Options

*** Seattle Fanviews Here 12/6/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    fuck what I said earlier about hearing Kick Out The Jams in Vancouver and Seattle.

just watched my footage of it from last night....it was chaos. and it was amazing.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to make it to four shows on this tour and each one was spectacular. However, as a born and raised Seattleite, there is always something special about seeing PJ in my/our hometown... especially when you get to hold up EV as he comes into the crowd. I could not be more proud to share the city of Seattle with such a bunch of spectacular human-beings.
    "He won the lottery by being born. Big hand slapped a white male American."

Seattle, Vancouver, Spokane and Phoenix 2013
    Vancouver 2011
    LA, Seattle I, Seattle II 2009
    Milan, The Gorge I and The Gorge II 2006
    The Gorge 2005
    Listening since '92
  • Options
    cent208cent208 Posts: 435
    I was let down by this show. They played great as they always do put I felt it was a standard set list with mostly hits with the exception of Let Me Sleep/Crown of Thorns and In My Tree. It was very cool to hear Let Me Sleep especially since they haven't played it on over 19 years and it was the second time only but I feel the rest of the show was a typical show I could have seen anywhere at any city. I just expected a lot more rare stuff for being the final show of long tour and them playing in Seattle especially when it seemed like literally have of the stadium flew in for this show.
    "The pain is temporary the pride is forever."
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    edited December 2013
    Show six this tour. 35th overall.

2013 has been amazing. Philly 1-2 were great together.. Hartford was the icing on the cake. Insane crowd and band feeling every ounce of the energy.

A few weeks off, got married (!!! ;) ) and headed to Vancouver and Seattle for our honeymoon.

Vancouver was my only ga show.. Dead center in the back of the pit.. An amazing show.. Top 5 show and I've done 35 shows now.

Seattle is special to me because of a lot of reason. This is trip 7 for me, came here before to see Foo Fighters, then Sasquatch festival at the Gorge (NIN, Kings of Leon, Janes Addiction) back again for two pj shows in 09, then again for the Missoula show (flew here as drove to mt after a few days)

It's great to come to such a wonderful city for our honeymoon and share this time with so many wonderful fans all coming for the same reason. Makes everyone feel a little closer knowing we all share the love for pj.

The show was great. Section 103, and great fans around us.

Finally got to hear getaway and glad I did!

Garden was great, same with black.

I usually don't go on and on about mike like some do.. But last night he was on fire. Like he had something to prove. He bashed in his amp on even flow after playing a sick solo behind his back (not head!) which is very hard to do! Plus he was tearing it up, like he had something to prove. He really was in the zone last night, even more so than usual.

Lots of smoke in the key. After traveling 5 hours by plane to Vancouver, dealing with two hours of customs interrogation, seeing the show in Vancouver, standing about 6 hours between the ga line outside, then a few hours before pj, afterwards waking up the next day after 3 hours sleep, taking a 4 hour train, sleeping like shit and eating like shit... I was pretty wiped out. Plus I used the great delivery service and had alot of grade a smoke, alot more than usual for me.

Near the end of the show I felt lightheaded and woozy..: I've never felt that way in my life, never passed out before. Suddenly I was very thirsty, spiny, and realized I needed some air. I've read numerous stories of people not taking care of themselves and passing out in the pit and always said, why would you stay there if you weren't up for it? So I had to step out early. I feel good about it, really felt like I might faint, and really just needed some fresh air. 10 minutes outside and I was fine! But needless to say its been a long road and a great one. Didn't want it to end with me on the floor! :)

Pendulum was song 1000 for me. 35 shows and 1000+ songs under my belt and I've never been happier.

Thank you Pearl Jam for continuing to travel the world and play music, and for allowing me to be part of it and travel to far away places I would never normally have gone before. Add to that the best music and fans in the world, and you've got one happy newly married man here :):)

I've had my sign at all shows this tour and still no luck. If anyone has a picture where you can see my sign I would love to see it! Please let me know if you have one!!

114d1b60-909b-48b3-b95e-c0d59ae6fa95_zps6c87edce.jpg
    Post edited by smanchac1 on
  • Options
    How many times do I need to say that it's how well a band PLAYS and not their f'ing SETLIST???!!!

Stop going to 14 show per tour, "chasing songs" and what not. You're jaded by seeing so many shows - I know that they play different songs nite to nite, but the shiws aren't that much different from one one another. Some of you have crossed a line and you're not coming back (to reality).

p.s. Although they'd never say it to your face, pj really thinks you should save or put you $ to better use than going to 8 shows per tour
  • Options
    Smanchac congrats buddy that's awesome! The time change is killing me as well but I found a great bar with the college football games on so I am managing.

I'm sure you will get Rival eventually, hell of a song. But Seattle is really an awesome city and I plan on coming back for the next reason I can find, ha
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778

p.s. Although they'd never say it to your face, pj really thinks you should save or put you $ to better use than going to 8 shows per tour

Really? You know this how?

if it weren't for the die hards, this band would be long forgotten. It's the long time fans that maintain their success.

So again, you know this how?
  • Options
    Was unable to make it to this show after getting shut out of the 10c lottery, didn't seem worth it for me to sit in the upper level side stage either. The setlist would have been a disappointment looking at it now. The overall experience would have been great as always, but there were a lot of songs that I'm just not into hearing. Also, the Mudhoney setlist looked awesome for this, even with them having limited time.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited December 2013
    Not a chance. Ed makes constant references to touring fans and they all wave to fans whose faces they recognize from having seen them at multiple shows. I would bet they are flabbergasted and humbled at our willingness to invest so much of ourselves in the band and appreciate that it's the faithfull followers that keep the arenas filled to the brim.

As for my experience, I could not have had asked for a better show to close out the tour. The band seemed incredibly happy and the energy in my area (I was rail Stone's side) was amazing. The crowd was thunderous from what I could tell and totally smashed all my preconceived notions about Seattle crowds being lame. Breath into State of Love and Trust was sick and what made it all the more sweeter was I was standing right next to Jessica and Paris who led the Breath campaign in 1998. Lukin with Matt Lukin in the house and the story about the young girl wig rescued Ed 11 years ago were other highlights for me. The Yellow Ledbetter ending was very fitting.

Special thanks to everyone rooting for me and helping me with my ticket situation. I ultimately got a GA ticket from a friend but it was nerve wracking and I was starting to lose hope at some point. It became apparent to me how many new friends I've made from this tour by the number of people hi-fiving me at my ticket success. Kept hearing my name called out and getting the thumbs up from all around the arena. My heart is swelling with so much love for my PJ family right now.

This entire tour has been surreal and surpassed all expectations. After the amazing experience I had in Europe last year, I didn't think another tour could top it but this one did. It seems that the band poured a lot of love and care into the Lightning Bolt release and the tour, and it's really apparent to me. I feel so blessed to be able to be part of it all.
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Was unable to make it to this show after getting shut out of the 10c lottery

it's a shame that any fan would get shut out - and yet they're advertising to bring more fans in.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    some pretty sweet shots of Mike from last night in here

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 610&type=1
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    I don't chase songs. As I've said many times, I'd rather hear a so g I love than one I've never heard but don't love.
    I think this has been a tremendous tour and most of the shoes I saw were among my favorites of the 30 I've seen.

Last night wasn't one of them.

I've never been to a show I didn't thoroughly enjoy. But I agree they seemed somewhat tired, somewhat less focused last night though happily celebrating. Audience was fine but no NY or Philly.
  • Options
    Electro_UK wrote:
    I forgot about mike running up to solo on alive way into the stands. That was awesome. Does anyone know
    who came onstage during kick out the jams and tackled Eddie while holding a beer, then ran off stage?

That was none other than Mr Matt Lukin!

ahh good. Thanks!
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    mp220318mp220318 Seattle Posts: 23
    It was a great show. The setlist had some gems but I think could have been better (compared to Portland and Spokane). Daughter was unusually short, Cameron didn't play a drum solo on Evenflow, and Mike's guitar was a bit low. Crowd drowned Vedder out a bit during slower songs. I love the songs too but thought Ed deserved the mic. His voice control was exceptional this tour--never heard him command the tones so elegantly. All in all, they played very well and the crowd was clearly in love. A worthy tour conclusion.
  • Options
    For the people saying "decent", "could have been better", and the like, you got Garden, in my tree, Breath, Solat, Crown, Let me sleep, etc.n and a show which went well more than 3 hours. Why don't you guys look back at some 2000 or 2003 or 2009 setlists. The big wow in 2000 was Alive on the last night and Crown on the 1st night. I think they played Breath once in 2000. You are like drug addicts. Last night didn't give you your fix? What happens when the band hits their 50s and it is physically impossible to meet your needs? Are you going to eat them?

After seeing a bunch of posts complaining about the set not being good enough, I think these people probably aren't really fans anymore. By the way, a band plays a lot of songs from their latest release. They play songs which they are famous for. What made the songs famous? They're good or something? They played incredible rare songs. Anybody remember the Breath campaign? I really don't know what people want anymore. I think they ate too much of their favorite food and got sick of it. Forgot it was their favorite. It's a disease. I'm in awe of the set they played and astonished over the reaction.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    For the people saying "decent", "could have been better", and the like, you got Garden, in my tree, Breath, Solat, Crown, Let me sleep, etc.n and a show which went well more than 3 hours. Why don't you guys look back at some 2000 or 2003 or 2009 setlists. The big wow in 2000 was Alive on the last night and Crown on the 1st night. I think they played Breath once in 2000. You are like drug addicts. Last night didn't give you your fix? What happens when the band hits their 50s and it is physically impossible to meet your needs? Are you going to eat them?

After seeing a bunch of posts complaining about the set not being good enough, I think these people probably aren't really fans anymore. By the way, a band plays a lot of songs from their latest release. They play songs which they are famous for. What made the songs famous? They're good or something? They played incredible rare songs. Anybody remember the Breath campaign? I really don't know what people want anymore. I think they ate too much of their favorite food and got sick of it. Forgot it was their favorite. It's a disease. I'm in awe of the set they played and astonished over the reaction.
    Read my review!!! No point in perpetuating negativity, focus on the positives instead.
  • Options
    Electro_UK wrote:
    I forgot about mike running up to solo on alive way into the stands. That was awesome. Does anyone know
    who came onstage during kick out the jams and tackled Eddie while holding a beer, then ran off stage?

That was none other than Mr Matt Lukin!

Yep, I thought that was great, thought I was the only one that noticed it.

Great to see him. I went to all of the Mudhoney shows in Seattle this year and figured he would pop up at one of those, but never did.
  • Options
    did anybody else score some sweet parking lot merch? bootlegged shirts 10 bucks! no lineups.....

I always buy these when asked.....i have some from philly in 2006.

but the one I love the most is the shirt I bought off a guy in 2000 in Seattle, still have it. He was selling them INSIDE McDonalds!!!!!

but seriously, the one I got last night is pretty nice, big logos, tour dates.
  • Options
    Shout out to all the folks around me in Section 101 rows 23-25, I had an absolute blast. The show always feels more special being surrounded by fellow diehard fans. I loved last night's show. I think everyone who's complaining was expecting something equivalent to the 2009 Philly 4 show. While it would've been mindblowing to hear 'Hold On', 'Of the Earth', and 'All Along the Watchtower', I can attest that as things were winding down, it felt like the show ended at just the right time and the setlist length was just right.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed every minute of the show, but I was awake since 7:30 am, put in most of a work day, sat through traffic for almost an hour to get to the Key, stood in the frigid cold for an hour for t-shirts just to find out most of the shirts were sold out outside but were being sold inside. At 12:15 I was ready to call it a night.

Incredible show, so grateful and happy that I got to see them. I think we're done looking backward. Just as the band would, let's look forward to the next couple of years, and hope the band collectively comes to their senses and plays a show or two at the Gorge rather than Key Arena.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    pjam2pjam2 Posts: 32
    Maybe this is why I rarely post on the forum. Complainers? Can you please get over yourselves. I was there.., it was a terrific show packed with energy. If you just read the setlist and made a judgement by it as "average', then you don't have a clue. How they played the songs, the solo's.., the song changes, the banter and all of the other random stuff we have grown to be accustomed to watching them over the years. If you didn't go, don't make snap judgements that make you look silly to those of us that were there. Kinda' like voting in my book. If you don't vote.., your opinion means nothing. It was a great, special night and I'll bet if you asked PJ what they thought, they sure in the hell wouldn't say.., "oh, we were average." To the f-hole that bought 60 stickers right before me.., not saying he's in the 10C.., well I almost caught up to you and that would have been really fun! :evil: Gal at the merch. stand told me if someone wanted to buy their entire inventory in one purchase.., they could! Ridiculous! Thankfully it didn't get leaked out about the release of some of the original PJ Faithfull Ale this week. :o In wraps.., we are not in the band and do not have the ability to make our own personal fave. setlists. Let it go and be happy to go to any PJ show at all.., unless you feel every show has to be a Benaroya/Vegas 10th/MSG blowout every show they play.
    Jeff Goodwin
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    This show was sixk.

I got to party and hang with the "D" tricecta - Dallas crew. Derybydave, and Disgruntled Dave.

Sick show. Fun show.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    I have seen pearl jam 30 times and every show is great but really there is nothing like seeing them in NY. The band and especially the audience are awesome. There is something about Seattle shows that people just don't give a f or something I was really dissapointed when I saw them in seattle, thought it was going to be home town awesome but I think a lot of people there just didn't care, the show was still great just not the best.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Wow ... Another boring generic set list ...

:P

Dang nabits! Wish I could have made a show ... :fp:

:D
  • Options
    So this was show 31 for me since first in 92 lolapalooza. I don't post on here, but seriously everyone get over yourself, how many gems I saw, how many sing alongs...enjoy the ride and stop thinking everything is about you! If it bugs you to see a "generic" show, don't come, the rest of us will be much happier without you! So glad they got rid of the riff raff back in the mid 90's, seems sometimes they may need to do that again. PJ rules!!!
  • Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    It was a really good show. It was not the best of shows. The crowd was lacking compared to some of the other shows I saw this tour. Probably on the lower half of the 11 shows I was at. The set list was great and the number of songs was great, and I'm thrilled every time I get to see the band and I never want it to end. But if I were to sit back and evaluate, it's not near the top. Really enjoyed meeting the people around me, especially a PJ traveler from England and an older woman who was solo that also saw a number of east coast shows. She was rocking out, I loved her!

Dave from NY
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    how many times can you see matt lukin pull ed to the ground, spilling his budweiser onto stone's monitors?

only in seattle

8-)
  • Options
    Went to a bar late night after watching Sparty trash Ohio State and started bs'ing with a guy that couldn't wrap his head around me being so young (relatively speaking) and flying out to see them. We got talking a bit more and he was saying he used to get dragged to Green River shows back in the late '80s. Right there I was floored and the crazier part was that he said he never saw PJ ever.... Which to see GR and live in Seattle and never see PJ I was trying to wrap my head around it.

Turns out this guy went to high school with Stone and said he went to at least 10 Green River shows. I sat there and just listened to this guy shoot the shit for about 2 hours and just couldn't believe the stories from back in the day. It truly is a great experience every time you get to go visit somewhere and see this band. My friend got snowed in down in Portland and never made it but it was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    norm wrote:
    how many times can you see matt lukin pull ed to the ground, spilling his budweiser onto stone's monitors?

only in seattle

8-)

:thumbup: :thumbup:

it was a fucking blast. period.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Matt Lukin
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    The show fucking rocked. I disagree with the comment about NY being better. I'm from NYC, and my experience seeing them at MSG in the past was beign surrounded by assholes on cell phones or who otherwise talked through shows. I was in the 200 level, BEHIND the stage, and every single person around me was on his/her feet for the entire show, singing, yelling, jumping up and down--it was awesome. I had thought about trying to snag a better seat before the show started but decided to stay because the energy was perfect where I was. And the band--holy shit. I can believe they wanted to play that long, what I can't believe is how amazing they sounded right through the very last note. I will never forget that show.