*** Charlotte Fanviews Here 10/30/13 ***

12346»

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,461
    The setlist is actually pretty good for this show. I was down on it coming out of the building because 1: the arena didn't sound good 2: logistics of the place were terrible (lines to get in, lines for beer, etc.) 3: Crowd was too mellow 4: Hungover from the glory of C'ville from the night before.
    But as time goes on, I have grown more fond of the show. I was in 10C seats, not in GA like in C'ville, so those up front probably had a very different experience than I did, and I'm glad for that.
  • I was in the pit that night with my wife and after the show ended everyone around us, including us, were like "that was awesome!". Then had to read on here all the shit people were talking about the show, and thought "gee, I guess we were all wrong?". 8-|
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • I was in the pit that night with my wife and after the show ended everyone around us, including us, were like "that was awesome!". Then had to read on here all the shit people were talking about the show, and thought "gee, I guess we were all wrong?". 8-|

I don't get the hate for this show. I thought it was great. The setlist was way above average. We got getaway first. That has to count for something. We got bee girl. That counts as a rarity. What other show has closed with watchtower?

The band's energy was high. Considering the energy that was spent the night before. The guys were smiling and having fun. I didn't get the sense at all that there was a hangover from the Charlottesville show.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,461
    Yeah I don't think the band was hungover from C'ville. I was.
  • go prego pre Posts: 662
    we got to see stone's tits!!!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • dpduke69dpduke69 Posts: 187
    I had just recently fell in love with Off He Goes prior to this show and was so surprised to get it in the first encore. Great memories.
    2013: Charlotte
    2016: Greenville Columbia