Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Should have been 10 records, 4 of them with 8 B-sides.

YES
  • Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371
    Eventual goal is to own a Jukebox one day, love this kind of stuff as it will get used properly.
  • Options
    quasi wrote:
    I passed on the 12" version of LB (and glad I did) but could not resist this one. I'm a sucker for 45s packaged in a nice box set. My dream is they are all different colors with each one signed by a different band member, haha! If only!

This. I love the artwork.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    at the very least, i hope this isn't just an attempt by UMG/Ten Club to recoup all the lost profits from the LB vinyl replacement debacle.
  • Options
    Serious (kinda) question...

If they release another version next month with the exact same songs split over 3x 7-inch vinyls (2 songs each side); and then another version after that with the same songs split over 2x 10-inch records......would you buy those too? Or would that be just a bit.....silly? Where are people drawing the line here?

For some reason, this has riled me up even more than the sheep, the iPad case or even the dog collars managed to. :lol:

Not understanding this line of thinking. It's not unusual to have multiple variations and formats of albums. Box set, reissue. Multicolored. Whatever. Maybe it's more spread out timing wise, but it's all the same. It's really simple. Don't buy it.

I'm guessing most folks complaining are collectors that are irked they have to spend more to continue their collections. Because if not, why even bother complaining? It should really be of no consequence to you.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options

If they release another version next month with the exact same songs split over 3x 7-inch vinyls (2 songs each side); and then another version after that with the same songs split over 2x 10-inch records......would you buy those too? Or would that be just a bit.....silly? Where are people drawing the line here?

For some reason, this has riled me up even more than the sheep, the iPad case or even the dog collars managed to. :lol:
    The music itself means nothing in this box set. It's for the collectors, not the music.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    it's limited - it's cool, yeah, I got one.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    boyo79 wrote:
    Cool for those that 'need' this. Don't really understand the point, apart from to take more cash from the fans. $55? I'll pass!

Why do you think $9 per single is too much? Isn't that about the norm? Plus special packaging and a promised cool insert. I don't really see this as over priced honestly. Especially since some of these singles you're not going to be able to find otherwise. To me, I'd rather have this than the actual vinyl album just for the uniqueness of it.

And I love the new shipping. I wanted a couple other things, but didn't want to pay the shipping, so i waited. Well, lo and behold added them to this order and no additional extra shipping charge!

Well it is overpriced given the Lightning Bolt LP sold at what $30 or so? A promised cool insert could be anything, it could be equally as disappointing as the MYM video in the 'exclusive 10c digital content' when preordering the 10c version of the album. I'd be all over this if it contained some extra songs - proper b-sides. But it doesn't. It's just a repackaged album spread over 6 45s.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    vaggar99 wrote:
    at the very least, i hope this isn't just an attempt by UMG/Ten Club to recoup all the lost profits from the LB vinyl replacement debacle.
    Or the album dropping off the charts and Sirens not taking off...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    CButt2CButt2 Posts: 157

The music itself means nothing in this box set. It's for the collectors, not the music.

/ flippers / trade bait.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Does anyone know if the LB album is going to come back up for sale here?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    If they release another version next month with the exact same songs split over 3x 7-inch vinyls (2 songs each side); and then another version after that with the same songs split over 2x 10-inch records......would you buy those too?

:shock:

Oh4ZQpD.jpg
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    edited November 2013
    demetrios wrote:
    Crossing fingers the vinyls are pressed in 7 different colors. :angel:
    Crossing fingers the vinyls are pressed by someone who won't have to replace them.
    Agree
    Post edited by HollisBrown on
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 750
    edited November 2013

Not understanding this line of thinking. It's not unusual to have multiple variations and formats of albums. Box set, reissue. Multicolored. Whatever. Maybe it's more spread out timing wise, but it's all the same. It's really simple. Don't buy it.

I'm guessing most folks complaining are collectors that are irked they have to spend more to continue their collections. Because if not, why even bother complaining? It should really be of no consequence to you.

Maybe it's because that, as a non- completist who really doesn't care to own everything the band happen to stick their logo on, I see it for the shameless cash grab that it is? There is practically zero added value for the customer here, and at sixty bucks that really doesn't sit right with me. It's not a 'deluxe edition' with extra tracks or demos; it's hasn't been remixed/remastered; the artwork has been reproduced from the original release. Essentially, it's 60 bucks for an 'insert'. That better be one hell of an insert.

But whatever - like you said...this is not for me and I won't be buying it.

{EDIT: I reaaaaaly don't feel like being 'that guy', so I hope everyone that does buy this gets a lot of pleasure from it and.....yeah.......I'm shutting up about this now] ;)
    Post edited by False_Belief on

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    Not really a vinyl collector (have some ;) ) but I couldn't resist so I got one too :D
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I'm a collector, but not a huge fan of 7" singles. Going to pass on this one & use the money at the 3 upcoming shows & Seattle pop-up shop. :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    you guys are a bunch of walking dollar signs. no wonder they keep releasing shit like this.
  • Options

Will be funny when the cool insert is a couple of b sides. I hope that's what they are doing so this board could absolutely explode with complaints from the folks complaining about this set. :lol:

if they did that, i would seriously apologize to PJ and the Ten Club. But if its just more 'artwork', then yeah, i'll be here bitchin my ass off!!
  • Options
    vaggar99 wrote:

Will be funny when the cool insert is a couple of b sides. I hope that's what they are doing so this board could absolutely explode with complaints from the folks complaining about this set. :lol:

if they did that, i would seriously apologize to PJ and the Ten Club. But if its just more 'artwork', then yeah, i'll be here bitchin my ass off!!

LOL, there are no b-sides on this. they would announce it if there were because they'd sell a lot more of them and that's what this item is all about. use your brain.
  • Options
    adamdude wrote:

LOL, there are no b-sides on this. they would announce it if there were because they'd sell a lot more of them and that's what this item is all about. use your brain.

you are probably right. and if you are, this is a blatantly obvious attempt to recoup lost profits from the LB vinyl debacle. I guess I can't blame the business folks for doing this sort of thing. I just want to be treated like MUSIC fan, not a junk collector!!! In other words, give us something we don't already have. PJ built a reputation based on giving fans something more than they expect. That seems to be changing. I like change, but not this kind.
  • Options

Maybe it's because that, as a non- completist who really doesn't care to own everything the band happen to stick their logo on, I see it for the shameless cash grab that it is? There is practically zero added value for the customer here, and at sixty bucks that really doesn't sit right with me. It's not a 'deluxe edition' with extra tracks or demos; it's hasn't been remixed/remastered; the artwork has been reproduced from the original release. Essentially, it's 60 bucks for an 'insert'. That better be one hell of an insert.

But whatever - like you said...this is not for me and I won't be buying it.

{EDIT: I reaaaaaly don't feel like being 'that guy', so I hope everyone that does buy this gets a lot of pleasure from it and.....yeah.......I'm shutting up about this now] ;)

I hear ya. But whats it to ya? I didn't buy the regular vinyl as I saw no real uniqueness to it. 49 times out of 50 I'm going to listen to my cd. This however is somewhat unique, and presto! I can now listen to the songs on vinyl. So, I'm glad they gave another unique option on this. It fit my palette.

So, call it cash grab to make yourself feel better. There's nothing wrong with offering different stuff for different tastes, so everyone can be happy. I just get tired of hearing the judgments on every single thing. Don't like? Don't buy. Keep the bitching and ridiculing and judging to yourself. I love capitalism because the final judgment is made by the consumer not the choir.
  • Options
    do this for no code and I buy, for this album, no way, not fan of the artwork
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    boyo79 wrote:
    It's just a repackaged album spread over 6 45s.

to quote Liar Liar .... SEVEN!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    vaggar99 wrote:
    adamdude wrote:

you are probably right. and if you are, this is a blatantly obvious attempt to recoup lost profits from the LB vinyl debacle. I guess I can't blame the business folks for doing this sort of thing. I just want to be treated like MUSIC fan, not a junk collector!!! In other words, give us something we don't already have. PJ built a reputation based on giving fans something more than they expect. That seems to be changing. I like change, but not this kind.

So you think they thought this up in the last 2 weeks when the vinyl hit the fan? :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    vaggar99 wrote:
    adamdude wrote:

So you think they thought this up in the last 2 weeks when the vinyl hit the fan? :lol::lol::lol:

its possible since it may not ship till next feb
  • Options
    evsgjamm wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    It's just a repackaged album spread over 6 45s.

to quote Liar Liar .... SEVEN!

do you know something the rest of us don't? if so, please share.
  • Options
    Rather than releasing what is essentially a "re-release" of an album that just came out, I'd much rather see vinyl re-releases of No Code through (Avocado)! Seems that a vinyl friendly band like PJ would be all about that, especially given that all those LPs go for hundreds on eBay these days. Re-releases would equal big $$ for them I'm sure, and it would make us fans without those albums on vinyl HAPPY!
    Having said all that, I just completed my pre-order for the 7's as well. Couldn't resist.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    i'm an avid vinyl collector but i think i'll pass. Truth be told, the 12" was overpriced at $36 shipped. No 12" should be that much unless it's pressed by Mobile FIdelity or is given the same treatment. But to now pay $63 for the same tunes??? Can't do it.

I'm not trying to complain. I'm glad it's being offered. I'm sure it'll look awesome. Might be colored, numbered, etc. But I can't deem this essential.....Plus PS4 comes out on Friday. :D
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,079
    Anybody know if these are exact same versions of album? Cool box but are there any extras tracks or different versions?

I'd be all over this if it had some b-sides or diff versions.
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,597
    Got mine. Now, just waiting for the posts of those who are upset when it sells out and they didn't get theirs. Limited Edition Vinyl. You should know what that means around here by now...buy now. :corn:
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23