Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    No thanks.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Abe Froman wrote:
    Anybody know if these are exact same versions of album? Cool box but are there any extras tracks or different versions?

I'd be all over this if it had some b-sides or diff versions.

doesn't seem to be the case, but we can always hope
  • Options
    Abe Froman wrote:
    Anybody know if these are exact same versions of album? Cool box but are there any extras tracks or different versions?

I'd be all over this if it had some b-sides or diff versions.

As far as we know it's the same album/same versions. The only hint that we may be in for more than advertised is that these are very limited and 1 per member, yet it's also being sold on Amazon. What that means is up to your own interpretation.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    To those positing that this is an attempt to recoup losses from the defective LB pressings, I'd say that's unlikely. They probably got a full refund from the pressing house.
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    stack 'em, play 'em, flip 'em over, play 'em.

This is actually how I listened to records when I was a kid in the 60's and early 70's.

$(KGrHqZ,!oQFIrli9M7zBSLdd(E--!~~60_35.JPG
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    It is this easy, if you dont like it or if you think it is over priced then dont buy it. I bought one for myself. And I am a collector also. But i am not one of those people that is gonna leave it sealed and eventually try and flip it. This is one thing I wish 10 Club would do. If these 7 inch box sets are for members only, then I wish 10 Club would police ebay and bust the members that are gonna flip these. I never understood how you can get your membership revoked for scalping 10 Club tickets. But it is alright for members to flip merch on ebay for a huge profit.

Why cant 10 Club bust some of these people on ebay and revoke their membership for flipping items? I know Jack White and his fan club on Third Man Records at least try to watch ebay and bust vault members from flipping the vault merch. How sucsessful they are, I have no idea. But at least they try to stop this. Maybe Im the only one that feels this way? Ok, there is my 2 cents. Back to watching football now. :D
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    edited November 2013
    Serious (kinda) question...

If they release another version next month with the exact same songs split over 3x 7-inch vinyls (2 songs each side); and then another version after that with the same songs split over 2x 10-inch records......would you buy those too? Or would that be just a bit.....silly? Where are people drawing the line here?

For some reason, this has riled me up even more than the sheep, the iPad case or even the dog collars managed to. :lol:
    No, I wouldn't buy that. I'm not buying this item because i'm a sucker. i'm buying it because I like the idea of just playing one song at a time on my turntable. it will come in especially handy when I just want a guest to listen to a particular song that i think they'd like. For.example, my mom would like Sirens and Future Days and SBM and probably Pendulum, but she would hate some of the other stuff, so this item is actually useful to me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    october22 wrote:
    I had two pops at the beginning of Pendulum on an otherwise perfect record. I still emailed UMG about it anyway. They kindly sent me a replacement. Then they made a mistake and kindly-er sent me a second replacement by accident. I now own three copies of this record. I can't justify spending $60+ on this. I like to listen to my vinyl so this is just too pricey for just a collectors item imo.

the first replacement i received was defective, e-mailed them asking to send another, which they did, but accidentally sent me two replacements off that one request.

so i now have four, yes four copies of LB on vinyl :fp:
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    This is cool, so I bought it. Yes it's expensive, but I like collectors edition shit.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    It is this easy, if you dont like it or if you think it is over priced then dont buy it. I bought one for myself. And I am a collector also. But i am not one of those people that is gonna leave it sealed and eventually try and flip it. This is one thing I wish 10 Club would do. If these 7 inch box sets are for members only, then I wish 10 Club would police ebay and bust the members that are gonna flip these. I never understood how you can get your membership revoked for scalping 10 Club tickets. But it is alright for members to flip merch on ebay for a huge profit.

Why cant 10 Club bust some of these people on ebay and revoke their membership for flipping items? I know Jack White and his fan club on Third Man Records at least try to watch ebay and bust vault members from flipping the vault merch. How sucsessful they are, I have no idea. But at least they try to stop this. Maybe Im the only one that feels this way? Ok, there is my 2 cents. Back to watching football now. :D
    That would really suck. Almost my entire PJ vinyl collection is now sitting on my shelf thanks to people who kept their merch sealed and then sold it on eBay. Some person a few years or a few days from now who is new to 10c will be glad that.some other member is flipping this item, because that's the onlyvway he or she will ever be able to own it. Me, i'm praying to someday have my Benny Hall thanks to some person out there who posts it on eBay when i can afford it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,951
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    stack 'em, play 'em, flip 'em over, play 'em.

This is actually how I listened to records when I was a kid in the 60's and early 70's.

$(KGrHqZ,!oQFIrli9M7zBSLdd(E--!~~60_35.JPG

This was my first record player.

fisherprice.jpg

My first 7" vinyl was included with my Star Wars' Return Of The Jedi audio book.
    Those were good times.
  • Options
    Should have been 10 records, 4 of them with 8 B-sides.

Will be funny when the cool insert is a couple of b sides. I hope that's what they are doing so this board could absolutely explode with complaints from the folks complaining about this set. :lol:
    :lol:
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    nice. score.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options

If they release another version next month with the exact same songs split over 3x 7-inch vinyls (2 songs each side); and then another version after that with the same songs split over 2x 10-inch records......would you buy those too? Or would that be just a bit.....silly? Where are people drawing the line here?

For some reason, this has riled me up even more than the sheep, the iPad case or even the dog collars managed to. :lol:
    The music itself means nothing in this box set. It's for the collectors, not the music.
    Totally not true.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

That would really suck. Almost my entire PJ vinyl collection is now sitting on my shelf thanks to people who kept their merch sealed and then sold it on eBay. Some person a few years or a few days from now who is new to 10c will be glad that.some other member is flipping this item, because that's the onlyvway he or she will ever be able to own it. Me, i'm praying to someday have my Benny Hall thanks to some person out there who posts it on eBay when i can afford it.

I see your point. And I admit that point never crossed my mind. And I am to in need of Benny on vinyl also. But to pay a thousand or more for it is absurd to me. But I guess it a supply vs demand type of thing. I guess Im fortunate to have all of PJs albums on vinyl (except Benny Hall). And that I havent had to buy them off ebay. My No Code copy still has a Tower Records price tag on it of $9.99 from when I bought it the day it was released. Dont get me wrong I have bought records and merch from other bands on ebay before, but I just am patient enough to find whatever I am looking for at a decent price.
  • Options
    I predict at least 500 by early March.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Bought .

No question

Looks very cool indeed
  • Options
    I don't think this will reach crazy price levels, because it's so made to be a collector's item and doesn't really serve a purpose other than that. Which differs from Benny which people wan't to own because they want to listen to Benny on vinyl.

But what do I know...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

ISO
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I see your point. And I admit that point never crossed my mind. And I am to in need of Benny on vinyl also. But to pay a thousand or more for it is absurd to me. But I guess it a supply vs demand type of thing. I guess Im fortunate to have all of PJs albums on vinyl (except Benny Hall). And that I havent had to buy them off ebay. My No Code copy still has a Tower Records price tag on it of $9.99 from when I bought it the day it was released. Dont get me wrong I have bought records and merch from other bands on ebay before, but I just am patient enough to find whatever I am looking for at a decent price.
    I just wish that I hadn't abandoned vinyl from 1990 to the end of 2011! :fp: But since I did such a dumb thing, I guess I just look at the high prices of older PJ vinyl as my punishment. :lol:
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Bought .

No question

Looks very cool indeed

This.

It's a no brainer.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I don't think this will reach crazy price levels, because it's so made to be a collector's item and doesn't really serve a purpose other than that. Which differs from Benny which people wan't to own because they want to listen to Benny on vinyl.

But what do I know...
    Do you really think there is no purpose in having the whole album as singles? You don't think just being able to easily play one song at a time is a nice thing to be able to do?
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    PJ_Soul wrote:

But what do I know...
    Do you really think there is no purpose in having the whole album as singles? You don't think just being able to easily play one song at a time is a nice thing to be able to do?

It's not really that difficult to play one song from an LP though is it? :)

I don't play or collect 7" singles (having to change a record every 3 or 4 songs is bad enough, to do it every song no thanks!!) so it's an easy pass for me. Couldn't justify a total of $74 for a "cool booklet". That may or not be cool :lol::lol::lol::lol:

But for people such as yourself who are buying this to play then that's cool. I love vinyl, I like collecting but for me there is no point in this release.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

But what do I know...

benny halls will always be on another level in my opinion bc that was a more "pure" time for pearl jam merch. they obviously were pumping out merch then, but as far as vinyls go, you had no vault releases, deluxe box sets with multiple vinyls included, vinyl variants, etc, etc like you do today.

whenever PJ tries to do something special like this it just automatically feels watered down because of how spoiled we have become with accessible merch over the past several years.
  • Options
    1 on eBay already!! A cool $289!!!!
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

:fp:
  • Options
    vaggar99 wrote:
    SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeeeeesh... caved and pulled the trigger just a couple minutes ago. must have been one of the last orders.
  • Options
    [/quote]
    I just wish that I hadn't abandoned vinyl from 1990 to the end of 2011! :fp: But since I did such a dumb thing, I guess I just look at the high prices of older PJ vinyl as my punishment. :lol:[/quote]

OUCH!!! That is rough. I feel for ya. Good luck in your serch to get back what you abandoned...
  • Options

check out the seller's feedback history. has a little history of flipping PJ merch.

sold a complete set of wrigley cards for $800 :shock: :shock: :shock: