Comments

• Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    I'm still reeling from this show :o
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    lets say it one more time

Wash in the setlist = once in a lifetime show..
    finally got my white whale!
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    #2, #3, #6 thru #8, #21, #31 thru #34. Enough said. Makes this set incredible.....
    Sea wrote:
    02. Wash
    03. Nothingman
    ---
    06. Last Exit
    07. Hail Hail
    08. In Hiding
    ---
    21. Footsteps
    ---
    31. Black
    32. Alive
    33. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
    34. Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    NYCPJ wrote:
    Fastrichie wrote:
    Anyone with a good photo of Mike running up the aisle?

Thanks,
    Rich

Not a great one, but i caught the end of it, when he was leaving the crowd:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/10374292054/

And video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPNPUgO0I1E&t=3m38s
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    JSF158JSF158 Posts: 4
    What time did the show start? I'm going to Philly and doors open at 6:30pm and they start playing at 7:30pm? There is no opening act. This is my first time with pit tickets and I don't want to miss them. I'm used to main acts starting around 9pm.
  • Options
    teemanteeman Posts: 337
    JSF158 wrote:
    What time did the show start? I'm going to Philly and doors open at 6:30pm and they start playing at 7:30pm? There is no opening act. This is my first time with pit tickets and I don't want to miss them. I'm used to main acts starting around 9pm.

Right around 8:30.
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Did anyone catch a video of Eddie talking before Betterman?
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    What a wonderful show. I had so much fun! I have seen PJ on every tour since 1996 live and that was the best Eddie's voice sounded since the mid-90s. His "growl" voice was very Ten era. And he was in such a great mood. The whole band was. I really appreciated when Eddie said how much he appreciated the NY fans and the people in this region and how we've always been good to PJ over the years. Well, they have always been good to us! Thank you, PJ!
    'And his loneliness is proof'
  • Options
    LA98 wrote:
    I'm still decompressing! I never check the setlist from the previous couple of nights on a tour, but overheard people talking about Crown of Thorns and I Am Mine from Friday night. My two holy grails. :( I was temporarily heartbroken. My best highlights:

Picked up my tix to see those beautiful words "floor seating" on them. Had to stop a Barclays employee to ask her if that really meant what I thought it did. :lol: Mike side. Noticed that a woman coming into my row was a coworker from many years ago. Pretty funny to run into someone like that out of a crowd of 18k people!

First time I've ever gotten to a show and posters weren't sold out yet! Didn't care for the art so didn't get one. I had wanted to grab some stickers to do a giveaway here but couldn't get any. Plenty of posters, no stickers. Go figure!

We were surrounded by lots of happy, well-mannered drunks. :thumbup: I have to say, it was heartwarming to see lots of male buddies at the show. Witnessed a LOT of "I love you man" hugging. :D

Blood: Unbelievable. Guy behind me must have repeated "Motherfucker!" about 25 times.

Unthought Known: Ed, I was singing the words without you!

Ed was right: Mike McFucking McCready!!! Running up those stairs!!! LOVE HIM!!!

Matt Fucking Cameron: I have no other words. He's amazing.

PORCH: Ed on those lamps was just the best ever. MUST GET A PIC OF THIS!

I think I secondhand smoked about 10 joints.

Barclays: $14.75 for a mixed drink? Are you fucking serious??? AND no Southern Comfort at the bar? WTF. I loved how the stands with the "Craft Beer" signs were selling Bud Light...

Oh, and ride on the 2 train back to Penn was highly amusing thanks to some epic-ly drunk 24-year-old boys. :lol:

THANK YOU, PEARL JAM!!!!!!! THANK YOU, 10C!!!!!!!!!

This was so much fun watching Ed dangle!

https://twitter.com/anacott33/status/392312275475775488/photo/1
  • Options
    GO20360GO20360 Posts: 21
    2 epic nights in Brooklyn, here are the stats

66 total songs
    56 unique songs

Best live band in the world

Album # of songs
    Ten 9
    LB 9
    Vs 8
    Vitalogy 7
    Yield 4
    Lost Dogs 4
    Cover 3
    Backspacer 3
    Singles 2
    No Code 2
    Riot Act 2
    Avocado 2
    Binaural 1
  • Options
    GO20360GO20360 Posts: 21
    GO20360 wrote:
    2 epic nights in Brooklyn, here are the stats

66 total songs
    56 unique songs

Best live band in the world

Album # of songs
    Ten 9
    LB 9
    Vs 8
    Vitalogy 7
    Yield 4
    Lost Dogs 4
    Cover 3
    Backspacer 3
    Singles 2
    No Code 2
    Riot Act 2
    Avocado 2
    Binaural 1

slight change.. wash was incorrectly coded at Ten, its Lost Dogs / alive single. but you get the picture
  • Options
    New Jersey - Jun 01, 2006
    Philly - Oct 28, 2009
    Philly - Oct 31, 2009
    New Jersey - May 18, 2010
    NYC - May 21, 2010
    Brooklyn - October 18, 2013
    Brooklyn - October 19, 2013
    Hartford - October 25, 2013
  • Options
    phungi wrote:
    What an amazing two shows!

Anyone have a photo of the setlist?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 65d2fc3007
  • Options
    One of the Best Rock Concerts I have ever seen..

And my old ass has been to a lot of Rock Concerts.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    vomikus39vomikus39 Posts: 250
    Comparable to 5-21-2010. IMO
    Who the f*ck goes around skinning cats~~Ed

It all comes down to changing your head~~John Lennon

MSG 6-24-08/MSG 5-21-10/Philly MIA 9-2-12/Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-13/Brooklyn NY 1&2 10-2013/Philly 1&2 10-2013
  • Options
    moloconomolocono Posts: 116
    vomikus39 wrote:

True, very comparable.
    I'd say MSG II 2010 wins by a hair. That show was just incredible...I have it as my second favorite out of 22 shows.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I wrote a bit earlier, but wanted to add this - I stayed in Brooklyn with my daughter who lives in Bed-Stuy and took her as my +1. She's been to a lot of shows with me, including Philly 3 and 4 09. We wore the matching Spectrum shirts. Anyway, her roommate is in the apartment and has a friend with her. It turns out he was going to the show as well, and talked her (my daughter's roommate) into going with him He loves PJ too but the roommate didn't know any of the music, so we started showing her some videos and we showed her In Hiding, and Immortality. He was telling her what it is like at shows and how people are so enthusiastic, and she said she was looking forward to that. She said she usually goes to tiny indie bands and the audience stands around looking at their phone or with their arms folded.

Pretty much everything we told her happens at a PJ shows happened. And it was pretty awesome that some of the exact songs we showed her were played that night. PJ did themselves proud and she was quite blown away. A new fan in the making I think. What a first show to have.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    molocono wrote:
    vomikus39 wrote:

True, very comparable.
    I'd say MSG II 2010 wins by a hair. That show was just incredible...I have it as my second favorite out of 22 shows.

I also think it's very comparable but I'm giving it to Brooklyn. More of my type of setlist.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    njcollnjcoll Posts: 2
    This synopsis of the show is well done...incredible show, energy was
    incredibly intense and powerful, beyond words to express my gratitude
    and wish the band love, health and strength throughout their tour :-)
  • Options
    BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 418
    Where do I start?

- 12 hours in the GA line (10th in line) got us on the rail right in front of Jeff
    - We made some signs with the band seemed to enjoy based on the fact that we got a few picks from both MMC and EV, guitar slide from MMC, EV handed us a bottle of wine which we passed down the front row
    - EV changed the words to ATY due to our signs
    - I called Dennis Rodman up from the middle of the pit to stand next to me on the rail

Magical. Crazy. Epic. EPIC.
  • Options
    macci wrote:
    Did anyone catch a video of Eddie talking before Betterman?

A video of this would be amazing.
    Thanks
    trying to shake the cancer off, stupid human beings ...
  • Options
    moloconomolocono Posts: 116
    I recreated this setlist as a playlist in iTunes...and as I'm listening I actually cannot believe I saw this live.
  • Options
    It was an epic night, almost as legendary as MSG, minus the "venue tremors", I guess because Barclays was built more solidly than MSG and able to absorb all the intense music and crowd pounding? :D

And kudos to the Barclays ushers! They were polite, professional and efficient. And they have "eagle eyes" like no other lol! :thumbup:
  • Options
    BagCzech wrote:
    EV changed the words to ATY due to our signs
    yeah, he told you to put your signs down
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    Great shows in Brooklyn, Had very nice seats in the 2nd row behind the Pit.
    The crowd, setlist and general flow of the show was almost flawless. There never seemed to be a point in which the show dragged.
    Immortality and All those Yesterdays stood out most for me.
    So many gems were played tonight too - Wash, In Hiding, Leaving Here, Present Tense, Rats, Footsteps, Blood
    Brooklyn was a great host.

Also managed to get this 8-)
    aywz.jpg
  • Options
    Truly great show. Just hope next time they can do a better job with the Ten Club drawings. And I hope there is a next time!
    10-19-13 Brooklyn II
    10-18-13 Brooklyn I
    5-21-10 MSG II
    5-20-10 MSG I
    10-31-09 Spectrum
    6-25-08 MSG II
    6-24-08 MSG I
    06-03-2006 E. Rutherford, New Jersey
    06-01-2006 E. Rutherford, New Jersey
    7-8-03 MSG
  • Options
    JD4609JD4609 Posts: 2
    Won GA standing so I was pretty excited for the show. It really was an epic show. Agree with most of the posts I have read, there is not too much to add. I went to the German bar D.K.B before the show and they really set the tone by playing a early live show. Really good time. Is there a specific place in Philly that the fan club is hanging at? Heading down tomorrow for Philly 2 and would love to pregame with that same crew.
  • Options
    When we were waiting on the GA line my 15 year old son asked me what songs I really wanted to hear. I told him "Down" and "All Those Yesterdays" but wasn't getting my hopes up because they don't play them too often. He was thrilled for the old man which was a nice turn of events!
  • Options
    mjd327 wrote:
    Anyways I don't know how to describe tonight. It was my second Pearl Jam show with my first being last night. When I left Friday I said "That was the greatest setlist imaginable. They won't beat this. It's impossible. There's no songs left." Um...well I was wrong I guess because Saturday was the better show by far, a lot of that because of how amazing the crowd was! It was a whoooole different feeling in there. On Friday I was the only person moving in Section 229...tonight in 114 everybody was going crazy!

I already ranted in my topic on the main board about how excited I was to hear all the hits I wanted to hear (Black, Even Flow, Alive, Betterman, Do the Evolution) but I never expected to hear some of the songs I wanted that aren't quite as big...All Those Yesterdays, In Hiding, and Rats all tonight I loved!!! I got to hear SO much of Vs. over the past two days! Heard Go, Daughter, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, Indifference, Rats, Dissident, and Blood! That's my favorite PJ album and I can't believe how much of it I got to see!!!!

Once was AMAZING tonight. I saw somebody say they should play it more because both casual and hardcore fans know it. This is so true. That was the moment the show turned around from being very good to being amazing. Once and everything after it was on another level. Just a total other level.

Just amazing show. The only negatives I can think of is that A. The lightning bolts on Lightning Bolt is really really really cheesy, and B. They should have reprised Small Town and Corduroy with that crowd! Do the Evolution and Given to Fly were repeats but IMO they were so much better Night 2 with a crowd that into it. i see why they didnt especially with how much new stuff they repeated but I STILL WANTED IT.

Also Pendulum should be the intro to every show. I think it's perfect and especially if you think of Song 2 as the real "opener". Crowd went crazy for Wash, and I never thought much of the song tonight and now I love it..same with Rockin in the Free World.
    I was in 114 too fucking amazing show...I was the only one up in my row
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • Options
    I feel like n2 will be a release on DVD/blu-Ray.