Options

3 year-old's First Show Tonight

Comments

• Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    kc007 wrote:
    I'm going to the show tonight. I hope I see you with a 3 year old, so I can take your picture and post it on Facebook with the caption "parent of the year." It will also be used as evidence when I call CPS. Some people obviously shouldn't be allowed to procreate. Enjoy the show!!!!
    Great idea. Someone really should call the dept of social services child abuse dept.

You guys are silly. If the kid is wearing some hearing protection device, which the father sated he would be, that case would go nowhere.

This is not to say I think it's a great idea to bring a 3-year-old, just saying there's no reason to act all high and mighty.
  • Options
    Your 3 year old will blend right in...

Since most of the people I have met on this board act like 2 year olds.

:P
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    This could go on forever. You can never convince people how to raise their kids. I'm sure I could dig up some horrific event to prove this is not a good idea but I don't even wanna think like that. Whatever, just let these people be "those" parents. I'll continue to be a good one. Until I bring my 4 day old to Portland or Spokane. Or wait, is that too young. I just want his first concert to be special.

And I've seen the Fresh Beat Band twice and they're awesome live. That guy needs to take his kids to see them and let them be kids. Not what he wants them to be.

:lol:

You were doing okay until spewing this nonsense. You're not a better parent just because you choose to keep them away from rock concerts. This isn't a simple yes or no situation and any parent should understand that. Just agree to disagree.

I think he's a better parent by keeping his kids away from rock concerts.
    Same here.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Since most of the people I have met on this board act like ALL KNOWING 2 year olds.

Fixed.
    East Lansing 98, Detroit 98, Tampa 00, Detroit 00, Buffalo 03, State College 03, Detroit I 03, Detroit II 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids, 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Grand Rapids 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Lollapalooza 07, West Palm Beach 08, Tampa 08, To be continued...
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    EarlWelsh wrote:
    kc007 wrote:
    I'm going to the show tonight. I hope I see you with a 3 year old, so I can take your picture and post it on Facebook with the caption "parent of the year." It will also be used as evidence when I call CPS. Some people obviously shouldn't be allowed to procreate. Enjoy the show!!!!
    Great idea. Someone really should call the dept of social services child abuse dept.

You guys are silly. If the kid is wearing some hearing protection device, which the father sated he would be, that case would go nowhere.

This is not to say I think it's a great idea to bring a 3-year-old, just saying there's no reason to act all high and mighty.

Yeah, hearing protection. I'm sure that will save him.

I just hope this person smartens up.

#FHP
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

#FHP

The hearing protection won't drown out the sound enough when he's trying to sleep in his seat.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    EarlWelsh wrote:
    kc007 wrote:

That's the spirit. Make sure the kid can't really hear anything at a concert unsuitable for kids - should be a really worthwhile experience. He'd better also bring a gas mask to protect the toddler from the pot fumes surrounding him. And a blindfold to keep him from witnessing drug use. And don't forget the caffeine pills - he's going to need them if you want him to stay up 5 hours past his bedtime.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I think an indoor arena show would be a pretty awful environment for any young child, for lots of reasons. And they've all pretty much been stated. If you truly think you kid can handle it, that's your call, but know that it's likely that it'll put a damper on your enjoyment, others' enjoyment and your kid probably won't remember it and if they do it's a crapshoot on whether or not it's a good memory.

I took my 3 year old to an outdoor MMJ show and she really liked dancing around, but she got tired of it about halfway through. Luckily, it was at a state park, so there were walkways and places to go sit away from the show and still hear the tunes. If you're real set on taking a young kid to a show, I'd advise to wait around for something like this.
  • Options
    kc007kc007 USA Posts: 282
    I know a woman who brought her toddler to a movie when the baby was just 2, the kid now has hearing problems... most likely from the movie theaters she exposed him to.

Some parents just don't care. They are going to do what they want despite the clear and present dangers. Not to mention, all those people at a dirty concert venue and all those germs... kids put everything in their mouths.
  • Options
    do you think he would even make it to the show after standing on a merch line for 3 hours? :lol:
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    If not for the safety of your child , just know that most people attending a rock concert don't want to sit near you and your rug rat.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited October 2013

#FHP

The hearing protection won't drown out the sound enough when he's trying to sleep in his seat.

my 4 yr old could sleep soundly at a NASCAR event!
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    do you think he would even make it to the show after standing on a merch line for 3 hours? :lol:
    Lol :D
  • Options

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

my 4 yr old could sleep soundly at a NASCAR event!

How much beer did he have? lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    I wanted to take my 4yr old to the show...
    But she was punished for using foul language...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLWvfK9PDjs
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

:clap::clap::clap:
  • Options

:clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

Awesome.
  • Options
    teemanteeman Posts: 337
    The OP posted once, with a "hot" topic and let everyone duke it out. Probably doesn't have a kid, just trolling...

...but just in case, taking a 3 year old to a concert is a waste.
  • Options
    teeman wrote:
    The OP posted once, with a "hot" topic and let everyone duke it out. Probably doesn't have a kid, just trolling...

:shock:
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    teeman wrote:

Could be , but this topic has come up before. I don't doubt for a second moronic parents bring young kids to a concert not because it is the right thing to do, but because they are projecting themselves onto their kids.
  • Options
    teemanteeman Posts: 337
    jrnyc wrote:
    teeman wrote:

Could be , but this topic has come up before. I don't doubt for a second moronic parents bring young kids to a concert not because it is the right thing to do, but because they are projecting themselves onto their kids.

So true about projecting.
  • Options
    Brain Of JeremyBrain Of Jeremy Posts: 135
    edited October 2013
    Jack Straw wrote:
    I may not be that bright, but I know the difference between a forum and a "form". And so do my 4 and 6 year old. So fuck you.

Yes, you caught my spelling error. That totally validates your careless and ignorant parenting.

Glad you will probably be passing down that classy way of talking to your children as well.
    Post edited by Brain Of Jeremy on
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    I'm not a fan of very small children at shows. And by very small children I mean any child that isn't at least....12 years old. Unless they are really really really into the band and asking to go. I remember being 13 I was in 6th grade and I heard pearl jam was coming to town. It was the first time I wanted to go see them, even though I listened to them for years before that. A concert never really occurred to me as something I wanted to do until I was a teen.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    Hell, how many times have Ed's daughters been sidestage with those big ass ear muffs? Get over yourselves.

Yeah, a performer's children watching there parents onstage is a little different then your situation. :fp:

Trying to compare yourself makes you almost as bad as the OP.
  • Options

Since most of the people I have met on this board act like 2 year olds.

:lol:
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    badbrains wrote:
    Wow, what a waste of a ticket and is wrong in so many ways. That's idiotic. :fp:

^this!

we have the lottery because there aren't enough tickets to go around for members, but a 3 year is going. :problem:
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    on2legs wrote:
    This should be good. :corn:

This didn't disappoint :D

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    shortstack wrote:
    badbrains wrote:
    Wow, what a waste of a ticket and is wrong in so many ways. That's idiotic. :fp:

^this!

we have the lottery because there aren't enough tickets to go around for members, but a 3 year is going. :problem:

Maybe the account / tickets are in the 3 year old's name, and only he can will call them.