Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    And it's finally been removed from the store. Along with the Mad Season BFRSD 7".
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I will own this some day...
    Me too....
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    well, here we are...mid december...anybody received shipment notices yet (expecting no)?
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    I will own this some day...
    Hell Ya!! Someone help this guy out!!!

Anyone heard anything on when these will ship out??
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
    [qoute]The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available.[/quote] - AMAZON.COM

;)
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    Spags wrote:
    [qoute]The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available.
    - AMAZON.COM

;)[/quote]

Say whaaa?!? :shock:
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    vaggar99 wrote:
    well, here we are...mid december...anybody received shipment notices yet (expecting no)?

nah, and at this point, i hope they don't start shipping until the beginning of january. will be out of town for a couple weeks for christmas and i don't want this baby sitting on my porch that entire time ;)
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,847
    rival. wrote:
    vaggar99 wrote:

nah, and at this point, i hope they don't start shipping until the beginning of january. will be out of town for a couple weeks for christmas and i don't want this baby sitting on my porch that entire time ;)

where do you live? I'll pick it up for you ;)
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    vaggar99 wrote:

Not to mention the crush of parcels being sent this time of year. I wouldn't be mailing out anything that could get crushed, twisted or smashed. Between the volume and size of other packages and the temporary help the various mailing outfits hire this time of year, not a great time to be sending stuff like that.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    vaggar99 wrote:

Not to mention the crush of parcels being sent this time of year. I wouldn't be mailing out anything that could get crushed, twisted or smashed. Between the volume and size of other packages and the temporary help the various mailing outfits hire this time of year, not a great time to be sending stuff like that.

Have you received / seen how they shipped out the Vault vinyls? The packaging was AMAZING!!!! So if they package them that same way, there shouldn't be a problem shipping out the Sevens Box Set's this time of the year.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Have you received / seen how they shipped out the Vault vinyls? The packaging was AMAZING!!!! So if they package them that same way, there shouldn't be a problem shipping out the Sevens Box Set's this time of the year.

Yes. ;) Can't wait.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    the fantastic job they did packaging vault 3 is negated with how shitty they packaged lightning bolt. i am pretty sure 90% of the LB vinyls received had damage/dings to the packaging.
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    rival. wrote:
    vaggar99 wrote:

I mentioned this on another thread. The Sevens box set hasn't even been produced yet, at least as of a week and a half ago. Since they haven't been made yet they won't be shipping out to us for quite sometime. I have no idea what kind of timeline this sort of the takes but I'm guessing this will be a nice little surprise we receive in the mail sometime in spring or summer.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    jason_94 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    vaggar99 wrote:

I mentioned this on another thread. The Sevens box set hasn't even been produced yet, at least as of a week and a half ago. Since they haven't been made yet they won't be shipping out to us for quite sometime. I have no idea what kind of timeline this sort of the takes but I'm guessing this will be a nice little surprise we receive in the mail sometime in spring or summer.

You know, I understand shit happens and all, but the lack of communication from the 10C on some things never ceases to amaze me. We were given a timeframe when they would be available when we ordered and now it seems it could be MONTHS later. I truly don't care one bit when I get it, I just don't see the harm in keeping us officially updated. I guess as long as they can start earning as much interest as possible on our payments taken at the time of ordering before they have to actually deliver any goods is all that matters anymore. :cry:
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

You know, I understand shit happens and all, but the lack of communication from the 10C on some things never ceases to amaze me. We were given a timeframe when they would be available when we ordered and now it seems it could be MONTHS later. I truly don't care one bit when I get it, I just don't see the harm in keeping us officially updated. I guess as long as they can start earning as much interest as possible on our payments taken at the time of ordering before they have to actually deliver any goods is all that matters anymore. :cry:

Definitely proves the old economic theory of "competition is good for the consumer" to be spot on.
    Anyone interested in starting a Vs. Club? Hahaha
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    the fantastic job they did packaging vault 3 is negated with how shitty they packaged lightning bolt. i am pretty sure 90% of the LB vinyls received had damage/dings to the packaging.

Mine arrived ok from the 10club. My replacement LB vinyl I received from UMG had a few dings. Came in a very thin brown package. :|
  • Options
    Posted over on Facebook. Sevens box set has arrived in Portland!!

Sweet! :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7886_n.jpg
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Posted over on Facebook. Sevens box set has arrived in Portland!!

Sweet! :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7886_n.jpg
    Right on!!! Sweet shit!!
  • Options
    Very weird that the track list is not in order like the album release ...

WEaxVZv.jpg?1
  • Options
    Is it numbered or colored vinyl??
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

WEaxVZv.jpg?1

My sneaking suspicion is - they did do a random order, so if they ever do decide to release true separate "singles," there is yet another thing the collectors need to buy/get. It's also so random that none of these (save, I guess Infallible, though I imagine Future Days would be its own A side) could possibly be a combo they would decide on. So it leaves the slate blank if/when they decide to do it.

I do not believe in coincidences, but I do believe in the power of marketing (and no heart ache that folks that own THIS collectible won't have something unique should these be released one at a time). Doesn't matter to me b/c this will do it for me. But, I am sure they are completists among us that would need a MYM/SBM single if it ever was released on its own.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    demetrios wrote:

WEaxVZv.jpg?1

This is the most random release ever

It just doesn't make any sense
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    cant wait for the post to arrive ....it'll be next year no doubt but its exciting nonetheless
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    Why are there no pics of the actual vinyl? Oh wait, that's right, people buy stuff and leave it wrapped :x.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

WEaxVZv.jpg?1

Still want it
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Why are there no pics of the actual vinyl? Oh wait, that's right, people buy stuff and leave it wrapped :x.

:clap::clap:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I know the topic has been beaten to death, but in all seriousness the whole nature of this release screams to never open it. It genuinely appears to be a collectible only type of deal. I didn't get one to flip, but as someone who does a bad job of getting what I can that might be considered "rare", I can assure you it will never be opened. Especially when I can listen to the LP in it's original state and only have to flip it once during playback. ;)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I know the topic has been beaten to death, but in all seriousness the whole nature of this release screams to never open it. It genuinely appears to be a collectible only type of deal. I didn't get one to flip, but as someone who does a bad job of getting what I can that might be considered "rare", I can assure you it will never be opened. Especially when I can listen to the LP in it's original state and only have to flip it once during playback. ;)

Even tenclub staff war heard to say they don't get why people never open their stuff because they always throw in random coloured pieces. This way people never get to see what they have. Poor vinyl that never gets to see the daylight :thumbdown:
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

WEaxVZv.jpg?1

As random as it is, I think each song is paired perfectly. I like the order they chose.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Pearl Jam fans completely over value vinyl for some reason... and they WAY overvalue colored vinyl... as well as anything labeled "LIMITED EDITION" lol... i just saw the fixer blue vinyl go for $300 on ebay... $300 for a 7" of a song that fucking sucks, just because it is blue? come on folks, that is ridiculous :roll:
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Even tenclub staff war heard to say they don't get why people never open their stuff because they always throw in random coloured pieces. This way people never get to see what they have. Poor vinyl that never gets to see the daylight :thumbdown:

Right, but for them to produce an item strictly as a cash grab in the first place is insulting, so I have no issue keeping it sealed. I opened Lightning Bolt so I could listen to it. If I wanted to hear it in a random order then I have it on my iPod. This isn't like Benny or the Vault release.