Comments

• Options
    Sea wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    Key Arena
    Seattle, WA.
    Dec. 06, 2013
    Set List
    34. Kick Out The Jams w/ Mark Arm, Steve Turner, Kim Thayil-(Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner)

Was Tim DiJulio not there? I thought I saw him in a pic with Jeff, and Kim - from last night's show...

:D
    07-19-'13 Chicago (TY EarthCam) @ 10♣
    07-16-'13 London (TY Dave)
    09-07-'11 Montreal
    09-04-'11 PJ20 In My Tree (TY Gary) @ 10♣
    09-03-'11 PJ20 In My Tree (TY Gary) @ 10♣
    05-09-'06 Toronto
    10-01-'96 Buffalo
  • Options
    Seriously, if anyone thought Seattle was just sub-par/average/decent. Do everyone in Seattle a favor and don't go next time, make room for somebody else.

You got a 3+ hour show.
    You got great energy from the band
    You got rarities
    You got never before played on tour in a tour where they seemingly already played everything
    You got every song they could've played from the Singles soundtrack
    You got McCready running laps/running into the crowd/doing behind the back guitar solos
    You got Eddie climbing on shit
    You got banter/stories from the band
    You got special guests
    You got sing-alongs
    You got everything except for a Layne Staley hologram

With a show like that, sometimes you gotta step back and realize you're the problem.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,762
    edited December 2013
    Sea wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    Key Arena
    Seattle, WA.
    Dec. 06, 2013
    Set List
    34. Kick Out The Jams w/ Mark Arm, Steve Turner, Kim Thayil-(Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner)

Was Tim DiJulio not there? I thought I saw him in a pic with Jeff, and Kim - from last night's show...

Tim came out and played during Kick Out The Jams for sure.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Seriously, if anyone thought Seattle was just sub-par/average/decent. Do everyone in Seattle a favor and don't go next time, make room for somebody else.

You got a 3+ hour show.
    You got rarities
    You got never before played on tour in a tour where they seemingly already played everything
    You got McCready running laps/running into the crowd/doing behind the back guitar solos
    You got special guests
    You got sing-alongs

With a show like that, sometimes you gotta step back and realize you're the problem.

Wasn't there but completely agree. Fans need to be not so self centered and realize the setlist is designed for maximum enjoyment of the band, the diehards, the first timers, and everyone in the arena. You play a VIc show in an arena and you risk losing 90% if not more of the audience.

And as someone who's gone to double digit shows...would kill for RVM into Alive. Has that been done this century?
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options

You got a 3+ hour show.
    You got rarities
    You got special guests
    You got sing-alongs

Well said. I find myself saying "I wish they would have played more stuff I haven't heard before" then I realize that I've been to enough shows that there isn't much left that I haven't heard. I'm just super happy I got to see the band. I really don't understand how anyone came away from that show thinking that it was anything short of spectacular.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Loving this set list! :mrgreen: Wonder how the boot turns out considering all of the Mike comments...however a boot that highlights Stone!? HELL YEAH!!!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    I forgot about mike running up to solo on alive way into the stands. That was awesome. Does anyone know
    who came onstage during kick out the jams and tackled Eddie while holding a beer, then ran off stage?
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,594
    edited December 2013

You got a 3+ hour show.
    You got rarities
    You got special guests
    You got sing-alongs

The set list looks good to me, and the band i'm sure was wonderful, but if people couldn't hear mike's guitar and the crowd was kind of lame like some people are reporting, the comai ts make a bit more sense. If it was just about the set list and eddie's banter and what they were doing on stage I would say it looks like a damn good show. Bottom line, the crowd makes all the difference!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    llessuRllessuR Posts: 195

You got a 3+ hour show.
    You got rarities
    You got special guests
    You got sing-alongs

Well said. People take this band for granted sometimes. I can think of shows I've attended (other bands) where 20 songs felt premium.
    http://www.audiohammock.com - Rock, Indie, and Electronic reviews, news, and the AudioHammock podcast.
    Favorite Albums of 2014 Article
    -Gorge 2005
    -Bonnaroo 2008
    -Key Arena 1 & 2 2009
    -Spokane 2013
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Was a great show ... no doubt. I was in the lower bowl behind the stage and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Many of the things mentioned were pretty fantastic, bringing the young lady on stage that saved Ed's life, Let Me Sleep was magical ... truly magical (friend of mine from Calgary actually called this a week ago ... how, I have no idea) ... Kim ripping it up on Kick out the Jams ... then during Eruption, I watched him *totally* geek out while Mike was shredding, quite the mutual respect from those two, that was fun to watch.

My only slight disappointment was Of The Earth getting scratched again ... only because it was my friend's sign Ed called out in Vancouver and it was on the set list twice. It's not about it being a rarity, it was about Ed pointing out my friend and telling him he had him covered in Seattle ... then didn't. It could have been any song, and that would have been a bummer.

As for the crowd, this Seattle crowd was far better than the 2 shows I caught in 2009, by far ...

Overall, just a fantastic night .... good way to end my 5 show run.

So when's everyone heading over the venue for Seattle 2? :? :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    eastside1010@hotmail.comeastside1010@hotmail.com Lake Stevens, WA Posts: 2
    This is a shout out for all those brave souls who stood in the seattle merch line for hours in the freezing cold. Most dedicated fans in the world. I enjoyed the conversations. Such a diverse fan base. Great people. Take care.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

My only slight disappointment was Of The Earth getting scratched again ... only because it was my friend's sign Ed called out in Vancouver and it was on the set list twice. It's not about it being a rarity, it was about Ed pointing out my friend and telling him he had him covered in Seattle ... then didn't. It could have been any song, and that would have been a bummer.

I was talking to my friend about this on the drive home back to Vancouver last night. That seems uncharacteristic of Eddie. Very strange for him to call out the guy, pretty much promise they'll play the song the next night, only to scratch it off again. I felt bad for your friend. However, I felt great for my friend because it was her first time seeing PJ and they subbed "Of the Earth" for "Black" and that's one she really wanted to hear.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    llessuR wrote:
    People take this band for granted sometimes. .
    you are right..this is really a problem around here
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    AB33658AB33658 Seattle, WA Posts: 7
    What I would like to see is footage from a go pro strapped to mike next time he runs through the halls and down the stairs past all the folks in the 100s at Key Arena!

The set list - it's like a static snapshot from my phone - can't capture the full scope of this experience. So I put my phone down and threw my arms up in the air and didn't quit jamming out until 12:15am. This band continues to kill it - I think now more than ever in their career together. Who plays 36 songs really? And if they did, most bands would run out of 'rarities' pretty quick! Twenty plus years of material and it all sounds/feels like it's happening RIGHT NOW. That's the secret. If it's possible, Black just gets prettier each time I see them and I've probably never seen a show where they didn't play it. Just does not get old :)
    Then Garden was just... Whew.

Last night Pearl Jam tore the roof off key arena, best live rock act ever!
    Milwaukee 1995 Kansas City 1998 St Louis 2000 San Antonio, Dallas, Little Rock 2003 Toledo, Gorge, Vancouver 2005 Seattle 2009 London 2010 Chigago (wrigley), Portland, Spokane, Seattle 2013
  • Options

You got a 3+ hour show.
    You got rarities
    You got special guests
    You got sing-alongs

AWESOME DUDE! EXACTLY! These people crack me up, I HAVE NEVER been to a show in all the 47 shows I have been to without feeling totally fulfilled!
  • Options
    llessuR wrote:
    People take this band for granted sometimes. .
    you are right..this is really a problem around here

Ditto!
  • Options
    seattle was fabulous......thanks pearl jam for all you give.....just a quick...personal note to my best friend husband for THE MOST AMAZING CHRISTMAS GIFT......the only way this concert could have been better....if he would have been dancing and singing by my side!!!!!! Happy day!!!
  • Options
    Listen, I went last night and talked to several people after the show waiting on the rail. We all agreed this was an average show with the exception being "Let Me Sleep". The force feeding of lightning bolt songs is one of the issues as well as all the standards. The band was tired and mailed it in last night if you ask me. I am not bitter one way or the other. The problem is people hype up expectations too much (see Wrigley field). I am gonna take a year off of shows I think so I can decide how much more $$$ I want to piss chasing songs I probably won't ever hear. Nonetheless it's hard not to have a good time 1) at a PJ show 2) in Seattle WA.

Hearing "Let Me Sleep " was worth the cost of admission. Would have liked some more rarities but all is well.
  • Options
    Listen, I went last night and talked to several people after the show waiting on the rail. We all agreed this was an average show with the exception being "Let Me Sleep". The force feeding of lightning bolt songs is one of the issues as well as all the standards. The band was tired and mailed it in last night if you ask me. I am not bitter one way or the other. The problem is people hype up expectations too much (see Wrigley field). I am gonna take a year off of shows I think so I can decide how much more $$$ I want to piss chasing songs I probably won't ever hear. Nonetheless it's hard not to have a good time 1) at a PJ show 2) in Seattle WA.

Hearing "Let Me Sleep " was worth the cost of admission. Would have liked some more rarities but all is well.
    Well i think the fact that you're "chasing songs" is your problem. Start chasing experiences and feelings exclusively instead and you might feel a lot better!
    I do not understand this song collecting business at all. From everything i've heard and read, which is a lot, chasing songs makes the PJ concert experience less fulfulling for those doing it because they ALWAYS have a reason to be disappointed or wishing for more (even if the set list and/or crowd was amazing) while the non-song chasers are on cloud 9. But hey, to each their own I guess!
    It's just weird to see people leaving a stellar show looking disappointed because they were hoping for more rarities... taking this band for granted indeed! :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I got a copy of the original set list. Trying to figure out a way to post the image to this thread (?)

If any one knows how, shoot me a private message and I will happily comply.

Also... Any one who has something bad to say about this show is out of their f#cking mind. My brother and I made the trip from Northern California and it was worth every second. "Sat" in 107 directly across from Ed and it was epic.

The story of this show:
    Chloe
    Crown
    Breath
    State
    Porch

To end first encore.

Those five - in that string right there - constitute a stand alone masterpiece.

I woke up this morning thinking it is funny that six dudes on a stage can send my body into involuntary muscle responses for over three hours. For almost the entire night I could not help but move like my soul was on fire. But when Ed broke into Chloe I sat down and damn near lost my sh#t. Beautiful.

Those of you who have gone to so many shows that you can not appreciate this one... Just a thought here: Maybe uh... stop going and let someone else have your tickets?

If and when you talk or write about this band and you begin to sound like "Comic Book Guy" from the Simpsons YOU HAVE BEEN TO TOO MANY SHOWS!! Put the 10C tickets down and step away.

LOL.

Humble. Thankful. Elated. Peace!
    "What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing?"
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    I forgot about mike running up to solo on alive way into the stands. That was awesome.

Just saw some of that on Youtube.

Holy mackerel.

The man isn't human
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Such an amazing show! After all these many many years they still bring it full force and never disappoint. Am still in awe at how good they are. Absolute pros!

Thread amazing PJ nights in Portland, Spokane and Seattle!! Thank you Pearl Jam and the Ten Club!!

-Kevin
  • Options
    I got a copy of the original set list. Trying to figure out a way to post the image to this thread (?)

If any one knows how, shoot me a private message and I will happily comply.

Also... Any one who has something bad to say about this show is out of their f#cking mind. My brother and I made the trip from Northern California and it was worth every second. "Sat" in 107 directly across from Ed and it was epic.

The story of this show:
    Chloe
    Crown
    Breath
    State
    Porch

To end first encore.

I woke up this morning thinking it is funny that six dudes on a stage can send my body into involuntary muscle responses for over three hours. For almost the entire night I could not help but move like my soul was on fire. But when Ed broke into Chloe I sat down and damn near lost my sh#t. Beautiful.

Those of you who have gone to so many shows that you can not appreciate this one... Just a thought here: Maybe uh... stop going and let someone else have your tickets?

If and when you talk or write about this band and you begin to sound like "Comic Book Guy" from the Simpsons YOU HAVE BEEN TO TOO MANY SHOWS!! Put the 10C tickets down and step away.

LOL.

Humble. Thankful. Elated. Peace!
    :lol: Many good points here. Comic book guy, lol. Totally apt statement. Some people just need to give the shows a rest.
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611

You got a 3+ hour show.
    You got rarities
    You got special guests
    You got sing-alongs

For real. Get outta here. What more do you want? Jesus, some people are never satisfied!

Looks like an amazing night! Great tour!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    Decent show. I was expecting way more but Let Me Sleep made it worth it. Without that it would have been an average show.

This guy... Some folks are never happy. I bet this person was the dbag who bought 20 stickers and 10 posters. Tonight was amazing. No words. But I know these above were not the right ones. More to come after I sleep....

No believe me it was a good show but even just talking to some folks today it doesn't stack up to the shows I saw on this tour. I had an absolute blast and don't waste my time in line for things because I am out enjoying the city. I would put this towards the bottom of the shows I saw this tour and I honestly mean that. It was very hit heavy and the songs they crossed off would have really made things play out differently. The other sets from the last few shows seemed way better. Just my opinion.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    And that is a testament to how out of this world awesome this tour has been. I'm not someone who gets pissed off if I didn't get a gem or anything along those lines, but I was lower level and of the 20 or so seats across in each row, there were 3 people to my right and 5 to my left. Probably another 7 or 8 empty seats the row in front of me. I couldn't believe the empty seats since it was sold out but they were giving backstage passes away to everyone last night it seemed. I'm sure they have tons of family and friends which is sweet to hook them up. The passes had each members initials on them depending on who's guest it was. I can't imagine how awesome that must have been.

But I do think it was very average for this tour. Chloe/Crown in that building was special though since I met a lady who said she had met Andy once or twice back in the day so I realize how many friends he had who heard them play that in that arena and could picture Andy singing it, some powerful stuff.

Out of the 7 shows I saw this tour, I would probably put it above Philly 2 and Baltimore. Other than that I thought Pitt, Philly 1 and both Brooklyn's were better. Just my honest opinion, I'm not trying to be a dbag or complain, just remember that an average PJ show still beats 75% of all concerts. :D
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    The story of this show:
    Chloe
    Crown
    Breath
    State
    Porch

To end first encore.

This statement is legitimate. The Seattle show sounded awesome. We are so fortunate to have PJ rocking as they do. Every time they begin to grow a little stale for me... I see them (like in Vancouver) and my batteries are fully charged again for quite a while.

Think what it will be like when they hang 'em up.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    The story of this show:
    Chloe
    Crown
    Breath
    State
    Porch

To end first encore.

Just came on to talk about this, but you beat me to it.

Seeing these all one after the other, in Seattle....no words for it. Absolute highlight of the show. So sick.

This was an incredible show, I will say that. It really had everything. I will stand by Vancouver being the better show however. Seeing Kick Out The Jams and Got Some in back to back shows is my only complaint if you can even call it that....Nuts when Kim Thayil came out however......Mike in the stands....Ed climbing HIGH. Let Me Sleep...couldnt even believe what I was hearing.

Well worth the trip down to Seattle and what I paid on Stubhub :oops: (a first for me)

I have A LOT of drunken HD footage from the show I think. I'll throw something together. Im not pro, but maybe a little montage or something....

Long Live Pearl Jam Live. No Concert can even come close to what these guys do.

Props to Key Arena for keeping the beer flowing LATE into the show. In Vancouver, the taps are shut down first note of first song. it really sucks.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    I forgot about mike running up to solo on alive way into the stands. That was awesome. Does anyone know
    who came onstage during kick out the jams and tackled Eddie while holding a beer, then ran off stage?

That was none other than Mr Matt Lukin!
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Well i think the fact that you're "chasing songs" is your problem. Start chasing experiences and feelings exclusively instead and you might feel a lot better!
    I do not understand this song collecting business at all. From everything i've heard and read, which is a lot, chasing songs makes the PJ concert experience less fulfulling for those doing it because they ALWAYS have a reason to be disappointed or wishing for more (even if the set list and/or crowd was amazing) while the non-song chasers are on cloud 9. But hey, to each their own I guess!
    It's just weird to see people leaving a stellar show looking disappointed because they were hoping for more rarities... taking this band for granted indeed! :fp:
    Well said!

Overhype was the issue here. I think too many people assumed that because it was PJ's hometown that they would break out so many rare songs that the crowd wouldn't know what to do with them

There was no reason to assume the setlists wouldn't be based off of what PJ was traditionally done this tour. And there is only disappointment in "chasing" songs PJ for the sake of hearing different ones

Personally as much as I would love to hear every PJ song ever, I would much rather enjoy the songs they do play rather than lament the songs they didn't. Give me 100 Pearl Jam shows where they play Alive and Even Flow and every one of those shows I would be pumping my fists in the air rocking out to those same tunes ;)