Options

Secret Santa 2013

Comments

• Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    My fabulous SS presents came before Christmas but I was waiting to post until my SS got her presents - that's the joke, Dottles and I got each other, but my present to her took a million years to get there and isn't there yet. Bah, humbug. (What is with shipping this year? It took 13 days to get a small package from LA to San Francisco.)

Anyway, the gifts I received were awesome. A book on the history of Cornwall (that I read immediately), a beautiful ornament that says Merry Christmas in Cornish, lots of chocolate (UK chocolate is the best), a stocking with hand balm and tea, a gorgeous homemade necklace and two PJ pins. I'll post a photo of the necklace later - if I can get it away from my daughter.

Dottles, you are the best! Thank you so much for your gifts, they are most appreciated. I hope we get to meet in person some day - hopefully at a PJ show. I'm sorry your present hasn't arrived yet - cross your fingers and maybe it will be soon.

And thanks again to Dimi for organizing this.

73aabe1f-d74f-43b1-90bf-7354108fa823_zpsbafb2702.jpg

f0198852-4c08-4653-b3ba-dcd5329719d9_zps6520a606.jpg
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Enkidu wrote:
    My fabulous SS presents came before Christmas but I was waiting to post until my SS got her presents - that's the joke, Dottles and I got each other, but my present to her took a million years to get there and isn't there yet. Bah, humbug. (What is with shipping this year? It took 13 days to get a small package from LA to San Francisco.)

Anyway, the gifts I received were awesome. A book on the history of Cornwall (that I read immediately), a beautiful ornament that says Merry Christmas in Cornish, lots of chocolate (UK chocolate is the best), a stocking with hand balm and tea, a gorgeous homemade necklace and two PJ pins. I'll post a photo of the necklace later - if I can get it away from my daughter.

Dottles, you are the best! Thank you so much for your gifts, they are most appreciated. I hope we get to meet in person some day - hopefully at a PJ show. I'm sorry your present hasn't arrived yet - cross your fingers and maybe it will be soon.

Love the ornament. It's so cool having an ornament from another place.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Enkidu wrote:

I am so so pleased you liked it, and yes I certainly hope that we get to meet in person - Euro 2014?!
    It's not your fault mine hasn't arrived, the elves must have just been a little slow in the sorting office, it's all good - it extends Christmas :D:D
    I loved having you to buy for, I could have bought much more!
    Enjoy the chocolate and the tea :mrgreen: And I hope you can wrestle the necklace back :D (but I'm really glad you both like my handiwork!)
    Happy New Year! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    PJPixie wrote:
    Tracking says my shipment is out for delivery today :)
    Whew......Hope it get's to it's destination and I'm soooo sorry it's so late.
    Happy New Year!

photo_zps3607fbba.jpg

It arrived today, at the best possible time!

Thanks so much, PJPixie!!! I got home from North Carolina late last night, and logged on this morning to catch up on work.

Next thing I know, Mr. Unlost came in with a big box and let me just say WOW!!!

I love everything, most especially the handmade PJ scarf which PERFECTLY matches the new coat I bought myself two weeks ago! It's gorgeous, and I love the PJ at the ends. :D

And the Easy Street t-shirt fits perfectly! I love the color, too.

The yummies... well, let's just say I can see why the brownie brittle is your favorite indulgence, but your peppermint chocolate is my favorite.

Really your timing was impeccable because the days leading up to Christmas were a whirlwind, then Christmas was crazy with me packing to take the dogs to North Carolina for an agility tournament, and leaving before dawn on the 26th for what we thought would be a 14 hour drive that somehow became 21.

So today was the first day I had to sit down, take a breath, and fully enjoy all these great presents.

Thank you so very, very much and best wishes for a happy, healthy 2014!

xxxooo,

Trisha

p.s. I'm blaming you when I gain 5 lbs in the next week
    :D
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Unlost Dogs...HOLY WOW!!! I got my ss gift tonight, which made for an excellent Christmas Eve :-) Thank you sooo much-i loved every single thing in my package from all of the made in Maine goodies, to the standing PJ letters (which have already found a great home) to the moose ornament and cd and stickers. you made my night...thank you again :-) I did a happy dance when I got the package!

:clap::clap::clap:

So glad you liked it!

Enjoy! I hope you like the Star Anna CD, I got it at Easy Street Records when I was in Seattle. I love, Love, LOVE her stuff. :D

Happy dances are the best way to express thanks, in my book at least!

:)

Trisha
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    PJPixie wrote:
    Tracking says my shipment is out for delivery today :)
    Whew......Hope it get's to it's destination and I'm soooo sorry it's so late.
    Happy New Year!

photo_zps3607fbba.jpg

It arrived today, at the best possible time!

Thanks so much, PJPixie!!! I got home from North Carolina late last night, and logged on this morning to catch up on work.

Next thing I know, Mr. Unlost came in with a big box and let me just say WOW!!!

I love everything, most especially the handmade PJ scarf which PERFECTLY matches the new coat I bought myself two weeks ago! It's gorgeous, and I love the PJ at the ends. :D

And the Easy Street t-shirt fits perfectly! I love the color, too.

The yummies... well, let's just say I can see why the brownie brittle is your favorite indulgence, but your peppermint chocolate is my favorite.

Really your timing was impeccable because the days leading up to Christmas were a whirlwind, then Christmas was crazy with me packing to take the dogs to North Carolina for an agility tournament, and leaving before dawn on the 26th for what we thought would be a 14 hour drive that somehow became 21.

So today was the first day I had to sit down, take a breath, and fully enjoy all these great presents.

Thank you so very, very much and best wishes for a happy, healthy 2014!

xxxooo,

Trisha

p.s. I'm blaming you when I gain 5 lbs in the next week
    :D
    Yay! This makes me super happy! Happy 2014!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    Totally forgot to mention my SS was umbertotamba!
    Thanks Rob for the awesome gifts.

On another note,
    I feel like the worst SS of all time. My package was sent out right before X-Mas but I found Deftones on FB. I messaged him and said the package is on the was. It still appears to be "In Transit." But oh that Greek mail system may take awhile. So Deftones, hang in there, I promise it will make it. Consider it a "holiday single" from 10C.
  • Options
    Good afternoon peeps,
    Well as you already are aware from Enkidu's post, we had each other as SS's - and despite being posted in plenty of time, her pressie got caught by UK customs and after some wrangling, was released for delivery on NYE, it finally arrived today!

Ann (Enkidu) had said that her pressie would be fun, and it most certainly was. The huge box contained a number of parcels and they almost all gave clues to a Pearl Jam song. It was ace opening each parcel and piecing together the lyrics.
    I am amazed at the thoughtfulness, the fun and time that went into my pressie, I loved it, thank you so so much!

I'll not post the song, see if you can guess from the photos!

AAAARGH the forum won't let me link from photobucket as it is saying the photos are too big!
    Never had an issue before!
    I'll sort later and post then :cry:

Ann, I do hope we get to meet so I can say thank you in person! xxxx
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^^ dottles I always get the 'images are too big' thing. Go into 'edit' & 'size' on photobucket & make sure they're under 360x240 I think it is. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,315
    im so sorry,i lost so many pm with this new forum,i now dont know to update alot of infos,some delays,or who treceive their gifts..
    this is fuck up,i dont know how i can update the thread,,sure cant update the 1st page now...ill try to figure out only via hotmail,but its imposible to find all,cos alot was at private message here that losted after the new forum
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    dottles said:

Good afternoon peeps,
    Well as you already are aware from Enkidu's post, we had each other as SS's - and despite being posted in plenty of time, her pressie got caught by UK customs and after some wrangling, was released for delivery on NYE, it finally arrived today!

Ann (Enkidu) had said that her pressie would be fun, and it most certainly was. The huge box contained a number of parcels and they almost all gave clues to a Pearl Jam song. It was ace opening each parcel and piecing together the lyrics.
    I am amazed at the thoughtfulness, the fun and time that went into my pressie, I loved it, thank you so so much!

AAAARGH the forum won't let me link from photobucket as it is saying the photos are too big!

[URL=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/leannie_martin/media/148dc96e-1431-4bf1-855f-835c8c743597.jpg.html][IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/leannie_martin/148dc96e-1431-4bf1-855f-835c8c743597.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/leannie_martin/media/9192505e-9ba8-4b4c-8900-75ce818aff44.jpg.html][IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/leannie_martin/9192505e-9ba8-4b4c-8900-75ce818aff44.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/leannie_martin/media/bb7f173f-5d8d-47ae-9923-488e2c5633d1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/leannie_martin/bb7f173f-5d8d-47ae-9923-488e2c5633d1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/leannie_martin/media/f8af359d-976d-424b-a070-dc03b901a46b.jpg.html][IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/leannie_martin/f8af359d-976d-424b-a070-dc03b901a46b.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/leannie_martin/media/99c6eeda-8124-4040-9937-c27ae7049822.jpg.html][IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/leannie_martin/99c6eeda-8124-4040-9937-c27ae7049822.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/leannie_martin/media/36f747f6-e274-4558-80d9-e2028359d30d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/leannie_martin/36f747f6-e274-4558-80d9-e2028359d30d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Lets try again!
    Post edited by dottles on
  • Options
    Oh I give up! I thought this forum design was meat to be easier for photos :(
  • Options
    I tried to post a photo and it didn't work either. Maybe I'll try tomorrow. Ugh.
  • Options
    HEXHEX Posts: 221
    My Secret Santa gift arrived today. Thank you so very much Carolyn !! It was worth the wait. I love everything ..... so thoughtful .... and with the purple details and all the notes to explain the different gifts ...........
    Also love to learn about the city where you live through the gifts and the story about Pres. Kennedy visiting your city the day before he was killed. I will read the stories in the local newspaper with interest, thanks for this exclusive gift !
    And there's this box with delicious pecan-chocolates home made by Carolyn, a towel with many popular events of the city, a magnet with the state flower of texas: the Bluebonnet, beautiful socks with cats and a Yellow Moon, gorgeous The Who shoelaces, a snow globe with the picture of the Modern Art Museum (didn't know there's so much art in you city), New Model Army 'art' coasters (great find, two more to add to the collection), a wonderful glow-in-the-dark tile with the famous line from Unthought Known (Didn't try the GITD yet) and a lovely card.
    And because I love cats Carolyn added a sweet 'meowy christmas' ornament for my kitty ......... but I don't have cats at the moment ....... the only kitty I have is my youngest sister (yes, her name is Kitty) !

Carolyn, I can't thank you enough for the gifts and the love and effort you've put in this surprise !!
    Getting to know new friends through this Secret Santa experience is great and I hope we get to meet in the near future ......sometime, somewhere ..........
    Love, peace and hugs,
    Jojo

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Jojo,
    I'm so happy the package finally arrived and that you're enjoying your gifts! I had been tracking the package and was afraid it had gotten lost somewhere. I really had fun putting it all together. Dimitris made a great choice when he matched me to you. I hope I get to visit the Netherlands some day and meet you!

Much love,
    Carolyn
    Post edited by Who Princess on
  • Options
    I'd like to visit your city with all the Art museums. I have put it on the huge list of places in the US to visit ........ well one day .....

The package I sent to my recipient -Hi Christy !! - took longer than usual. I think this happened to other Secret Santa's too.

Carolyn, when you happen to come to the Netherlands in (mid) June this summer I'll take you to some special events in
    Amsterdam ;)

See you, take care and thanks again.
  • Options
    For Leanne, Ann and others who want to post photo's: go to www.tinypic.com ....... I tried and it did work ........ my first time posting pics here !
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited January 2014
    Enkidu's gift to Dottles

dottles said:

dottles said:

Good afternoon peeps,

Lets try again!

Post edited by Longueuil on
  • Options
    Awwww Thank you so much for resolving the photo issue for me!
    I've never had a problem before posting photos on here.
    So as you can see I was very lucky - and can anyone
  • Options
    dottles said:

Is it Wishlist?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    THANK-YOU MENSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was back to work today & having given my work address I was hopeful my pressie would come & it did & I LLLLOOOOOOVVVVEEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

So cool that I met you in Seattle & wow that you must have known your were my Secret Santa & then there I was!! HA HA HA.

Thank-you so, so, so, so, so much darlin! I have never seen the plant nanny thing & it is FABBB!! When I got home from work tonight I noticed a few plants were a bit saggy & though oooooh I can use it!!

Hmmmm, edit to add, how do I post pics in the new forum? We used to post the IMG url from photobucket but that doesn't seem to work now. The image is the right size in photobucket. Then I tried the little 'Image' button, posted the photobucket IMG address there but that doesn;t work either. Anyone know? TIA. :)
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    morello said:

THANK-YOU MENSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was back to work today & having given my work address I was hopeful my pressie would come & it did & I LLLLOOOOOOVVVVEEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

So cool that I met you in Seattle & wow that you must have known your were my Secret Santa & then there I was!! HA HA HA.

Thank-you so, so, so, so, so much darlin! I have never seen the plant nanny thing & it is FABBB!! When I got home from work tonight I noticed a few plants were a bit saggy & though oooooh I can use it!!

Hmmmm, edit to add, how do I post pics in the new forum? We used to post the IMG url from photobucket but that doesn't seem to work now. The image is the right size in photobucket. Then I tried the little 'Image' button, posted the photobucket IMG address there but that doesn;t work either. Anyone know? TIA. :)

It's now too late to edit my own post so quoting here to hopefully add the picture:
    photo 20140106_172638.jpg
    YAYYY! It worked. You have to use the html code from photobucket, not the IMG code like we used to use.

Anyway I got some Seattle chocolate, a Gardening Journey & a "Plant Nanny" which is a terracotta upside down triangle you rest a bottle full of water in & the water slowly seeps through the terracotta to water your plants! Weeheee! I've never come across one before. It says you can use a wine bottle so there you go, a use for empty wine bottles! ;)
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    So my SS gift was delivered on Dec 2...i'm hoping my SS got it and that it wasn't addressed to or delivered to the wrong address!!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    still nothing here in NYC. anyone else get burned?
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,000
    damn, been in their town since Dec 24. Post Office claims attempted delivery 4 times on that day. NO WORD whatsoever from SS Recipient.. Fucking paid $70 in shipping to get it there.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I'm going to try to post again this gorgeous necklace Dottles made - being worn by my daughter in the photo. Who knows when I'll see it again? (Yay, I got a photo to post in the new "improved" forum.)

photo f6c01e9f-976a-478d-b27a-29dad72e5c1d_zpsc9d59578.jpg
  • Options
    Beautiful necklace!
  • Options

Beautiful necklace!

Maybe my daughter will let me wear it some time.
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

I'm going to try to post again this gorgeous necklace Dottles made - being worn by my daughter in the photo. Who knows when I'll see it again? (Yay, I got a photo to post in the new "improved" forum.)

photo f6c01e9f-976a-478d-b27a-29dad72e5c1d_zpsc9d59578.jpg

yay! I'm so pleased you (and your daughter!) like it. I wasn't sure when I making it but I thought it came out well in the end :)
    I hope you do get to wear it at some point!

• Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    dottles said:

hard to imagine:
    PAINT a picture using only GREY, , light your PILLOW ...etc