg, i'm sorry! i didn't mean this for you specifically! ... just how i'm feeling about the whole issue.
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

omg, i'm sorry! i didn't mean this for you specifically! ... just how i'm feeling about the whole issue.

Oh, okay, GOOD! My feelings were actually hurt on this one! :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    shortstack wrote:

Oh, okay, GOOD! My feelings were actually hurt on this one! :lol:

aw! :oops:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    shortstack wrote:
    meganamram.jpg

:lol::lol: wtf i just spit my water all over the screen ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    meganamram.jpg

I did.

:lol:
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I did.

:| Real nice buddy.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    shortstack wrote:

I did.

Sometimes a picture displays better than what could be said. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I did.

Nice to know how you feel about me I guess.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Ok, I'll just say it. You're annoying sometimes!!!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

And you're an asshole most of the time, soooo....

Sorry that someone who doesn't agree with you annoys you. You must feel annoyed a LOT.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    shortstack wrote:
    shortstack wrote:
    everyone is going to be "for" whatever benefits them personally

locked.

This.

Everyone is me me me me me me. You think this band didn't give enough back to its fans. Did anyone at any point think about what the BAND wants? To them, I'm sure they don't give a crap who's up front. Fans, especially fan club fans, are interchangeable. So your pleas are in vain. And I'm sure a bit petty.

I would speculate that if we asked the BAND, they wanted GA back for the energy. Thats it. And the amount of energy in the GA pit has made a larger impact, I would dare say. Eddie also seems to like to give people with bad seats a chance for good seats (countless evidence during this tour and Eddie's tours where he's upgraded people).

So, does the BAND want the same fan club fans from ten club birth to 1994 in the front all the time? Sorry, if you actually thought about it, I would say no. So sorry you feel entitled to awesome seats every show you go to because you happened to send $5 to the fan club in 1992. I don't think that makes you any more privileged then any of the rest of us who love this band just as much, or even those who may NOT but MAY if they have an experience close to the stage.

thank you for quoting me :thumbup: but i disagree with everything you've said here.

Oh well, to each their own. Back to your original point, people are just going to petition for what benefits them the most. I think everyone has decent points, and there is no real "right" answer. You can't be fair to everyone who is short/tall/sick/healthy/old/young/been in the 10c for 1 day vs 20 yrs. I still think joining the 10c in the beginning is a poor entitlement excuse for great seat always. There are plenty of fans who love the band but just didn't join the 10c, or their membership lapsed, or they got into them later. Doesn't mean they are lesser fans and should always be seated behind those "worthy" fans.

I was just trying to think from the perspective of the band and what they want, since their opinion matters too!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Honestly do not go in to GA thinking its going to be a nice relaxing time. Most people know what GA is all about. I suggest you look for a nice reserved seat. And let the GA people mash it out in the finest way possible.
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    meganamram.jpg

:lol::lol: wtf i just spit my water all over the screen ...

Me too! I'm using this one somewhere. :lol:
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Sorry that someone who doesn't agree with you annoys you. You must feel annoyed a LOT.

I believe calling someone names is against the rules... :?

Consider yourself "Foed".
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I believe calling someone names is against the rules... :?
    What, like calling someone annoying and posting a photo meant to humiliate her? :roll:
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Go for reserved seats next time. Let those who enjoy the GA section enjoy it :)
    :clap:
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com