Comments

• Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,086
    donnaruhl wrote:
    Maynardsux: M/44

Did you recieve your gift yet??
    I can't even track it. I was just given
    an order # ;)

Thank you Donna!!! :D I got home late last night from work to find this package sitting on my kitchen table and I couldn't recall ordering anything....I love that slow sinking feeling I get every year when it finally dawns on me that my PJ SS gift has arrived!!!! :lol: Love the Chicago Cubs clock, I already have a space picked out in the "man room" for it.....it'll help remind me of how many minutes I will end up counting before I see them win another championship :lol: I wish you all the best this holiday season and thanks again!

Just want to give a special shout out to D and Helen for continuing what I feel is the BEST tradition of this fan club....to my SS, I am sorry your present did not arrive in time, but I promise you, it is on its way!.....Dimi has also kept up the fine tradition of picking the most remote places in the world for me to send gifts (Ireland, Israel, Finland, and now......"not telling just yet") Definitely not complaining, I am proud to share a piece of Canada, but our "snail mail" is the worst :fp: , as I'm sure my fellow Canadians will attest to.....as for everyone else, 2013 was very nice PJ-wise and '14 is already shaping up to be stellar.....so keep yourselves (and each other) safe this holiday season, and hold the ones you love close and never forget to remind them how much they mean to you....All the best!!

G
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    You did say you were a Cub's fan RIGHT?
    I will shit if it was another team.
    Just think of it as a Pearl Jam Clock. Tick,Tick,Tick to Wrigley.
    I'm so happy you received it.I went back to the Order and it said they would e-mail me when
    it was shipped,And I hadn't seen one of those either.
    Have a Very Merry Christmas Gerry. :)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Thank you Leezestarr and Caveeze!! Such cool wine glass guitar pick clips! With all my favorite bands :D:D:D What a perfect gift!!! Candy...(yay!) and sticker!! Will post pic eventually!

I saw these on Etsy and almost got them for my person :lol:

They will be well used and I'll think of the generosity of my fellow 10 clubbers every time I drink wine...which is A LOT!!!

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    It's been been said before.. But all you need is Love... And it is in abundance here!!
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    Love seeing all of these happy posts...I'm anxiously waiting to hear from my SS to make sure they got their gift!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Thank you Leezestarr and Caveeze!! Such cool wine glass guitar pick clips! With all my favorite bands :D:D:D What a perfect gift!!! Candy...(yay!) and sticker!! Will post pic eventually!

I saw these on Etsy and almost got them for my person :lol:

They will be well used and I'll think of the generosity of my fellow 10 clubbers every time I drink wine...which is A LOT!!!

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!!!

I'm so glad you like it :D They were especially made for you! Enjoy the candy, I hope you had a wonderful christmas :wave:
  • Options
    I got an interesting package in the mail today. Randomly, I received the Worcester, MA show! Either Santa really exists or my Secret Santa totally came through!!! Thanks for the boot!!! Happy Holidays everyone and Happy New Year!

Nick
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I checked again and the mail tracker is defo saying my parcel was delivered before Christmas, so I hope my recipient received it, sorry if it wasn't what you'd hoped for but I hope there's something in it you liked :)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    dottles wrote:
    I checked again and the mail tracker is defo saying my parcel was delivered before Christmas, so I hope my recipient received it, sorry if it wasn't what you'd hoped for but I hope there's something in it you liked :)

Not hearing from a recipient stinks :(
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    PJPixie wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Oh no, it's cool. They might be away for the holidays or something.
    I was more worried it might not get there in time, but I know it did so that's great, and I hope they like it - and that it's not been delivered incorrectly or something.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    I thought I posted this last night. thank you ss! I have been needing a new photo album and this one is perfect! I've never seen such a nice bookmark. I can put a picture off my grandson in there. (I always have a book with me) I really need a watch I'm always late,
    Thank You so much!
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Oh no, it's cool. They might be away for the holidays or something.
    I was more worried it might not get there in time, but I know it did so that's great, and I hope they like it - and that it's not been delivered incorrectly or something.

Gotcha! :) I was just speaking from my own experience. I never ever heard one word from the person I gifted last year. That person confirmed with Dimi that they did receive the gift(s) that I sent but I never heard anything. I never even knew their board identity.

• Options
    Just got a message from my husband that there is a package from the Netherlands waiting for me at home.
    YAY! So excited to get home and open it! I told him to keep his hands off it, lol.
    I will repost later and let you know what was they sent me :D
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,057
    I was just handed a USPS missed delivery slip by my GF . Available after 8am tomorrow for pick up. Deutsche post. Third year I've gotten from Germany. Interested to see what this member has to offer.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I was just handed a USPS missed delivery slip by my GF . Available after 8am tomorrow for pick up. Deutsche post. Third year I've gotten from Germany. Interested to see what this member has to offer.

Awesome! It makes me happy to still see that license plate in your avatar :D :wave:
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

Awesome! It makes me happy to still see that license plate in your avatar :D :wave:
    its been in every truck I've driven. Need to take a pic of my current truck. Have had a couple people comment too. Mostly how cool it and PJ are.The last was saying thumbs up on the IRISH plate. My response, no dude its german!!

In fact I took it out of the truck and put in the car window for the trip to Buffalo.On the way home someone with Virginia plates honked and gave a thumbs up!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

its been in every truck I've driven. Need to take a pic of my current truck. Have had a couple people comment too. Mostly how cool it and PJ are.The last was saying thumbs up on the IRISH plate. My response, no dude its german!!

In fact I took it out of the truck and put in the car window for the trip to Buffalo.On the way home someone with Virginia plates honked and gave a thumbs up!!

:lol: That makes me happy :D and it seems to work well as a good luck charm for your trips too!
  • Options
    WOW!! Thank you to my secret santa- Hex / Jojo!! I cannot believe how much effort you put into this, it is amazing.
    I must apologize for not providing any helpful info about myself. It looks like a you worked hard at putting this together, and I love every bit of it!
    Here's what she sent me:
    - an led snowflake ornament
    - 3 beautiful prints
    - Golden Earring "Moontan" coasters, cd (never knew they were Dutch!)
    - copy of "Hex", a cd from Joolz Denby, and where Jojo got her board name.
    - EV in Amsterdam 2012 DVD
    - PJ forest tee, PJ tote, PJ stickers from Europe tours
    - A beautiful butterfly clip, which reminded her of my GTF tattoo
    - PJ tow truck iron on decal
    - "New Model Army" tee, lanyard and cd's (her other favorite band)
    - a set of PJ buttons/pins, wristband
    - star shaped votives
    - wire reindeer

Plus a lovely letter explaining her gifts to me, and telling me about herself. I cannot say how grateful I am for all of these wonderful items. Thank you so much Jojo, my new friend, I just love it all.
    I will try and post a photo tomorrow, you guys have to see all of this.
  • Options
    LARS!!!!!!!

2 10" vinyls. Soundgarden the both of them. And a nice handmade computer generated card of an "evil little goat" holding a machine gun guitar, while wearing a santa hat. with a Mike "M" pick!!!!

First disc was the soundchecks from 96 tour "Before The Doors" : Live on I-5

3 songs from the oakland show check , 1.No Attention 2. Never The Machine, 3. Waiting For The Sun.
    One song from Vancouver check , Room A Thousand Years Wide
    One song from Sacremento, Somewhere

Second disc has Demos from King Animal

Bones Of Birds, By Crooked Steps(really like this song), Halfway There,Worse Dreams, Black Saturday,A Thousand Days Before Pics to follow if my technodummy skills can figure it out!!!!

• Options
    LarsK13LarsK13 Germany Posts: 1,650
    Many thanks to "PJTradeking" for the wonderful Zippo (now I have two of them :D ). Am thrilled. Please excuse the late notification, but the Christmas stress and the work were just too much.

Secondly, I would like to thank Dimi that he has everything organized again. Kudos to you, Dimi! Hope to see you in Berlin or Amsterdam!

Hey "mickeyrat", I hope you do not still have the records (and that you like them). Spin them and have much fun! Rock on! Oh yes, it's incidentally a sheep, not goat! For everyone else here the picture!
    01_front-4-2_zpsc35ad710.jpg

I wish you all a happy new year!
    Lars :mrgreen:
    03-10-1992/06-11-1992/06-14-1992/11-04-1996/06-26-2000/09-23-2006/06-21-2007
    08-13-2009/06-22-2010/06-25-2010/06-30-2010/07-02-2012/07-04-2012/07-05-2012
    07-10-2012/06-16-2014/06-17-2014/06-26-2014
    04-28-2016/04-29-2016/05-01-2016/05-02-2016/08-20-2016/08-22-2016
    EV: 07-25-2012/05-29-2017/05-30-2017/06-01-2017

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/231685/iso-ev-concert-postcards#latest
  • Options
    WoogieWoogie NYC Posts: 409
    I thought for sure my person would have their gift by now. Was sent on the 16th.
    Expected delivery was on the 21st but it looks to be stuck in transit so no Christmas delivery.
    My apologies to my person but I hope the wait was worth it when you finally do receive your prezzie.
    I really enjoy the process of getting a name with a small paragraph of info & trying to find
    the perfect items to match that list. Awesome to see so many enjoying their gifts.

I did receive my gift yesterday. The PJ Dog-tag necklace is cool. Thanks Adidi

Kelly!!! "kellanazzie" I am overwhelmed with my gifts from you!!! Everything you sent to me is beautiful, and so "me." You outdid yourself, and I can't thank you enough. The lovely box everything came in, the scarf, the lightning bolt socks, the R.A Dickey baseball card, the Mets ornament, the book, the PJ bookmark, the PJ photos are unbelievable, the box of notecards, the PJ and Foo Fighters stickers and buttons, the mini notebook.... just perfect!!! And I love the post card and brochures from Canada as well; it's a beautiful place that I enjoy to visit! I was actually there 2x during this past tour (Toronto and Vancouver)!!! And your Christmas card is simply gorgeous!!! I love your creativity! Thank you so very much!! I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how to do it on here... Thanks Dimitris for matching me up with Kelly!! I had so much fun with this!!!! Love, Dawn
  • Options
    HEXHEX Posts: 221
    VinylGirl wrote:
    WOW!! Thank you to my secret santa- Hex / Jojo!! I cannot believe how much effort you put into this, it is amazing.
    I must apologize for not providing any helpful info about myself. It looks like a you worked hard at putting this together, and I love every bit of it!
    Here's what she sent me:
    - an led snowflake ornament
    - 3 beautiful prints
    - Golden Earring "Moontan" coasters, cd (never knew they were Dutch!)
    - copy of "Hex", a cd from Joolz Denby, and where Jojo got her board name.
    - EV in Amsterdam 2012 DVD
    - PJ forest tee, PJ tote, PJ stickers from Europe tours
    - A beautiful butterfly clip, which reminded her of my GTF tattoo
    - PJ tow truck iron on decal
    - "New Model Army" tee, lanyard and cd's (her other favorite band)
    - a set of PJ buttons/pins, wristband
    - star shaped votives
    - wire reindeer

Plus a lovely letter explaining her gifts to me, and telling me about herself. I cannot say how grateful I am for all of these wonderful items. Thank you so much Jojo, my new friend, I just love it all.
    I will try and post a photo tomorrow, you guys have to see all of this.

Glad you got it, sorry it was late.
    Sent the box priority with tracking, insurance etc. to get there before Xmas. But it took weeks to cross the pond and after being processed through customs real quick it got stuck in transit only 10 miles from your house for another 4 days :fp:

It was such fun putting this together and to find out more about you. I didn't mean to spy on you though ;)

Also sorry the EV DVD is actually a DVD box with CD's from both Amsterdam shows. I really wish I had the shows on video !! However the PJ Pinkpop shows are on DVD, hope it will play without problems with region code.
    Forgot to tell you the art prints are made by Joolz D.

Best wishes for the New Year to you and all Secret Santa's and I hope to meet you in person at a PJ show soon :D
    ..... June 2014 ....... Amsterdam ....... Berlin ?!
    And thank you Dimi for organizing this again, see you in Amsterdam :D
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Woogie wrote:
    I thought for sure my person would have their gift by now. Was sent on the 16th.
    Expected delivery was on the 21st but it looks to be stuck in transit so no Christmas delivery.
    My apologies to my person but I hope the wait was worth it when you finally do receive your prezzie.
    I really enjoy the process of getting a name with a small paragraph of info & trying to find
    the perfect items to match that list. Awesome to see so many enjoying their gifts.

Kelly!!! "kellanazzie" I am overwhelmed with my gifts from you!!! Everything you sent to me is beautiful, and so "me." You outdid yourself, and I can't thank you enough. The lovely box everything came in, the scarf, the lightning bolt socks, the R.A Dickey baseball card, the Mets ornament, the book, the PJ bookmark, the PJ photos are unbelievable, the box of notecards, the PJ and Foo Fighters stickers and buttons, the mini notebook.... just perfect!!! And I love the post card and brochures from Canada as well; it's a beautiful place that I enjoy to visit! I was actually there 2x during this past tour (Toronto and Vancouver)!!! And your Christmas card is simply gorgeous!!! I love your creativity! Thank you so very much!! I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how to do it on here... Thanks Dimitris for matching me up with Kelly!! I had so much fun with this!!!! Love, Dawn
    Hi Dawn!! It really brings me great joy to know you love your prezzie!! I was really excited when I got your info & my mind started going with ideas right away. I adore a challenge & getting to know new friends through this epic ;) community. For me personally, this is a chance to give from the heart. To take the time to search out & experience the inner satisfaction of making this gift something personal for my person to treasure always. Enjoy my new friend, may we meet soon at a show near us!!!!! xoxo Kelly
    “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.”― Mary Anne Radmacher
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    20131229_1205282.jpg[

Thank you Secret Santa! It arrived while we were in Canada for our annual PJ party there. I love everything! I got a tea towel by Artists of Yuendumu which is absolutely beautiful. Love all the colors and patterns. Chocolate Macadamias, a stuffed Koala which reminds me of one I had when I was a kid. Two beautiful calendars - one wall one Australian landscapes and a desk one from Australia Geographic. Both have absolutely gorgeous photographs! I really do need to visit sometime. A very cute Christmas ornament, a PJ Winnipeg sticker which was one of my favorite shows, 2 magnets and a sweet card with a note inside.
    Thank you so much again and once again to Dimi for running the whole operation. Cheers and Happy New Year to everyone! :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    WoogieWoogie NYC Posts: 409
    Woogie wrote:

Hi Dawn!! It really brings me great joy to know you love your prezzie!! I was really excited when I got your info & my mind started going with ideas right away. I adore a challenge & getting to know new friends through this epic ;) community. For me personally, this is a chance to give from the heart. To take the time to search out & experience the inner satisfaction of making this gift something personal for my person to treasure always. Enjoy my new friend, may we meet soon at a show near us!!!!! xoxo Kelly
    “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.”― Mary Anne Radmacher

Kelly! I am the same exact way, I love giving gifts from the bottom of my heart and to see the joy in other people!!! It is thee best feeling in the world!! I suppose that is why Dimitris matched us together.... He is one smart cookie :) I really hope we get to meet in person at a show, hopefully in 2014! I wish you and your family a Safe and Happy New Year!! Your quote by Radmacher is right on!!! xoxo (I still haven't figured out how to post a picture on here.... but I will)
  • Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    Got an awesome unique gift from my SS a couple days back, love the decorative album tiles!!!

Thanks much!
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Early in December I got a message that I had a 10c gift card from jenn. So I'm guessing that's my Secret Santa but I don't know her screen name.

So here's how I decided to spend my gift card (which arrived while there was a sale on, even better!). I really don't have all that many bootlegs. I always intend to buy more, I read the threads about which shows to get, etc., then I can't decide and I only buy 1 or 2. I know, I look like a bad fan. :oops:

So among the ones I'd thought about buying when they were released were the set of 2009 Philly shows. I never got around to it. Then I'd look at them and think, "Should I buy a couple of shows? Should I buy the whole set?" And then never do it. So while I shopped with my gift card, I decided it was about time to get them!

So this arrived Christmas Eve:

015_zps2855f95b.jpg~original

Yes, I have to have the actual CDs, never downloads. It comes from having grown up buying albums. I have to have something I can hold and look at.

So, thank you, jenn! You helped me overcome my indecision and I have more great music to listen to! I hope you had a great Christmas and have a wonderful New Year!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    If you haven't received a gift yet, it might be comforting to know that I shipped Priority via USPS from South Jersey to CT on 12/20/13. It still hasn't arrived. Tracking info says it went from here, to Philly, to Mass, to Maine, and now back to Mass. Perhaps they may never stop bleeding money if they can't figure out that CT is south of MASS & Maine!!!!! Ack! :evil:
  • Options
    Bryon from Evanston, NY I love, love, love, love my gift! How did you know? I had been on the hunt for this! Thanks so very much. It is the PJ poster from Denmark, 6/26/07 not that I was at that show, I was too busy delivering my son! So it is fitting and I totally love it!

Thanks so much! Best gift I got all Christmas!

xoxo

Jen
  • Options
    Tracking says my shipment is out for delivery today :)
    Whew......Hope it get's to it's destination and I'm soooo sorry it's so late.
    Happy New Year!