Options

*** Seattle Fanviews Here 12/6/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Great experience, loved the city & my PJ family. The show lacked the enthusiasm from the crowd that my other shows on this tour had. See you guys soon 8-)
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    My 63rd PJ show and first in Seattle. It was fun, different vibe, but I think I'm done with the big draw shows.

What were the vinyls that Mike handed out at the end of the show? I was guessing it might be the xmas single.

Anyone have an extra sticker? Waited in line for 45 mins cuz they had them on the wall but when I got up there the guy said they were out and couldn't sell the displays. That;s all we were waiting in line for was two $2 stickers
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    My 63rd PJ show and first in Seattle. It was fun, different vibe, but I think I'm done with the big draw shows.

What were the vinyls that Mike handed out at the end of the show? I was guessing it might be the xmas single.

Anyone have an extra sticker? Waited in line for 45 mins cuz they had them on the wall but when I got up there the guy said they were out and couldn't sell the displays. That;s all we were waiting in line for was two $2 stickers

Mike was handing out a few "Turning Mist" 45's.
    1995: 1/15
    1996: 9/24
    1998: 6/14, 8/29, 9/18
    2000: 8/3, 9/4
    2003: 7/1, 7/5 & 7/6
    2006: 5/27 & 5/28, 5/30
    2009: 10/28 & 10/31
    2010: 5/13
    2011: 9/3 & 9/4
    2012: 9/2, 9/30
  • Options
    What an honor to be at their last show in the bands hometown, merry X-mas to us! Was so proud of our cities energy towards the band. Sitting with other ten club members was a highlight for me and to get to know some and hear their stories and how many shows they've been to- Die hards out there!!! for example a couple Driving from Eugene to Seattle in the snow.
    Did anyone else catch the Great Wheel in Seattle decked out for Pearl Jam? This band has never dissapointed, Hopefully we won't have to wait another 4 years till they come back. :corn:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    how many times can you see matt lukin pull ed to the ground, spilling his budweiser onto stone's monitors?

only in seattle

8-)

Exactly. That moment for me says it all about what a typically Seattle show it was. It degenerated into a drunken onstage piss up spilling wine and beer and just running around like all around maniacs. That could have been at the Off Ramp in 1992. It just happened to be in front of 18,000 people. It was the end of the tour. Even Stone was chugging off the huge wine bottle. McCready up in the stands way the fuck back there? Come on!

By the way people, don't reach up to high five a guy who is in the middle of ripping a wikkid guitar solo. His hands are sort of busy :lol:
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20131207

By Corbin Reiff
    December 7, 2013 1:28 PM ET
    Seattle rockers Pearl Jam closed out the North American leg of their Lightning Bolt tour last night with a performance for the ages. It had been over four years since the band last staged a concert in their hometown, and the city’s patience was more than rewarded with a three hour and fifteen minute marathon of hits, deep cuts and covers.

The show kicked off properly with the brooding track "Pendulum" from the band’s latest record, followed by the one-two punch of Vitalogy songs "Nothingman" and "Corduroy." As coincidence would have it, the night of the show fell on the nineteenth anniversary of that record’s release, though the fact went unacknowledged by the group. From there the band bobbed and weaved their way through their back-catalog to the unwavering delight of the sold-out Key Arena crowd.

The fivesome seemed quite pleased to be back on their home turf, which added to the convivial feeling of the evening overall. Lead singer Eddie Vedder took many opportunities throughout the night to tip a half-empty bottle of red wine to various local fixtures including Easy Street Records, KEXP, and the sorely missed Supersonics – "wouldn’t this building be a great place for a basketball team?" he deadpanned. Vedder even deigned to take a playful jab at fellow Seattle chart toppers Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, jokingly shouting "fuck you" when he discovered the duo had sold out three consecutive dates of the same venue in the days following the band's own show.

As expected, a good deal of Lightning Bolt material made its way into the setlist with "Mind Your Manners," "Sirens," and the title track garnering the most acclaim. The more obscure numbers the band chose to tackle included a take on the track "Breath," which originally had been recorded for the soundtrack to the Cameron Crowe film Singles. This was in addition to a solo Vedder cover of the Velvet Underground’s "After Hours" (played in tribute to that group's recently departed frontman, Lou Reed) and a timely performance of the little-known Christmas single "Let Me Sleep."

The energy inside the packed arena really came to a head, however, when the group busted out a succession of their more renowned hits, among which numbered superb takes of "Better Man," "Alive," "Rearviewmirror," "Black," and "Daughter." Indeed, the earthshaking force of the crowd’s response to these songs led Vedder to wonder aloud if he had mistakenly wandered into a Seahawks home game.

As always happens with a Pearl Jam concert, the music itself was absolutely on point. Time and again, lead guitarist Mike McCready dazzled the audience with bombastic displays of guitar virtuosity, going so far as to play the solo to "Even Flow" behind his back. Vedder’s voice has never sounded better, even with the massive demands placed upon it, and the trio of rhythm guitarist Stone Gossard, drummer Matt Cameron and bassist Jeff Ament continue to be the steady driving force and heartbeat of the band throughout any given show.

The evening drew to a close with the invitation of Steve Turner and Mark Arm of Mudhoney as well as Soundgarden guitarist Kim Thayil onstage for a searing all-Seattle performance of the MC5 classic "Kick Out The Jams," after which McCready, at the urging of Arm, let loose with an incendiary take on Eddie Van Halen’s finger-tapping opus "Eruption." The guests departed soon thereafter and the band let loose with a meandering version of "Yellow Ledbetter," to finish things off. It was an evening that will go down in Seattle lore, and a well-seized opportunity for Pearl Jam to close out their tour on a high note.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z2mw7oqDqn
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    So my flight got cancelled and I got stuck at the airport overnight. I have been at the bar since 3pm local time and I stood up once to take a piss and ran into Boom. I didn't want to bother him too much so I just told him how much they rocked and he started talking to me about how awesome this tour has been. He also said that as fun as this show was, he told me I need to get out to the east coast for a show. I told him I was from Philly and he cracked a huge smile and hit me up with a shake and said "you mother fuckers are crazy out there! Thats a crazy time out there. The east coast is filled with crazy mother fuckers!"

Pretty damn awesome and I played stupid and said "where are you guys next, Australia right?" He said yeah, and then I said "what about after that, you guys are hitting uh...." And he looked at me and gave me the evil eye and smirked and said, "I don't know man, I'll hit the website and they will tell me where I need to be, I'm not telling you anything definite. It's all penciled in!"

He was one step ahead and touché to him for picking up on it.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    GstewartGstewart Delta BC Posts: 28
    This was just my second show Vancouver on Wednesday and then Seattle.
    I've just had the greatest time .... The band are just amazing this is going to keep me going for the next couple of years. Porch the song gets better every time. The boys need their rest and will return even better next time.
    Incredible.
    Peace!!
  • Options
    This was my first PJ show. I traveled from Colorado to see it. And for me it was crazy awesome experience!

The griping here is really hard for me to understand. First of all, how do you people who go to all these shows afford it? Do you work? I tried for the 10c lottery and lost out. Was on the phone and computer the second tix went on sale and got nothing. Of the six or seven venues I could have traveled to tix were sold out in less than 10 minutes. So bought my tix on stubhub at what I thought was a pretty rich price (saw GA tix listed for a couple grand...do people really pay that? You'd think if the band could take on Ticketmaster they could try to do something about usurious scalpers. Think of all the charities that money could support!)

Anyway, newbie that I am, I think I was one of the more well versed fans in my section. I was explaining to people around me at the end who Mark Arm was, Green River, etc. And pointing out that songs like Garden and Let Me Sleep were rare gems. The only time people around me sang were when they played the big hits. And I had good seats! These were not the nosebleeds. So for those here to be critical of a setlist that includes so many of the hits is completely missing the point. I think Ed and crew are sensitive to that and know that the majority of the audience are not pretentious wine snob collectors and that playing the hits keeps everyone's interest. What you mediocre minded people really need is an exclusive 10c only show one time a year, destination wedding venue, where they play all the lost dogs and then some.

As for me, being there for my very first live rendition of Black was life altering. The long RVM jam, even though I have heard its similar on one of my bootlegs, was so much more electrifying in person. I freaking love you, Jeff!! Aaaagh! Worlds best bass player and the reason this band really grabbed me so many years ago. Nothingman and Garden huge highs (not withstanding the contact high from the weed burning like incense through the enitre 3 hours...if someone had a munchie stand outside every section and used the proceeds to go to the orion center then I think PJ could win their contest against The Stranger and that boy band I've never heard of).

A few others have said it but it stands to be repeated...you jaded song chasers need to step back and take a break and leave some tickets left over for small town girls like me who live six hours away from any metroplitan city in any direction but still freaking love Pearl Jam and would have been psyched to hear them play Row Row Row Your Boat.

That show was outstanding. And it was a rare gift if you had the chance to be there. Be grateful. I was on Mike's side of the stage and for sure that guy was channeling something higher. And lucky me, I think I was close enough to catch a little of it myself.

Jeff, Mike, Stone, Eddie, Boom, Matt...you guys inspire me. Your music does something that makes all the gears go, makes me speak my truth where I might otherwise have stayed silent, makes my creative self gets its lazy ass off the couch and do something that might contribute to the greater good. Seeing you perform live was a truly remarkable experience that I shall not soon forget. You freaking rocked! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • Options
    What an honor to be at their last show in the bands hometown, merry X-mas to us! Was so proud of our cities energy towards the band. Sitting with other ten club members was a highlight for me and to get to know some and hear their stories and how many shows they've been to- Die hards out there!!! for example a couple Driving from Eugene to Seattle in the snow.
    Did anyone else catch the Great Wheel in Seattle decked out for Pearl Jam? This band has never dissapointed, Hopefully we won't have to wait another 4 years till they come back. :corn:

Did not see the Great Wheel decked out for PJ? Was there any pics?

And I agree, it is always really fun to hear the stories of the fellow diehards who come from all over the world to our city. UK, Australia, Hawaii, New York, it is incredible. I hope you all enjoyed Seattle!
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    thefin190 wrote:

Did not see the Great Wheel decked out for PJ? Was there any pics?

And I agree, it is always really fun to hear the stories of the fellow diehards who come from all over the world to our city. UK, Australia, Hawaii, New York, it is incredible. I hope you all enjoyed Seattle!

Somebody posted a pic of the ferris wheel on fb...

9144a4b0-f1c2-4307-8332-2bbb468d22b5_zps4be1da99.jpg

I thought that was super cool, but didn't see it myself...
  • Options
    Well, here's my fan view ...

We were trying to find GA tickets, to make it extra special and also to be with our PJ friends, two of which got married on the day of the show, but it didn't happen. Well, we got to Seattle, had a great time at the preparty, met lots of awesome people, reunited with old friends and had an overall spectacular time. Then the show was on. Well, we were in the second to last row right behind the stage. We couldn't really see anything. The sound was great, but we didn't need any ear protection :P :lol: After having overcome my fear of heights in there (at first I didn't even want to stand it was so steep :? ), we found that we were in a good section with nice people. We shared some green and stories and it was nice. Nobody really sat down in our section throughout the whole show. We had a great time. Then at one point during the show, a guy with a backstage pass came up and asked the couple right behind us if they wanted to be right beside the stage :shock: Well, they left. Then we had the WORST seats in the whole fucking house... I loved seeing friends rocking out on the screens. I could spot lots of people on the front row. I couldn't really see the band, but seeing them having a good time made me happy :) We still had a blast and went out after the show to celebrate the wedding of our friends afroannnie and kw18 with more lovely friends. Seattle was a blast, the city is amazing. The show was long and the band seemed to be having a great time too, I don't really get the whole thing with the "lame crowd" on here ... We got fucking 37 songs and they played a 3 hour plus show! I feel blessed to have been able to make it there. And to see Seattle for the first time. Man, I'm blown away. Love this place. I wish we could have stayed longer.

I feel happy and blessed to have made this trip and the show possible with what we had. And the memories of meeting my friends before and after the show make this one a very memorable one.

Thank you all for coming into my life. And thank you PJ for making our paths cross :wave:

Oh, and if anybody has a sticker too much, I would love one :shifty: I planned on going for merch during a piss break, but we were so high up that there was no merch booth close and I didn't want to miss too much of the show...
  • Options
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Show six this tour. 35th overall.

2013 has been amazing. Philly 1-2 were great together.. Hartford was the icing on the cake. Insane crowd and band feeling every ounce of the energy.

A few weeks off, got married (!!! ;) ) and headed to Vancouver and Seattle for our honeymoon.

Vancouver was my only ga show.. Dead center in the back of the pit.. An amazing show.. Top 5 show and I've done 35 shows now.

Seattle is special to me because of a lot of reason. This is trip 7 for me, came here before to see Foo Fighters, then Sasquatch festival at the Gorge (NIN, Kings of Leon, Janes Addiction) back again for two pj shows in 09, then again for the Missoula show (flew here as drove to mt after a few days)

It's great to come to such a wonderful city for our honeymoon and share this time with so many wonderful fans all coming for the same reason. Makes everyone feel a little closer knowing we all share the love for pj.

The show was great. Section 103, and great fans around us.

Finally got to hear getaway and glad I did!

Garden was great, same with black.

I usually don't go on and on about mike like some do.. But last night he was on fire. Like he had something to prove. He bashed in his amp on even flow after playing a sick solo behind his back (not head!) which is very hard to do! Plus he was tearing it up, like he had something to prove. He really was in the zone last night, even more so than usual.

Lots of smoke in the key. After traveling 5 hours by plane to Vancouver, dealing with two hours of customs interrogation, seeing the show in Vancouver, standing about 6 hours between the ga line outside, then a few hours before pj, afterwards waking up the next day after 3 hours sleep, taking a 4 hour train, sleeping like shit and eating like shit... I was pretty wiped out. Plus I used the great delivery service and had alot of grade a smoke, alot more than usual for me.

Near the end of the show I felt lightheaded and woozy..: I've never felt that way in my life, never passed out before. Suddenly I was very thirsty, spiny, and realized I needed some air. I've read numerous stories of people not taking care of themselves and passing out in the pit and always said, why would you stay there if you weren't up for it? So I had to step out early. I feel good about it, really felt like I might faint, and really just needed some fresh air. 10 minutes outside and I was fine! But needless to say its been a long road and a great one. Didn't want it to end with me on the floor! :)

Pendulum was song 1000 for me. 35 shows and 1000+ songs under my belt and I've never been happier.

Thank you Pearl Jam for continuing to travel the world and play music, and for allowing me to be part of it and travel to far away places I would never normally have gone before. Add to that the best music and fans in the world, and you've got one happy newly married man here :):)

I've had my sign at all shows this tour and still no luck. If anyone has a picture where you can see my sign I would love to see it! Please let me know if you have one!!

114d1b60-909b-48b3-b95e-c0d59ae6fa95_zps6c87edce.jpg
    :shock: you got a panic attack from the grade a smoke. been there done that. I had to quit smoking for quite some time from it. It happened to me at a tool show in Cleveland. 2 frkin hoots and I thought I was gonna be in Cleveland general (or whatever the hospital is called there) :) agree, disagree, :) that's what it sounds like to me. glad you had a great time none the less. ima go burn one now and relieve the stress of my broke down car, and forced day off work. :mrgreen:
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    tp266452tp266452 kansas city Posts: 28
    JackLord wrote:
    Agreed - hope I don't reach a jaded point where a Pearl Jam show is *average* to me. 3 plus hours, Kim Thayil!, drunk Eddie, "Fuck Macklemore!"

TENCLUB question - what was up with the M-R line at will-call? Every other window (I think there were 5 others) empty with staff waiting. 40 people in the M-R line. M-R has to queue up in the below freezing cold to wait for one person to divvy out M-R tickets. Is this a common occurrence or random luck of the draw. Are there just a ton off Pearl Jam fans with the last name ending in M-R? I'm not complaining - only that some of the other staff could've helped out the HUGE M-R line instead of twiddling their thumbs.

Other related question: twice after will-call we were told if we were in the TENCLUB to wait in a certain spot that turned out to be wrong later. First at 6pm East Entrance... "If you have TENCLUB reserved seat tickets, wait here to the right of the big pillar" - 10 minutes later - "No wait, everybody get to the left of the Big Pillar what are you doing standing here". Once inside there's another guy saying TENCLUB reserved seat wait here while folks flew around us on all sides. We were not going to get fooled again.

Maybe it's just the highly confused Key Arena "Staff Pros" :D

its just kinda a crap shoot. at wrigley they had a good 10-15 lines i think all of them had 3 people tops except the one i needed which included 'P' i counted 35 people in front of me in that line lol (this was thursday at noon give or take an hour)

to comment on other things being discussed here. I could here mike clear as day (i was in the rafters above boom) and even though he was the furthest away had a really good view of him as well (mostly his back but he moves around so much it was fine)

i finally was able to realize the metal thing on stage was a bird after seeing it 3 times (helps to be above it i guess) and it even flaps its wings during given to fly

eddie seemed to ride the glow balls higher than any other time i have seen them since getting those.

finally near the end of the show it looked like mike was handing out 7"s (had a stack of about 50) to his side of the pit, someone at the pop up the next day told me they were stickers anyone have any more info or pics?
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    My review to hopefully come later today.... 8-)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    leecalleecal Posts: 58
    Key Arena on Friday night, Dec.6, 2013 - UP CLOSE Professional PHOTOS here by Dave Conger. http://cbsloc.al/1iKQNay
  • Options
    nellynelly Posts: 2
    Thank you to the couple who bought 4 dozen donuts to give out, while we waited in the cold for the POP UP shop to open...
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    So my flight got cancelled and I got stuck at the airport overnight. I have been at the bar since 3pm local time and I stood up once to take a piss and ran into Boom. I didn't want to bother him too much so I just told him how much they rocked and he started talking to me about how awesome this tour has been. He also said that as fun as this show was, he told me I need to get out to the east coast for a show. I told him I was from Philly and he cracked a huge smile and hit me up with a shake and said "you mother fuckers are crazy out there! Thats a crazy time out there. The east coast is filled with crazy mother fuckers!"

Pretty damn awesome and I played stupid and said "where are you guys next, Australia right?" He said yeah, and then I said "what about after that, you guys are hitting uh...." And he looked at me and gave me the evil eye and smirked and said, "I don't know man, I'll hit the website and they will tell me where I need to be, I'm not telling you anything definite. It's all penciled in!"

He was one step ahead and touché to him for picking up on it.

aw man, so close! how cool was that, tho? :thumbup:
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Wait a minute. Folks from NY think their show was the best and that they have the best crowds? Shocker. They think the world revolves around NY? No cliche there. :lol:

I kid. Just a little ribbing. I LOVE NY.

For the record there are a sh*tload of people from Seattle with the same attitude.

PS: They also have the best pizza, basketball players, pastrami sandwiches, bagels, hot dogs, coffee, tap water, theatres, bums, clubs, sports fans, sbarro,
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    This concert was an absolute blast! Best wedding reception a guy and gal could ask for!

If anyone has any video of the banter between Ed and the newly married couple (that's us!), we would love a copy. Please PM me!

Thanks!! :D
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    ladydocNYC wrote:
    I don't chase songs. As I've said many times, I'd rather hear a so g I love than one I've never heard but don't love.

Amen...
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Show six this tour. 35th overall.

2013 has been amazing. Philly 1-2 were great together.. Hartford was the icing on the cake. Insane crowd and band feeling every ounce of the energy.

A few weeks off, got married (!!! ;) ) and headed to Vancouver and Seattle for our honeymoon.

Vancouver was my only ga show.. Dead center in the back of the pit.. An amazing show.. Top 5 show and I've done 35 shows now.

Seattle is special to me because of a lot of reason. This is trip 7 for me, came here before to see Foo Fighters, then Sasquatch festival at the Gorge (NIN, Kings of Leon, Janes Addiction) back again for two pj shows in 09, then again for the Missoula show (flew here as drove to mt after a few days)

It's great to come to such a wonderful city for our honeymoon and share this time with so many wonderful fans all coming for the same reason. Makes everyone feel a little closer knowing we all share the love for pj.

The show was great. Section 103, and great fans around us.

Finally got to hear getaway and glad I did!

Garden was great, same with black.

I usually don't go on and on about mike like some do.. But last night he was on fire. Like he had something to prove. He bashed in his amp on even flow after playing a sick solo behind his back (not head!) which is very hard to do! Plus he was tearing it up, like he had something to prove. He really was in the zone last night, even more so than usual.

Lots of smoke in the key. After traveling 5 hours by plane to Vancouver, dealing with two hours of customs interrogation, seeing the show in Vancouver, standing about 6 hours between the ga line outside, then a few hours before pj, afterwards waking up the next day after 3 hours sleep, taking a 4 hour train, sleeping like shit and eating like shit... I was pretty wiped out. Plus I used the great delivery service and had alot of grade a smoke, alot more than usual for me.

Near the end of the show I felt lightheaded and woozy..: I've never felt that way in my life, never passed out before. Suddenly I was very thirsty, spiny, and realized I needed some air. I've read numerous stories of people not taking care of themselves and passing out in the pit and always said, why would you stay there if you weren't up for it? So I had to step out early. I feel good about it, really felt like I might faint, and really just needed some fresh air. 10 minutes outside and I was fine! But needless to say its been a long road and a great one. Didn't want it to end with me on the floor! :)

Pendulum was song 1000 for me. 35 shows and 1000+ songs under my belt and I've never been happier.

Thank you Pearl Jam for continuing to travel the world and play music, and for allowing me to be part of it and travel to far away places I would never normally have gone before. Add to that the best music and fans in the world, and you've got one happy newly married man here :):)

I've had my sign at all shows this tour and still no luck. If anyone has a picture where you can see my sign I would love to see it! Please let me know if you have one!!

114d1b60-909b-48b3-b95e-c0d59ae6fa95_zps6c87edce.jpg

nice post....smanchac....thanks for sharing and congrats to the coolest couple I've met so far on the Forum...

curly
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    This concert was an absolute blast! Best wedding reception a guy and gal could ask for!

If anyone has any video of the banter between Ed and the newly married couple (that's us!), we would love a copy. Please PM me!

That is awesome! Loved that banter. Congrats.
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    BigNolDogg wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

That is awesome! Loved that banter. Congrats.

Thank you!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    this was my first time in Seattle, did loads of fun stuff with great people. I had a blast at the show and loved every minute of it. I cannot get out of my mind the songs that I got to hear them play live that night.....in their hometown where lots were written. Hearing Chloe/Crown in Seattle was emotional for me....I kept thinking about what could have been, what never got to be and what could have never happened.

Thank you Pearl Jam. Look forward to the next time.
  • Options
    http://www.cityartsonline.com/articles/pearl-jam-center-universe

"For the last 20 minutes, more than three hours since the start of the show, the band played with the house lights on. We could all see each other singing along, lit up in this weird world we've made out here, together."

This is well said. This is what it is and was all about. Man, I love this band! I'm sad the tour is over... Seattle was a freaking blast.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    YLed2 wrote:
    This show was sixk.

I got to party and hang with the "D" tricecta - Dallas crew. Derybydave, and Disgruntled Dave.

Sick show. Fun show.
    How could you forget our "Artie Lange" guy in the Oilers hockey gear??
    So glad we got to hang out this weekend...next time I'm doing the suicide pancakes at The 5 Point!!
    I had a total BLAST in Seattle...can't wait until the next time buddy!
    :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:
    This show was sixk.

I got to party and hang with the "D" tricecta - Dallas crew. Derybydave, and Disgruntled Dave.

Sick show. Fun show.
    How could you forget our "Artie Lange" guy in the Oilers hockey gear??
    So glad we got to hang out this weekend...next time I'm doing the suicide pancakes at The 5 Point!!
    I had a total BLAST in Seattle...can't wait until the next time buddy!
    :ugeek:

Wait is this the guy from Calgary? I was with him on Saturday night at a sports bar for the MSU OSU game... Big PJ fan decked out in all Oilers gear.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    I cannot believe anyone willfully goes out in public with Oilers gear. What an embarassing franchise, gunning for five #1 overall picks in a row!

Anyways to my actual review of the show. Just another fantastic evening of music with the worlds greatest live rock act. The setlist was very strong, though crossing off All Along the Watchtower makes me sad, especially with Mike's current status as a Face Melter. Speaking of that, when did that happen? I mean Mike's always been a very good guitar player, but the two shows I saw on this tour was like he was possessed, ripping off epic solo after epic solo. It was also pretty crazy to see him running laps with his (likely) heavy guitar during Spin the Black Circle. He's in great shape obviously. I found the band seemed to be in a very joyful mood, just happy to be back home and ready to rock out all night. And with a 3+ hour set they certainly did rock out. In My Tree, Garden, Breath, Let Me Sleep, Crown/Chloe, and RVM into Alive all big time highlights. Also loved hearing Pilate, Spin the Black Circle and Getaway. And Lightning Bolt really is a great live song.

As to the crowd and it being "lame" or "disrespectful" as the threads in the Porch forum are saying, I think people are just a little misguided about that one. Was the Seattle crowd as loud as the crowd in Calgary or some other cities? No it wasn't. But was it somehow a bad crowd? I really don't think so. The only parts where I was kinda disappointed with the crowd was for the encores. In Calgary it was totally deafening for both encore breaks, we demanded more Pearl Jam (frankly, the noise level justified a third encore in my opinion). Seattle was pretty loud for the first one, but the second one was loud and then quiet quickly. I know some people might have been tapped out, but its fucking Pearl Jam, last night of the tour. Guess I was hoping everyone would leave their voice in the arena.

But thats a minor complaint. Did the crowd not being as loud as some other shows affect my experience? Fuck no, I was loud as shit, so were many in our section, and its not like the crowd not being as loud as others affected the greatness of the bands performance. Love Seattle, glad I could see yet another show here (I've now seen 3 shows there) had a wonderful time and can't wait to see another show there.
    Five favourite shows ever

1. Pearl Jam, Calgary, 2005
    2. NIN/QOTSA/DFA 1979, Calgary, 2005
    3. Pearl Jam, Calgary, 2013
    4. Rock the Bells, San Francisco, 2007
    5. The White Stripes, Calgary, 2007