Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited November 2013
    I ordered this on Amazon this morning before anyone new what it was, I just had a hunch about this. I also ordered it here just minutes before it sold out. Will probably cancel my Amazon, just going to see how it all pans out. It didn't say 10c exclusive so I'm sure it will be available all over the US but limited. Like I posted in the other thread, 10c probably just have a guaranteed allocation which they made available to members only to try and do the right thing by their members.

I currently have a ridiculous amount of copies of LB. 10c LP plus replacement vinyl and the EU LP, so thats 2 downloads plus another 3 spare download cards from inside. Whats one more to add to the collection.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    CButt2 wrote:
    ... I definitely sympathize with the person who just joined to buy this set though, since he didn't know any better... but hey, now you know for next time! Welcome! :wave:

Check that guys joined date? Oct 30, 2011.

I noticed that :lol:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    How many should they make then??

I don't really get that thinking at this point. 10c does this kind of thing all the time. By now, everyone should understand that if they are interested in getting special PJ merch they can't just sit around and wait for it to fall in their lap. Especially in this case. The newsletter is sent on the 10th of the month now - how hard is it to just make sure you check your email a lot on that day to make sure you don't miss something like this? Or follow the 10c members group on Facebook and turn on the posting notifications. Dimi usually posts this stuff there within minutes.

I just figure that if people are really into it, then they can make it so that they have a chance to get it. It's simply a 'you snooze you lose' situation i think. Limited edition stuff is super common practice, isn't it? I'm not saying it's a good practice (very small numbers like with this item seems kind of lame), but since that's the deal, and 10c makes no secret of the fact that this is how they like to do things, we need to adjust if we want a chance to buy such things .... But still, I am sorry for those who were snoozing. Maybe a lesson for next time? At least on the 10th of the month?
    ... I definitely sympathize with the person who just joined to buy this set though, since he didn't know any better... but hey, now you know for next time! Welcome! :wave:

I get what you are saying, but they should make enough so that it can exist in the shop for at least 48h before being SOLD OUT... or something like that... different timezones and everything...

the whole point for these types of things is to keep collectors interested and maintain a strong 'brand value' for PJ's merchandise. I'm guessing the band doesn't see much direct profit here. This is more of an 'investment'
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    rival. wrote:
    benny halls will always be on another level in my opinion bc that was a more "pure" time for pearl jam merch. they obviously were pumping out merch then, but as far as vinyls go, you had no vault releases, deluxe box sets with multiple vinyls included, vinyl variants, etc, etc like you do today.
    whenever PJ tries to do something special like this it just automatically feels watered down because of how spoiled we have become with accessible merch over the past several years.

I believe it is all about sustainability and paying the people who work for the 10 club @ the PJ warehouse. The days of hand tending everything with close friends and associates are long gone. The 10 club has clearly turned into a not for loss operation. The people working there I am sure, make a living wage and more than likely have health insurance and other benefits. So, we will see more of this stuff for us and a lot more of general consumables for non 10 club members. It is either this or nothing in my opinion.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    I bet Amazon won't be able to fill their orders.

I also wonder if this will be geared towards a RSD release?
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Control what you can control, stop crying people. These are first-world problems.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I don't really get that thinking at this point. 10c does this kind of thing all the time. By now, everyone should understand that if they are interested in getting special PJ merch they can't just sit around and wait for it to fall in their lap. Especially in this case. The newsletter is sent on the 10th of the month now - how hard is it to just make sure you check your email a lot on that day to make sure you don't miss something like this? Or follow the 10c members group on Facebook and turn on the posting notifications. Dimi usually posts this stuff there within minutes.

I just figure that if people are really into it, then they can make it so that they have a chance to get it. It's simply a 'you snooze you lose' situation i think. Limited edition stuff is super common practice, isn't it? I'm not saying it's a good practice (very small numbers like with this item seems kind of lame), but since that's the deal, and 10c makes no secret of the fact that this is how they like to do things, we need to adjust if we want a chance to buy such things .... But still, I am sorry for those who were snoozing. Maybe a lesson for next time? At least on the 10th of the month?

For the record, I wasn't snoozing, I was watching TV, and I didn't get the mail today, but I don't mind, I don't care... I'm a crazy collector, but not that crazy...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I get what you are saying, but they should make enough so that it can exist in the shop for at least 48h before being SOLD OUT... or something like that... different timezones and everything...
    Yeah, i agree more would be better... but since that's not usually how they role, we've got to be the ones willing to make adjustments. Although that time zone thing is certainly something to consider... can't expect people to be on the ball when they are sleeping in the middle of the night.

Anyway, I have to assume there is a purpose to this practice, like a business tactic. I think it must be that super limited editions inflate the hype or the yearning of the fans, which then inflates the general sense of "needing" to be at the shows or "needing" the album. And sky high prices on ebay might do the same thing... it's like they elevate the cache of the band. Albums going for $1200? That probably makes people sit up and say wow, i've gotta check these guys out, they must be good if people are willing to pay that much for an album. High eBay prices are almost like free advertising.

I'm not saying it's cool (i want everyone who wants an item to have it), but just assume that's the goal... anyone actually KNOW what the motovation behind limited editions are? I am just guessing here! Basing it on the Cabbage Patch doll phenomenon, really. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CButt2 wrote:

Free membership join date...paid membership starting today
  • Options
    Crazy. I checked it this morning and it was still available but didn't pull the trigger. :evil:

I did place an Amazon order. We'll see what happens. More expensive but I suspect after 10C's "creative" shipping costs it'll wind up being equal.

I just got the purple vinyl of Temple Of The Dog yesterday though, so I can't complain. Occasionally you miss some. Truth be told I'd rather have a good, working, pop-free, SKIP-free press of LB on a single (red??) piece of vinyl rather than six 7" singles.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    buck502000 wrote:
    Control what you can control, stop crying people. These are first-world problems.
    I think just the fact that we are all paying money to belong to a fan club for a rock band and are diacussing that band on the internet in our free time pretty much makes that a given. :lol: I am personally grateful that one of my main problems this month is that i haven't received my LB vinyl yet! :lol: ....... We're still allowed to talk about our first world probs though, right? ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    So like, 12 songs we've already heard. What?
    Mine is mine and yours won't take it's place
  • Options
    Isn't this what happened with the white Backspacer? It was announced and then sold out a few hours later? I missed out on that one but just happened to check my email a few minutes after the newsletter was sent out so I decided to buy it. I have actually been checking my email and this forum a lot more in the last month for this kind of extra item because I missed out on that white Backspacer.

Pricey? Maybe. Necessary? No. Cool? He'll yeah!
    Boulder 11/26/93, Denver 3/7/94, Red Rocks 6/20/95, LA 7/14/98, Palo Alto 10/31/99, San Diego 10/25/00, San Bernadino 10/28/00, Denver 4/1/03, Denver 7/2/06, LA 7/09/06, Hollywood 7/12/06, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/6/09, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/23/13, LA 5/6.22, LA 5/7/22
  • Options
    To those in doubt about whether order from amazon or not, do it, or do I have to remind you how many PJ20 vinyl orders Amazon cancelled during late 2011?

• Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    rchallen wrote:
    Crazy. I checked it this morning and it was still available but didn't pull the trigger. :evil:

I did place an Amazon order. We'll see what happens. More expensive but I suspect after 10C's "creative" shipping costs it'll wind up being equal.

I just got the purple vinyl of Temple Of The Dog yesterday though, so I can't complain. Occasionally you miss some. Truth be told I'd rather have a good, working, pop-free, SKIP-free press of LB on a single (red??) piece of vinyl rather than six 7" singles.

Did you order your TOTD from Amazon?
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    buck502000 wrote:
    I think just the fact that we are all paying money to belong to a fan club for a rock band and are diacussing that band on the internet in our free time pretty much makes that a given. :lol: I am personally grateful that one of my main problems this month is that i haven't received my LB vinyl yet! :lol: ....... We're still allowed to talk about our first world probs though, right? ;)

I haven't received my PJ LB vinyl frist copy either, in the third world...

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    rchallen wrote:

I bought the EU vinyl for this reason, its definitely a different sleeve so likely a different pressing, just haven't opened it yet as my 10c one was perfect.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    @#*&. Been doing odds and ends all day, check my mail, go to buy this snazzy 7" set and it's already sold out :evil: :twisted: :evil: :fp:
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,307
    I'm off work sick at the moment so I'm already feeling like shit, but there's nothing quite like the feeling of waking up to see something like this has already sold out to make you feel even worse

It's not even 10am yet and already my week sucks :evil:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Well guess I missed this one. Ah well, expensive anyway. Anyone think the Amazon one will go through?
  • Options
    CButt2CButt2 Posts: 157
    rvmullen wrote:
    CButt2 wrote:

Free membership join date...paid membership starting today

Nice! Wondering why the joined date was 2 years ago. Welcome and don't take things too personally here people get bent out of shape over small things it's why I like to troll the forum. It amuses me, small things for small minds. :lol:
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    buck502000 wrote:
    Still waiting for my LB vinyl too, but did get my TOTD purple vinyls from what records. SO NICE.
  • Options
    I'll get one from Lost Dogs in January for $650 and have someone tell me it's worth it and the seller is a great guy.
    Nice plan! :lol:
  • Options
    K_jamK_jam Posts: 137
    Sold out?!?! :(
  • Options
    I'll get one from Lost Dogs in January for $650 and have someone tell me it's worth it and the seller is a great guy.

I wonder if that is the flippability price...

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    buck502000 wrote:

I haven't received my PJ LB vinyl frist copy either, in the third world...
    Oh, now you see? Pearl Jam's new shipping program is so bad that it's actually become a third world problem. :lol:;);)
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    proud to say i didn't order! :lol: I absolutely "get" collecting. But i own all 12 of these tunes on vinyl already....i even have two copies like everyone else. If this was LB demos and B-sides i'd be all over this. It's just the album repackaged for twice the price.

Cool item but I have more important items to buy. Those who missed out who really wanted it think of it this way---- that's $65 to spend on something PJ related. Hell, that's almost a concert ticket to see them! Or better yet, some cool Christmas gifts for your kids.
  • Options
    Just seen this now and its sold out. Gutted :(
    Berlin 15/09/2009
    Dublin 22/06/2010
    Isle of Wight 23/06/2012
    Berlin 04/07/2012
    Berlin 05/07/2012
    Stockholm 07/07/2012
    Copenhagen 10/07/2012
    Brooklyn 19/10/2013
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

I wonder if that is the flippability price...

I wouldn't pay $6.50 for tunes I already have...plus I'd have to get up every 4 minutes to flip it over :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Who the hell buys this to listen to? This baby shall remain wrapped, sealed, boxed and climate controlled for the next few years :D
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18