Options

*** Brooklyn 2 Fanviews Here 10/19/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I feel like n2 will be a release on DVD/blu-Ray.
    I hope so.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    faf80faf80 Posts: 21
    Dunno if already mentioned, but B,R,Y with Rodman in GA would have been fun!
    9/8/98, 9/10/98, 4/13/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 6/6/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 7/14/03, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/18/13, 10/19/13
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,644
    Just wanted to throw it out there. . . . Brooklyn2 was only the 14th time they've played ATY live (thanks stat tracker!!!)

As far as white whales go, I had hoped someday to get Rats, Blood, Whipping, maybe In Hiding. . . . I never thought I would get ATY. I just didn't think it would ever happen. When they started that song I looked at my wife in disbelief. . . . I wish I could bottle that feeling & keep it forever. Elation doesn't begin to describe what I was feeling.

To get all 5 of these songs, as well as Wash, Last Exit, PT + is more than I would have ever realistically hoped for.

As someone else in the thread already mentioned. . . . this is the set list I've been chasing for 15+ years.
    Hands down, the best of the 11 shows I've been to........... and the best band ever.
    Thanks PJ.

PS - While I'm looking forward to Hartford, I'm trying to temper my expectations after Brooklyn2.

PPS @ leafscubsjaysraptorsfan. . . . I hope you're right! A live DVD from the best show I've ever been to would be an incredible bonus!!! But I'll settle for the boot!
  • Options
    This show was epic! Probably my favorite PJ show ever! It made for a great birthday.
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    rianastudnerrianastudner Washington, DC Posts: 20
    Can someone confirm what Eddie said about the vase and the cracks? It resonated with me and hit close to hom and I'd like to read it again. Thanks all!! See you in Baltimore!
    R. Stud.
    24 and counting....
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Oh boy, a spare moment where I can finally put some thoughts down about this show!

WHAT. A SHOW. PJ always treats NYC well, but damn. Up there with MSG2 2010 for sure. I took my cousin to this show, he's from Israel but living in the States for a couple years to try something different. Been a very casual PJ fan for a while but this was his first show. He was amazed, got a text after that said "I'm going to have to start going to more shows if every show is like that!" :D I was a proud cousin!!

So many highlights of this one. I got to knock off some personal top 10's, including the #1 song I wanted to hear, In Hiding. I probably looked like a bumbling idiot during that song, I was SO SO SO happy!! It's just as amazing live as I thought it would be. Immortality is another favorite I've been wanting to hear, that was a treat. Wish Ed did the Immagine in Cornice intro thing, but still, amazing version. All Those Yesterdays has in the past year or so become an absolute favorite, and that coming out of left field was something else!

Wash 2nd song was something I wasn't expecting, and man was that a killer version. Last Exit>Hail, Hail had me grinning from ear to ear. Once freaking ripped the place up--one of the best versions I've ever heard! Did not see Footsteps coming by a mile, especially hearing it in Pitt. So happy I got it again, though! Future Days was gorgeous, a song that's been growing on me since LB came out. Encore 2 blew my mind, Whipping>Blood then LEAVING HERE! Just amazing. I don't have enough good things to say about this show.

Some pretty great Ed banter, too. His talk about being broken and cracks and all that hit me pretty hard. I love when he takes the time to share a bit of what's on his mind!

I'm still not over the fact I was able to witness these Barclays shows. I friggin love this band.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    I'm still not over the fact I was able to witness these Barclays shows. I friggin love this band.

I wasn't at Brooklyn 1, but that's how I feel about the Brooklyn2.

I'm still not over what I witnessed on Saturday night.
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    Can someone confirm what Eddie said about the vase and the cracks? It resonated with me and hit close to hom and I'd like to read it again. Thanks all!! See you in Baltimore!

Something to the effect of,

The Chinese will fix a broken vase and paint the cracks with gold paint....They celebrate the cracks.....Everybody has cracks or scars, they should be celebrated....The ones without the scars, those are the people you have to watch out for.....

Not even close to exact, but somewhere in that vicinity......lol
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    The bootleg is gonna be amazing i think this could be a dvd/bluray
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Did anyone else see Liam Finn at this show? We saw him with Eliza Jane on one of the side sections.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 551
    Though they were both incredible shows, I have to rank night 1 higher. Release, Chloe/Crown, Oceans, Eruption, Indifference, Sleight of Hand all in the same set.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    rival9500 wrote:
    Though they were both incredible shows, I have to rank night 1 higher. Release, Chloe/Crown, Oceans, Eruption, Indifference, Sleight of Hand all in the same set.

You should start a thread asking people which night they thought was better, this thread is for night 2 reviews.
  • Options
    rival9500 wrote:

You should start a thread asking people which night they thought was better, this thread is for night 2 reviews.

LOL, sorry officer. I did say they were both incredible shows.
  • Options
    rival9500 wrote:
    rival9500 wrote:

LOL, sorry officer. I did say they were both incredible shows.

"LOL"

OMG!!! ROTFL!!!!! :thumbup: :clap:
  • Options
    I only got to see Brooklyn2 but wow -- what a show! Crowd energy was palpable and that makes all the difference. There was a buzz in the air before the show and it turned into electricity by the time the lights went down. Brought both teenage daughters to the show and it was my youngest's 1st PJ show. She couldn't stop smiling!

We all smiled and talked about it until we fell asleep at the Sheraton at around 2:00am and talked about it again during our 4 hr drive home to upstate NY the next day.

Met some great folks at the Wishlist pre-party and glad our EV Melbourne poster fetched $75 in the auction. :)
  • Options
    You should start a thread asking people which night they thought was better, this thread is for night 2 reviews.[/quote]

LOL, sorry officer. I did say they were both incredible shows.[/quote]

"LOL"

OMG!!! ROTFL!!!!! :thumbup: :clap:[/quote]

Wow, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. Lighten up.

Message board police officers! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    nmileonmileo Posts: 3
    anyone know the song that plays in the arena after the shows are over? slower song, a lot of piano...
  • Options
    "Lol you guys!"
  • Options
    Again, sorry for using a fairly common internet sign for laughing out loud. Next time I'll post a video of myself laughing or a smiley face guy laughing at people who police boards and point fingers. L.O.L! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    rival9500 wrote:
    Again, sorry for using a fairly common internet sign for laughing out loud. Next time I'll post a video of myself laughing or a smiley face guy laughing at people who police boards and point fingers. L.O.L! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Lol"
  • Options
    Days later and I am still processing what I witnessed. I've never been to a show with a crowd like that. You could feel the energy. The band sounds better now than when I saw them a couple of times in the '90s. Eddie's voice was amazing and the music was so tight. Attended my first show since Randalls Island in the rain. My wife surprised me with tix for us on Wednesday before the show, then the next day she had to be rushed to the hospital where she remained for 4 days. She told me to still go to the show. I felt guilty going but am glad she still had me go. I hope this show comes out on DVD so she gets a chance to somewhat experience what I did. This would have been her first ever PJ show. I will have to make it up to her somehow.

I found it surprising at how every new song they played from LB just seemed to fit right in and how powerful those songs were live. Lightning Bolt in particular surprised me as I hadn't paid much attention to it when listening to the cd. As soon as they played Wash with the second song I thought I might be in store for a truly special show. Glad I was right. I was in Section 225, way up but was on my feet the whole show and even though I was up in the rafters I think it's one of if not the best show I've ever attended.

I've read all the messages in this thread and am glad everyone seems to have gotten the same feelings from the show that I did. I have to say that those who are writing about Sirens being played too much or that it's just an ok song, I think perhaps those people are younger than me. I believe that song is one of the best songs they have ever composed. Some of Eddie's best lyrics ever which clearly encapsulate feelings of love, fear of loss, life and death. As a husband and a father the song resonates with me.

And for those upset that Ed may have screwed up some lyrics, it's a live show. I think that makes it all the more real. They are human beings. I think it adds to the atmosphere. I like that he doesn't use a teleprompter. I prefer him feeling the music and energy rather than trying to read the words off a screen. Just my opinion.

Wash, In Hiding, Rats, ATY....unreal. Not to mention the rendition of Porch. When people have asked me how the show was, I tell them it was like a 3 hour sing along with the band. The crowd could be heard singing along to every tune.

Wow....just wow :shock: :D
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,098
    nmileo wrote:
    anyone know the song that plays in the arena after the shows are over? slower song, a lot of piano...

I'm Your Late Night Evening Prostitute, by Tom Waits.

I don't know his stuff except for one or two tune other people have covered. What little I have heard by him, before, I did not like, but I like this song a lot!
  • Options
    BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 418
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    BagCzech wrote:
    EV changed the words to ATY due to our signs
    yeah, he told you to put your signs down

as an FYI, yes, he told us to put the signs down, but it was done in a joking matter. thanks for playing.
  • Options
    mjd327mjd327 Posts: 145
    ^Im not so sure he was joking. He was probably pretty mad
  • Options
    nmileonmileo Posts: 3
    ceska wrote:
    nmileo wrote:

I'm Your Late Night Evening Prostitute, by Tom Waits.

I don't know his stuff except for one or two tune other people have covered. What little I have heard by him, before, I did not like, but I like this song a lot!

awesome.. thanks!!
  • Options
    What a 4 shows for me(Worcester 1 &2, Brookly 1& 2), first time in US!!!

Brookly 2 topped it all for me. incredible band, incredible set, incredible crowd!!!

Got lucky and scored GA, and end up 5th row just straight infront Ed, with my buddy from Slovenia. Felt like Ed was singing directly to us (of course its only my imagination), which was at the same time perfect, but also a bit odd, hahaha....I wont complain though:))

I was the guy holding up Slovenian flag for few seconds during Yellow ledbetter(with a Worcester & Brooklyn sign), when Eddie noticed it, pointed at it and had a laugh. He said Wuuuustaaaa in between lyrics.....you will hear it on the bootleg, so I guess this one will be really special moment for me!!

if anyone has a good video of this moment, pls share it with me

cheers to all, it truly was one of the best nights
    Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012
    Manchester 28.07.2012 - E.V.
    Worcester 15.10.2013
    Worcester 16.10.2013
    Brooklyn 18.10.2013
    Brooklyn 19.10.2013
    Trieste 22.6.2014
    Berlin 26.6.2014
    Milton Keynes 11.7.2014
    Buenos Aires 7.11.2015
    Sao Paulo 14.11.2015
    Rio de Janeiro 22.11.2015
    Chicago Wrigley Field 20.8.2016
    Chicago Wrigley Field 22.8.2016
  • Options
    Bar none, Barclay Night 2 was the best PJ show I've ever seen. Maybe it was the atmosphere, or the crowd. Maybe it was Ed's jovial mood. Maybe it was because we were up on rail in GA. Maybe it a little of all of that.

My photos from night 2:
    https://www.facebook.com/drewdallons/me ... 559&type=1

And some video I recorded:

In Hiding
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfUvV3x5RkU

Sirens
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8skwzErU_cg

Future Days
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGAcEZwFmoI
    See the path cut by the moon... for you to walk on...
  • Options
    BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 418
    mjd327 wrote:
    ^Im not so sure he was joking. He was probably pretty mad

I was 10 feet away and was able to see his face. If he was mad he wouldn't have handed us a bottle of wine.
  • Options
    Here's a short clip of Dennis Rodman when he appeared in the GA section right behind me... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xGvwZ0j ... e=youtu.be
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com