Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    MUZIK wrote:
    FR181798 wrote:
    Everyone who missed out is saying they are gutted but it didnt say exclusive to 10c. I' m certain 10c have just sold out their allocation. They might get more and I'm sure we'll see this for sale other places other than amazon.

wishful thinking.

i never heard the 10c label something as " very limited edition "

correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah, the "very limited" caught my eye. Can't wait to get it. Would be awesome if they were numbered but I know they won't be.
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
    2022: San Diego, LA1
    2024: LA1
  • Options
    propro Posts: 134
    I agree that it should have it in their hands to sell it but it's not worth $400 at the moment.
    warsumm wrote:
    But, I do think a person should at least wait until they have the item in hand before trying to sell it to someone.

i agree with this. people are gonna resell regardless, but to ask 8 times more for an item you dont even have, or might never have, is sheer cruelty and stupidity on the seller's part. i sent a nasty message too, seller got back to me with random Pearl jam lyrics. Total smartass loser.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    MUZIK wrote:
    FR181798 wrote:
    Everyone who missed out is saying they are gutted but it didnt say exclusive to 10c. I' m certain 10c have just sold out their allocation. They might get more and I'm sure we'll see this for sale other places other than amazon.

wishful thinking.

i never heard the 10c label something as " very limited edition "

correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah, the "very limited" caught my eye. Can't wait to get it. Would be awesome if they were numbered but I know they won't be.
    It'would be awesome:lol:
  • Options
    buck502000 wrote:
    these are going to be the "best" sounding press(es) of the new album, just you wait and see.
    Yup. Got mine. And I'm gonna spin the shit out of them :D
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    buck502000 wrote:
    these are going to be the "best" sounding press(es) of the new album, just you wait and see.

Yea, me thinks the LP should have been a double. Not sure why they didn't until maybe now. Should sound better bc much more room for each song, correct?
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Things to keep in mind when you see something like this.

d824_1.JPG
    th?id=H.4983181148095916&pid=15.1
    330419557048.jpg
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,926
    wtf? "Sold out"... already? :x
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    wtf? "Sold out"... already? :x

4 hours ago...
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    warsumm wrote:
    "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available. "

$400 listing is gone.

ha! good! Hopefully seller got enough pressure put on them to take it down.

Negative, someone bought it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-Light ... 20daf9f77e
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    In order to add insult to injury, I just got the email from the ten club, I don't know how bulk mail works, or if it is because of yahoo, but in the list of mails, it reads I got it at 10:56 am Buenos Aires time, but within the email says it was sent at 3:56 pm... but I got it just now, 9:25 pm...

At least we know that they have the lacquer to press 7" vinyl and release real singles for real...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    mcrok wrote:
    buck502000 wrote:

Yea, me thinks the LP should have been a double. Not sure why they didn't until maybe now. Should sound better bc much more room for each song, correct?
    Precisely. The more grooves they can spread a song over the better the sound and detail. Which is why most audiophile nerds will tell you the best way to listen to a song is a 12" single, & I can attest to that. I have 12" singles of songs I've heard a hundred times on other media...LP, cassette, cd...it absolutely sounds the best when it's spread out on a 12". Next best thing would be a 10", then a 7", then an album stretched out on a double LP, then a single LP. These 7" will probably sound killer because the songs are all mostly average length. Can't wait to spin them:)
  • Options
    Damn. I was gonna pull the trigger tomorrow AM when I fire up the computer. Now I see it doesn't matter. Maybe he 10c version comes with a digital download of an alternate take of Sirens?
  • Options
    Bant wrote:
    warsumm wrote:
    "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available. "

$400 listing is gone.

what strikes my attention about this ebay listing is that if anything happens, the buyer won't be able to open a case, since the 10C member who flips this item might not receive it rightaway, and the ebay buyer might not get ir within the 45-day period...

• Options
    warsumm wrote:

$400 listing is gone.

It is likely someone bought with the intention of not paying for it, but just did it to get it off the site. Or bought it to immediately leave negative feedback. be interested to see how it plays out.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,926
    I'll say it again 'cause I feel that strongly about it and then I'll let it go:

I'm guessing "flip" is exactly the reason these are sold out already. "Pearl Jam, the Investment Company you can trust"- if you're fast enough. This really ticks me off. It's like, if you really love vinyl you have to fucking watch this place like a hawk or shell out ridiculous bucks to flippers. If Pearl Jam really wanted to be innovative they'd make 45's affordable and available like they used to be. Now it's just trendy, shit loads of packaging, super limited numbers, flip flip flip, and has little to do with making good sounding analog available to those who love it. Bah! Fuck me.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    It is doubtful someone legitimately bought and paid for this at $400 already.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    brianlux wrote:

I'm guessing "flip" is exactly the reason these are sold out already. "Pearl Jam, the Investment Company you can trust"- if you're fast enough. This really ticks me off. It's like, if you really love vinyl you have to fucking watch this place like a hawk or shell out ridiculous bucks to flippers. If Pearl Jam really wanted to be innovative they'd make 45's affordable and available like they used to be. Now it's just trendy, shit loads of packaging, super limited numbers, flip flip flip, and has little to do with making good sounding analog available to those who love it. Bah! Fuck me.

Amen, brother.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It will be a very expensive negative feedback of 400 dollars... hopefully to get it off the site
    warsumm wrote:
    warsumm wrote:

$400 listing is gone.

It is likely someone bought with the intention of not paying for it, but just did it to get it off the site. Or bought it to immediately leave negative feedback. be interested to see how it plays out.
    Post edited by pro on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,743
    warsumm wrote:
    I reported, as others should, the ebay member who is asking $400 at the link here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-Light ... 1e82d47d37

full name and location shouldnt be too tough; should be some crossover there.
    What are you reporting for? I'm pretty sure flipping isn't against 10C rules. 10c won't stop their order if they aren't breaking any rules.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:

Agree completely. It's too bad that although I love vinyl and have been a fan for 20 plus years, I get shut out because I don't live on my computer and cell phone on Sundays. Terrible job PJ.
  • Options
    what strikes my attention about this ebay listing is that if anything happens, the buyer won't be able to open a case, since the 10C member who flips this item might not receive it rightaway, and the ebay buyer might not get ir within the 45-day period...

Sure the buyer will. You have 45 days from point of sale to open a claim. Otherwise, you or I could make an item available on ebay for say $1000, but with the disclaimer, "wont ship for 45 days" and then pocket the cash. ive had 2 pre-order purchases in the past where buyer still didnt have or ship item after 35 or so days, I opened a case and won. Money will be withheld from seller's account the SECOND a case is opened.
  • Options
    vaggar99 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Amen, brother.

I'm not a religious person, but I agree...

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    warsumm wrote:
    I reported, as others should, the ebay member who is asking $400 at the link here:

What are you reporting for? I'm pretty sure flipping isn't against 10C rules. 10c won't stop their order if they aren't breaking any rules.

I feel like the Ten Club has in the past forbidden certain items from being resold. Or maybe that was another band...
    Anyway, based on the other items this $400 seller is hawking, she doesn't appear to be a fan of the band. Seems more like someone who pays the $20/year to have the right to buy this kind of stuff. I could be wrong. Just an observation.
  • Options
    mcrok wrote:

Precisely. The more grooves they can spread a song over the better the sound and detail. Which is why most audiophile nerds will tell you the best way to listen to a song is a 12" single, & I can attest to that. I have 12" singles of songs I've heard a hundred times on other media...LP, cassette, cd...it absolutely sounds the best when it's spread out on a 12". Next best thing would be a 10", then a 7", then an album stretched out on a double LP, then a single LP. These 7" will probably sound killer because the songs are all mostly average length. Can't wait to spin them:)
    I've got loads of LPs on one disc that sound absolutely fantastic. I've got one-discnLPs that sound better than some of my 2-disc ones. I'd way prefer a record to be on one disc (done well),than on two just for a completely negligible sound difference.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I just looked at the newsletter...

tumblr_mh1yybp16y1rlo1q2o1_500.jpg
  • Options
    vaggar99 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    warsumm wrote:

I feel like the Ten Club has in the past forbidden certain items from being resold. Or maybe that was another band...
    Anyway, based on the other items this $400 seller is hawking, she doesn't appear to be a fan of the band. Seems more like someone who pays the $20/year to have the right to buy this kind of stuff. I could be wrong. Just an observation.
    Yeah, i'm sure you're right. We all know that there are some flippers in the club... not much point in getting worked up about it though (don't mean you are), since it's not against the rules of membership and a free market. I don't like it, but I can't really get mad about it anymore (used to but got over it since there is no recourse, and plus, I have been forced to feed the flippers plenty of times to get PJ vinyl, and in the end, it's the buyers you have to blame, not the sellers).
  • Options
    Very interesting observation and one of the most sensible ones I have heard to day... this box set should had been on sale to analog members only in the first place. After all Vinyl is analog.
    vaggar99 wrote:
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    I just read through all 18/19 pages of this thread.

The first 8 pages are people complaining that its a cash grab, and there is no need for this item.

Here comes page 9, the item sells out, and what happens?

Everyone starts tripping about the fact that they didn't have a chance to order the item and its bullshit and a cash grab...

What's even funnier is some of the same people saying that the item was crap, later admitted to purchasing one anyway (while bashing the item before it sold out)

No ones ever going to be totally satisfied. It's 2013. We all have an opinion box in our pocket (cell phones for the slow ones) and with that being the case, we are never going to get a 100% agreement on ANYTHING.

So I've learned not to give a shit what anyone says, and do what I want regardless.

You all might want to give it a try. It will benefit your life immensely.

Just another Sunday in Pearl Jam land.
  • Options
    That is the shit part with 45 day window
    warsumm wrote:

Sure the buyer will. You have 45 days from point of sale to open a claim. Otherwise, you or I could make an item available on ebay for say $1000, but with the disclaimer, "wont ship for 45 days" and then pocket the cash. ive had 2 pre-order purchases in the past where buyer still didnt have or ship item after 35 or so days, I opened a case and won. Money will be withheld from seller's account the SECOND a case is opened.
  • Options
    Im not too worked up over the re-sale aspect, mainly just over the fact that the seller doesnt have or might never have, the box set in question. the Pj fan club merch. policy does state that items purchased her are not intended for resale, but yes, in the end, it is First Sale Doctrine in effect and it is a free market. Seller could AT LEAST have had the courtesy to actually receive the item first though. oh well.