Options

Secret Santa 2013

Comments

• Options
    Sent mine to New Zealand 3 weeks ago.

Hope it's arrived safely. :D

Merry Christmas everybody!!!

I'm now off to play a gig and fully intend to finish off with a punk version of Jingle Bells.

Cheers
    Chris
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,892
    ANNNNNND ITS OFF!!!!! To destinations unknown. Ok, thats not true. 2 people know. Oh yeah, that lady behind the counter knows to where its going. So that makes three. Shit, I thought this was supposed to be secret? Man, this is ripe for getting exposed.

Well, in any case, random person (1 out of how many billion?) in that random country somewhere on the planet(as far as YOU know! ;) ) I can let you know when its arrived to a certain point.

Hope you enjoy!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Mine is out too!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Mine is in the post too, I apologise now if it doesn't arrive until just after Christmas. I've never left it until last minute before but life got in the way this year.
    I hope my recipient likes it and forgives any delays, the post office says 6 working days, so you never know :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Mine is going out today - the last present just came in the mail. Woo hoo! It's weird how it really is more exciting to SEND the present than get it (not to sound ungrateful because getting presents is fun and fabulous, but you know what I mean).
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    All of ya'll are making me feel so much better. MINE just went into the mail today. I was so embarrassed but I had some problems getting everything together. To my giftee, if it arrives after Christmas then your holiday will just last a little longer, I hope!

Enkidu, I agree. It's really fun putting the gift together. I start out wondering what on earth to get, then have more ideas than I can handle.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Dropping mine off on my way home from work today. :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mahndogmahndog Posts: 394
    mailed my ss package on dec 3. . . im in the middle of canada. .. it is headed out west but decided to take a detour out east first :-S grrrr... msh what can you do?
    Toronto 9.21.96/Barrie 8.22.98/Toronto 10.5.00/Toronto 6.28.03/Kitchener 9.11.05/Toronto 5.10.06/Toronto 8.21.09/PJ20 9.03.11/PJ20 9.04.11/Toronto 9.11.11/London 7.16.13/Buffalo 10.12.13

kingjeremysig.jpg
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Mine was difficult.. My person gave NO clues.. So I've been slowly
    Putting things together.. Final thing goes in tomorrow! And then it's off with overnight delivery, just toBE safe!
    This was THE MOST difficult one to date!! But I think my person will like their gifts!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Mailed it today!! Should arrive by the end of the week! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Thank you to the mysterious Jack Cameron for my gift! Already listened to (and ripped to iTunes - on my 'Sunday Session' and 'BluesnRoots' playlists) the Ranger Spacey eps and will give the immortality/rearviewmirror 7 inch a spin after I put the kids to bed and pour my hubby and I a drink. Thank you so much for the thoughtful gift :)
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Well I paid extra so my delivery was tracked - I must've hit lucky timewise as it appears to already be in/arriving the destination country somewhere :)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    AdidiAdidi Posts: 31
    WOW Santa Denise, I'm SO blown away!!! What an AMAZING present!!! I absolutely LOVE every single item you collected and generously contributed to me, You totally ROCK!!! :clap::clap::clap:
    I received a cute animals calendar, beautiful Wishlist foundation/P.J cards, a very useful eddie's beer openner magnet, a cool Mike's pick, a lovely brooch and the legendary Vs.&Vitalogy deluxe set!!!
    Did I mention already that I just LOVE it?!?!!... :P
    I'm so thankful... THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! :D:D:D
    And thanks a lot for the kind letter, I really enjoyed reading it and was touched by your warm words...
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and as always... KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD!!! :wink:
    Peace&Love!

* Can't figure out how to upload photos... :eh:
    *** Landgraaf 12.6.00 *** Sydney 11.2.03 *** Sydney 13.2.03 *** Sydney 14.2.03 *** Adelaide 16.2.03 *** Melbourne 18.2.03 *** Melbourne 19.2.03 *** Melbourne 20.2.03 *** Berlin 4.7.12 *** Berlin 5.7.12 ***
  • Options
    OMG thank you soooooo much to my secretsanta for all the fantastic surprises!
    Would you believe immortality is my favorite PJ song :) totally sweet haul! You are a star! And I got an Andy Wood card in the pack!
    1444rr.jpg

And I absolutely LOVE the scooby dooo decoration thats on my tree now :mrgreen:
    9rtztd.jpg
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    ps maybe I shouldnt have opened the trading cards but I couldnt resist :)
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    F*** me...it appears that in my enjoyment of Seattle I have missed the last post date for the USA ....dear secret santa person I am sooooo sorry only got back from Seattle yesterday and now due to my tardiness you wont get a present until after christmas. I so thought it would be Friday but infact last postage was 11th December so I missed it by a mile :(
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    sent mine last week. after seeing some of your pictures I feel like a cheap shit. sorry person who's name I got.
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Options
    RedPJRedPJ New Plymouth, New Zealand Posts: 207
    I don't know how to post a photo,

But thank you Santa for the recipe book and Not For You single!!! awesome!!! can't wait to bake delicious treats... and If I ever get to Wales, I'll be sure to cook up a storm!!

Thank you once again... very generous :-)

Mere
    Just For Today, I Am Free...
  • Options
    jack cameronjack cameron Sydney Posts: 340
    Thank you to the mysterious Jack Cameron for my gift! Already listened to (and ripped to iTunes - on my 'Sunday Session' and 'BluesnRoots' playlists) the Ranger Spacey eps and will give the immortality/rearviewmirror 7 inch a spin after I put the kids to bed and pour my hubby and I a drink. Thank you so much for the thoughtful gift :)

No problem, Moretonbayfig! - hope you enjoyed the present! I went out on a limb there by sending you some EPs by my band, however, I thought Perth doesn't get enough unsigned Sydney bands. Sorry if it's not what you wanted... I'm the drummer in the band, so please call me Bev.

As for the 7" single of Immortality, I feel that this is one of Eddie's strongest songs ever written. This always makes me feel amazing when I hear it (especially Mike's solo) and I always fall away into a place where I feel safe.

Hope you have an amazing Christmas, keep safe and remember to wear sunscreen!

jack cameron...
    Pearl Jam: 11/02/03 • 13/02/03 • 18/02/03 • 07/11/06 • 13/11/06 • 16/11/06 • 18/11/06 • 19/11/06 • 20/11/09 • 22/11/09 • 26/01/14
    Eddie Vedder: 15/03/11 • 16/03/11 • 18/03/11 • 19/03/11 • 11/02/14 • 12/02/14
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805

No problem, Moretonbayfig! - hope you enjoyed the present! I went out on a limb there by sending you some EPs by my band, however, I thought Perth doesn't get enough unsigned Sydney bands. Sorry if it's not what you wanted... I'm the drummer in the band, so please call me Bev.

As for the 7" single of Immortality, I feel that this is one of Eddie's strongest songs ever written. This always makes me feel amazing when I hear it (especially Mike's solo) and I always fall away into a place where I feel safe.

Hope you have an amazing Christmas, keep safe and remember to wear sunscreen!

jack cameron...

Thank you again Bev - it's great! I'm enjoying the EPs - thought you may have seen that I love Paul Kelly, JBT etc. and took a punt. Thanks for sharing your band with me - I love the narrative and vibe... very summery and makes me thirsty for a beer! You did very well on the gift mate :) Enjoy the festive season... and don't worry about me I'm wearing the SPF30+ slap 24/7! Mel x
  • Options
    sent mine out last week, santee received it, tracked me down and sent me a thank you note. that was nice.

i'm still waiting....
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Thank you to Jammer 2013. The gift was a perfect fit for my nightly cocktail. My best to the entire PJ community this holiday season.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Adidi wrote:
    WOW Santa Denise, I'm SO blown away!!! What an AMAZING present!!! I absolutely LOVE every single item you collected and generously contributed to me, You totally ROCK!!! :clap::clap::clap:
    I received a cute animals calendar, beautiful Wishlist foundation/P.J cards, a very useful eddie's beer openner magnet, a cool Mike's pick, a lovely brooch and the legendary Vs.&Vitalogy deluxe set!!!
    Did I mention already that I just LOVE it?!?!!... :P
    I'm so thankful... THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! :D:D:D
    And thanks a lot for the kind letter, I really enjoyed reading it and was touched by your warm words...
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and as always... KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD!!! :wink:
    Peace&Love!

* Can't figure out how to upload photos... :eh:
    Yay! Will you be going to any of the Europe shows? We are trying for Amsterdam, Vienna and Berlin so hope to be able to meet you in person! Cheers!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Glad you liked the recipe book and Not for You vinyl, Red PJ. I'm a chef myself so thought it would be something a little different to try. Welsh cuisine is really easy though!!!

Cheers
    Chris
  • Options
    Received my awesome gift this week and feel terrible about what I sent after receiving it. I panicked and thought we were supposed to have them sent by 11/24, so since I was on crutches did the easy thing and ordered a gift card. Ugh. Now I think my email meant 12/24 and I could have taken some time and done some investigating! I am sorry Jennifer PJ-but next year, ya'll look out. And Dawn gives the best gifts!!!!
  • Options
    BK5BK5 Posts: 6
    My SS gift arrived and it couldn't have been more perfectly timed!

As I am sure many of you know, last week, EMEK had a lottery to sell his AP editions of his wonderful PJ poster from the Portland show. I entered the lottery and was notified that I did not get selected...I was pretty bummed.

That is, until I opened my SS gift. It was the EMEK Portland Poster along with a few PJ stickers from the tour!!!
    Thank you SS for the great gift and Happy Holidays to all!

-Brian
  • Options
    ratmandoratmando Outside of Portland, or somewhere like that Posts: 347
    Thanks D-- All Sent and gratefully received... Loved my gifties from my SS. :) Wait.. isn't SS a bad thing? So uhm, er... SUPER Santa did super indeed.
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    ratmandoratmando Outside of Portland, or somewhere like that Posts: 347
    evsgjamm wrote:
    Mine came in the mail this week. Couldn't wipe the grin off my face!!! As a geologist, my secret santa gifted me with a handful of great new rock specimens to add to my collection and a VERY awesome Xmas card. Thx SS - it made me smile so friggin much. You rock :lol:

I was so happy to find another rocker.. ahem. I collect various types of Amethysts since my friend of that name died ten years back... and I live near Red Rock Canyon, so it was fun finding things JUST for someone who would know the Shist out of things. :)p
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    RedPJRedPJ New Plymouth, New Zealand Posts: 207
    Glad you liked the recipe book and Not for You vinyl, Red PJ. I'm a chef myself so thought it would be something a little different to try. Welsh cuisine is really easy though!!!

Cheers
    Chris

Oh Chris, thank you very much.

The Not For You single was perfectly timed!! I had an annoying flatmate who has recently just moved out... but I had been cranking the song from the NY '10 boot. its like you knew!!!

M
    Just For Today, I Am Free...
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited December 2013
    Dimi passed on the message about my secret santa being delayed due to the discovery of NZ's strict rules re what can be sent here so no worries!! I look forward to whatever it is whenever it gets here!! :)

I gave my work address as I don't have anywhere for the postie to leave things at home when I'm not there as I'm not during the day & our office is now closed for 2 weeks over Xmas/New Years so no secret santa for me until after 6th January anyway. It'll be a nice post-Xmas surprise!!

Merry Christmas lead-up everyone!!
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011