Options

*** Brooklyn 2 Fanviews Here 10/19/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    Oh man tonight was something special. I really enjoyed the two shows here in New York yet again with no plans to miss any future ones. The band always brings it and tonight was no exception. The whole night was a highlight. Oh and lol at ED swinging the light fixture at Stone
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    phungi wrote:
    What an amazing two shows!

Anyone have a photo of the setlist?
    adnr.jpg

Added In Hiding and Leaving Here.

I would've preferred Sad but not gonna complain after that epic show!

i said exactly the same thing would have definitely preferred sad but cant complain after a show like that
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    EPIC show. There, I said it.
    So much better than night 1. And... almost 3 hours long!!
    Ridiculous setlist, band in great spirits, much better sound and crowd than night 1.
    So many of my favorites and a few rarities thrown in: In hiding, Present Tense, Nothingman, Immortality, Black, Footsetps, Wash, Rats, Blood, All those f*ckin yesterdays!!! ...
    Go... Last Exit..Hail Hail... f*ck yeah
    Awesome version of Infallible.
    Love Pendulum as an opener. Adore Yellow Moon.

My heart is bursting with love for this awesome band of our right now. :D

AWE-SOME and then some more, and some more.
    8-)
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    Tonight edges out last night in my opinion.

Friday was awesome and different because of angry Ed, tonight was butterflies and roses and an amazing setlist (Blood!!!!)

From my personal concert experiences, this show was on the level of Halloween in Philly closing out the Spectrum and going way back to PNC 2003...PJ20 doesn't count because its on a whole other level

Tonight was perfect, can't wait till Friday to see if they could outdo themselves in Hartford
  • Options
    Absolutely amazing show! 3hrs and 34 songs! What a blast! I think Black was especially good tonight, maybe the best version I've ever heard. Mike was on fire.
    Paris '96, E. Rutherford '98, MSG1 '98, Hershey '03, E. Rutherford1 '06, Newark '10, MSG1 '10
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    just got home.. shot to shit from that show, wow.... so much energy tonight. I give the guys a huge amount of credit, they are not kids anymore and they just don't stop. Thank you for yet another memorable night.

Best parts of the night for me honestly besides the music and the overall vibe. My wife and I kept watching the ushers from about 10:45pm on.. they kept looking at their watches and with each song, this one girl kept turning to her supervisor(I am assuming) and would say Oh my god, they are not stopping :shock: .. hahaha, I told her that we would be here close to 11:30, she was not happy at all. I told her I would let her know when the last song was, and sure enough, YL came on and I told her, okay you have about 8-10 minutes left here.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    -Buru- wrote:
    Ridiculous setlist, band in great spirits, much better sound and crowd than night 1.
    So many of my favorites and a few rarities thrown in: In hiding, Present Tense, Nothingman, Immortality, Black, Footsetps, Wash, Rats, Blood, All those f*ckin yesterdays!!! ...

8-)

buru!!!
    i didn't know you were here in NY, bummer i missed you!

as to the shows, HELL YES. complete agreement with your assessment. tonight was AMAZING. last night for me, honestly, didn't make me crazy. but tonight, great, great show! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    -Buru- wrote:

8-)

buru!!!
    i didn't know you were here in NY, bummer i missed you!

as to the shows, HELL YES. complete agreement with your assessment. tonight was AMAZING. last night for me, honestly, didn't make me crazy. but tonight, great, great show! 8-)

Oh no... I'm an idiot. Here in NY, and missed out on seeing you.
    Killer show, though.
    8-)
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    BEST SHOW I HAVE ATTENDED TO DATE.

I really started to get the feeling that this night would top last night during In Hiding. 8-) And that feeling only grew for the rest of the show.

I was in section 209, so pretty far up in the rafters. Thought the sound was great, despite being so far up. Shout out to Nothinasitseems and SVRDHand13! :):) Nice to actually meet you guys and somehow all be in the same section, or only across the aisle.

Pendulum - Same opener as last but it was followed by WASH :shock: So I kinda count that as the opener. :?:
    Lightning Bolt and Mind Your Manners was all around better tonight than last night. Not sure why, but they just were.
    Last Exit - Hail Hail - In Hiding - Down :shock: :shock: - Seriously?! This combo set the night off right, First 9 songs were EPIC. Did anyone see what Mike was doing to Jeff during Hail, Hail? I will have to try to find a youtube video tomorrow
    Even Flow - Face was throughly melted. 8-)
    Infallible - Favorite off LB. ;) Followed by:
    Present Tense - Favorite off No Code. ;)
    Rats :o
    Unthought Known - Ed royally screwed up the lyrics, which still made it awesome.
    Immortality - Nearly died when this started playing. :thumbup: McCready solo!
    State Of Love And Trust - Once - Given To Fly = AMAZING
    Dennis Rodman in the GA PIT!?! What is Rodman's 10club number?! I feel bad for the people that got stuck behond him in the pit :lol:

AT this point, I had forgotten about the sit down 1st encore. When I saw the chairs come out I knew it would be the best concert I have ever attended. That's right, better than MSG 2010. Better than Philly 09. Better than PJ20. :o

Footsteps - GREAT SONG
    All Those Yesterdays - :shock: I was hoping this would be played. Didn't expect it.
    Do The Evolution - I think i danced for this entire song, wanted to try to shake the stage ala. MSG.
    Go - Porch McCready Melts my face off for a 3rd and 4th time. Love the lamps that get lowered during Porch.

Whipping - Awesome
    Blood - I WENT NUTS. (That's probably an understatement.)
    Leaving Here - Eddie can't remember the chords to start off with but I yell "I can name that song in 2 notes!" Nobody in my section got the reference but someone here will. :lol:
    Black - 11 pm and they start Black. Total sing along. McCready solo again is mind bending. After 'We Belong' the crowd is doing the 'turutututurutuu' thing and Ed kinda starts to sing ARC. Atleast that's what I thought I heard. It probably wasnt intentional, but then the crowd noise picks up again and he ends the song.
    Alive - I think this is played too much, but tonight it worked. i was way up high so playing alive with the house lights on able to see how much everyone is enjoying the show was awesome.
    Rockin’ In The Free World - another blistering solo. I sung the shit out of the last verse. 8-)
    Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner - After how 'on fire' mccready was I knew thatthey would end on YL. I also had a strong feeling of a tag at the end. Was hoping for Little Wing, but that didn't happen...

Walking out I definitely thought this was the best show I have ever been to. Check my signature, I have been to some awesome shows (If I do say so myself, and I do 8-):lol: ). This one had no 'gimicks'. No Sweet Lew. No Whip It. Only 1 backspacer :lol:

I just wish I was in the pit!
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Amazing - only able to make it to one show this tour, and wow so lucky to get this one! There are shows, and then there are THOSE shows. This was one of THOSE shows. Thank you Pearl Jam for a great evening. Its been a long time since Blood.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    This was my first PJ show. I scored 2 GA seats and got about 20 feet from Eddie. Should I ever go to another show because I can't see it getting better than this.
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    “I would like to dedicate this to the good citizens on Wall Street. Rats”

Brilliant!
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    My 50th show. I had first row center right behind ga. Immortality, in hiding, another unreal porch, blood!!!! I love this band. Perfect set with the perfect crowd along with the perfect band. Tonight was a thousand times better than Friday. Go with mike playing the solo on his back. Thank you ten club. Thank you pearl jam. I m going to bed. Onto Philly
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jammingwhileIcanjammingwhileIcan Posts: 89
    edited October 2013
    Sometimes a setlist does not do the show experience justice, and this show is the perfect example. Just incredible energy from both crowd and band that made every song seem special. The setlist just didnt make a difference tonight, i stopped waiting for rarities really early on as the band was just so on fire. I have never seen a crowd so into ritfw as they were tonight, everyone knew it was an epic show they had witnessed. I cannot believe these guys can still rock out like this, blows my freakin mind.

Also must comment on how much better the sound is in barclays than in msg, really night and day.
    Post edited by jammingwhileIcan on
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • Options
    chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306
    FYI Sea,

Leaving Here was not a Townshend song, though The Who covered it in their early years. Its written by Eddie Holland.

Charles
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    edited October 2013
    I would just like to say how fortunate I have been to attend multiple amazing east-coast shows over the years. Brooklyn 2013 did not disappoint. Loved both nights (Chole/Chrown and Oceans were always on my dream setlist). Tonight might get the slight nod -- the band just seemed to have that extra edge, look in their eyes. They were not fucking around tonight! And it showed.It goes beyond the amazing (and aggressive) set list - this concert just had it. When they went into Wash, you knew you were in for it. This is a serious show!

I had a little better camera angle tonight (and less meatheads around me, which is always good).
    Here are some photos; Got a few nice shots of McCready and a nice group shot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/set ... 741055775/

And here are a few from night 1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/set ... 741055775/
    Post edited by NYCPJ on
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    for the record

Mamasan Trilogy tonight :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    PJ212 wrote:
    That show was insane. Mike McCready was possessed by something tonight...

Rockin In The Free World (Ed Dancing)
    fwnz.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Roof torn off Barclays Center
    kgb7.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You were in my section, I think! (209?) Awesome pictures! Can I steal them for facebook? :):lol: \

I agree, Mike was definitely possessed. But in a fucking great/amazing way. :)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Leofish2Leofish2 Posts: 138
    Best set I have seen in years......my wife does not recognize me because my face is melted :D
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    How am I supposed to sleep after a night like tonight?
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    Leofish2 wrote:
    Best set I have seen in years......my wife does not recognize me because my face is melted :D
    hahaha,,i love that shit!!!awesome!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    How am I supposed to sleep after a night like tonight?
    i cant sleep and i wasnt even there!!!!!!!!!

Wash my love!!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2kOecJj_Dk
  • Options
    Holy shit, that was amazing. Could be the best concert I have ever attended.
  • Options
    Just an amazing show. 34 songs. Wow. And as a nice bonus it was my birthday, and twice ed said happy birthday to someone (not me obviously, but I can pretend and imagine...esp when the boots come out)
  • Options
  • Options
    MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    This was really a special night. The band was on fire tonight and played with an intensity and a drive from first to last note. When Ed called a set list audible and added in Hiding I knew the band wanted to deliver big. Thank you Pearl Jam for an exciting night. Thank you 10 club for the phenomenal seats and for efficiently managing a long line at the 10 club ticket window. My wife and I had a blast and it is incredible how after 15 years of shows I can say that the boys are getting better and better.

Two nit picks though. Can we all just agree that doing spit at a show is gross and distracting? And If you want to have a conversation with your friend please leave your seats. If you're talking above the music we can hear it. Be courteous to your neighbors. See you all at Philly II.

POP POP!
    POP POP!
  • Options
    Amazing time. Been to 26 shows and this was among the best. The setlist of my dreams! Go, Blood, Whipping, Immortality, Rats, Last Exit...I was in heaven. The new songs all sounded great. One of the best Porches I've seen in a while. Great, great, great time.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    triclopstriclops Posts: 40
    edited October 2013
    First off this was an awesome show. Wash, Down, and All Those Yesterdays were amazing. All songs I had yet to hear live. I was in GA(thanks 10club) and was dead center about 15 feet from Ed.

That being said, this little rant goes out to the kid in the Green shirt right near me for part of the show. Is it to much trouble to ask that you wear deodorant to the show. It's bad enough that I had to deal with your sweat flying around and dripping on me from your greasy head, but then every time you raised your arms it was f@cking awful. The smell was so bad. Please have some courtesy for the people around you and throw on a little Degree or Old Spice.
    Post edited by triclops on
    Jones Beach- 08/24/00
    Nassau Coliseum- 04/30/03
    MSG- 07/08/03, 07/09/03
    Continental Airlines Arena- 06/01/06, 06/03/06
    MSG- 06/24/08, 06/25/08
    Barclays Center, Brooklyn 10/19/13
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Jeffs bass-line in 'Leaving Here' is ridiculous.

As in awesome.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    too tired to blog about it, here's a couple to enjoy:

In hiding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ufhcAmsOY0
    Present Tense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWZfHhmYigk

There's more on my YT channel too... goodnight!!!