Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    edited November 2013
    Post edited by jimbojones1138 on
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    warsumm wrote:
    $400 is the initial flip rate

http://bit.ly/HHZ3Hq

The seller's name is clear as day and her location. Should be easy for 10C to find her order and cancel. At least wait to you get your copy. :fp:

Seller is clearly visible on Facebook as well, eBay user name is Rebecca_Garber, lives near Boston MA according to her eBay profile. Looks like some actually bought the $400 one...[/quote]

ok, maybe it is or maybe its not, but may not want to proceed in harassing anyone... on ebay or fb. not saying you are going to, but someone might. i dont really think that is cool to go as far as look someone up on fb like that then post it here. its a fucking record set, for gods sake :thumbup:[/quote]
    Stop trying to apply logic to this witch hunt!
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    edited November 2013
    warsumm wrote:
    The seller's name is clear as day and her location. Should be easy for 10C to find her order and cancel. At least wait to you get your copy. :fp:

Seller is clearly visible on Facebook as well, eBay user name is Rebecca_Garber, lives near Boston MA according to her eBay profile. Looks like some actually bought the $400 one...

ok. maybe it is, or maybe its not, but you may not want to proceed in harassing anyone... on ebay or fb. Harassment means sending people private messages. not saying YOU in particiular are going to, but someone here might as a result of your "digging". i dont think that is cool to go as far as looking someone up on fb like that, then post it here. its a fucking record set, for gods sake :thumbup:
    Post edited by jimbojones1138 on
  • Options
    retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    damnit! :fp:
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Options
    CButt2CButt2 Posts: 157
    warsumm wrote:

Seller is clearly visible on Facebook as well, eBay user name is Rebecca_Garber, lives near Boston MA according to her eBay profile. Looks like some actually bought the $400 one...

ok, maybe it is or maybe its not, but may not want to proceed in harassing anyone... on ebay or fb. not saying you are going to, but someone might. i dont really think that is cool to go as far as look someone up on fb like that then post it here. its a fucking record set, for gods sake :thumbup:
    I agree, technically it's called stalking!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    edited November 2013
    warsumm wrote:
    You guys posting eBay links and posting the actual name of a seller who isn't even breaking any rules (i don't personally think that is particularly appropriate and is starting to seem a bit witch hunty) might just get this thread locked.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    warsumm wrote:
    You guys posting eBay links and posting the actual name of a seller who isn't even breaking any rules (i don't personally think that is particularly appropriate) might just get this thread locked.

FUCKING WHISKEY made me double or triple posts....

but here is what i meant to say:

ok. maybe it is, or maybe its not, but you may not want to proceed in harassing anyone... on ebay or fb. Harassment means sending people private messages. not saying YOU in particiular are going to, but someone here might as a result of your "digging". i dont think that is cool to go as far as looking someone up on fb like that, then post it here. its a fucking record set, for gods sake :thumbup:

and pj soul, i totally agree!
  • Options

Does this mean I should put the pitchfork away? Love me a good unjustified witch hunt
  • Options
    People can be upset they missed out, but some are taking it way too far. What does one hope to achieve by posting someone's name here? If someone wants to sell their vinyl for $450 and someone wants to buy it for $450 then so be it.

If missing out on a really cool Pearl Jam box set is the biggest problem in your life then you're doing pretty damn well.

And the reason why I post this is because I'm pretty sure some haven't realized this and I'm trying to be helpful.

Give it a few weeks: there will be another item to buy that will be the next awesome thing to buy. In the meantime... go buy a falla sheep or something.

Geez man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    i agree with the anti stalking thing. with that said, how much would you pay for this set? hahaha
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    warsumm wrote:
    You guys posting eBay links and posting the actual name of a seller who isn't even breaking any rules (i don't personally think that is particularly appropriate) might just get this thread locked.

Jimbo's hammered. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    scoob1057 wrote:
    Five aginst one my ass. Maybe they should sell a Duck Dynasty vinyl. I passed on the $35 shirt and the other BS that PJ fans don care about. I love the music but this money sucking shit is getting me mad!!
    Are you mad because they sucked money right out of your bank account? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. The fans who don't care about this or any other item don't have to buy it....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    scoob1057 wrote:
    Five aginst one my ass. Maybe they should sell a Duck Dynasty vinyl. I passed on the $35 shirt and the other BS that PJ fans don care about. I love the music but this money sucking shit is getting me mad!!
    Are you mad because they sucked money right out of your bank account? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. The fans who don't care about this or any other item don't have to buy it....

Exactly! Lots of sour grapes on this string. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY! Why get upset about it?
  • Options
    Primal wrote:
    Does this mean I should put the pitchfork away? Love me a good unjustified witch hunt

is it anyone's job here, really, to do that much homework? at the end of the day, who is it helping? the person who wastes all of their time to write messages on ebay("you are not a REAL FAN! message" lol)? The person who wastes even more time to look them up on facebook and then maybe even leave them harassing messages there too? I wish i had THAT much time to waste on utter bullshit! would someone here have done all that if they DID get one? (well? prolly...)

tenc doesnt like it, we get that, i think kat posted somewhere in the rules about flipping. but a line has got to be drawn somewhere too. people here who disagree with it can simply email the 10c about the ebay auction. to take it to the level of stalking and post someone's actual name, then direct them to facebook is taking it to another level all together.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,319
    Why would anyone have buyer's remorse? Anything that is vinyl, Pearl Jam and limited is gold. Wait til Backspacer sells out in the goods section. People will then cry they didn't buy it, saying they thought it would always be available.
    I was just thinking to myself the other day: "I should probably get Backspacer while it's still available and only $20." ;)
    Get it while it's a bargain. Been listening to it recently and it seems to get better with age.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    amw101282amw101282 Wisconsin Posts: 185
    worked a long day, nine til seven. saw & ordered sevens box set round 1:30ish sold out shortly after so felt lucky. cant wait to spin it on my michael jackson 45 player. eventually going to stock my grandpas old jukebox...so im going to put these to use...although id say if i 400 bucks is a lot of money, so i dont blame someone for taking it. that would pay quite a few bills, be it rent insurance, whatever...everybody has a different financial situation...reguardless i love pearl jam and im going to love my vinyl when i get it. good night :)
    {Alpine Valley '03/United Center '06/Summerfest '06 (Both Nights!!)/Alpine Valley '11 (PJ20) (Both Nights!!)/Wrigley Field '13}

"a truant finds home, and a wish to hold on too, he saw the trapdoor in the sun, immortality" PLEASE SUPPORT CCFA!!!
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    vaggar99 wrote:
    i agree with the anti stalking thing. with that said, how much would you pay for this set? hahaha

ha i'll be pissed when pix of it are posted and it turns out all 6 are colored vinyl.

supposedly it might be :oops:
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    Primal wrote:

is it anyone's job here, really, to do that much homework? at the end of the day, who is it helping? the person who wastes all of their time to write messages on ebay("you are not a REAL FAN! message" lol)? The person who wastes even more time to look them up on facebook and then maybe even leave them harassing messages there too? I wish i had THAT much time to waste on utter bullshit! would someone here have done all that if they DID get one? (well? prolly...)

tenc doesnt like it, we get that, i think kat posted somewhere in the rules about flipping. but a line has got to be drawn somewhere too. people here who disagree with it can simply email the 10c about the ebay auction. to take it to the level of stalking and post someone's actual name, then direct them to facebook is taking it to another level all together.
    I completely agree with you - I honestly don't understand how out of hand this got so quickly over something as trivial as a box set of vinyl.
  • Options
    MUZIK wrote:
    vaggar99 wrote:

ha i'll be pissed when pix of it are posted and it turns out all 6 are colored vinyl.

interesting point. i count 6 unique colors in the album art. 2 shades of red, black, white, yellow and grey.
  • Options
    vaggar99 wrote:
    MUZIK wrote:
    vaggar99 wrote:

interesting point. i count 6 unique colors in the album art. 2 shades of red, black, white, yellow and grey.

Well... in this case... all those currently angered at the EBayer can have the last laugh when the box sets go for $800 after the discovery! :lol:
  • Options
    Why would anyone have buyer's remorse? Anything that is vinyl, Pearl Jam and limited is gold. Wait til Backspacer sells out in the goods section. People will then cry they didn't buy it, saying they thought it would always be available.
    I was just thinking to myself the other day: "I should probably get Backspacer while it's still available and only $20." ;)
    Get it while it's a bargain. Been listening to it recently and it seems to get better with age.

agreed. once they are gone you will have to wait for a reissue. in the meantime, the price could get quite high.
  • Options
    BK5403BK5403 Posts: 50
    Constructive feedback to PJ & Ten Club:

Goal 1:
    Make your music available to your loving fans

Goal 2:
    Cut out middlemen, sharks & ebay flippers

Solution:
    Adopt crowd funding model (a la Kickstarter) to fund production of merch, special releases, etc.

How it would work:
    PJ announces a 'project' ie Lightning Bolt Sevens Box Set. Fans get a week to fund the project. So ... fans pre-order and pay for the production of the product up front, making it easier for PJ to plan volume & other details with all the necessary vendors. If the campaign reaches "x" products sold the project is ON. This gives fans a chance to get their goods, cuts out a lot (though not all) of the icky middlemen, and allows PJ & Ten Club to plan production based on an exact number of units. Then PJ just takes a cut (whatever they deem fair) and everyone's happy. Jack White does something similar to this with the Third Man Records Vault and uses the same vinyl pressing plant (URP) as Pearl Jam, so they should be familiar with the model.

There are probably other creative ways to do this ... the goal is that Pearl Jam (the best-est band in the universe!!!) releases music (and merch) that fans enjoy/play/use/wear vs. just creating a market for collector's items.

Sincerely,

Sexy mop handle
    96 Hartford | 98 MSG 1 & 2 | 00 Jones Beach | 03 MSG 1 & 2 | 06 Irving Plaza | 06 Camden | 06 E. Rutherford | 08 MSG 1 & 2 | 10 MSG 1 & 2 | 11 EV/Portland | 13 Wrigley | 13 Brooklyn 1 & 2 | 13 Hartford | 13 Portland | 13 Seattle | 14 Stockholm | 17 EV/Tennessee | 18 Missoula
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Wow. I'm pretty happy I couldn't give two shits about this set. I buy vinyl to listen to, not to collect. What could be more annoying than an entire album sold as single tracks? Especially since I already find three tracks per side irritating. I wonder how many of you really own a set-up of high enough quality to hear the difference in a properly pressed full length LB vs the 7"s.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. This set obviously pleased enough people for it to sell out but after over 20 pages of comments I'm still puzzled as to where the value is in it. I see it simply as a repackaged, more annoying way to listen to a record I already own (multiple copies of) with no real assurance it will sound any better. I'm not knocking 10C. They can pump out new stuff every day for all I care. I'm a capitalist dammit and hope they make shitloads. Some stuff I'll buy and some I won't. However, and this is from a dude who really loves vinyl, I think you're all a little nuts on this one.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    I know it's been said, but I just want to vent more than anything.

Not impressed with how this went today. I'm not even sure I would have bought it, heard it was $80 shipped to Canada, but doing a release this way, is a bit of slap to the true fans that want their hands on the music/art.

I wonder how many bought today, and could care less about it other than the money they will make on it? A quarter?

Those folks would still buy had it been sold like The Vault was, but the true fans would have also gotten their shot to buy.

Ironically, this reminds me of what it was like buying tickets as a kid. If you didn't camp out and get in early, the scalpers got all the tickets and doubled or tripled the price.

Oh well, I will live, but don't really like the principle behind this.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    what was the shipping cost for the US?
  • Options
    BK5403 wrote:

Goal 1:

Goal 2:

Solution:
    Adopt crowd funding model (a la Kickstarter) to fund production of merch, special releases, etc.

How it would work:
    PJ announces a 'project' ie Lightning Bolt Sevens Box Set. Fans get a week to fund the project. So ... fans pre-order and pay for the production of the product up front, making it easier for PJ to plan volume & other details with all the necessary vendors. If the campaign reaches "x" products sold the project is ON. This gives fans a chance to get their goods, cuts out a lot (though not all) of the icky middlemen, and allows PJ & Ten Club to plan production based on an exact number of units. Then PJ just takes a cut (whatever they deem fair) and everyone's happy. Jack White does something similar to this with the Third Man Records Vault and uses the same vinyl pressing plant (URP) as Pearl Jam, so they should be familiar with the model.

There are probably other creative ways to do this ... the goal is that Pearl Jam (the best-est band in the universe!!!) releases music (and merch) that fans enjoy/play/use/wear vs. just creating a market for collector's items.

Sincerely,

Sexy mop handle

this is a good idea. But, I feel like this defeats the fundamental purpose of limited editions. The whole idea is that everyone who wants one, can't get one.

Keep in mind, this is just stuff. Nothing worth getting too worked up over. If you already own a copy of LB in whatever media form, then you probably aren't missing out on anything.
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829

$8.50
    That made me hesitate but this was something very different than anything PJ had done before so I jumped.
    I didn't want to feel the regret of loosing out.
    Plus the phrases "While supplies last" & "Very Limited Edition" I took literally.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,319
    About $9
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    vaggar99 wrote:
    BK5403 wrote:

Goal 1:

Goal 2:

Solution:

How it would work:

Sincerely,

Sexy mop handle

this is a good idea. But, I feel like this defeats the fundamental purpose of limited editions. The whole idea is that everyone who wants one, can't get one.

Keep in mind, this is just stuff. Nothing worth getting too worked up over. If you already own a copy of LB in whatever media form, then you probably aren't missing out on anything.

It's not that, it's that you pay to have this membership, we should all have equal opportunity to purchase. I think with Vault they accepted orders till a certain time (it was 6:00pm my time) and there was plenty of notice on the sale.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    To everyone who doesn't get the point of a set of 45s....do some research. While it is very collectible, there is also an advantage for the audiophile out there. Vinyl pressed at 45 rpm typically has a "better" sound quality overall. The grooves are wider apart and gives the needle more space to sit in the groove. My hope is that the 45s will sound much better than the LP. Either way, it's cool release and I am glad I got in when I could. ;)
    here for the music...