Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    liljoey90 wrote:

I wonder if it's a good idea to order this? There's like no description for it… I don't wanna miss out on having this and pay hundreds on ebay.

I'd go ahead if I were you. You can always cancel before it ships
  • Options
    liljoey90 wrote:

I wonder if it's a good idea to order this? There's like no description for it… I don't wanna miss out on having this and pay hundreds on ebay.

You can always cancel your order. Amazon is good like that.
  • Options
    sold out??

lets the drama begins!!

Did you get one mr Dimitri?
  • Options
    liljoey90liljoey90 Long Island, N.Y. Posts: 213
    jonsey30 wrote:
    I hope my order actually goes through. I did get the order confirmation e-mail, but I'm nervous that it was so close to when it sold out that I'll get screwed. It is kind of crazy to me that something could be so limited that some people won't be able to get it. I was out eating lunch at a restaurant when the newsletter e-mail came through, and I was like pushing my wife out so we could get home and order this thing. For a band that claims to want the best for their fans, they sure do create a dog-eat-dog enviroment where things like the Benny Hall records are $1,000 and up. In some ways I think it is kind of exciting to feel the urgency to grab this, but if I was not able to get online and buy this and now it is sold out, I would be super pissed. Just saying.

It's not the band's fault the benny set is so high , how can it be? they don't set the price for the after market, flippers do

Yea but there's no reason to limit some of these things. I understand numbering it and limiting it makes it more collectable, but Pearl Jam has way too many fans to do that. It winds up upsetting more people than it makes happy. It's insane to think that on a Sunday morning if you didn't check your email by 3-4 PM, you were screwed out of this.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    edited November 2013
    Huh... seems mind of strange - no photo, URLs that stop working... i don't think i'd trust this sale. Sometimes amazon jumps the gun and does this with items they can't actually attain. I got screwed by them that way when I tried to buy the PJ20 soundtrack from them. It took them three months after i ordered to finally admit they weren't able to get any more copies of it. No harm in trying of course. I just wouldn't get my hopes up about it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    liljoey90 wrote:
    jonsey30 wrote:
    I hope my order actually goes through. I did get the order confirmation e-mail, but I'm nervous that it was so close to when it sold out that I'll get screwed. It is kind of crazy to me that something could be so limited that some people won't be able to get it. I was out eating lunch at a restaurant when the newsletter e-mail came through, and I was like pushing my wife out so we could get home and order this thing. For a band that claims to want the best for their fans, they sure do create a dog-eat-dog enviroment where things like the Benny Hall records are $1,000 and up. In some ways I think it is kind of exciting to feel the urgency to grab this, but if I was not able to get online and buy this and now it is sold out, I would be super pissed. Just saying.

It's not the band's fault the benny set is so high , how can it be? they don't set the price for the after market, flippers do

Yea but there's no reason to limit some of these things. I understand numbering it and limiting it makes it more collectable, but Pearl Jam has way too many fans to do that. It winds up upsetting more people than it makes happy. It's insane to think that on a Sunday morning if you didn't check your email by 3-4 PM, you were screwed out of this.

Get one of those cell phone things.
  • Options
    liljoey90 wrote:
    jonsey30 wrote:

Yeah true but they could over produce and be sat with surplus stock, damned if you do, damned if you don't i suppose
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    Just joined the club for first time to get this....by then it was sold out....

Sigh
  • Options
    liljoey90liljoey90 Long Island, N.Y. Posts: 213
    vaggar99 wrote:
    liljoey90 wrote:

I'd go ahead if I were you. You can always cancel before it ships

Just placed the order. Hopefully it all works out. I wonder why the ten Club says it's an exclusive?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    jonsey30 wrote:

Benny was sold back in 2003 or 2004. The price wasn't $1,000 in 2005. It took a while. Nobody selling for $1,000 now is flipping, they are just smart.
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    liljoey90 wrote:
    jonsey30 wrote:

Truth is, they are smart for doing stuff like this. They can claim it is for the fans, but it is putting a lot of money in their pockets. We rush to grab the limited shit and it sells out, which makes us rush even faster to get the next one. Same with the tickets. I think Wrigley created so much craziness for this tour just because so many people were shut out. I get it, and I'm fine with it as long as I keep getting in before the sell-out. But I totally understand why people bitch, and don't think anyone has the right to tell them not to bitch
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    I am blaming myself for this. I was home earlier today, and could have placed the order, but was waiting til later on when hubby went out. I could kick myself for waiting!! :fp: :cry:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,945
    liljoey90 wrote:

Just placed the order. Hopefully it all works out. I wonder why the ten Club says it's an exclusive?

Maybe Ten Club messed up? I'm sure that happens, they're just people after all.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Benny was sold back in 2003 or 2004. The price wasn't $1,000 in 2005. It took a while. Nobody selling for $1,000 now is flipping, they are just smart.[/quote]

let's not open that can of worms :lol:
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    rvmullen wrote:
    Just joined the club for first time to get this....by then it was sold out....

Sigh

Get it on amazon man it seems like they're still available. It's the same thing I'm sure of it. LB was the same exact thing too. Hurry.

And welcome to the 10c, a great group of people on here.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    sold out??

lets the drama begins!!

yes,ill trade it with a kidney in 20 years.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    jonsey30 wrote:

lol, the flippers don't set the price, the buyers do.
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    propro Posts: 134
    the fucking thing is sold out and I didn't get a chance to order it. Some cunt is selling it for $289 and it hasn't received its copy yet... scalper fans here too? :evil:
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838
    boyo79 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    Cool for those that 'need' this. Don't really understand the point, apart from to take more cash from the fans. $55? I'll pass!

Why do you think $9 per single is too much? Isn't that about the norm? Plus special packaging and a promised cool insert. I don't really see this as over priced honestly. Especially since some of these singles you're not going to be able to find otherwise. To me, I'd rather have this than the actual vinyl album just for the uniqueness of it.

And I love the new shipping. I wanted a couple other things, but didn't want to pay the shipping, so i waited. Well, lo and behold added them to this order and no additional extra shipping charge!

Well it is overpriced given the Lightning Bolt LP sold at what $30 or so? A promised cool insert could be anything, it could be equally as disappointing as the MYM video in the 'exclusive 10c digital content' when preordering the 10c version of the album. I'd be all over this if it contained some extra songs - proper b-sides. But it doesn't. It's just a repackaged album spread over 6 45s.

It's like £35 for you. Go for it.
  • Options
    lol, the flippers don't set the price, the buyers do.[/quote]

:lol: correct sorry , like i said, can of worms
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2

• Options
    liljoey90 wrote:
    jonsey30 wrote:

How many should they make then??

I don't really get that thinking at this point. 10c does this kind of thing all the time. By now, everyone should understand that if they are interested in getting special PJ merch they can't just sit around and wait for it to fall in their lap. Especially in this case. The newsletter is sent on the 10th of the month now - how hard is it to just make sure you check your email a lot on that day to make sure you don't miss something like this? Or follow the 10c members group on Facebook and turn on the posting notifications. Dimi usually posts this stuff there within minutes.

I just figure that if people are really into it, then they can make it so that they have a chance to get it. It's simply a 'you snooze you lose' situation i think. Limited edition stuff is super common practice, isn't it? I'm not saying it's a good practice (very small numbers like with this item seems kind of lame), but since that's the deal, and 10c makes no secret of the fact that this is how they like to do things, we need to adjust if we want a chance to buy such things .... But still, I am sorry for those who were snoozing. Maybe a lesson for next time? At least on the 10th of the month?
    ... I definitely sympathize with the person who just joined to buy this set though, since he didn't know any better... but hey, now you know for next time! Welcome! :wave:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    this might not be all that limited. Its still available on Amazon
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    Don't hold your breath with amazon.

I'm still waiting for my TOTD vinyl to come in :roll:
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    sold out??

lets the drama begins!!

yes,ill trade it with a kidney in 20 years.. :lol:
    :lol:
  • Options
    Sold out already? yowza!
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    I wonder - will this arrive before the Lightning Bolt LP I ordered back in July - which according to the site when I ordered it "CD and Vinyl format will be shipped to arrive on release date."
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    How many should they make then??

I don't really get that thinking at this point. 10c does this kind of thing all the time. By now, everyone should understand that if they are interested in getting special PJ merch they can't just sit around and wait for it to fall in their lap. Especially in this case. The newsletter is sent on the 10th of the month now - how hard is it to just make sure you check your email a lot on that day to make sure you don't miss something like this? Or follow the 10c members group on Facebook and turn on the posting notifications. Dimi usually posts this stuff there within minutes.

I just figure that if people are really into it, then they can make it so that they have a chance to get it. It's simply a 'you snooze you lose' situation i think. Limited edition stuff is super common practice, isn't it? I'm not saying it's a good practice (very small numbers like with this item seems kind of lame), but since that's the deal, and 10c makes no secret of the fact that this is how they like to do things, we need to adjust if we want a chance to buy such things .... But still, I am sorry for those who were snoozing. Maybe a lesson for next time? At least on the 10th of the month?
    ... I definitely sympathize with the person who just joined to buy this set though, since he didn't know any better... but hey, now you know for next time! Welcome! :wave:

I get what you are saying, but they should make enough so that it can exist in the shop for at least 48h before being SOLD OUT... or something like that... different timezones and everything...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited November 2013
    didn't log in the whole day, missed it... bummer...

edit: funny the terms of the sale: "make sure you still live in the same house by february next year!"

I made an attempt to read the whole thread but meh... I can live without this, surely there will be more later... amazon pre order? I might, later...
    Post edited by javis el errante on
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I'll get one from Lost Dogs in January for $650 and have someone tell me it's worth it and the seller is a great guy.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    CButt2CButt2 Posts: 157

Check that guys joined date? Oct 30, 2011.