Options

3 year-old's First Show Tonight

Comments

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,745
    Wonder if the 3-year-old got to drink any of Ed's wine.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    This thread may make the forums less busy in the coming weeks. To the op, 3 seems a little young but it is obviously up to you, Id bring my 8 year old, earlier than that i don't know. Good luck, have fun, spread the love.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    What next? Prematurely born babies at shows?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235

Should we start a "no pregnant women at PJ shows" thread?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,745
    I have a 5-year-old I'm terrified to take to Chuck E Cheese. I wouldn't take her to a rock show I wanted to see because I'd be afraid she'd ruin it.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I have a 3 year old, and he went to made in America festival. Was on my shoulders the entire time and probably knew more words to the songs then many around us. My son is going to 3 shows on this tour, as for ear damage my son wears protection on his ears. My father raised me going to concerts at an early and I'm doing it with my child. I've read where people say every 3 year old is the same, that is totally wrong. I've read people say that their kids would be bad or whatever at the show and be hard to handle. I apologize if you have these kind of kids but my sons been to plenty of concerts with no issues. I hope this guy has a great experience at the show with his son. I'd rather him about someone taking a child to pearl jam then some boy band or Miley Cyrus show.
  • Options
    oysterjar wrote:

Should we start a "no pregnant women at PJ shows" thread?

Why not, go for it lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I have a 3 year old, and he went to made in America festival. Was on my shoulders the entire time and probably knew more words to the songs then many around us. My son is going to 3 shows on this tour, as for ear damage my son wears protection on his ears. My father raised me going to concerts at an early and I'm doing it with my child. I've read where people say every 3 year old is the same, that is totally wrong. I've read people say that their kids would be bad or whatever at the show and be hard to handle. I apologize if you have these kind of kids but my sons been to plenty of concerts with no issues. I hope this guy has a great experience at the show with his son. I'd rather him about someone taking a child to pearl jam then some boy band or Miley Cyrus show.

seems perfectly fair to anyone standing behind you
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I have a 3 year old, and he went to made in America festival. Was on my shoulders the entire time

But Jimbo, how else is his 3 year old supposed to see the show???
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508

It's ok his kids are well behaved. :roll:

Don't forget I have the best looking kids since fire was invented. Tell me I'm wrong I dare you.
  • Options
    Gee the more I read this thread (up to page 5) the worse it gets.
    Sometimes I am embarrassed to be a fan of this band because of how crazy and extreme some fans are.
    Taking a child who will be freaked out by the loud music and will be crying because it is past bedtime and he/she is surrounded by adrenaline/alcohol fueled people is ridiculous.
    And then this guy with the avatar of his child in a PJ t-shirt just tops it off, his avatar is very cringe-worthy.
    I would never dress my child in PJ merch, when he/she is old enough and if they like the band then they can feel free to wear merch. It is like you are some religious fundamentalists enforcing your love on another.
    Some of you fans are a bit crazy and too extreme.
    I hope anyone taking a child to the show gets refused entry to the venue.
    It is a form of child abuse, considering the damage of loud music on ears.
  • Options
    I have a 3 year old, and he went to made in America festival....

Stopped reading there :fp:
  • Options
    Sometimes I am embarrassed to be a fan of this band because of how crazy and extreme some fans are.
    Taking a child who will be freaked out by the loud music and will be crying because it is past bedtime and he/she is surrounded by adrenaline/alcohol fueled people is ridiculous.
    And then this guy with the avatar of his child in a PJ t-shirt just tops it off, his avatar is very cringe-worthy.
    I would never dress my child in PJ merch, when he/she is old enough and if they like the band then they can feel free to wear merch. It is like you are some religious fundamentalists enforcing your love on another.
    I hope anyone taking a chilk to the show gets refused entry to the venue.

First off if pearl jam had an issue with children being at the shows they would have an age limit at the show, second of all if a parent brings achild to a show without ear protection then sure they are assholes. Also you say its cringe worthy that this guy has hid child in a pearl jam shirt. Dude I think you got more problems then someone bringing a child to a show
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508

It's also very kind of to tell your kid who they can and can't listen to. God forbid children grow up with the freedom to do what they want.
  • Options

It's also very kind of to tell your kid who they can and can't listen to. God forbid children grow up with the freedom to do what they want.

That's how I raise my kid around things I like. If one day he decides he likes other music, we will cross that bridge when we get there. But my father took to many shows as a child and it's some of the best memories.
  • Options
    I just hope diapers do not need to be changed early into the show and that no child is throwing a tantrum because he/she wants to be breastfed.
  • Options
    I'm taking my very premature son to the next show, it will be a special night for both of us.
    Here is a photo taken of my son only seconds ago, does anyone know if they sell tiny PJ onesies at the merch stands?

Prembaby_Jake.jpg
  • Options
    I hope anyone taking a chilk to the show gets refused entry to the venue.

First off if pearl jam had an issue with children being at the shows they would have an age limit at the show, second of all if a parent brings achild to a show without ear protection then sure they are assholes. Also you say its cringe worthy that this guy has hid child in a pearl jam shirt. Dude I think you got more problems then someone bringing a child to a show

Yeah, since they don't say it (age limit), they must totally be down with it.

Listen if Ed himself ever said he thought it was cool for people to bring 2 and 3 year olds to shows I would think him to be a mindless tool as well.

The point is kids that young (anyone not in there mid teens) need not be at shows period and the extreme young ages (like you) are a downright scary and disturbing trend.
  • Options
    I'm taking my very premature son to the next show, it will be a special night for both of us.
    Here is a photo taken of my son only seconds ago, does anyone know if they sell tiny PJ onesies at the merch stands?

Prembaby_Jake.jpg

The 10-12-13 Winner of the Internet!!! :D
  • Options
    Here is Australia concerts are 18+.
    Hope the US introduces the same rule.

Just out of curiosity, to the mothers on this forum that take their babies to shows, serious question, where the hell do you go to change your baby's diaper and breastfeed at a concert?
  • Options
    RelishRelish Posts: 18

Prembaby_Jake.jpg

Awesome. I was going to post a fetus, but this is the same idea.
    San Diego 6/26/1995
    San Diego Sports Arena 11/6/1995
    Seattle (Key Arena) 9/16/1996
    Las Vegas (Thomas & Mack) 7/11/1998
    Boston (Tweeter Center) 8/29/2000
    San Bernardino (Glen Helen Blockbuster Pavilion) 10/28/2000
    Irvine (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater) 6/2/2003
    Las Vegas MGM 6/6/2003
    LA (Gibson) 9/30/2009
    LA (Gibson) 10/7/2009
    San Diego Viejas Arena 8/7/2013
    Boston - Fenway 9/2/2018
    + a couple more I cannot remember ...
  • Options
    RelishRelish Posts: 18
    I believe the OP was just trying to rock the boat. Nobody would take a 3 year old to a PJ show. Let me rephrase: No intelligent, loving parent would take a 3 year old to a PJ show. Anyone who says different is trolling.
    I have a 7 year old and there is no way in hell they are going with me to Whale's Vagina next month.
    San Diego 6/26/1995
    San Diego Sports Arena 11/6/1995
    Seattle (Key Arena) 9/16/1996
    Las Vegas (Thomas & Mack) 7/11/1998
    Boston (Tweeter Center) 8/29/2000
    San Bernardino (Glen Helen Blockbuster Pavilion) 10/28/2000
    Irvine (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater) 6/2/2003
    Las Vegas MGM 6/6/2003
    LA (Gibson) 9/30/2009
    LA (Gibson) 10/7/2009
    San Diego Viejas Arena 8/7/2013
    Boston - Fenway 9/2/2018
    + a couple more I cannot remember ...
  • Options
    I wonder if any of these extreme fans take their pets to shows as well?
    And if they dress them in PJ merch?
    Awaiting the day I see a fan at a show with a parrot on his/her shoulder, holding a dog on a leash and a cat in a cage.
  • Options

Prembaby_Jake.jpg

:?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    Brain Of JeremyBrain Of Jeremy Posts: 135
    edited October 2013
    Relish wrote:
    I believe the OP was just trying to rock the boat. Nobody would take a 3 year old to a PJ show. Let me rephrase: No intelligent, loving parent would take a 3 year old to a PJ show. Anyone who says different is trolling.
    I have a 7 year old and there is no way in hell they are going with me to Whale's Vagina next month.

That's the thing, the OP may have just trying to start trouble but you see some other people coming at of the woodwork with their own proud stories of awful parenting (with pics nonetheless) and irrational logic.
    Post edited by Brain Of Jeremy on
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    Awaiting the day I see a fan at a show with a parrot on his/her shoulder, holding a dog on a leash and a cat in a cage.

They can play LEASH for the guy with the dog! :lol:
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Honestly id prefer a 3 yr old to some frat boys and ugly drunk women ive seen at PJ shows.
    still the decision might be questionable.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Honestly id prefer a 3 yr old to some frat boys and ugly drunk women ive seen at PJ shows.
    still the decision might be questionable.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    the only question i have is this....
    the wife,that stayed home,is she hot?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

They can play LEASH for the guy with the dog! :lol:

Good call.
    And TEMPLE OF THE DOG songs.
    And anything off LOST DOGS.