Options

***Official Toronto 2006 Meet-up Thread***

Comments

• Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    it's in a basement

it was tiny

it smelled like urine

the bathrooms were horrid (I was one of the first people there so it wasn't because of ALL the people) there were 5 people in there when I got there and the bathrooms were so disgusting it looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a week

the service was horrible... our waitress was very rude

we ordered food and after an hour of waiting, and getting nothing... not even the waitress coming over to check on us, we left

we found a really nice sports bar with an outside patio that was filled with PJ people and they were playing the garden DVD... very nice place

I wasn't really COMPLAINING in my original post about it... just disapointed. Toronto is a beautiful city with really nice bars. Just didn't think this one would be picked again. I'll find my way back to that sports bar ;)
    Hehee...is it really that bad?

Last year I didn't go across but I've heard that it gets really crowded and tight in there??
  • Options
    DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
    I was there last year...got there kinda late, so we had to go WAY to the back. It was definately packed in there, I was impressed. Personally I thought the place was great, it seemed like everyone was having a good time. We could've used some place bigger though, cause I know some people couldn't even get in it was so packed.
    I do agree that somewhere with a patio would be nice though. It was a pain for all us smokers to have to stand out on the sidewalk....plus hopefully the weather will be great, so it'd be nice to be able to have a drink on the patio. But hey, I'm not gonna complain if it stays there, we had a great time...

Peace
    :-p
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • Options
    JJDJJD Posts: 17
    The purpose ..........to raise the most money for mike.........Be creative....I'm proud to say what I donated last time brought in a hundred buckers.....Loose moose is cool......the Irish embassy on young St would be hip but......drinking under the bridge would bring back memories......Ok sugestions for donations....ummm.....ill get back to ya'ss JJD
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    It's in an old building in a complex of bars/restaurants

In the building there is the Armadillo, Jask Astors, Joe Badali's, an Irish Pub and a steakhouse.

It's small but it's fun.

I'm re-thinking showing up after work. I might have to cut out at 3 or 4. What the F - I'm the boss! I don't want to get stuck at the back
  • Options
    spryguy09spryguy09 Posts: 446
    To all the Ontario jammers that will be attending the Toronto show, I was thinking we could get together before, for a few beers and a few laughs :D:D

Suggestions are welcome to where and when, but I was hoping that everyone's down. :)

Alrighty, well the dates have been announced and I'm more excited than ever so now we can REALLY start to talk about this!! :)

***Also*** We will try to get some fundraising going for CCFC :)

I'm so pumped!! :)

Here's The Details So Far:

Where?

The Loose Moose Tap & Grill

When?

May 9th & 10th

Time?

3:00 p.m. or whenever the hell you want :)

Who's In So Far?

Thumbing My Way
    VOLITION
    O_G_D
    MrMerkinball
    Krohn & Quiet Rhythm
    corduroy 10
    civ eng girl
    24veddie
    King Nothing
    DopeyBoy
    *given*to*fly
    BUFFALO
    ]V[ANTIS
    Dirty_Frank
    MarkB
    nuzpaper
    scratched vinyl
    tootough
    EDDIE!EDDIE!
    Krisdababe
    ACCBootlegGoddess
    PJ Pook
    bubbamackdaddy69
    Gonzo 1977
    stpmattb
    Tek Money
    edvedr13
    GraspWhatYouCan
    Kricket
    The Dajaaza
    canadian fan
    Xboxjunkie
    the don
    PJ Sparks
    173rdVET
    SENROCK!
    mrmojorisinca
    uninnocent
    liquidsilver
    Lukin 13
    Quebec fan
    cyaontheflipside
    Karts
    Boozer
    Brown Dog
    JackRizzler
    MacDogg
    I'm in! And I'm bringing a PJ virgin!
    Toronto Sept 96. Barrie Aug 98. Toronto Oct 00. Toronto June 03. Hamilton Sept 05. Toronto May 06. Toronto Aug 09. Toronto Sept 11. London July 13. Toronto May 16 (I & II).
    Eddie solo. Aug 08 (Massey Hall II)
  • Options
    tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    Who's In So Far?

SENROCK!

oh my....senrocks gonna be in town...im VERY curious about this character so I may need to see if shes really THAT HIGH ON LIFE ALL THE TIME!!!!
    LOL :D im scared!!!!!! ;)
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    tremorvoid wrote:
    oh my....senrocks gonna be in town...im VERY curious about this character so I may need to see if shes really THAT HIGH ON LIFE ALL THE TIME!!!!
    LOL :D im scared!!!!!! ;)

Yepp!!!

That's what she told me.....she's flowin in !!! :D:D

I'm pumped!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    where do you all park? at the venue then walk to the bar? or is there a place by the bar and then walk to the venue. i dont know the area...at all. do they have labatts on tap? :D
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    tremorvoid wrote:
    where do you all park? at the venue then walk to the bar? or is there a place by the bar and then walk to the venue. i dont know the area...at all. do they have labatts on tap? :D

I'll be takin' the GO TRAIN in from Burlington!!!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Posts: 115
    whats the age range of every1 thats gonna be there, im 19, il be the youngest i guess
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    tremorvoid wrote:

Its not far from the ACC. Like a 10min walk. There's no parking around the loose moose. Don't even try to park around there. You won't find anything. Just park near the ACC and walk to the Loose Moose.
  • Options
    I'll be takin' the GO TRAIN in from Burlington!!!!

we be drivin from buffalo....no go train fo me!

:D
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    MarkB wrote:
    whats the age range of every1 thats gonna be there, im 19, il be the youngest i guess

I'm only 19 too...
  • Options
    Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    MarkB wrote:

20 here. . .

:)
  • Options
    ahh right on, i think il bring some young girls for u guys
  • Options
    KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    tremorvoid wrote:

Labatts?? On tap?!?? Eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

Down some Keith's, or some good ol' Sleemans Cream Ale. What does the Loose Moose have on tap? I am curious now!
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • Options
    Krohn wrote:

Down some Keith's, or some good ol' Sleemans Cream Ale. What does the Loose Moose have on tap? I am curious now!

Ewwww...hehe, heres hoping they have Heiniken on tap!
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    Krohn wrote:

labatts=keiths

brewed in the same kegs and by the same people...who don't know how to make beer

keiths use to be good...till labatts started brewing it locally

don't kid yourself

mooseheah...the last of the good independents. now thatssa beer :)
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Ewwww...hehe, heres hoping they have Heiniken on tap!

Or Waterloo Dark! :D

I'm so excited!!

I'll be hoofin' it over straight from work, only a few blocks away...

I even booked the day off for night 2 - so i'll be downtown early for more PJ Pre-party fun!!

hmmm.... what to do whith my day off???
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    labatts=keiths

brewed in the same kegs and by the same people...who don't know how to make beer

keiths use to be good...till labatts started brewing it locally

don't kid yourself

mooseheah...the last of the good independents. now thatssa beer :)

I still like Keith's. But didn't know Labatt's took it over. Thats unfortunate. It surprises me they stopped brewing it in Nova Scotia, it's still heavily advertised it's ONLY brewed in N.S. I don't really keep up with beer news, im not a drinker. That sicko Keith's pedophile spokesman has a good way of making people ditch the beer, eh? :)

I like the Heiniken on tap. I still like my Sleemans, and Moosehead is a high quality beer, I do agree :) Since I don't drink often, I have to be selective of what I drink, when I drink.
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I'm 28, does that make me the old one? I hope not :)

nope! got you beat by a year! :D
  • Options
    hey guys i have a stupid question ...how do i pick up my tickets ...like what do i need ?....is there anything that i can print out from the website saying i bought my tickets just to make sure ...iv never done this before so im a little confused lol help please ?
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    hey guys i have a stupid question ...how do i pick up my tickets ...like what do i need ?....is there anything that i can print out from the website saying i bought my tickets just to make sure ...iv never done this before so im a little confused lol help please ?

really, all you need is your photo ID.

in 2005, they did send out a formal confirmation email (one for each city) - but i'm not sure if they are going to do that again.... you didn't need it anyways.

anyways, just line up at the box office, and show 'em your driver's liscence.

btw... the box office is near the North/West corner of the ACC...
  • Options
    really, all you need is your photo ID.

in 2005, they did send out a formal confirmation email (one for each city) - but i'm not sure if they are going to do that again.... you didn't need it anyways.

anyways, just line up at the box office, and show 'em your driver's liscence.

btw... the box office is near the North/West corner of the ACC...

thanx you very much !
    i think im all set now :)
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    Krohn wrote:

hey labatts may be your version of bud....but its still better than bud and EVERYTHINGS better than anything miller makes. i personally rather drink scotch...but thats a bit too pricey at bars. all beer sucks really. its just cheap and available.

oh and im old too....27
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    Oh and another thing too...is the Loose Moose a bar or is it a pub that anyone can go into? My 17 year old sister is going to be with me.
  • Options
    Oh and another thing too...is the Loose Moose a bar or is it a pub that anyone can go into? My 17 year old sister is going to be with me.
    i doubt their will be a bouncer there at the door, just dont have her goin to the bar tryn to buy beer, or tell her to find a fake id, they work anywhere in Toronto
  • Options
    MarkB wrote:
    i doubt their will be a bouncer there at the door, just dont have her goin to the bar tryn to buy beer, or tell her to find a fake id, they work anywhere in Toronto

Well she doesn't have a fake ID nor is she a person who would want to get one...

It doesn't matter anyways cause my dad is comming with me. If there's a problem they can go off on their own and i'll just stay at the loose moose. I'll just meet them at our seats.
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    MarkB wrote:

you won't be the youngest. i'm bringing my friend who's only 18. but his id says he's 20. fuck, i've been going to bars with him since he was 16.
  • Options
    Well she doesn't have a fake ID nor is she a person who would want to get one...

It doesn't matter anyways cause my dad is comming with me. If there's a problem they can go off on their own and i'll just stay at the loose moose. I'll just meet them at our seats.

well i think she'l be fine place looks like its gona be packed, dont think they will ID at door