Options

Dear Pearl Jam, let's re-think this whole GA thing..

Comments

• Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Keep GA

People with low 10C numbers had plenty of opportunities to be close to the stage. Now make them earn it.

I'm all with you on "earning" stuff... so let's get rid of the ticket lottery too and go back to F5!

But what about the people with mid-range 10C numbers that patiently waited for their seats to get better in the existing system, who suddenly get worse seats because of the GA pit? Those people have never had the opportunities to get close to the stage, and most likely are now old enough that they don't want to fight the GA crowd.
    Vision........nah you lack any idea of what makes a good show and are only thinking of number 1.

FAIL. I've seen PJ more than 50 times, and at least 100 other concerts. I'm pretty sure I know what makes a good concert, and it's not fighting a bunch of pretentious drunk idiots in a GA pit. My location in relation to the stage isn't going to make or break whether the show is good. Have you ever wondered what you were missing at a concert while you were obsessing about your ticket location?

I also don't have a great 10C number, so I'm obviously not just "thinking of number 1". In fact I frequently advocate positions on this board that do not benefit me, but are fair and consistent.
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    95% of tickets trades are people want to give their seated tix for GA...

That's just simple supply and demand. If the entire floor was 10C GA, and a small amount of side stage seats were 10C seated, you would see the opposite.
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:
    Vision........nah you lack any idea of what makes a good show and are only thinking of number 1.

FAIL. I've seen PJ more than 50 times, and at least 100 other concerts. I'm pretty sure I know what makes a good concert, and it's not fighting a bunch of pretentious drunk idiots in a GA pit. My location in relation to the stage isn't going to make or break whether the show is good. Have you ever wondered what you were missing at a concert while you were obsessing about your ticket location?

I also don't have a great 10C number, so I'm obviously not just "thinking of number 1". In fact I frequently advocate positions on this board that do not benefit me, but are fair and consistent.

WELL DONE, you saw them 50 times.
    If you wanna pull out dicks and start measuring them how about I have toured the world playing in bands, I've played gigs in a ton of different countries to my own, as well as my own and I've lost count of how many gigs I've either been to or played. I know what makes a good gig and all floor standing is it. Like someone said previously seats in front of the stage is for dinosaur rock acts and I don't think we are quite there yet.

Sorry to pull the "rock credentials" card out but you went there and that is my retort ;)

Sounds like you had a pretty bad time in GA and if it was your first time then you are more than welcome to question it?

I saw 4 shows from this last tour and night 1 Brooklyn I was in the gods behind the stage. I enjoyed that just as much as the other three. I don't obsess over ticket locations.

btw, I enjoy a good debate on this so no hard feelings :corn:

I am intrigued as to why people would prefer seats in front of the stage rather than standing. You are going to stand anyway so whats the problem? Do you need to own that 1foot of space around you to feel safe and secure. By the sounds of it, even in seats drunk assholes exist. I had a guy spewing up in front of me in seats for the whole of Philly 1.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,924
    jrnyc wrote:
    The list cartel needs to be broken. It is very clear there were traveling bands of PJ fans who dominated the front of the pit night after night. How about people who have jobs and kids who would like to up front but can't because they have adult responsibilities? They should have a shot at being up front without having to be on a sidewalk all day.

Springsteen system puts the list cartel out of business and gives all fans a shot at rail, not just the lunatics who spend their whole day on the sidewalk.

couldn't agree more with this.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Granted, I only went to 3 shows this tour and had General Admission for all 3 and it worked out great. I put in the time and effort to get up front and it paid off all 3 times.
    I've been to, literally, hundreds of general admission gigs and it's pretty simple... don't be a dick.
    Don't cut in line because that is a dick move. Just get in line... make friends with the people before you and the people after you and basically... that's it.
    And once inside, find a spot where you can enjoy the show. Don't be a dick and shove little girls out of your way like a pussy who pushes girls around but would never try that shit on a guy.
    And girls... when you walk into the venue... pay attention. If you walk up and stand behind a guy that is 6'1"' tall and don't notice he is 6'1" tall because you have your pretty little (but stupid) nose buried in your fucking iPhone the entire time, until the main act comes on... then, complain that you are staring into the back of a shirt that is worn by a guy that is fucking 6'1" tall. It's not his fault he is tall... or you are short. It is YOUR fucking fault for being a dumb-fuck that doesn't pay attention to where you are.
    In most cases, people are cool. If a mosh pit breaks out, oh, well... what can you do? But, if a dude tries to bumrush the stage, trust me... there are plenty of guys in the mix that'll shove him back.
    Personally... I like the the General Admission. it give everyone a chance and those who want to put in the time should get the best seat.
    Also, if you want to travel and enjoy the sights of other cities... that's on you. Just because you are a tourist doesn't mean the locals should abide to your whims.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,852
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I was in GA for Portland & Spokane. Picked up my tickets & popped around the cities until about 30 minutes before Mudhoney went on. Casually walked down & was 10-15 "rows" back. I was stoked. No need to wait in line overnight unless you really want to be up front.

Got GA in Portland too (along with LA2). Didn't bother queuing all day, joined the line at between 5:30 and 6:00 and was second row on Stone's side both nights. If you want the rail, then queue all day, if you want to be within the next 2-8 rows, then just show up when the doors open.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Eraserhead wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I was in GA for Portland & Spokane. Picked up my tickets & popped around the cities until about 30 minutes before Mudhoney went on. Casually walked down & was 10-15 "rows" back. I was stoked. No need to wait in line overnight unless you really want to be up front.

Got GA in Portland too (along with LA2). Didn't bother queuing all day, joined the line at between 5:30 and 6:00 and was second row on Stone's side both nights. If you want the rail, then queue all day, if you want to be within the next 2-8 rows, then just show up when the doors open.
    And there you have it.
    That is basically it. The people who get there early have one thing in mind... to get a spot on the railing. That's it. And the railing can only accomodate so many people.
    If you don't mind being a couple of people back, go to the parties... see the sights of the city... do whatever.
    it's the shitheads that think they deserve both, a reserved spot on the rail after going to the parties, seeing the sights of the cities... because they are the biggest fans of all.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,852
    Yefa wrote:
    There were line checks at specific times (which were announced to all who were there) so all would know when the next one was. If you missed 1 line check you no longer had a number & had to get a new (worse) one if you so chose to get a number again. Here is when the line checks were held: 6am, 9am, 11:30am, 2pm, 4pm, 5pm. As you can see, it would be impossible to go enjoy the tourist sites of Seattle & make it back for the next line check.

What if the line-check police went off all day drinking and sightseeing....?! :shock: :shock:
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Eraserhead wrote:
    Yefa wrote:
    There were line checks at specific times (which were announced to all who were there) so all would know when the next one was. If you missed 1 line check you no longer had a number & had to get a new (worse) one if you so chose to get a number again. Here is when the line checks were held: 6am, 9am, 11:30am, 2pm, 4pm, 5pm. As you can see, it would be impossible to go enjoy the tourist sites of Seattle & make it back for the next line check.

What if the line-check police went off all day drinking and sightseeing....?! :shock: :shock:
    That's nanny-state line Nazism bullshit. We are fucking ADULTS... we don't need anyone's fantasy of self-imposed authority to oversee us. Those are the assholes that fuck shit up.
    Quit being fucking Nazi-esque assholes... that's why people think you are assholes... because you are acting like an asshole.
    Also... if you want to see the sights of Seattle... get there a day before or stay a day later. Commit the show day to the show.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    MG79478 wrote:

But what about the people with mid-range 10C numbers that patiently waited for their seats to get better in the existing system, who suddenly get worse seats because of the GA pit? Those people have never had the opportunities to get close to the stage, and most likely are now old enough that they don't want to fight the GA crowd.
    number 1". In fact I frequently advocate positions on this board that do not benefit me, but are fair and consistent.

I'm all with you on "earning" stuff... so let's get rid of the ticket lottery too and go back to F5!

Im in this boat. Was pleased my location would improve over time. Was hoping to someday hit the "lottery". Now with this new GA section, my location is seriously downgraded.

I would happily go for GA. Probably would do what many will do and create a new account for my wife and go for GA ticket because 500xxx 10c number now doesnt matter, then my account would go for reserved.

If I got GA I would have no problem doing the time and waiting all day. But then I would stress out about pushy list people, assholes who "cut", and incompetent staff/terrible entry system. Then once in the pit have to constantly worry about people trying to push in front of me. Im 5'5" so being in the back of GA isnt a great option. I also dont feel like "pushing back" or being an asshole myself. Before we know it, we are 4 songs in.

I would be much more down with GA if the band put out some universal organization to the entry system. Something like the "Springsteen system" would be great.

I also think that they should have 3 categories: GA, Reserved, and Reserved Floor.

I think that they should also "chop" GA into a few tiers with a limited number of people allowed in each.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Im in this boat. Was pleased my location would improve over time. Was hoping to someday hit the "lottery". Now with this new GA section, my location is seriously downgraded.

I would happily go for GA. Probably would do what many will do and create a new account for my wife and go for GA ticket because 500xxx 10c number now doesnt matter, then my account would go for reserved.

If I got GA I would have no problem doing the time and waiting all day. But then I would stress out about pushy list people, assholes who "cut", and incompetent staff/terrible entry system. Then once in the pit have to constantly worry about people trying to push in front of me. Im 5'5" so being in the back of GA isnt a great option. I also dont feel like "pushing back" or being an asshole myself. Before we know it, we are 4 songs in.

I would be much more down with GA if the band put out some universal organization to the entry system. Something like the "Springsteen system" would be great.

I also think that they should have 3 categories: GA, Reserved, and Reserved Floor.

I think that they should also "chop" GA into a few tiers with a limited number of people allowed in each.
    You know what would solve your problem?
    Go back to ONE Pair of fan club tickets per tour.
    The same people that fill the seated configuration would no longer get every show up front. They would still get the greatest seats... for one show. And they can still go to 100 shows per tour, they'll just have to deal with the TicketMonster... and so would the rest of us.
    And abolish the 'Rows 1,2,9,10-Lottery' until they can demonstrate to the community that it is truely a fair and random lottery.
    My feeling is this... people would not travel to places like Oklahoma City and the fans closest to Oklahoma City would get the best seats... which they SHOULD. Now, if a fan member with a low number that lives in Los Angeles decides to pick Oklahoma City... then he spends his pick on Oklahoma City and forfeits the other cities. Sure, he would more the locals back, but only by 2 seats, not 20 rows.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    Cosmo wrote:
    Granted, I only went to 3 shows this tour and had General Admission for all 3 and it worked out great. I put in the time and effort to get up front and it paid off all 3 times.
    I've been to, literally, hundreds of general admission gigs and it's pretty simple... don't be a dick.
    Don't cut in line because that is a dick move. Just get in line... make friends with the people before you and the people after you and basically... that's it.
    And once inside, find a spot where you can enjoy the show. Don't be a dick and shove little girls out of your way like a pussy who pushes girls around but would never try that shit on a guy.
    And girls... when you walk into the venue... pay attention. If you walk up and stand behind a guy that is 6'1"' tall and don't notice he is 6'1" tall because you have your pretty little (but stupid) nose buried in your fucking iPhone the entire time, until the main act comes on... then, complain that you are staring into the back of a shirt that is worn by a guy that is fucking 6'1" tall. It's not his fault he is tall... or you are short. It is YOUR fucking fault for being a dumb-fuck that doesn't pay attention to where you are.
    In most cases, people are cool. If a mosh pit breaks out, oh, well... what can you do? But, if a dude tries to bumrush the stage, trust me... there are plenty of guys in the mix that'll shove him back.
    Personally... I like the the General Admission. it give everyone a chance and those who want to put in the time should get the best seat.
    Also, if you want to travel and enjoy the sights of other cities... that's on you. Just because you are a tourist doesn't mean the locals should abide to your whims.

well said Cosmo....
  • Options
    I loved the GA. I usually have to sit in the wheelchair section and that is never close, except for The Vic, but that was an unusual circumstance. In OKC my sister and I were about 20-30 feet from the stage on the right. People were respectful and tried to stay out of my view. I moved closer during the 1st encore and a couple people on the rail motioned for me to come all the way up front, but I declined due to it being so far to the right – 10c people are awesome! If I wanted an unobstructed view I could have had it at the back of the GA or sit in the wheelchair section and be 50 yards away.

GA all the way.

Keep on rockin' in the free world :!: :!: :!:
    Nacogdoches `93 Dallas`98 BSB `01 OKC `03 Houston `03 Vic `07 OKC `13 Tulsa `14  EV Tulsa 1 `12
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    Listening to the audience boot from Vancouver right now, and I'm getting chills just remembering what the pit was like during Corduroy. :D That kind of thing isn't possible with seats in the way!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS90546BS90546 Toronto Posts: 143
    I experienced GA for 5 shows this tour and I couldn't be happier with the process.

I would stroll into each show at about 8:15pm after site seeing/golfing/ enjoying beverages all day and would always find a spot on the floor with a great view.

Way more energy on the floor now without all the regulars sleeping in the first few rows.

Fuck the GA line and all the entitled whiners.
  • Options
    The Pearl Jam floor was Roper Room compared to some General Admission floors... anyone who has been the a Rage gig can attest to that.
    People, for the most part are cool and stay in the spot they came in on. Sure, there are always snakes in the pit, but there are snakes in every pit (the worst ones I've ever seen are those little girls at a Weezer show that have little experience in a pit situation... and probably a social situation and think they can squeeze their 38 inch waist into the 4 inches between me and the person in front of me. Go back to Physics class, Missy). But, Pearl Jam crowds are tame. Don't believe me? Go see Green Day or The Red Hot Chili Peppers in a General Admission pit... or worse... Pennywise ot Dropkick Murphys.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Cosmo wrote:
    But, Pearl Jam crowds are tame. Don't believe me? Go see Green Day or The Red Hot Chili Peppers in a General Admission pit... or worse... Pennywise ot Dropkick Murphys.

but i thought tame was bad?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I agree and disagree. To the OP, you do know that if someone around you is a pain in the ass, it works both ways... YOU can also move BACK to get a better spot right? It sucks to have to do, but it's an option versus 3 hours of an asshole elbowing their way into your space and acting like a jerk.

To people who say, get reserved instead: I put in for one show, put reserved as my first choice and GA as second. Well guess what, it was a small demand for GA at that show because I ended up with GA tickets. Sure I guess I could have gone through all the trouble of trying to trade for reserved, etc... wouldn't be able to do so with another member until day of show when they found out where their reserved seats were etc... not to mention the constant "I need a ticket, no wait never mind I don't" that people give you (thought I had sold my extra GA ticket 3 times before I finally did an hour before the show)...

Anyway I prefer reserved seats, I like a little space, I like getting to be up close and not fight my way for it or line up at 8 am for it, etc... The immature "get the rail" people I've read about on here are just another reason to end this stupid crap for a bunch of fans who aren't going to see a boy band. The same people apparently are up front, which is what people got tired of. I don't get it. The GA pits are so small that it really wasn't that bad, the band seemed to like it, I thought the crowd in GA wasn't even THAT crazy or into it for the show I went to, don't know if it was like that for all of them.... but yeah I like reserved even though GA was so-so.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,299
    Cosmo wrote:
    But, Pearl Jam crowds are tame. Don't believe me? Go see Green Day or The Red Hot Chili Peppers in a General Admission pit... or worse... Pennywise ot Dropkick Murphys.

To be fair that might be by design. Bands like RHCP or Green Day tend to make the whole floor GA. In my experience the smaller the GA section the less crazy it is. A festival PJ pit is more crazy than an RHCP/Green Day entire floor pit. The more people that have access to GA tickets the more crazy the pit is. I have to assume PJ didn't make the floor GA to keep the pits respectable? Why else would they do it?
  • Options
    I agree and disagree. To the OP, you do know that if someone around you is a pain in the ass, it works both ways... YOU can also move BACK to get a better spot right? It sucks to have to do, but it's an option versus 3 hours of an asshole elbowing their way into your space and acting like a jerk.

To people who say, get reserved instead: I put in for one show, put reserved as my first choice and GA as second. Well guess what, it was a small demand for GA at that show because I ended up with GA tickets. Sure I guess I could have gone through all the trouble of trying to trade for reserved, etc... wouldn't be able to do so with another member until day of show when they found out where their reserved seats were etc... not to mention the constant "I need a ticket, no wait never mind I don't" that people give you (thought I had sold my extra GA ticket 3 times before I finally did an hour before the show)...

Anyway I prefer reserved seats, I like a little space, I like getting to be up close and not fight my way for it or line up at 8 am for it, etc... The immature "get the rail" people I've read about on here are just another reason to end this stupid crap for a bunch of fans who aren't going to see a boy band. The same people apparently are up front, which is what people got tired of. I don't get it. The GA pits are so small that it really wasn't that bad, the band seemed to like it, I thought the crowd in GA wasn't even THAT crazy or into it for the show I went to, don't know if it was like that for all of them.... but yeah I like reserved even though GA was so-so.
    I have a feeling 10C will keep 10C GA but work out an entry system. Which is perfect. No reason a handful of jerks acting like idiots should ruin it for all the people who love GA.
    Shows are simply higher energy with GA. I don't care who tries to deny it. I know it's true - I think those folks are in denial.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Shows are simply higher energy with GA. I don't care who tries to deny it. I know it's true - I think those folks are in denial.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Alfonz wrote:
    I seriously wonder if some people never go to any other shows. It's like GA at a PJ show is some radical concept that doesn't happen at any other concert.

People complaining about how it is "unsafe" ... I would suggest it is perfectly safe based on how many people were injured (i.e. none, I think) during the tour.

From my seats I could see that the GA area had plentiful room if you thought it was too tightly packed up front. It was maybe 2/3 full, if that. I don't understand why people *must* be up front. It is actually better to be back a bit, the sound in an arena will be much better, plus you get to take in a bit more of the light/stage show. And you're still really close.

If you don't like it, then why put in for GA and then complain about it? I was shut out of GA and made do with reserved. These were still awesome seats to enjoy the show from. Go and sit in those and leave the GA to people who aren't going to whinge about it.
    This is almost verbatim what I was going to say (fellow Austinite, fancy that). It's like most people on here only go to giant arena concerts for bands they wanna be front row for. You people do realize that 99.9% of the concerts that go on on any given night across the world are a bunch of people standing on GA floor. And it doesn't involve lists, or queuing the morning of the show, or elbowing the shit out of people (well, for the most part at least). I went for GA first for Dallas, got reserved, and stared down and thought about how awesome it would have been to be at the very BACK of the GA. If you want to be the person who gets there at 5 am to get on the railing, fine. But if there's something that makes this experience difficult, that's the way the world works when you set your expectations that high. Getting rid of the entire GA system because of these things is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The only point I can understand is if you have a great member number and are physically incapable of standing for an entire three hour show. The complainers are complaining pretty loudly, but it really seems like the GA thing was a success from the band's perspective.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Cant please everybody.
    I thought the way they did it this year was a good compromise.
    The only people that complain about GA are those that would have seats in the first 10-15 rows.
    I have to agree that there was more energy up front with GA.
  • Options
    PJCubsPJCubs Posts: 291
    Get_Right wrote:
    Cant please everybody.
    I thought the way they did it this year was a good compromise.
    The only people that complain about GA are those that would have seats in the first 10-15 rows.
    I have to agree that there was more energy up front with GA.

Agree with this statement 100%!
    Soldier Field - 7.11.95
    Chicago - 5.16.06
    Chicago - 8.24.09
    Eddie Vedder @ Chicago Theatre - 6.28.11
    PJ20 - 9.3.11
    Wrigley Field - 7.19 / Pittsburgh - 10.10 / Buffalo - 10.11
    Philadelphia 2 - 10.22 / Portland - 11.29 / Spokane - 11.30
    Amsterdam - 6.16 & 6.17 / Milan - 6.20
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:

To be fair that might be by design. Bands like RHCP or Green Day tend to make the whole floor GA. In my experience the smaller the GA section the less crazy it is. A festival PJ pit is more crazy than an RHCP/Green Day entire floor pit. The more people that have access to GA tickets the more crazy the pit is. I have to assume PJ didn't make the floor GA to keep the pits respectable? Why else would they do it?
    I totally agree. By having the General Admission floor reduced and only open to Fan Club members helped to maintain a fairly tame environment.
    With the vast majority of G.A. ticket holders being Fan Club member should make it easier than an entire floor open to anyone. Which is why there should not be a need for lists and that kind of nonsense because if you are screwing over people... you are screwing over fellow fan club members.
    If people just did the right thing and either waited in line or went to the parties... there wouldn't be a problem. and most of the fans are cool. it is just the same assholes that pull asshole shit because they somehow think they are special and deserver more than the rest of us average fans.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Again... these G.A. gigs were my only shot at getting to the front... so I took my shots.
    I don't HAVE to be up front... but, if given the opportunity... I'll have a go at it because in the normal seniority situation, I don't get a shot.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    shortstack wrote:
    everyone is going to be "for" whatever benefits them personally

locked.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    shortstack wrote:
    everyone is going to be "for" whatever benefits them personally

locked.
    I am "for" whatever makes the shows as good as they can possibly be in terms of energy.... And yes, that does benefit me personally! Even if I'm not even at the show!
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,005
    Cosmo wrote:
    Again... these G.A. gigs were my only shot at getting to the front... so I took my shots.
    I don't HAVE to be up front... but, if given the opportunity... I'll have a go at it because in the normal seniority situation, I don't get a shot.

Are you forgetting the lottery for rows 1-2?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:

Are you forgetting the lottery for rows 1-2?
    That is almost meaningless when compared to GA. A very small number of people get it, and most people never win that lottery at all.