*** Charlotte Fanviews Here 10/30/13 ***

Comments

• Hey Terry, I was the guy right behind you.

Just want to share this quick story:

I took my friend to this show. It was his first. We were in the second row of people on the rail near the center. During Evenflow Eddie noticed that my buddy was wearing a 1908 replica Cubs hat and started pointing to it and giving him a thumbs up. That blew both of our minds. I told him that if he did it again he had to throw it to him. Sure enough during Watchtower Ed came back around and pointed to him again. The hat flew on stage and Eddie picked it up and put it on. He kept it, of course, and now my friends girlfriend is really pissed at me because she bought it for him as a gift. I told her to get over it, because it is an awesome story and not everyone can say that Eddie Vedder now owns their hat!

Great show. Great experiences.
  • terrym08terrym08 Posts: 372
    I know exactly who you are had the old school cubs hat on, I thought he was pointing at me I had a Duke hat on, hell I would have thrown my girlfriend on stage if he pointed at me.. great times.

Hey Terry, I was the guy right behind you.

Just want to share this quick story:

I took my friend to this show. It was his first. We were in the second row of people on the rail near the center. During Evenflow Eddie noticed that my buddy was wearing a 1908 replica Cubs hat and started pointing to it and giving him a thumbs up. That blew both of our minds. I told him that if he did it again he had to throw it to him. Sure enough during Watchtower Ed came back around and pointed to him again. The hat flew on stage and Eddie picked it up and put it on. He kept it, of course, and now my friends girlfriend is really pissed at me because she bought it for him as a gift. I told her to get over it, because it is an awesome story and not everyone can say that Eddie Vedder now owns their hat!

Great show. Great experiences.
  • 1st post and 2nd show. What a treat to be at the a show where they debut a live performance, Getaway was awesome! We were up in the upper deck, 203, and we loved the setlist and energy from the band. The crowd in our section was however, a bit reserved. Most of them sat throughout the show! I was incredulous! Particularly annoying was the guy behind me yelling "play something I know" through the first set. Really? Our first show was Washington D.C. in 2008 and it was absolutely electric that night, not sure if I will ever experience a night like that again, goosebumps, tears, just a bubbling up of emotion that only a longtime fan seeing his first show can experience. Present Tense, Off He Goes, Bee Girl were all highlights for us on this night in Charlotte. I really like Lightning Bolt as well, I love the way that one builds. We even managed to score a poster before they were gone, it will be a cherished reminder. Hopefully we meet at a show down the road, cheers!
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Loved the show..
    agree ..
    the crowd was not as into it ...during just breathe was like being in a bar...talking...cell phones out...sorry but Pittsburgh was ten times louder...just disappointed I'm the crowd.
  • I have nothing more to add. I just wanted the charlotte show to have one more post than the Pittsburgh show
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    terrym08 wrote:
    I know exactly who you are had the old school cubs hat on, I thought he was pointing at me I had a Duke hat on, hell I would have thrown my girlfriend on stage if he pointed at me.. great times.

That made me laugh out loud at my desk, too funny!
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Posts: 1,375
    Heisenberg wrote:
    2 words...Stone's Tits!!!!! :lol:

Yep! Funny stuff...my friend!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • go prego pre Posts: 662
    Heisenberg wrote:
    2 words...Stone's Tits!!!!! :lol:

Yep! Funny stuff...my friend!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIKcltBQeWQ
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • I just had to repost my thoughts...please disregard all my previous posts about Charlotte 2013. While the show has some issues, I was overtly harsh. It all boils down to perspective as many have said. I had terrible people around me and apparently a rough spot for acoustics. Overall the band was quite tight, the setlist was solid, the boys seemed overall content with the decent crowd, and it will make for a great boot.

I've been doing a lot of reflecting on how I view PJ shows, 10c, and I feel a new rekindling with my love for this band. It is so easy for us to get overwhelmed in the systematic nature we have put ourselves in- "what is the best show, best setlist, best crowd?" It is all too subjective to almost even make a serious argument about it. I recommend enjoying the music, enjoy the bands energy and their love for what they do, and remember what this music means to you. I slipped into a mindset where I focused on everything (crowd, setlist, rarities, venue...etc) but the music itself. Now I am starting to remember that deep love I felt for this band. Sometimes taking time away from 10C is a good thing. I've discussed matters with many kind and insightful folks on here, but I have come to realize there is a lot of negativity for some reason. Remember why we are here, most of us adore this band. Criticisms are one thing, but persistent, negative comments is another matter. Sorry for the rambling, but it applies to how I felt towards this show. Charlotte and Cville 2013 were my wake up call.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    maj4e wrote:

Those are some great pics. Only a few of mine came out. Next time I'm going to try to get my bridge camera in. Didn't try this time around. Thanks for sharing.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    maj4e wrote:

Great pics! You must have been standing right next to me...these pics are dead on my view at this show. Thanks for posting!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • It is all too subjective to almost even make a serious argument about it. I recommend enjoying the music, enjoy the bands energy and their love for what they do, and remember what this music means to you.

Excellent point. I totally agree. And I'm definitely looking forward to the broadcast on PJ radio to relive soon :D
    Memphis 25 Mar 1994    Fenway 1 05 Aug 2016
    Charlotte 04 Oct 1996     Fenway 2 07 Aug 2016
    Knoxville 06 Sept 1998   Wrigley 2 22 Aug 2016
    Charlotte 30 Oct 2013     Seattle 1 08 Aug 2018
    Cincinnati 1 Oct 2014      Seattle 2 10 Aug 2018
    Greenville 16 Apr 2016    Wrigley 2 20 Aug 2018
    Columbia 21 Apr 2016
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    I just had to repost my thoughts...please disregard all my previous posts about Charlotte 2013. While the show has some issues, I was overtly harsh. It all boils down to perspective as many have said. I had terrible people around me and apparently a rough spot for acoustics. Overall the band was quite tight, the setlist was solid, the boys seemed overall content with the decent crowd, and it will make for a great boot.

I've been doing a lot of reflecting on how I view PJ shows, 10c, and I feel a new rekindling with my love for this band. It is so easy for us to get overwhelmed in the systematic nature we have put ourselves in- "what is the best show, best setlist, best crowd?" It is all too subjective to almost even make a serious argument about it. I recommend enjoying the music, enjoy the bands energy and their love for what they do, and remember what this music means to you. I slipped into a mindset where I focused on everything (crowd, setlist, rarities, venue...etc) but the music itself. Now I am starting to remember that deep love I felt for this band. Sometimes taking time away from 10C is a good thing. I've discussed matters with many kind and insightful folks on here, but I have come to realize there is a lot of negativity for some reason. Remember why we are here, most of us adore this band. Criticisms are one thing, but persistent, negative comments is another matter. Sorry for the rambling, but it applies to how I felt towards this show. Charlotte and Cville 2013 were my wake up call.

Tama,

Glad you feel better but gotta say I think you are being a little harsh on yourself. You had an honest fan view. It was your view, and yes, it is subjective. No one was saying PJ sucked in CLT. You probably would have thought CLT was off the chain if you were on the rail and didn't see them in Cville the night before. But you weren't on the rail and you were in Cville. Though it is hard not compare...it is human nature to do so. I bet the band compares and analyzes their performances. It really isn't that big of a deal. What is awesome is that they keep it real and what I saw over a 3 show stretch was exactly that.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • I forgot to mention this but hearing RVM reminded me. Did anyone elses ears start ringing when they closed the first set with RVM? I don't think I've ever heard a song played so loud. They rocked that fucking song out. I was in the GA and couldn't believe how good it sounded. I looked at my wife and could tell her head was pounding from it. She told me she wasn't expecting that!

Anyone else notice that??
  • I forgot to mention this but hearing RVM reminded me. Did anyone elses ears start ringing when they closed the first set with RVM? I don't think I've ever heard a song played so loud. They rocked that fucking song out. I was in the GA and couldn't believe how good it sounded. I looked at my wife and could tell her head was pounding from it. She told me she wasn't expecting that!

Anyone else notice that??

I totally agree with you! My ears were ringing during the first encore break because of how loud the song was. I was amazed at how hard Matt could pound that snare drum. Just when I thought he couldn't hit any harder, the snap of the snare just got louder. It was definitely one of my favorite performances of the night. It was my first time hearing RVM live in 4 shows, and it was much better than I ever thought it would be. The whole band just put so much energy into it! It was awesome.
  • To flip flop again, the boot doesn't hold up as well as I thought it would. It's average show at best. It's mixed well, but the band actually sounded tighter on the Cville bootleg and far more energetic. Just a very vanilla show.

That's my final verdict as well :lol:
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • I quite enjoyed the show and the bootleg.
  • Are you listening to an audience recording or the official boot? I don't see the Charlotte or Charlottesville boots available from this site or Nugs...
    Virginia Beach, VA - 06/17/2008 Bristow, VA - 05/13/2010 Charlottesville, VA - 10/29/2013
  • It was available on Nugs for about 24 hours. I was able to grab it before it went away. I think that they were put up by accident, as the shows have yet to debut on sirius xm.
  • huck_5huck_5 Posts: 80
    After not seeing PJ for a few years, I thought the show was pretty dang good. I had excellent company (my 12yr old son). He loved the show as well. Thought the band was pretty energetic, and everywhere I could see, people were standing and singing. We were on floor 3. Can't wait for the official boot to come out. I loved all of the video angles. Thought the "production" of the concert was pretty awesome. Some very interesting and unique video shots. Would love to buy a HD video of the show.
    Knoxville, TN '98 | Nashville, TN '03 | Columbia, SC '08 | EV - Nashville, TN '09 | EV - Phoenix, AZ '12 | Charlotte, NC '13
  • when's the boot going to be available????
  • Listening to the "official" bootleg for the first time...the first time always is the best. Almost like being taken back to that night.

Of course one cannot focus on the past, I must get ready for Amsterdam and Milan in a few months!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Ordered my copy last Wednesday, received it today. Say what you want, mediocre show or not......Present Tense and Immortality are rockin' on this boot. Awesome!
  • joseph33joseph33 Posts: 1,247
    So the song i most wanted to hear that night was Off He Goes. Wasnt sure they would play it. So i decide to go grab a beer from concessions. I was in line when i noticed the second chord being played. Welp i thought,Fuck That Beer! I sprinted back to my seat in 15 seconds to hear the rest of the song. I was amazed i didnt knock somebody over making it back to my seat. First show and my dream came true. Great night.
  • GeoScottGeoScott Posts: 151
    I can still remember the opening notes of "Pendulum" rattling my brain that night :)
  • GeoScottGeoScott Posts: 151
    Thanks to PJ for such a fun night one year ago today!
    Despite being one of the most hated shows in PJ's history (by this forum)
    I still love you :x
  • go prego pre Posts: 662
    yeah, not a popular show on here, but for me it will go down as my most memorable. got to hold ed on the rail during porch, and he gave me his wine bottle after the show.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • My wife said to me this morning that it was our pjversary.

It was a great show. Just remember, we got getaway first!!