mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

GORGE 2014

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I can't stop thinking about how the show was tainted for me because of the poor sound where I was sitting. There had to be something messed up with the PA. I was on Mike's side, up on the side (pretty high up ... above 10C seats), and I couldn't hear his guitar at all. "Sirens" sounded so weird only being able to hear Stone. Oh well. Crappy seats, but still a great show. I guess I was lucky just to be in the building! I think I enjoyed the Vancouver show more, though. The crowd was definitely better.

Key Arena pretty much sounds like shit unless you're in the lower bowl or on the floor facing the stage.

GORGE 2014

We had the same experience at Philly 2 on Mike's side halfway up. No guitar sound at all on a number of songs. Weird.

Andrew
  • Options
    Drdeal wrote:
    I can't stop thinking about how the show was tainted for me because of the poor sound where I was sitting. There had to be something messed up with the PA. I was on Mike's side, up on the side (pretty high up ... above 10C seats), and I couldn't hear his guitar at all. "Sirens" sounded so weird only being able to hear Stone. Oh well. Crappy seats, but still a great show. I guess I was lucky just to be in the building! I think I enjoyed the Vancouver show more, though. The crowd was definitely better.

Key Arena pretty much sounds like shit unless you're in the lower bowl or on the floor facing the stage.

GORGE 2014

We had the same experience at Philly 2 on Mike's side halfway up. No guitar sound at all on a number of songs. Weird.

Andrew

I was at Philly 2 Mike's side about 20th row, and that was my only complaint; couldn't hear Mike.
  • Options
    I would agree, again that I could not hear Mike's guitar at all, which just sucked. Can't wait to hear the bootleg!
  • Options
    Such a fun show. I am so glad I was able to come "home" for it. I miss Seattle so very much, and seeing Pearl Jam there is always a treat. Only sucky thing was how cold it was outside!!! My hands nearly froze of waiting in that merch line, but it was worth it. Thanks for a great show.

ETA - Of course, the guy that puked all over himself just before the last encore sucked. The guy next to me said, "This is the first time I've had to smell my own deodorant to make it through the end of a show." Good one, guy :)
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense."
    7/22/1998 - Memorial Stadium
    12/8/01 - Key Arena
    12/9/01 - Key Arena
    9/1/05 - Gorge at George
    7/22/06 - Gorge at George
    5/13/10 - Bristow
    9/22/12 - Midtown Music Festival
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    12/6/13 - Key Arena
  • Options
    LOTS OF GREAT SEATTLE FOOTAGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kGxbjAAvxc
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    An introduction: Hello to all, glad to finally be here. Just joined the 10 club for the first time a few minutes ago, so this is my first post. Why did I join? Quite simply, the FANS!! I was on Roy St hopping around from pub to pub, and "ANDY FROM OHIO" and "BRYAN THE BREWER AT MCMENAMINS both hooked me up with such KILLER beer pre-show they absolutely set the conditions for the Key show to TOTALLY BLOW MY MIND!!

So now to my experience: Flew up from Sunny SoCal for the show (overstating the obvious here, but compared to San Diego, it was frickin FREEZING in Seattle that night!), was HARDCORE GEEKING out at the opportunity to see PJ in their hometown. I've BEEN LOOONG OVERDUE for another live PJ experience, as my last show was in '98 at Constitution Hall...so, yeah, it's been awhile. I'll be the first to admit I've been SEVERELY DELINQUENT on supporting PJ live since then, but a career in the Marines tends to sideline certain other things in your life...All I can say is I'm grateful and blessed to have "busted the rust" on my LIVE PJ qualification with a tremendous experience in Seattle, and found out what I've been missing out on!!

Pre-Show: All all the surrounding brew pubs and restaurants around Key Arena, on Roy Street were ALIVE with PJ fans. And I guess FANS isn't the right word, everyone i interacted with that night (who I had never met previously) immediately embraced me as family (Again, SHOUTOUT to BRYAN THE BREWER AT MCMENAMINS!!! An absolutely LEGIT dude, go support his brewpub and keep this guy in business!!) Everywhere I went, you could feel the community and FAMILY bond these people had, and it was infectious.

The Show: Mudhoney opening was solid...but PJ really "emptied the tank" that night, played a BOSS-like marathon show, Eddie was slammin' wine and got LOOSE (but still pulled off an incredible vocal performance through a TON of songs), Kim Thayil got up and melted faces (along with Mark Arm and the boys) during a RAUCOUS encore.

Lots of love in that arena that night, I'll certainly never forget it. Definitely one of my TOP 5 concert experiences ever, and that considering Neil and Crazy Horse, 5xBoss and the E St shows, Drive By Truckers, Black Crowes, Tool, Rage, NIN, 2xQueens of the Stone Age shows on the Songs for the Deaf Tour) Supremely grateful and humbled around to see it!!
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    How many more months until the boot comes out? I can't wait much longer! :-w
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    thefixer9 said:

Yes, same here!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410

An introduction: Hello to all, glad to finally be here. Just joined the 10 club for the first time a few minutes ago, so this is my first post. Why did I join? Quite simply, the FANS!! I was on Roy St hopping around from pub to pub, and "ANDY FROM OHIO" and "BRYAN THE BREWER AT MCMENAMINS both hooked me up with such KILLER beer pre-show they absolutely set the conditions for the Key show to TOTALLY BLOW MY MIND!!

So now to my experience: Flew up from Sunny SoCal for the show (overstating the obvious here, but compared to San Diego, it was frickin FREEZING in Seattle that night!), was HARDCORE GEEKING out at the opportunity to see PJ in their hometown. I've BEEN LOOONG OVERDUE for another live PJ experience, as my last show was in '98 at Constitution Hall...so, yeah, it's been awhile. I'll be the first to admit I've been SEVERELY DELINQUENT on supporting PJ live since then, but a career in the Marines tends to sideline certain other things in your life...All I can say is I'm grateful and blessed to have "busted the rust" on my LIVE PJ qualification with a tremendous experience in Seattle, and found out what I've been missing out on!!

Pre-Show: All all the surrounding brew pubs and restaurants around Key Arena, on Roy Street were ALIVE with PJ fans. And I guess FANS isn't the right word, everyone i interacted with that night (who I had never met previously) immediately embraced me as family (Again, SHOUTOUT to BRYAN THE BREWER AT MCMENAMINS!!! An absolutely LEGIT dude, go support his brewpub and keep this guy in business!!) Everywhere I went, you could feel the community and FAMILY bond these people had, and it was infectious.

The Show: Mudhoney opening was solid...but PJ really "emptied the tank" that night, played a BOSS-like marathon show, Eddie was slammin' wine and got LOOSE (but still pulled off an incredible vocal performance through a TON of songs), Kim Thayil got up and melted faces (along with Mark Arm and the boys) during a RAUCOUS encore.

Lots of love in that arena that night, I'll certainly never forget it. Definitely one of my TOP 5 concert experiences ever, and that considering Neil and Crazy Horse, 5xBoss and the E St shows, Drive By Truckers, Black Crowes, Tool, Rage, NIN, 2xQueens of the Stone Age shows on the Songs for the Deaf Tour) Supremely grateful and humbled around to see it!!

I sure did enjoy stumbling onto this post. I messed up and didn't get your contact info. This is Andy from Ohio :)
    The show was very good but as usual....the people you happen to meet along the way make each one special.
  • Options
    Hiya peoples ! First time commenting here. Saw this show (have many videos... TacomaPaul on YouTube)... but there are many better than mine. Hadn't seen the guys for over 10 years... my bad ! SO glad I joined club and saw this ! Interesting fan club seats... behind the soundboard waaay back.... BUT !!! The sound was GREAT !!! First saw them at Mural Amphitheater, and The Moore, and Drop In The Park...and OH so many other Seattle shows. So happy !
    And hello to the girl I had ticket for !
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580

Such a fun show. I am so glad I was able to come "home" for it. I miss Seattle so very much, and seeing Pearl Jam there is always a treat. Only sucky thing was how cold it was outside!!! My hands nearly froze of waiting in that merch line, but it was worth it. Thanks for a great show.

ETA - Of course, the guy that puked all over himself just before the last encore sucked. The guy next to me said, "This is the first time I've had to smell my own deodorant to make it through the end of a show." Good one, guy :)

Ha! Well at least it was at the end of the show. Someone puked somewhere near the rail in Vancouver before the show even started. It smelled like puke in the general area in front of Eddie all fucking night! :-&
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KnZiE94KnZiE94 Posts: 158
    It was a fun show! Heard the two songs I wanted to hear that they didn't play in Spokane!
    BRAD- April 21, 2012 Seattle, WA
    BRAD- April 27, 2012 Seattle, WA

Pearl Jam- September 30, 2012 Missoula, MT
    Pearl Jam- November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
    Pearl Jam- December 6, 2013 Seattle WA
  • Options
    Ha! Well at least it was at the end of the show. Someone puked somewhere near the rail in Vancouver before the show even started. It smelled like puke in the general area in front of Eddie all fucking night!

That does suck. I've gotten old, getting ripped at a show isn't fun, I wanna enjoy and remember and savor the music :)
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense."
    7/22/1998 - Memorial Stadium
    12/8/01 - Key Arena
    12/9/01 - Key Arena
    9/1/05 - Gorge at George
    7/22/06 - Gorge at George
    5/13/10 - Bristow
    9/22/12 - Midtown Music Festival
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    12/6/13 - Key Arena
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,745
    Just saw a video on you tube from the start of the first encore and there we all were doing the wave had totally forgotten about that. Such a kickass night!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    Anyone have a highish quality video of lightning bolt?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    kw18 said:

thefixer9 said:

Yes, same here!
    Bring it!!
  • Options

kw18 said:

thefixer9 said:

Yes, same here!
    Bring it!!
    Should be March 5th ya baby :D

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    fastball2421fastball2421 Rhode Island Posts: 1
    12/6/2013 -completely satisfied leaving that show...Amazing trip from RI!
  • Options
    Happy Boot Day it's time to relive the magic :x

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Yayyyy!! Boot order done! Final step of my trip. :-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,913
    edited March 2014
    My first Pearl Jam Seattle show & what a Pearl Jam Seattle show it was! Over 3+ hours of passion!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFufITI6gPI
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    dpharesdphares Maryland Posts: 118
    edited March 2014
    demetrios said:

My first Pearl Jam Seattle show & what a Pearl Jam Seattle show it was! Over 3+ hours of passion!!! :)

My first Seattle show as well and my second PJ show ever. Amazing night. Made the trip from the east coast and had blast. Seattle is a great city.

• Options
    DrClydeDrClyde Posts: 17
    It was my first PJ show & while I got pretty drunk, it was great fun. Especially the 19 degree Seattle weather. Flew down from Alaska for the show so it was just like home, lol.